Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I did, said he was a week behind...I wonder if it has something to do with being out of round end caps? (He mentioned that on the listing)  I told him I'd wait anyway..still need other parts before I could build it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did anybody else buy one of these. I was offered a full refund a few minutes ago.  

You too?  

Oh well, here's hoping we get our money.

Care to share? Are the barrels not of good quality, or is it the custom work? Both?

Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did anybody else buy one of these. I was offered a full refund a few minutes ago.  

You too?  

Oh well, here's hoping we get our money.

Care to share? Are the barrels not of good quality, or is it the custom work? Both?

Never delivered a barrel. Seller said he's behind?  The auction is still up for these barrels. I was told exactly what is stated in his post here. By the time my $ arrives the barrel would be ready. I sent payment 5 weeks ago today, no contact for 20 days. He said he'd just gotten my $ last week and the barrel would go out last week.

EDIT: i'm cool with the offer of a refund as long as i get it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just sent $ a few days ago, got an email today saying he's a week behind. Did you request a round endcap too
? He said in the auction (if i recall correctly) that he was out of round ones but had triangle end caps ready to go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had a similar experience - but have reached out to him weekly to get status update (about 3 or 4 weeks now).  He has been pretty responsive so I am going to wait for the barrel as I really do want it, hopefully they get caught up and ship first orders first.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just sent $ a few days ago, got an email today saying he's a week behind. Did you request a round endcap too
? He said in the auction (if i recall correctly) that he was out of round ones but had triangle end caps ready to go.

I requested round and hit buy it now on the 14th of march before the ad was changed to triangle, regardless of that he said rounds would be ready by the time $ arrived.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered some time ago and has been keeping in touch with the seller via email.  He said he would be shipping this week so I am waiting.
He is good with communication.  When my barrel gets here I will take pictures for the group.

CaliRN
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I apologize about the wait we have shipped out a lot of these orders and some people are still waiting to get there barrel. If you have not received yours and would like to wait thank you for your patience if your order has not been filled and you do not wish to wait please email me for an immediate refund. We did not expect there to be so much of a demand or I would made more then 30 for the first run. Our barrel supplier dropped the ball or these would all be filled I made more then enough moderators to fill all of the orders twice just a small wait on barrels. Thanks for being patient and if you have any questions feel free to call or email.  After we fill all order I will have about 100 barrels ready to go give or take a few.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
AR15 members will be the first to get there barrels as these threads have made this barrel so popular and I look forward to doing more custom work for forum members.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Are these barrels chrome lined? Dammit, I may have to buy one. Plus one on the round endcap - would want that for most builds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
To anyone interested I received my refund check today. I hope those still waiting get an excellent barrel. I did NOT have to ask for a refund, the seller offered first so I think he's being a stand up dealer in that regard.

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
MO received by Highpower on 4/7 for a round HG cap.  Still want barrel so I guess I must wait.

Pro2nd
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Check us out on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=603004208#!/pages/High-Powered-Armory/297231150331829

We are still waiting on our shipment of barrels I can assure anyone who has purchased one that it will be ready and shipped same day.

If at anytime you would prefer a refund on payments please let me know and I will get it right out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I can be patient. Do you have any idea of a timeframe?  I'm quickly getting the rest of the parts together and setting them out all lined up only treats some of the symptoms of black rifle disease
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#15]
So, just to clarify––has anyone here actually seen one of these barrels yet?
I don't mind waiting for a product, but I would want to know what the quality is before I commit my money.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#16]
The seller said 11 days ago some orders had been filled,but going back 45 days nobody has left him a feedback about one these barrels. Perhaps he sold the first batch outside of gb or just did'nt get feedback on them. IIRC he originally had 20 or 30 listed on gb but thats going back 6 weeks now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The seller said 11 days ago some orders had been filled,but going back 45 days nobody has left him a feedback about one these barrels. Perhaps he sold the first batch outside of gb or just did'nt get feedback on them. IIRC he originally had 20 or 30 listed on gb but thats going back 6 weeks now.

I've been watching the last 30 something feed backs on gun broker and checking them, I was thinking the same thing.

