User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We purchased our barrels from a different company as our distributor dropped the ball so everyone was upgraded with a better barrel for the same price. We have no affiliation with any companies outside of ours.  Chrome bores are an additional 30 on our regular barrels everyone who ordered got these for free for being patient and waiting this out. Again if anyone is unhappy with there purchase please return for a full refund.

Not to throw sand in anyones vasoline but here's the original description on gun broker for these barrels.

I have new wilson 11.5 barrels pinned to 16" featuring M4 feedramps, chrome lined barrel,1/9 twist and pinned & Welded barrel extension bringing it to legal length. 1 bid gets you 1 new barrel. If you need the front bayo lugged removed that is no problem I can mill it and dye it so it looks factory at no additional cost. Barrel is .625 but I can also make these in .750 if you have any questions feel free to email me I have tried to address all of the emails that I have received. Someone purchased our entire stock of barrels with the round forearm ring we have plenty of triangle forearm rings instock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused by the sand comment are you refering to the fact that I used a chrome lined barrel and chrome barrel extension.  Instead of just the chrome lined barrel and upgraded all of the forum memebers for free since 99% of the customers that ordered waiting patiently for there item. Please help me understand this alluding comment BenC
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
When I said Bore I meant to say extension but anyone who has received there barrel already knew this unless you are that guy looking in the window at the store at the red ryder BB gun wishing they could have one.  If you purchased one from us Ben and you were unhappy with it the check would be in the mail the minute you asked for it if you didn't and you are one of those guys that sits and waits for something to be misspelled learn not to stomp on peoples threads. I only joined this forum to let people know they woud get there items not to have to defend an error in wording. Thanks again to everyone who waited for there barrel and I can assure you in the future this will not happen again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We purchased our barrels from a different company as our distributor dropped the ball so everyone was upgraded with a better barrel for the same price. We have no affiliation with any companies outside of ours.  Chrome bores are an additional 30 on our regular barrels everyone who ordered got these for free for being patient and waiting this out. Again if anyone is unhappy with there purchase please return for a full refund.

Not to throw sand in anyones vasoline but here's the original description on gun broker for these barrels.

I have new wilson 11.5 barrels pinned to 16" featuring M4 feedramps, chrome lined barrel,1/9 twist and pinned & Welded barrel extension bringing it to legal length. 1 bid gets you 1 new barrel. If you need the front bayo lugged removed that is no problem I can mill it and dye it so it looks factory at no additional cost. Barrel is .625 but I can also make these in .750 if you have any questions feel free to email me I have tried to address all of the emails that I have received. Someone purchased our entire stock of barrels with the round forearm ring we have plenty of triangle forearm rings instock.

I re read the ad also, seller is putting the best spin on the situation as possible. Obviously he advertised these before he had them in hand. We all got excited because we know how difficult barrels are to get and assumed he had them ready as he stated here.Now 60 days later barrels go out that are not what was in the ad. If I were counting on 1/9 and got 1/7 on any other style barrel it would be going back pronto. Maybe it's wilsons maybe BCM

And yes I got my money back so I have no dog in the fight, but I won't be doing business with highpoweredarmory again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When I said Bore I meant to say extension but anyone who has received there barrel already knew this unless you are that guy looking in the window at the store at the red ryder BB gun wishing they could have one.  If you purchased one from us Ben and you were unhappy with it the check would be in the mail the minute you asked for it if you didn't and you are one of those guys that sits and waits for something to be misspelled learn not to stomp on peoples threads. I only joined this forum to let people know they woud get there items not to have to defend an error in wording. Thanks again to everyone who waited for there barrel and I can assure you in the future this will not happen again.

If you advertise a chrome bore that means one thing and one thing only, and I'm not paying you to learn the difference so you can refund me when you do.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who has questions or needs help please feel free to email us [email protected] or call our shop 330-503-2298. I have served the purpose of joining the forum and all barrels to forum members have been shipped we have over 1200 barrels instock if there is something you are looking for we probably have it instock ready to ship. I will no longer be checking this thread so all of the members who purchased from us thank you.  To those of you who did not feel free to drag the thread threw the dirt.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone who has questions or needs help please feel free to email us [email protected] or call our shop 330-503-2298. I have served the purpose of joining the forum and all barrels to forum members have been shipped we have over 1200 barrels instock if there is something you are looking for we probably have it instock ready to ship. I will no longer be checking this thread so all of the members who purchased from us thank you.  To those of you who did not feel free to drag the thread threw the dirt.

great business model
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
HIPOWERED, BenC was only saying that we should read your item description again, as it has the pertinent info I, and others are asking about. I don't think he was knocking you.

I haven't done any business with you, and I'm not trying to stir the pot, or stoke the fire or whatever. I was simply asking a couple simple questions as my barrel is very similar to your product. Nothing more nothing less, just curious in figuring out what I have.

