User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 16
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My order from OP on 4/14 is on its way and got it for $88 after all was said and done...a few emails about how it got delayed multiple times got the job done
View Quote
Black or FDE?

My 4/11 Black order still hasnt shipped!
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
FDE
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys, all your sba3 are belong to me now.

One black, one FDE

Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came in few days ago from DSG, I got the FDE but it looks like it's gonna be sitting in the box until I can get someone to help me put it on, I didn't know it wouldn't fit in a standard pistol lower buffer that I ordered from areo and I don't have a castle nut wrench or anything I don't build I buy all my stuff complete and only do easy accesory changes that take simple tools like punch or Allen heads lol I would be happy to pay someone to put it on or I'm sure I could do it myself if I had the stuff in the Pikeville ky area.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, crap.
Got the, “back in stock” notification from DSG Arms and I’m weak. Got a black SBA3 en route.  These will ultimately replace all my Shockwave Blade braces. Oh, by the way... where are those Blade 2.0’s?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Black in stock at Joe Bob Outfitters
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh, by the way... where are those Blade 2.0’s?
View Quote
They probably went back to the drawing board after they saw the SBA3 and realized they'd never sell any with a proprietary receiver extension
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They probably went back to the drawing board after they saw the SBA3 and realized they'd never sell any with a proprietary receiver extension
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks. Cancelled my order with other questionable vendor who hadn't shipped yet and snagged one from JoeBobs. Had a tracking number within 45 minutes, can't beat that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks. Cancelled my order with other questionable vendor who hadn't shipped yet and snagged one from JoeBobs. Had a tracking number within 45 minutes, can't beat that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your welcome, Joe Bob's gtg for sure. First responders get 5% off too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
My in-laws live in Pikeville, KY. If I’m in town, I can bring my tools to help you out. It’s super easy with the Magpul tool.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a good deal on a CMMG Banshee 300 with the gen2 tailhook, but I decided I'd probably like this better.

QUESTION:
Since the new tailhook has a proprietary buffer tube, what all will I need to mount the SB3A??
1) Carbine Buffer tube.
2) H2 buffer.
3) Buffer Spring
4) Castle-nut
5)  ? ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got a good deal on a CMMG Banshee 300 with the gen2 tailhook, but I decided I'd probably like this better.

QUESTION:
Since the new tailhook has a proprietary buffer tube, what all will I need to mount the SB3A??
1) Carbine Buffer tube.
2) H2 buffer.
3) Buffer Spring
4) Castle-nut
5)  ? ?
View Quote
Buffer, spring, end plate, and castle nut.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

QUESTION:
1) Carbine Buffer tube.
2) H2 buffer.
3) Buffer Spring
4) Castle-nut
5)  ? ?
View Quote
Buffer tube comes with the sba3, so end plate and castle nut.  buffer and spring if the tailhook uses a proprietary one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
That would be great would you PM me if you ever come this way. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mine came in few days ago from DSG, I got the FDE but it looks like it's gonna be sitting in the box until I can get someone to help me put it on, I didn't know it wouldn't fit in a standard pistol lower buffer that I ordered from areo and I don't have a castle nut wrench or anything I don't build I buy all my stuff complete and only do easy accesory changes that take simple tools like punch or Allen heads lol I would be happy to pay someone to put it on or I'm sure I could do it myself if I had the stuff in the Pikeville ky area.
View Quote
You know for just a few bucks, you can go on Ebay and get a wrench, vise blocks and more.
Handy to have if you own an AR even if you don't build.

*eta I guess Ebay links no worky.

Look up Ebay item number 222893930866

It is a kit with two wrenches and vise blocks for $23.89
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got the notice today, that Brownells had shipped my FDE SBA3.
One more piece for my build.
View Quote
I ordered my SBA3 on 04/23/18 and it shipped on 05/20/18. The last tracking update from USPS was on 05/24.
It seems the Post Office has lost my brace and have no clue where it went.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I ordered my SBA3 on 04/23/18 and it shipped on 05/20/18. The last tracking update from USPS was on 05/24.
View Quote
That sucks, I hate when the USPS tracking goes radio silent. Hopefully they are just sitting in a hub somewhere.  I've had that happen a few times, eventually the orders did show up though.

I just ordered two from PSA this past Thursday.  Just got the UPS notification that they will be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Priority or Smartpost?  If Priority, I would be worried.  If Smartpost, you've still got another week or two lol.  I'm currently waiting on an SBA3 that was shipped Smartpost, it's been on its way for over a week already and has been doing nothing but sitting in a city that's only 1 hour away for the past 3 days.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Priority or Smartpost?  If Priority, I would be worried.  If Smartpost, you've still got another week or two lol.  I'm currently waiting on an SBA3 that was shipped Smartpost, it's been on its way for over a week already and has been doing nothing but sitting in a city that's only 1 hour away for the past 3 days.
View Quote
I was going to say the same thing, especially if ordered from Brownells, I have been fighting this every order, they ship fast, but it takes for ever to get my stuff... then I found that sometimes the free shipping coupons include the ground option... way way faster
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#22]
My first pistol build. Just need a light and some kind of dot. Maybe a Burris Fastfire 3? Then rattle can.

