BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like this. I think I'm gonna have to buy another stripped URG-I, add a NT4 flash hider or MAMS, and rock the corn cob
View Quote
It's a nice setup. The NT4 FH will get the can closer to the rail which would look a little better IMO. The NT4 MAMS sticks the can out a little more.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It appears that some ODG MK16 rails are darker than others.  I have a darker one that is a pretty good match for ODG magpul furniture and I'm looking for a lighter color rail so if anyone is interested in trading, let me know.  If I can't find anyone to trade the I will probably sell so in case anyone is looking too.

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
@spooled

From the URG-I thread:

"Put a rod down the bore, mark it and measure it. Also measure the thread length. Also measure the rail length. If the rail is in fact 9.30", a 10.10" barrel with .63" long threads should be flush with the end of the rail."

You said a 9.8" barrel would work. If in fact your barrel is 10.1", I don't see .3" between the rear of the suppressor and front of the rail. Do you own a ruler and calipers?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@spooled

From the URG-I thread:

"Put a rod down the bore, mark it and measure it. Also measure the thread length. Also measure the rail length. If the rail is in fact 9.30", a 10.10" barrel with .63" long threads should be flush with the end of the rail."

You said a 9.8" barrel would work. If in fact your barrel is 10.1", I don't see .3" between the rear of the suppressor and front of the rail. Do you own a ruler and calipers?
View Quote
Could be done with a few extra shims, people are already using 10.5 barrels with the federal mk4s and mounting suppressors.

i figured 10.1 would be about the same as ris2 and 10.3, close but not quite. I'm happy with the result though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Making the 14 to 16 swap. The color on the 16 is fantastic, more Coyote like. Should have some completed build pictures later.

I think weights have already been listed but I measured:

Mk14 8.9 oz
Mk16 10.1 oz
Barrel nut 1.6 oz
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Making the 14 to 16 swap. The color on the 16 is fantastic, more Coyote like. Should have some completed build pictures later.

https://i.imgur.com/OvFDEex.jpg

Mk14 8.9 oz
Mk16 10.1 oz
Barrel nut 1.6 oz
View Quote
That's gonna be awesome!!

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I briefly fooled with a 14.5 Mod 2 with a Mk16.

https://i.imgur.com/t3SSG4a.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I briefly fooled with a 14.5 Mod 2 with a Mk16.

https://i.imgur.com/t3SSG4a.jpg
Quoted:

Mk14 8.9 oz
Mk16 10.1 oz
Barrel nut 1.6 oz
Love your builds! How much clearance do you have under the rail around the KAC Mod2 gas system? Do you happen to have any pics showing that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Love your builds! How much clearance do you have under the rail around the KAC Mod2 gas system? Do you happen to have any pics showing that?
View Quote
I’ll try and get a picture and some measurements. It’s not bad at all because most of the height in the gas system is above the barrel due to the straight tube design. Outside of the gas block flange on the front that hangs down a hair the block hugs the barrel pretty close.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#11]
annnnd sploosh. We're going to need to see this without the can and hear some details about the build. Very curious about barrel length here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
That flat and darker DDC MK16 looks awesome with the taupe furniture.

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cheers
View Quote
It really does. I’m hoping Magpul starts making some furniture in their coyote color. I desperately need a MOE+ grip in it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It really does. I’m hoping Magpul starts making some furniture in their coyote color. I desperately need a MOE+ grip in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers
Moe+ is my go to as well and one in coyote would be outstanding.

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#16]
My 9.3" MK16 arrived the other day. I'm very pleased with it and the color. Nice and dark.

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
@Raptor83

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, those pics are great. Looks like there is plenty of room on the bottom side. Any concerns about contacting on the top with the rail or MLok backers during fire?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks, those pics are great. Looks like there is plenty of room on the bottom side. Any concerns about contacting on the top with the rail or MLok backers during fire?
View Quote
I don't think so. The picture makes it look a little tighter up there than it really is but I think it would take some serious deflection to contact the rail. This little short barrel is so stiff I don't see it being a problem.

I moved to the 1.93" micro mounts and my early impression is very good. It's a very natural heads up position. I'm debating making the switch across the board. Not sure what do regarding irons as I'm not a big fan of shooting them and now I can no longer cowitness. Left them off for the time being. Also trying to find the right light position that feels the most natural. It's OK right now but I've got a tape switch and Cloud Defensive mount on the way to try out.

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:54:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't think so. The picture makes it look a little tighter up there than it really is but I think it would take some serious deflection to contact the rail. This little short barrel is so stiff I don't see it being a problem.

I moved to the 1.93" micro mounts and my early impression is very good. It's a very natural heads up position. I'm debating making the switch across the board. Not sure what do regarding irons as I'm not a big fan of shooting them and now I can no longer cowitness. Left them off for the time being. Also trying to find the right light position that feels the most natural. It's OK right now but I've got a tape switch and Cloud Defensive mount on the way to try out.

https://i.imgur.com/iW4D6Ff.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XthStpb.jpg
View Quote
Cob looks great with a 9.3.

Personally for me, I wish the Cloud Defensive mount was a bit lower profile when attached to a 12'o clock pic rail.
I have yet to try this... but depending on the tape switch you have; Magpul has a mlok ST mount I plan to attach to the 1030 section and mount the light on the 130 side.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cob looks great with a 9.3.