I clicked buy it now on the auction on March 14th, payment sent the 15th and arrived within the beginning of the week after (19th, 20th?).  It's been two weeks since he told me it would 1 1/2 weeks behind.  The emails before 2 weeks ago were just stringing me along until I asked him point blank.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Ben, the day he told you he was a week to week and a half behind is the day he told me a week and a half to two weeks out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm  going to wait it out. It'd put me too far behind to start thinking about the barrel again, and besides people have gotten their refunds who asked so it isn't a scam. I seriously believe the guy was overwhelmed with the amount of orders for such a "niche" thing. I'll just get everything else done than start on the next project while I wait. Hopefully he builds enough that those who cancel have the option to pick one up if the quality is as good as we hope.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I ordered around March 17, check cashed the next week or two.  I emailed him them and he explained that he never expected such a response and was behind.
A few weeks later I emailed him and he told me that he was waiting on barrels from a supplier, and that seemed to be the major hold up at that time.
I have emailed him recently and on April 11th, he responded with "1 1/2 weeks I should be caught up and yours should be out the door I am gonna
have 100 instock after I fill all orders" [b]

He has answered all my emails, offered and paid those who were unable to wait, and I think he honestly is swamped with work and trying the best
he can.  I am awaiting my barrel, as are many here.  I promise to post some pics of it when it arrives.  I really feel that he is a stand up guy who underestimated
the interest in these barrels.

Disclaimer:  I do not know this company or person, have nothing to do with them in any way except as a customer, but am impressed by his rapid
communication.

CaliRN
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got an email from the seller.  He has not yet received confirmation from the barrel manufacturer and offered me
a refund.  I told him I would wait if he was ok with that.  Will keep you all informed.

CaliRN
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I received a call my barrel supplier that my truck load of barrels is going out this week. Hopefully all orders will be shipped this week and I should have about 60 to sell. I will wholesale 30 and 30 will be stricktly for GB sales. I will try to produce more after these are gone but no promises as with the huge spike in demand for barrels it has been hard to buy large quantities.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Barrels are finished and shipping Monday I have 30 more available just need to be parked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#26]
My round HG cap is in there somewhere waiting to be parked
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What he said
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What he said
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Are there any round handguard cap barrels left?  The add on GB says there are no round handguard cap barrels and you will receive triangle cap.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#30]
WHy would you want that barrel with a triangular cap is what I want to know.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
WHy would you want that barrel with a triangular cap is what I want to know.

607 is the only reason i can think of.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#32]
If there is anyone who already received one of these barrels, what are the barrel markings? Upon closer inspection it looks exactly like one I picked up at a fun show lately, moderator and all, the "naval jelly" barrel. Just wondering if I have the same thing. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I see you're in Michigan, the seller is in northeastern Ohio so it might be possible. I'll post pics when I get mine in. How do you like your barrel just in case it is the same?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I have 30 Round cap barrels available but I am not going to offer them for sale till I park them next week I am overwelmed with other orders so I don't want to make customers wait again I have 3 of the triangle caps parked ready to go.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Are the round cap barrels going to be offered on GB?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes the minute they come out of the park tank they will go up for sale. They are in my blasting cabinet as soon as they come out they are going in the park tank.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I see you're in Michigan, the seller is in northeastern Ohio so it might be possible. I'll post pics when I get mine in. How do you like your barrel just in case it is the same?

Haven't shot it yet, so don't know about function and reliability etc. The "moderator' is pretty heavy also, which I'm not a big fan of, it's pretty solid. The balance is weird. I am seriously considering sending it out to someone to have it milled out on the inside to relieve as much weight as possible. I like the naval jelly color and everything, but it might be worth haveing milled and reparked. And considering I only paid $160 for the barrel, I could stand to throw some more $$ into it to get it right.

I was looking at the auction again, and I noticed it says these are Wilson barrels. Mine is BCM, so not the same barrels. But the moderator does look the same, looks like it has a lot of meat to it through the flash slots like mine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#38]
His moderator is apparently a one piece - so the grenade ring & mod are one solid block - if your is not, then it's likely a Brick, but there are some modified Bushmasters' out there as well. That's how 45Bravo got started. This is the one down side to an XM177 build, although I doubt the real thing was all that much lighter due to the internal baffles.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
His moderator is apparently a one piece - so the grenade ring & mod are one solid block - if your is not, then it's likely a Brick, but there are some modified Bushmasters' out there as well. That's how 45Bravo got started. This is the one down side to an XM177 build, although I doubt the real thing was all that much lighter due to the internal baffles.

The mod on my barrel is a one piece, looks exactly like hipowered's mods. Probably a modified Bushy.

I am wondering how hard it would be for someone with a lathe to bore it out to reduce some of the mass.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#40]
So, the mod and GL ring are one piece? If so, it's not a Bushy. Hipowered is the only one I've heard of building them like this. Still can't find my Brick moderator. Have to look again this weekend, but I think I'm going to have to buy a new one.