Baronvonhussong, I understand what you are saying, but HIPOWERED seems like he has been doing the best he can with the situation. Sorry you're unhappy with your dealings. I give HIPOWERED credit for being as upfront as he can with everyone, and posting consistant updates on here, a public forum. I think he's done well considering the unexpected volume of orders. If you've ever worked in any kind of custom product sales, you would know the things don't always go smoothly, and sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you got. Most people are patient and understanding, and will work with you. Some people aren't. Its just the way things go in businesses like this.

I'm still anxious for a range report from someone once they get their barrel strapped up and ready to roll.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it's time for everyone to take a step back and take a deep breath. Let's give this guy a chance guys. It's easy to get a description wrong - I know it seems very clear, but to me the proof is inthe pudding. When members get their barrels let's see what they think. I have to say that the seller's email contact with me has been exemplar. If he follows through, we have a good supplier. If the terms were a little off, it may have been due to human error. If it was calculated, then the truth will come out as it always does. I personally am impressed that he took it this far and has taken the time to talk with us. Let's cut the guy some slack and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Even with the ad worded as it was, he seemed to honor te chrome lining for old orders, just with a more well respected brand of barrels...I'd imagine future listings would include the extra charge. The guy has been good about responding to emails, as well as issuing refunds so I think he's doing all he can. My barrel is installed, despite the bayo lug he offered to mill off (I just am too impatient) and I'm looking forward to shooting the new build as soon as I get a front sight post assy. I like the balance and am actually happier with the bored out mod. It may not be as good a repro as some member's, but it is pretty damn close. If the barell does what it is supposed to then I'm pretty happy with the route I took on this build. A good omen was having the teeth line up right at 40 ft. Lbs so I hope my luck holds.  I'll post pics once its done as an official birth announcement.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Barrel came today.  I thought I would post some pics and get a little feedback.
Here is the barrel

Looked down the bore and found a little left over from the gas port - came out with a pass of the bore snake

and finally where the flash hider is attached.

I will get this mounted up and to the range in the next couple of weeks and post results and pics of my Xm177e2 build.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Can either of you confirm if the "barrel extension" is chrome lined?  I see chrome in the bore, but can't make out any chrome inside the extension.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]

I have had a few requests to address the situation with BENC and his never ending questions about an item he has no intention to purchase so. So as requested by our customers I posted barrel extension pictures.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i400/highpowerd/401610_356291264425817_297231150331829_950297_1505991989_n.jpg
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#14]
NOT chrome lined extension. (At least on the one I just received!)
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Should look just like the picture of the one I posted I pulled that right out of the batch and took a picture.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I mean no disrespect to your work and trying to bring a product to market, I admire it. Earlier I was quoting the information on hand (gun broker and this thread) of the original bill of sale as the product that has arrived is vastly different than one that was originally listed for sale.  This is by no means a knock on you or how you do business, but felt it was something that should be brought up again.  The question about the barrel extension was just that, you had said they were upgraded, and the picture was unclear, so I asked.  Again, not a knock on you, but curiosity to get the full picture of what has transpired through the life of this thread.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I can respect that and I can assure you that in my years of business I have always had good business relationships with our suppliers and they always come throw with all of our orders and in this one instance they dropped the ball on our order and it resulted in a few people waiting. I myself do not like to wait when I pay things and will usually look for someone else who has what I need in this case that is what I had to do is use option B and use my back up supplier.. I can assure you that these barrels were done at cost after I paid the difference instead of telling people next week then next week as that was what was being told to my company.  I would have went backwards on cost to get the orders filled instead of refunding money to those customers that were patient. We decided to keep this barrel a manufacture direct purchase as our retailers would retail these at 375.00 or higher being as these are such a one off at the moment. I did not want others that waited to see the barrels memebers received before they purchased have to pay a higher price because they were uncomfortable sending money without items instock. There will be additional fees on the next batch as far as milling the bayo lug or chrome extensions. We will also be offering just the barrels and moderators seperate. I have mods unpinned for sale and barrels. I am parking 90 of these tomorrow with round HG caps. They will be up for sale as soon as we are caught up with other orders.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NOT chrome lined extension. (At least on the one I just received!)

Just got email from seller with offer to get me one with chrome extension!  Regardless of slipups that have occured, I am impressed with their goal to take care of their customers.
Standup guys!
Mike
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you advertise a chrome bore that means one thing and one thing only, and I'm not paying you to learn the difference so you can refund me when you do.

This is not the kind of dialog I'm accustomed to seeing in the retro forum at all.  Looks more like GD or a bashing thread.

How many shops are doing this service right now?

How many of them have been willing to listen to input and requests from retro forum regulars here?

How many others who are considering it have seen Highpoweredarmory get trashed like this, and are saying, "Screw that.  I'm not going out of my way to provide this niche market with a product, only to have it nickel and dimed to death.  See ya...."