Personally for me, I wish the Cloud Defensive mount was a bit lower profile when attached to a 12'o clock pic rail.
I have yet to try this... but depending on the tape switch you have; Magpul has a mlok ST mount I plan to attach to the 1030 section and mount the light on the 130 side.
View Quote
I hope it’s not too tall. I’ll keep an eye out for the Magpul version too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I wish my rail wasn’t as dark, I like the look of the golder mk16s mo betta. None the less, here she is

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I wish my rail wasn’t as dark, I like the look of the golder mk16s mo betta. None the less, here she is

what  yer craaazzzyyy

Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

what  yer craaazzzyyy

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnfitComplexHanumanmonkey-size_restricted.gif
View Quote
??
I like the tano look a bit more, I guess it doesn’t matter since nothing on my build is tano anyways
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#26]
with the concerns about the gas block impacting the rail, would a shaved .625 sight block be significantly smaller than a similarly shaved .75?

anyone have a source for decent 11.5 inch .625 front sight post barrels?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
with the concerns about the gas block impacting the rail, would a shaved .625 sight block be significantly smaller than a similarly shaved .75?

View Quote
Of course. This would be very low profile.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-11-5-Carbine-ENHANCED-LIGHT-WEIGHT-p/bcm-brl-11-elw-std.htm

https://www.spikestactical.com/products/barrel-556-chf-11?variant=32521106124
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Love this thing.

Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Brownells
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Brownells
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brownells
1:12 twist
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

1:12 twist
View Quote
Yea, 1/12 is a deal breaker for me.

Current clubhouse leader is a BCM 11.5 enhanced light weight with an ADCO shaved .625 front sight post. Has anyone put together one like this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:28:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine finally came in!

Anyone else's rollmarks really light on the right side?  The "Geissele" is strong but the "Automatics" isn't very deep:
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Anyone else's rollmarks really light on the right side?  The "Geissele" is strong but the "Automatics" isn't very deep:
View Quote
That’s their semi automatic version.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That’s their semi automatic version.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#36]
this being the picture thread, might as well post this in here also.  Aero cerakote ODG upper.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Where can these be purchased? They're not on Giessele's site.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right now only with complete uppers receiver groups and on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here is one I think is still for sale.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/FS-Geissle-MK16-USASOC-take-off-rail-with-barrel-nut/22-1821186/
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#40]
20190114_144749 by B A, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Is your barrel a little shorter than an URG-I barrel?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is your barrel a little shorter than an URG-I barrel?
View Quote
Yes, 14in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Complete rifles with Mk16s may be coming soon. Possibly DDC and OD anodized receivers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mk14 8.9 oz
Mk16 10.1 oz
Barrel nut 1.6 oz
View Quote
Hurry and post better pictures bruh, not those crap ones you were trying to show off to Raptor. Like of the whole thing bruh.

Edit: Mistook the pictures you posted of the whole thing, as someone elses, as it looked to be a build someone else had that was extremely similar. So ummm.... Nothing to see here move along lol. My Bad Bruh. And yes that thing is bad ass, you get 3rd Page Bragging rights fo sho!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like a ~15" and ~17" MK16 might be on the Geissele complete rifles.

https://geissele.com/rifles/super-duty-rifles.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:51:00 AM EDT
[#47]
went to pick up my upper with mk16 on it from the smith. As i was packing up i noticed that the gasblock was touching the inside of the handguard on the eject side.
Looking down it from end to end it sure looks like the handguard is at a slight angle.
They're going to look at it tomorrow when the armorer is back in, but man I'm bummed. Hope it's just an assembly error.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
went to pick up my upper with mk16 on it from the smith. As i was packing up i noticed that the gasblock was touching the inside of the handguard on the eject side.
Looking down it from end to end it sure looks like the handguard is at a slight angle.
They're going to look at it tomorrow when the armorer is back in, but man I'm bummed. Hope it's just an assembly error.
View Quote
That sucks, man. I hope it works out.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
When I put mine on, even with a scope mount holding the upper receiver in line with the rail, the rail rotated slightly when tightening down the anti rotation set screws so that might be it.  Is this a new upper or were you just replacing the handguard on an existing upper?  Back when I had a DD lightweight barrel and BCM rail on my upper, I noticed the barrel wasn't centered in the rail.  I lapped the upper making the face of the upper that the barrel extension contacts square with the upper and that fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When I put mine on, even with a scope mount holding the upper receiver in line with the rail, the rail rotated slightly when tightening down the anti rotation set screws so that might be it.  Is this a new upper or were you just replacing the handguard on an existing upper?  Back when I had a DD lightweight barrel and BCM rail on my upper, I noticed the barrel wasn't centered in the rail.  I lapped the upper making the face of the upper that the barrel extension contacts square with the upper and that fixed it.
View Quote
This is all new stuff. New BCM upper, new Rosco barrel and new Geissele Mk16.  There didn't appear to be a clocking issue, it was just that the handguard was 'veering' off center.  Maybe just a degree or two, but by the time you got out to the gas block there was maybe just a RCH between it and the handguard.
Still waiting to hear back from them as to the status.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top