ETA: If they do that, the taper won't look right at the front if that matters to you. It took a long time for guys to get that whole point right - a matter of pride I'm sure. The first ones I saw were just hollow - come to think of it, the BM slipovers are like that. Just a hollow tube. If the two I bought weren't for .750 barrels I would have kept them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I make these mods from solid stock I also bore these out to save on weight. All of the forum members barrels have been shipped I'm sure the reviews will be great. A good word of advice to the member who purchased the barrel in Michigan shoot it first before you decide to sink any money into it.  I have one round cap Xm Barrel ready to ship someone begged me for 2 days to park it so they could pick up today and never showed first member to email me gets it $310.00 shipped.  [email protected].  I will post pictures of the moderator bored tomorrow I have a few for sale unparked for 45.00
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#42]
My barrel came in! Overall I'm happy with it, but the purists probably wouldn't be. The mod is bored out so it isn't as perfect a replca as Brick's is. On the plus side...it is pretty light. M4 feed ramps, good chrome looking chrome lining...over all a good barrel for the xm177 builder on a budget like me. My only gripe is that the bayonet lug was in tact, but the email I sent requesting it be removed was a few weeks after the order so I'm not really shocked and plan to use it as is...after all I've also got an a2 lower on the thing so it doesn't ruin the historical accuracy. I snapped some quick pics...

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My barrel came in! Overall I'm happy with it, but the purists probably wouldn't be. The mod is bored out so it isn't as perfect a replca as Brick's is. On the plus side...it is pretty light. M4 feed ramps, good chrome looking chrome lining...over all a good barrel for the xm177 builder on a budget like me. My only gripe is that the bayonet lug was in tact, but the email I sent requesting it be removed was a few weeks after the order so I'm not really shocked and plan to use it as is...after all I've also got an a2 lower on the thing so it doesn't ruin the historical accuracy. I snapped some quick pics...

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/Jeebus1983/photos/IMAG0038.jpg
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/Jeebus1983/photos/IMAG0037.jpg
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/Jeebus1983/photos/IMAG0036.jpg

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz283/Jeebus1983/photos/IMAG0035.jpg

Interesting. The mod on my barrel looks very similar, except it is thicker and heavier on the inside. Even if not 'as' correct as the Brick mod, I like the idea of weight reduction with it being bored out like that. Considering doing this to mine.

The barrel markings are identical to mine as well. I was under the impression these are BCM barrels, with chrome chamber, but not chromed bore. Maybe someone can clarify who made these barrels?

I'm interested to see how well mine functions, as well as hearing how these barrels perform. Gonna have to get some range time in soon!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry if we missed the email when payment was received we tagged all of the orders so if there was a change in order it may have slipped threw the cracks. If you would like to send it back I can mill it off for free.  Unless specified we mill the inside of the moderators out because people complain about the balance from the weight we can leave them solid by request. If not as it is pictured is exactly how it will be shipped.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#45]

The best I can find is that the HP mark means it's a BCM barrel.  Does that mean these aren't Wilson barrels?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The best I can find is that the HP mark means it's a BCM barrel.  Does that mean these aren't Wilson barrels?

+1. That's what I found after I picked mine up and tried to figure out the maker. HP MP seems to lead to BCM, and also from what I found, they have chrome chambers, but NOT chrome bores.

HIPOWEREDARMORY, are these BCM barrels, or Wilson barrels?

Do you have any affiliation with Tony's Custom Uppers in Delta? Do you get these barrels from Tony's Custom Uppers? I was told when I bought my barrel from a dealer in MI that they came from Tony's Customs in Delta, Ohio. My barrel assembly really looks like one of yours.

I think there are some dots to connect here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#47]
We purchased our barrels from a different company as our distributor dropped the ball so everyone was upgraded with a better barrel for the same price. We have no affiliation with any companies outside of ours.  Chrome bores are an additional 30 on our regular barrels everyone who ordered got these for free for being patient and waiting this out. Again if anyone is unhappy with there purchase please return for a full refund.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I think the mod looks pretty good..weight reduction is nice especially at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We purchased our barrels from a different company as our distributor dropped the ball so everyone was upgraded with a better barrel for the same price. We have no affiliation with any companies outside of ours.  Chrome bores are an additional 30 on our regular barrels everyone who ordered got these for free for being patient and waiting this out. Again if anyone is unhappy with there purchase please return for a full refund.

This is the way to do business folks. I agree that the mod doesn't look quite as historically accurate from the muzzle end as Brick's but I'm guessing the weight is lighter as mentioned. I want to find out the weight of an original moderator, and still want just the moderator, no grenade ring for my SBR. Was looking at the Bushy moderators last night, but am thinking at this point I will likely stay with Brick's since it's such a nice piece. Can't be much heavier than the read deal as I said. Between the internal baffles and fouling, I'm guessing they were pretty close in weight to Brick's. Anyone know for sure what they weighed?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I agree, highpowerarmory is good with customer service. I'm fully confident any issues I had would be addressed.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top