Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They did not. A2 block has 2 pins, lo-pro has 1, blocks can’t just be swapped. Plus the second barrel came nib and was a different length.
View Quote
Ok. Must have missed that in the thread someplace.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn, this thread is harshing my mellow.  After debating for sometime I was settling in on buying a complete Noveske rifle for a retirement gift for myself.  Now, I am disillusioned and disappointed in hearing this issue.  Larue Tactical was my second choice....
View Quote
You might want to consider going with Wilson combat.  I built a rifle with their billet receiver set, trigger, BCG, and barrel, and it works absolutely flawlessly.  It's a beautiful peace of machinery.  Not to mention I called about a dozen times over the corse of a year and they ALWAYS picked up and were willing to up 20-30 minute conversations with me to get what I needed.  The fit and finish with CS combination means they are my go-to.  Not to mention they are one of (the only?) company to make NP3 BCGs that haven't had past issues.  I'm building an ar pistol next year and I'm using a lot of their same stuff.  Might be worth your time, especially if you don't mind spending extra on companies like Larue and Noveske.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Mahalo to all that have responded to my previous post regarding my concerns about Noveske after reading the OP.  My retirement is a little bit away off but I am able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm saving the green stamps to give myself the retirement gift I've always wanted with all the bling.  So many AR-15 vendors but only one will fit the bill when I finally am put out to pasture to enjoy my time shooting and reloading.  Time will tell which top tier AR vendor will get my business.  I thought I had it all planned out but with threads with this kind of CS feedback I will need to take a step back and research.

Much of my buying decisions comes from feedback from actually customers.  Which restaurants to go, where to buy a certain product, etc, is basically determined ultimately from feedback from previous customers.  Social media is quite powerful in this day of age.  All the best.

Hope the OP finally will get all his issues resolved by Noveske.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mahalo to all that have responded to my previous post regarding my concerns about Noveske after reading the OP.  My retirement is a little bit away off but I am able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm saving the green stamps to give myself the retirement gift I've always wanted with all the bling.  So many AR-15 vendors but only one will fit the bill when I finally am put out to pasture to enjoy my time shooting and reloading.  Time will tell which top tier AR vendor will get my business.  I thought I had it all planned out but with threads with this kind of CS feedback I will need to take a step back and research.

Much of my buying decisions comes from feedback from actually customers.  Which restaurants to go, where to buy a certain product, etc, is basically determined ultimately from feedback from previous customers.  Social media is quite powerful in this day of age.  All the best.

View Quote
That is true but you have to consider that once in a while things slip thru that didn’t get caught in qc.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is true but you have to consider that once in a while things slip thru that didn’t get caught in qc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  I have bought enough now, that my go-to vendors have just about all had issues.  If they don't rectify it, then that is another story.

Is this all really enough to write-off Noveske?  It might be

I am so happy with my 2 uppers, that I really want to believe that the same quality is still there.  Glass half full, and all that
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 lowers and 2 upper recievers. The machining looks good, especially the lowers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
A retirement gift with all the bling?  You Sir need to build your own.  Your retirement gift should have each piece picked out by the proud owner.  Besides, that way when you want to change something on it later on you won't have to weigh altering it from its "factory" configuration.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A retirement gift with all the bling?  You Sir need to build your own.  Your retirement gift should have each piece picked out by the proud owner.  Besides, that way when you want to change something on it later on you won't have to weigh altering it from its "factory" configuration.
View Quote
Yeah, especially when changing out the charging handle from the PRI Gasbuster I originally specced to the Radian Raptor (That Noveske uses on all their Gen3 uppers) as you will void the factory warranty.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@KPog What was out of spec in his lowers?
View Quote
Let me try to find his post, but I think it was trigger and hammer pin holes were off.

Edit: It was trigger guard holes, on two lowers. He tried 3 different high quality trigger guards too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I received the upper from Noveske today and I'm definitely satisfied with the work. The pictures should highlight that the gas block seems pretty well aligned this time, the pin and weld on the Warcomp feels well done to me, and the NSR rail looks great as well. I'll have to play around with mounting the light on the NSR and the upper will be ran on one of my Vltor or Noveske lowers. FYI, the receiver is discolored due a previous rattle can job, nothing on the fault of Noveske.

Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Noveske is famous for only responding to mass public shaming.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn, this thread is harshing my mellow.  After debating for sometime I was settling in on buying a complete Noveske rifle for a retirement gift for myself.  Now, I am disillusioned and disappointed in hearing this issue.  Larue Tactical was my second choice....
View Quote
Try V7... Joel was the lead tech at Noveske until John passed.  He is talented.  I review a lot of rifles, his are my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Noveske is famous for only responding to mass public shaming.
View Quote
I would say we are getting closer to that moment. I did almost drop coin on their black Friday sale though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
More times than not the upper reciver face isn't square if you have to crank the sights all the way to one side.

It is not fixable by the barrel manufacturer unless they had the assembled upper and rear sight installed prior to pinning an A2/M4 front sight post.

Noveske makes one of the best barrels on the market $450.00 includes a gas tube ($10), Vltor gas block ($55) and the gas block is pinned in place ($50+). The actual barrel ends up costing aeound $325. That doesn't count shipping costs to have a gunsmith perform the work.

Remove the barrel and have the receiver face trued using Brownell's tools, or by a quality gunsmith. Your rear sight will end up much closer to center.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#15]
A clamp-on gas block will allow you to get perfect alignment.

I prefer pinned gas blocks, then clamp-on. Set screw gas blocks are the least desirable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good choice you’ll still get a great tack driver but LaRue should have been your first choice to begin with
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Noveske was always smoke, mirrors, and marketing. Their barrels (some) came from FN, though, and THAT aspect was legit. The rest? No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not going to put more negativity out about them for now as their sales director has done an excellent job in switching this issue around. If there's more issues I will happily post screenshots and pictures but I'm going to give them one more chance.
View Quote
Yes, after you bring the heat online/social platforms, they do fix it. I'd just get a refund and move on, personally.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Try V7... Joel was the lead tech at Noveske until John passed.  He is talented.  I review a lot of rifles, his are my favorite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes v7 is where i would look for expensive grail gun parts
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Noveske 14.5 Pinned to 16” Switchblock from the golden era of John Noveske.  I love the upper, even tho it’s heavy by today’s standards with the quad rail and cutout for the SB.  I eventually built it into a complete Noveske after getting a lower and setting it all up.

I’ll never sell the rifle and while I had entertained a similar SBR length upper back in the day, I don’t think I’ll be purchasing any more from them.  Their time has come and gone, while other companies have innnovated, moved forward, and kept QC & CS high.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top