User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 16
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol. Better not exceed the speed limit, or any other law. It's not like they are going to kick your door in. There are thousands of unregestered sbr's out there. Many because people don't realize they are breaking an asinine law, and others who don't give a shit. How many of those people are arrested much less convicted?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol. Better not exceed the speed limit, or any other law. It's not like they are going to kick your door in. There are thousands of unregestered sbr's out there. Many because people don't realize they are breaking an asinine law, and others who don't give a shit. How many of those people are arrested much less convicted?
There's no grey area to speak of with speed limits.  You take your chances, knowing whether or not you're in the wrong.  That isn't the case here.

If there are thousands of un-registered SBRs with no consequences, then following that line of logic, just put a stock on your AR pistol and save money vs the SBA3.

If you like and want the product, buy it. If it scares you, don't buy it. Lecturing the manufacturer on what they should do is silly. You pay your money, you take your chances.
Buying or not buying, and telling the manufacturer what you think, are essentially the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
There is grey areas with exceeding the speed limit. One officer is writing at 5 over, another at10, etc.
Regarding the sbr issue, my point is, the atf is not out trolling every gun range looking for people to arrest. I am good with the current crop of braces, and will stick with the intent of having a pistol, it would be easy for atf to prove I intended to violate nfa rules if I added a stock.
I don't need a letter from the manufacturer to put a brace on my pistol. There is no legal requirement to have one, like a tax stamp.  Sb tactical has a good idea what should be good to go based on past experience with the atf.
Braces are pretty much like bump stocks, or even semi auto. Both could be iillegal tomorrow.  Should I be able to get a refund from the maker of a semi auto or bump stock manufacturer because of actions taken by legislators?
Every brace could be illegal to shoulder tomorrow,  and I dont expect to get my money back if it happens. It would be silly to expect otherwise. Pay the money and take your chances, or not.
Bottom line is, we shouldn't even be having this conversation if politicians actually followed the constitution.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There is grey areas with exceeding the speed limit. One officer is writing at 5 over, another at10, etc.
Regarding the sbr issue, my point is, the atf is not out trolling every gun range looking for people to arrest. I am good with the current crop of braces, and will stick with the intent of having a pistol, it would be easy for atf to prove I intended to violate nfa rules if I added a stock.
I don't need a letter from the manufacturer to put a brace on my pistol. There is no legal requirement to have one, like a tax stamp.  Sb tactical has a good idea what should be good to go based on past experience with the atf.
Braces are pretty much like bump stocks, or even semi auto. Both could be iillegal tomorrow.  Should I be able to get a refund from the maker of a semi auto or bump stock manufacturer because of actions taken by legislators?
Every brace could be illegal to shoulder tomorrow,  and I dont expect to get my money back if it happens. It would be silly to expect otherwise. Pay the money and take your chances, or not.
Bottom line is, we shouldn't even be having this conversation if politicians actually followed the constitution.
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I got tired of waiting, and OP was estimating early June, so I ordered one from SB and figured I'd cancel one after the other shipped. Well they shipped the same day and now I have two on the way.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's still knowingly being in the wrong and banking on light enforcement.

Every brace could be illegal to shoulder tomorrow,  and I dont expect to get my money back if it happens. It would be silly to expect otherwise.
You really don't see the difference between playing by the rules of today, and ignoring the rules while hoping they don't apply?  Other brace manufacturers fit into the first category.  I'm only "challenging" SB Tactical to stand behind their product with a money-back guarantee because they fit solidly in the second category.  They're expecting their customers to take all the risk.  If they had a letter, I'd of bought one out of curiosity.  As it stands, there's no way they're getting my money, so it doesn't apply to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is no grey area with exceeding the speed limit.  You are violating the law, period.  The only issue is at what point an individual officer decides to give a ticket.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the buffer tube on these things a 5 or 6 position tube?  Will a 6 position work 'cause I may have a spare sitting around here someplace.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is the buffer tube on these things a 5 or 6 position tube?  Will a 6 position work 'cause I may have a spare sitting around here someplace.
View Quote
They come with a 6 position tube.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
A buffer tube is included with it but it should work with any milspec diameter tube
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanx  ^
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I know that the SBA3 works with any mil-spec buffer tube, but is anyone actually using their brace on a buffer tube that was not provided by SB?
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know that the SBA3 works with any mil-spec buffer tube, but is anyone actually using their brace on a buffer tube that was not provided by SB?
View Quote
Yes, mine is on a PWS enhanced buffer tube.  Works perfectly.