From what I see, the dude has gone out of his way to make a great little XM177E2 barrel assembly that doesn't require NFA, and doesn't look like a 12.x" barrel length with a correct dimension repro moderator on it.  

Remember the headaches people had waiting and waiting for a barrel from 45bravo, not getting emails returned or seeing their barrel for over a year?  And this guy comes along and squares stuff away in large numbers, and takes the time to update us on the forum...and someone trashes him.

Like I said, I haven't seen this type of criticism here of a producer before.  This is ladies and gentleman area, and the only reason I bought a membership to AR15.com to be honest.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2012 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I took him up on the offer of one of the round cap barrels that someone backed out on.  By the way when I sent you my check I forgot to reference the round handguard cap but did reference this post. You should be getting my check in a couple days.  I wanted the lug ground and sling swivel attached that I did include in the note. Just want to make sure I get the round handguard cap.  Thanks Keith K
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Well said LRRPF52!  Highpowered Armory was gracious enough to accept an invitation to join this board and so far has been nothing but a stand-up business issuing refund who didn't want to wait for the order to be filled.  So this is how we treat our new members, more specifically a business that's willing to work with a few of us retro-heads.  

[/quote]

This is not the kind of dialog I'm accustomed to seeing in the retro forum at all.  Looks more like GD or a bashing thread.

How many shops are doing this service right now?

How many of them have been willing to listen to input and requests from retro forum regulars here?

How many others who are considering it have seen Highpoweredarmory get trashed like this, and are saying, "Screw that.  I'm not going out of my way to provide this niche market with a product, only to have it nickel and dimed to death.  See ya...."

From what I see, the dude has gone out of his way to make a great little XM177E2 barrel assembly that doesn't require NFA, and doesn't look like a 12.x" barrel length with a correct dimension repro moderator on it.  

Remember the headaches people had waiting and waiting for a barrel from 45bravo, not getting emails returned or seeing their barrel for over a year?  And this guy comes along and squares stuff away in large numbers, and takes the time to update us on the forum...and someone trashes him.

Like I said, I haven't seen this type of criticism here of a producer before.  This is ladies and gentleman area, and the only reason I bought a membership to AR15.com to be honest.  

[/quote]

Link Posted: 5/17/2012 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#22]
If you would like a timeline of my dealings with the seller please im me I would love to share with any of you.

I have kept that info private to give the seller his due respect, because this thread is not about me.

If you like that level of cs and the product then by all means continue to buy from him, buy lots of stuff from him.

Link Posted: 5/17/2012 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Mike62
You might want to double check you barrel, I just received mine and it's chrome lined. You can touch a bit of cold blue on it to verify.

Cheers

-KIT-
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 3:50:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Rodger that VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I would point out for those that don't normally deal with sourcing parts for anything AR15-related right now, but from a small shop manufacturing perspective, finding barrel extensions, indexing pins, barrel nuts, weld springs, snap rings, BARRELs, handguard caps, FSB's, etc. is kinda like a super market before a storm.

The few people that actually manufacture stuff have mostly gone to 2 or 3 shifts, running their machines around the clock, trying to avoid what happened in Obamageddon 1.0, and all things considered, they're doing a better job, as demand is significantly higher than 2008-2009.  If you look at NICS checks for just the first month of 2012, they are off the charts.  Figure half of ALL rifle sales are AR15/AR10's.  

There were at least 500,000 AR15's manufactured and sold in 2009, up from 327,000 in 2007.  Who knows what the numbers are of you counted lowers/builds, FTF transactions, 80%'s...

Now imagine dozens of assembler/manufacturers trying to source more than that number this year, Obamageddon 2.0

A small shop trying to scrape and grab at the margins is in a very difficult position in this type of business environment is in a precarious position.  

Compound that with trying to source components that aren't standard anymore, and you're in for some long days and nights.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my barrel today from batch shipped out on Monday.  I'd put some pics up, but looks like Mike62 already posted some pics of the barrel.  Barrel marked HP 1x7 MP 5.56 Nato just like my BCM 14.5" gov't profile barrel.  Also like the BCM 14.5" barrel, this one is chrome bore and chrome lined.  Overall, barrel pretty much as I expected for $310 shipped.  Although it takes longer and more costly, the Brick set up makes my heart beats faster every time.  

Pro2nd
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Got my barrel yesterday.  Looks like everyone elses pictures.  Waiting for a range day to test it out, but it looks
very nice.

