Page / 16
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Black in stock at Wilson combat $129.99
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the FDE SBA3 installed today.  Love the brace so far.

https://i.imgur.com/WdwMFNj.jpg
View Quote
Nice.  Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Black in stock at Wilson combat $129.99
View Quote
That shows at not available until the 31st.

Anywhere else?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I emailed them and asked about it here is the response:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312096/6955A29C-F496-4668-88A4-46D97784E413-475442.JPG
View Quote
They aren’t going to ask because they don’t want to take a chance on it being rejected.  Their position is that if there are letters that A is legal, B is legal, and C is legal, then the combination of A+B+C is legal and leave it at that until someone challenges it.

As a note, in the 2004 letter referenced, the ATF does state that using a normal carbine or rifle tube on a pistol is legal.  That letter also clearly states that having an unused stock in your possession that can fit on the buffer tube could constitute possession of a SBR, but as far as SB is concerned that doesn’t affect the legality of their product because they don’t control what else the buyer has.  That’s entirely on you the end user.

https://johnpierceesq.com/which-buffer-tubes-can-i-use-on-my-ar-pistol/

The SBPDW is different in that it only uses a carbine LENGTH tube.  It’s still a proprietary tube that has the castle nut permanently attached halfway along its length, plus it lacks the track and pin holes on the bottom.  A carbine stock won’t work on it’s tube.

The SBA3 is a cool design, and probably pushing the limits of what’s a brace, especially with the short strap.  But, it’s legal until someone says it isn’t.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Finally!  Ordered end of January, got it today. That’s damn near what NFA wait times used to be!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
So I got a crazy idea...

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]
IN STOCK AT GUNBROKER

Just got two for me:
Link left cold because I am lazy.

Black: 11 left at $112.15 +Shipping
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/769977431

FDE: 16 left at $112.15 +Shipping
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769951024

Sold out
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine came in today... now I just need the rest of the pistol

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine came in today... now I just need the rest of the pistol

https://i.imgur.com/9crd94m.jpg
View Quote
Is that the buffer tube it came with?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
No it came with a standard black buffer tube. I'm doing an FDE pistol build with it so I swapped the buffer tube out as soon as I opened to to confirm it fits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I got a crazy idea...

https://i.imgur.com/qBcv0t3.jpg
View Quote
That's pretty awesome, but needs to be a folder, IMHO
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had a folder on it. Just trying this on for size right now.
The folding adapter would push it over the 13.5"  LOP requirement.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Needs to be a folder AND a takedown model

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got the email from optics planet that my Black, SBA3 has shipped, ordered on April 5th.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just got the email from optics planet that my Black, SBA3 has shipped, ordered on April 5th.
View Quote
My April 5 order shipped too finally
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine has shipped as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My April 5 order shipped too finally
View Quote
Got the email at about 5:00 that my April 6 order is also shipping.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]
https://ballisticdeals.com/sb-tactical-ar-pistol-brace-adjustable-black/?utm_source=instocknotify&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instocknotify
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Just called to check on my April 6th order. Looks like I just missed the cut for the recent batch that they received and shipped. I’m order 36 of 2,000 more backordered. The guy Alex from OP tells me that they aren’t expecting to get the next shipment in until June 10th, at which point they’ll ship mine.

It’s really frustrating to have to wait over 2 months for this, especially when they continually give inaccurate info on when they’re available. Unfortunately, I can’t say I’m surprised with the reputation Optics Planet has earned over the years.

Looks like I got OP’d!
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Optics Planet may have its problems, but they do make up for it sometimes. They just sold me a Vortex StrikeFire II for $140 literally because I asked. It had nothing to do with the brace, Customer Service wasn't trying to straighten things out for me or fix a problem or anything. They had no obligation. Not an excuse for TAT's and shipping waits but they're always worth at least a price check.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered mine from Brownells, last month, but haven't had any updates, since then.
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just called to check on my April 6th order. Looks like I just missed the cut for the recent batch that they received and shipped. I’m order 36 of 2,000 more backordered. The guy Alex from OP tells me that they aren’t expecting to get the next shipment in until June 10th, at which point they’ll ship mine.