My next AR pistol in 7.62x39 will have the same setup as both run PWS uppers.

The brace will limit any tube to a 12.5 lop.  IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol. Better not exceed the speed limit, or any other law. It's not like they are going to kick your door in. There are thousands of unregestered sbr's out there. Many because people don't realize they are breaking an asinine law, and others who don't give a shit. How many of those people are arrested much less convicted? Hillary set a new standard for intent.
If you like and want the product, buy it. If it scares you, don't buy it. Lecturing the manufacturer on what they should do is silly. You pay your money, you take your chances.
View Quote
Well worded sir.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I finally got mine today. I'm actually quite impressed with it, it's much more solid feeling than I expected.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the notice today, that Brownells had shipped my FDE SBA3.
One more piece for my build.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]
If they rule it a stock I'll put a 16 inch upper on that lower and call it a day... until then...
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Got an email yesterday from Optics Planet that my 04/11 order for a FDE SBA3 shipped.  Tracking hasn't gone live yet but it looks like mine is finally inbound.  My SBR was getting lonely, now it will have a friend
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered a black one back in April from optic planet.  It arrived last week.  It seems pretty quality.   It does not come with a back plate or castle nut though.  I found a spikes tactical crusader lower at a lgs.
I also ordered a 10.3" stripped , fsb style upper, with the crane spec .70 gas port barrel from Andro Corp.  It's a ballistic advantage barrel.  Gonna stick a magpul sl handguard on it,  till i save up for a geisselle rail.  Can't wait to shoot this one.  It'll be my first pistol.

I had bought a pistol upper from a member here tat got stolen off my front porch on the beginning of April,  so that sucked and set me way back... insurance still has not decided to pay yet.. get a signature confirmation..
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Put one of mine SBA3 on the PSA Colt AR9 this weekend. Definitely worth the wait put a few mags through it and like it a lot. Now I’ll m glad I ended up with 2 of them so have to decide what other pistol it will go on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered an FDE SBA3 from Joe Bob’s, and a 10.5” upper with the 12” slant cut M-Lok rail and fluted flash can from PSA today before I came into work. So, I’ll throw those on a stripped lower I had laying around when they arrive, and a Primary Arms 2.5x and see how she runs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Put one of mine SBA3 on the PSA Colt AR9 this weekend. Definitely worth the wait put a few mags through it and like it a lot. Now I’ll m glad I ended up with 2 of them so have to decide what other pistol it will go on.
View Quote
Damn.  Now that it has shipped I want it yesterday.  They just bumped my ETA delivery date back 2 days.  That's what I get for living in this outpost.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone got an extra SBA3 that you are not using or need? I will be glad to get it off your hand, and the color is not matter. Please send me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone got an extra SBA3 that you are not using or need? I will be glad to get it off your hand, and the color is not matter. Please send me a PM.
View Quote
I have one, but it'll cost you $250
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, i didn't think that would go well.  Maybe he wants a $125 Glock mag as well.

I have patience and think these will be $99 in a few weeks to a month or so.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just found one here , Thanks for the offer anyways.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I've got an extra FDE SBA3, if someone is looking for one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there some easy secret way to remove the brace from the tube so I can use a 6 pos tube or do I have to drive one of those pins out?  I am sure it is obvious but I have not figured it out yet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is there some easy secret way to remove the brace from the tube so I can use a 6 pos tube or do I have to drive one of those pins out?  I am sure it is obvious but I have not figured it out yet.
View Quote
It works like any other carbine stock.  You have to pull the latch down far enough that the latch pin clears the end of the pin track under the tube.  It’s a bit tight when new.