CaliRN
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here is a pic of my xm177e2 barrel that the late Kurt Wala did for me back in 2007....Kurts moderator was one piece including grenade ring....He used a J&T 11.5 lightweight barrel...pinned and welded it came out to just a hair over 16".....while it is not 100% correct looking,  I'm ok with it.....
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/chippy26/Picture035.jpg

Where can I get a moderator similar to this one? I want one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I will be likely picking one of these up this week.  High Powered Armory has pretty short answers in emails, but has been very prompt in responses.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I ordered one of their XM-177 flash hiders today. Be advised there is an extra $10 charge for parkerizing. They charge $55 delivered for one in bare metal.
There was a small snafu on the price billed so I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Clint
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like he has more of the round handguard cap barrels finished and up on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#33]
They leave something to be desired on the communication end. I ordered a flash hider on the 21st and haven't heard anything,no confirmation of the order,no replies to two emails,nadda.
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#34]
If anyone needs assistance please email us at [email protected] our other email got attacked with spam and we have been unable to access it. We will be listing the XM Moderators that have been bored out in about a week.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Just esnt you an email with a question about the round handguard cap barrels on gunbroker, I'll just repeat it here-

From the description, I take it they have a 0.625" front sight base but a slight step up at the handguard cap to 0.750"?  And the flash hiders are the "bored out" model?

Thanks!

Sven
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#36]
We make them a few different ways. .625 under sight and .649 under the HGs and we also make these with a .750 heavy barrel for those who are putting these on a registered lower. It's not the best idea to run a light weight barrel F/A.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We make them a few different ways. .625 under sight and .649 under the HGs and we also make these with a .750 heavy barrel for those who are putting these on a registered lower. It's not the best idea to run a light weight barrel F/A.

So the ones on gunbroker are 0.750" barrels?

Do you have any 0.625" barrels in the works?
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got my barrel today from batch shipped out on Monday.  I'd put some pics up, but looks like Mike62 already posted some pics of the barrel.  Barrel marked HP 1x7 MP 5.56 Nato just like my BCM 14.5" gov't profile barrel.  Also like the BCM 14.5" barrel, this one is chrome bore and chrome lined.  Overall, barrel pretty much as I expected for $310 shipped.  Although it takes longer and more costly, the Brick set up makes my heart beats faster every time.  

Pro2nd

So they are 1:7? I just emailedd him - thinking about getting one w/o the moderator, but chrome-lined, then smoothing the FSB, chopping the bayo lug, then sending it to ADCO for a chop to 10"  and repark for my XM177E1 build. Just picked up a Brick's moderator off the EE. Haven't had time to get my trust done yet, so no Form 1's out yet, but I'm going to my FFL to pick up my receivers finally tommorrow. Going to try and go shooting Saturday, we'll see how much energy I have left. Put in my skylight today and worked on the sink. Hopefully will finish it tomm. but have a million other things to do. Right now I'm tired, dirty and drinking a beer. It's amazing how long it takes to get this shit done.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I can shorten the barrel for you and thread for an additional $40.00. I have Round cap .625 and triangle .625 instock. I also have the .750 heavy barrels for F/A instock.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#40]
XM177 Style Moderators bored out on the inside are parked and ready to ship.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Brick Moderators bored out on the inside are parked and ready to ship.

Can you explain this a little more? You mean they are lightened? I might be up for this. Just bougth a Brick's moderator - wondering how these are different? LMK - thanks.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't remember selling any moderators to you.

Brick
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't remember selling any moderators to you.

Brick

Interesting!!!!
That's strike 2 against hipower in my eyes due to another incident a couple of years ago involving one of our WELL respected Friends and Brother.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Bricks mods are so nice, all other repros are compared to it. "Is it like a Brick?"

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Escuse the wording these are not brick moderators I responded to a question and put brick in my update by accident.  XM177 Style Moderators is what I mean to put.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#46]
m1sniper can you clear up this issue from 2 years ago being as our shop opened last year.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Escuse the wording these are not brick moderators I responded to a question and put brick in my update by accident.  XM177 Style Moderators is what I mean to put.

Then that's what you should have said. Our litttle retro FAMILY is well educated and anal meticulous and are NOT easily fooled.

Link Posted: 6/9/2012 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#49]
These are the moderators that we have made for our retro barrels we started out just like others have reproduced except changed them to be a direct add on and bored the inside out so it gives you the look of the XM without the added weight of it. It's funny how these barrels have brought so much joy and filled a void for people looking for these items but they have also brought a lot of hate. If something is mis worded or incorrect a simply email would  to clear up any questions instead of giving us the strike system next time I will get the you better fix your listing  1,,,,,2,,,, ya get the idea lets be adults.  We simply provide products for people who want and need them and seem to have made people who cannot produce these very angry not sure why. This is our first year in business and we decided to make custom items instead of being like everyone else and buying a product that you can log on to the net and search threw 100 of the same till you find one that is a penny cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#50]
m1sniper you could have simply brought this to my attention it was very simple but instead you made a big deal and then said this is the second time we have done something like this and never cleared that up would you care to or should we just leave it alone.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top