It’s really frustrating to have to wait over 2 months for this, especially when they continually give inaccurate info on when they’re available. Unfortunately, I can’t say I’m surprised with the reputation Optics Planet has earned over the years.

Looks like I got OP’d!
View Quote
Well fuck.  6 April order here also with no shipment email yet.  Guess I'm waiting with ya.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well fuck.  6 April order here also with no shipment email yet.  Guess I'm waiting with ya.  This sucks.
View Quote
Me too on my April 6 order

Glad I bought a couple from Joebob and my credit card price rewind got approved $105.91 each
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#25]
PSA shows the brace with a lower parts kit in stock. $180

HERE
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
PSA shows the brace with a lower parts kit in stock. $180

HERE
View Quote
Also Here (FDE - No LPK):  
http://palmettostatearmory.com/sb-tactical-adjustable-4-position-arm-brace-fde-sba3-02-sb.html

I just ordered one of each of the above = THANKS to the headsup.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 1:09:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#28]
OP's free shipping is Fedex smartpost which is total crap. I was starting to get worried it was lost since the tracking hasn't updated in 4 days but it finally did this morning. My package apparently sat at a fedex facility in Wisconsin for 4 days before it left again
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OP's free shipping is Fedex smartpost which is total crap. I was starting to get worried it was lost since the tracking hasn't updated in 4 days but it finally did this morning. My package apparently sat at a fedex facility in Wisconsin for 4 days before it left again
View Quote
My brace that shipped on 5/4 is FINALLY out for delivery today.  Oddly enough I have a second OP order that shipped 5/10 and it's also out for delivery today
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My brace that shipped on 5/4 is FINALLY out for delivery today.  Oddly enough I have a second OP order that shipped 5/10 and it's also out for delivery today
View Quote
Different brace (I can't imagine giving SB my business with how they're hanging customers out to dry on the legality issue), but I ordered the Strongarm from Optics Planet on Saturday, grudgingly since their order fulfillment and shipping always leans toward frustrating, but no one else showed it as available.

At the time of adding it to my cart, the product page said 2-9 days until it ships.  I checked again Monday morning and the estimate had changed to 15-24 days...  But, I got the shipping notice that night, and checking UPS tracking this morning, it does appear to be on the way.  Moral of the story:  making sense of OP's shipping department is pure futility.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
(I can't imagine giving SB my business with how they're hanging customers out to dry on the legality issue)
View Quote
I haven't logged in for perhaps years...

This is utter nonsense. SB Tactical is not "hanging customers out to dry." They have stated solid reasons why they believe that they do not need to get another letter from BATFE. I own an SBA3 and I will happily purchase more. Anyone who is very concerned about there being no letter can write to the agency, not buy the product, or buy it.

I'm not worried about people "ruining (something) for everyone else." Government isn't mommy. I roll the dice and take my chances. Where government infringes, blame is on government alone. We aren't children.

BTW, the SBA3 is awesome. This is a product I've been waiting for.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I haven't logged in for perhaps years...

This is utter nonsense. SB Tactical is not "hanging customers out to dry." They have stated solid reasons why they believe that they do not need to get another letter from BATFE. I own an SBA3 and I will happily purchase more. Anyone who is very concerned about there being no letter can write to the agency, not buy the product, or buy it.

I'm not worried about people "ruining (something) for everyone else." Government isn't mommy. I roll the dice and take my chances. Where government infringes, blame is on government alone. We aren't children.

BTW, the SBA3 is awesome. This is a product I've been waiting for.
View Quote
QFT

So dumb how gun owners think an OPINION LETTER is some magic stamp of approval.

When you go to Walmart and buy a DVD, do you ask them for an FBI opinion letter that states the movie is a verified licensed copy and has not been pirated, before you watch it?  lmao
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is utter nonsense. SB Tactical is not "hanging customers out to dry." They have stated solid reasons why they believe that they do not need to get another letter from BATFE.
View Quote
It's your neck, not mine.  :)  As long as you can sleep comfortably on those solid reasons...