Link Posted: 5/30/2018 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone seems to be OOS....I have an order pending with Optics Planet which I placed during their 10% off Memorial Day Weekend sale.....Guess I just need to sit back and wait...Was a pretty good deal from what Ive seen....Too bad I'm so impatient.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Placed an order with JoeBob Outfitters on Saturday afternoon and had it at my door Tuesday. That's quick shipping considering Monday was Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Everyone seems to be OOS....I have an order pending with Optics Planet which I placed during their 10% off Memorial Day Weekend sale.....Guess I just need to sit back and wait...Was a pretty good deal from what Ive seen....Too bad I'm so impatient.
View Quote
EE probably has some.  At a premium I'm sure though.

Or just fill out the notify me on some sites.  PSA seems to get a shipment a week.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ordered a black one from DSG arms when it was showing OOS.  Shipped 2 weeks later.

Then I ordered a fde one from DSG arms when it was showing OOS.  Shipped 1 week later.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My first pistol build. Just need a light and some kind of dot. Maybe a Burris Fastfire 3? Then rattle can.

https://s5.postimg.cc/rbx79v83b/1000767_2.jpg
View Quote
Nice. There's a few good deals on new Aimpoint PRO's on the EE at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s5.postimg.cc/rbx79v83b/1000767_2.jpg
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered one the may 22 from that big supplier with the thousands of negative reviews That's famous for marking things in Stock on there huge website and not having things in Stock. No response from Emails or Voicemails left.
I ordered from another vender last night and already have a tracking number.
How many time do I have to get fooled by BT before I learn my lesson.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#31]
I found one small quirk with the SBA3 last night I haven't seen anyone mention yet. When removing them from the bench or whatever I typically grab my ARs at the exposed part of the buffer tube between the stock and the lower which makes it easy to keep the muzzle pointed down. I found myself accidentally squeezing the adjustment lever on the SBA3 when picking them up that way. Small complaint though, I'm really liking the SBA3 otherwise. It has changed my opinion of AR pistols.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

EE probably has some.  At a premium I'm sure though.

Or just fill out the notify me on some sites.  PSA seems to get a shipment a week.
View Quote
I got one on another sites EE and it wasnt not really at a premium.... about 30 under MSRP shipped, Im gonna call it a win... really the only reason I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My in-laws live in Pikeville, KY. If I’m in town, I can bring my tools to help you out. It’s super easy with the Magpul tool.
View Quote
The Magpul armorer's wrench wont fit around a KAK tube or anything larger than a Mil-Spec tube, just FYI.  I found that out the hard way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got charged from Optics Planet and shipping label for my 4/11 Black SBA3 order. FYI
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QUESTION:
1) Carbine Buffer tube.
2) H2 buffer.
3) Buffer Spring
4) Castle-nut
5)  ? ?
Strike Industries has an end plate and removable anti rotation castle nut that doesn’t require peening. Instead it uses a set screw.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
RAINIER ARMS  has them in stock for 130 plus shipping
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered mine today and it is already shipped
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
HAD. Sold out again.

I'm waiting on mine from Optics Planet. The ship dates on their page keeps bouncing around... now showing 10-16 days or something like that... was 1-3 yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
HAD. Sold out again.

I'm waiting on mine from Optics Planet. The ship dates on their page keeps bouncing around... now showing 10-16 days or something like that... was 1-3 yesterday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HAD. Sold out again.

I ordered from OP on 3/2 and received it 5/28. Got it for $109 though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I know its not an AR but i decided to put the SBA3 on my Charger22 build.   LOVE IT!!!

Link Posted: 6/1/2018 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I know its not an AR but i decided to put the SBA3 on my Charger22 build.   LOVE IT!!!

https://i.imgur.com/XMuS5Vn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FnlWRLL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B64Cxzd.jpg
View Quote
Part list please!
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, what 10/22 MAGAZINE is that???  It doesn't look like any I've seen.

I've already got a 10/22 trigger and assembly, and a few other parts...I'd love to make a suppressed charger "pistol" like that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah, what 10/22 MAGAZINE is that???  It doesn't look like any I've seen.

I've already got a 10/22 trigger and assembly, and a few other parts...I'd love to make a suppressed charger "pistol" like that.
View Quote
Looks like a Pro-mag: https://promagindustries.com/ruger-1022/67-9-22-magazine-for-ruger-1022-22lr-25-rd.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Loving the sba3 on my 9mm

Huge improvement over the shockwave blade

Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally I got a KISS AR pistol.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks good
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice pistol. Damn it.  I kinda want to do a KISS pistol very similar myself.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nice pistol. Damn it.  I kinda want to do a KISS pistol very similar myself.  
View Quote
Thanks! Do it man. I highly recommended it because it is a very handy weapon, I wish I have it done sooner, but it never too late. I got the upper from Palmetto during the Memorial Day sale for $169 shipped, and it is still on sale as of today.

PSA 10.5” upper
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Can't wait for the hype to die down. I need 2 more of these braces
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Loving the sba3 on my 9mm

Huge improvement over the shockwave blade

https://i.imgur.com/jMwiabv.jpg
View Quote
Want!
Page / 16
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top