BTW, it already come with a standard 6 position carbine tube.  The latch pin is in a different place on the brace, which is what prevents the brace from using all 6 positions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pull straight down on the lever while grasping in the roll pin area. Pretty much the same procedure as any other device that mounts on a carbine buffer tube.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It works like any other carbine stock.  You have to pull the latch down far enough that the latch pin clears the end of the pin track under the tube.  It’s a bit tight when new.

BTW, it already come with a standard 6 position carbine tube.  The latch pin is in a different place on the brace, which is what prevents the brace from using all 6 positions.
View Quote
So does this mean it could be used on an A5 RE and not be able to be locked at the point of being 13.5" LOP. I keep wondering about this as I have a Sig Arm Brace I want to replace and I would like to get my short 5.56 on an AR
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#31]
$109 at Grabagun... Get the email... 2 left in stock, place order, gone...

Story of my life for the past few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Got it.  Thanks guys.  ^ ^

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So does this mean it could be used on an A5 RE and not be able to be locked at the point of being 13.5" LOP. I keep wondering about this as I have a Sig Arm Brace I want to replace and I would like to get my short 5.56 on an AR
View Quote
No idea what an A5 RE is.  The SBA3 comes with an absolutely standard carbine buffer tube.  You can take the brace off and put it on any AR with a standard carbine buffer tube and it will work exactly the same way as it does with the tube that it comes with in the box.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No idea what an A5 RE is.  The SBA3 comes with an absolutely standard carbine buffer tube.  You can take the brace off and put it on any AR with a standard carbine buffer tube and it will work exactly the same way as it does with the tube that it comes with in the box.
View Quote
It is the VLTOR A5 receiver extension. It is a little bit longer than a standard receiver extension. It is about an inch longer.

So here is a follow on question, what is the maximum length of pull on the included receiver extension?
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Got one on the way.

Now to search for a 10.5" upper....
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Spoke with OP CS, stated 300ish per order, next order expected early June with 275 orders in front of me  (I ordered 4/11).
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#37]
For anyone else who may be curious as I am, yes it will work with a VLTOR A5 RE, the total LOP looks to be at around 13" max and about 10.5" minimum, it will not use the shortest hole from what I was told either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like they are out of stock everywhere again
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Woohoo snapped one up on another site EE for a good deal to boot!
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ordered two last night from Prepper gun shop online, one black and one FDE. Shipped this morning and will be delivered by friday. $139.99 ea, $10 to ship. They are still in stock on their website.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I ordered two last night from Prepper gun shop online, one black and one FDE. Shipped this morning and will be delivered by friday. $139.99 ea, $10 to ship. They are still in stock on their website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, I didn't check with them because their price is high and had a bad experience with my last order with them. Not their fault, it was FedEx apparently,  but still left a bad taste with me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Just an email from PSA, they have them in stock.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#43]
PSA sold out.

Prepper had 7 in stock a few hours ago.  They are down to 4 as of now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
PSA sold out.

Prepper had 7 in stock a few hours ago.  They are down to 4 as of now.
View Quote
I figured as much.  I snagged 2 from PSA for $10 a piece cheaper than Prepper.  Not like it matters but every little bit helps.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Here is mine, got a hook up from another cool ARFCOM member.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Got mine yesterday in FDE from Optics Planet, ordered 04/11.  I must say, I like a lot.  It is everything my SBR is for cheaper and w/o the 9+ months I waited for it back in 2012/2013.  I like having both, but if this had come out before I sent off for that stamp I would have never done so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I just scored a black one for $100 shipped, looking forward to try this out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just scored a black one for $100 shipped, looking forward to try this out.
View Quote
Damn dude, you stole it!
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Now Prepper is out of stock.  These things are going faster than a pizza in front of Rosie O' Donnell.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#50]
My order from OP on 4/14 is on its way and got it for $88 after all was said and done...a few emails about how it got delayed multiple times got the job done
Page / 16
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top