Look at it another way:  SB should be offering an unconditional money back guarantee in the event that the SBA3 is deemed a stock, since they're so sure of it being a brace based on combing previously accepted components.  They probably won't do that, so I don't trust that they really believe their reasons are that solid.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's your neck, not mine.  :)  As long as you can sleep comfortably on those solid reasons...

Look at it another way:  SB should be offering an unconditional money back guarantee in the event that the SBA3 is deemed a stock, since they're so sure of it being a brace based on combing previously accepted components.  They probably won't do that, so I don't trust that they really believe their reasons are that solid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is utter nonsense. SB Tactical is not "hanging customers out to dry." They have stated solid reasons why they believe that they do not need to get another letter from BATFE.

Can you think of any product, of any sort, anywhere, at all, that offers a money back guarantee in the event that a bureaucrat in the future decides it's illegal?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like I got OP’d!
Strangely enough, just got my tracking today. Should be on the way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Can you think of any product, of any sort, anywhere, at all, that offers a money back guarantee in the event that a bureaucrat in the future decides it's illegal?
View Quote
How many of them are skirting very obvious legal issues?  We all know it's borderline now, not just in the future.  Wishful thinking is clouding many people's judgement.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How many of them are skirting very obvious legal issues?  We all know it's borderline now, not just in the future.  Wishful thinking is clouding many people's judgement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then don't buy one. I'm perfectly content having one on my pistol. It's almost like some of you guys want the thing to be illegal, but it's not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Strangely enough, just got my tracking today. Should be on the way.
View Quote
Yup, just got mine also.  Finally.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Then don't buy one. I'm perfectly content having one on my pistol. It's almost like some of you guys want the thing to be illegal, but it's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like all braces, the people fighting against them probably have a lot of money tied up in SBR stamps ...

Got my sba3 today finally too! Who knows when I'll have time to install it though
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Right, it's my neck, not yours. That was part of my point. It's not SB Tactical's responsibility to get a letter. I decide. I take any risk. You decide. You take any risk. I am perfectly happy with my choices. I'll buy more SBA3 braces as I need them and won't have a moment of concern about it.

SB Tactical shouldn't feel the slightest bit obligated to offer an unconditional money back guarantee. They stated their reasoning. If someone purchased a brace and that brace was then determined by BATFE to be a shoulder stock, IMHO that person could reasonably bring suit against SB Tactical because the company claimed ATF compliant*. That is a risk that SB Tactical is taking. Personally, I wouldn't blame SB Tactical; no lawsuit from me.

(*Edited: changed "approved" to "compliant")
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just like all braces, the people fighting against them probably have a lot of money tied up in SBR stamps ...
View Quote
I can't speak for anyone else, but it's a swing and a miss on me.  It's ironic you mention that, though, as it seems pretty obvious from where I stand that the long waiting lists and willingness to take a huge risk for the SBA3 are evidence of how desperate the masses are for non-tax stamp SBRs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:03:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's ironic you mention that, though, as it seems pretty obvious from where I stand that the long waiting lists and willingness to take a huge risk for the SBA3 are evidence of how desperate the masses are for non-tax stamp SBRs.
View Quote
Except for the "huge risk" part, I agree.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#43]
My April 6th just shipped. I wasnt ready to buy all the rest of my gun parts yet . Oh well for $97 shipped I'm happy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Just built 300blk

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks good.  now get it dirty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My April 6th just shipped. I wasnt ready to buy all the rest of my gun parts yet . Oh well for $97 shipped I'm happy.
View Quote
Same for me, got shipping notice this AM from Optics Planet for the 2 SBA3 I ordered on Apr 6th.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Same here, got shipping notice from OP this AM...  Don't think they upgraded shipping or anything, but at least it's being sent!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Just got my tracking # for April 9 purchase
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Tracking # for April 6th order form OP.  Late but faster than they had been saying it was going to be so there is that.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol. Better not exceed the speed limit, or any other law. It's not like they are going to kick your door in. There are thousands of unregestered sbr's out there. Many because people don't realize they are breaking an asinine law, and others who don't give a shit. How many of those people are arrested much less convicted? Hillary set a new standard for intent.
If you like and want the product, buy it. If it scares you, don't buy it. Lecturing the manufacturer on what they should do is silly. You pay your money, you take your chances.
Page / 16
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top