In stock at Preppersgunshop
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't wait for the hype to die down. I need 2 more of these braces
In stock at Preppersgunshop
Not paying inflated prices. I got mine for $97 from optics planet. Eventually when they catch up and stay in stock they will be cheaper
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Great looking build!
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My first AR-15 "pistol".

The SBA3 is what made me think it might be worth it. Totally worth it.

AR15 10.5 by X Ring, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know its not an AR but i decided to put the SBA3 on my Charger22 build.   LOVE IT!!!

https://i.imgur.com/XMuS5Vn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FnlWRLL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B64Cxzd.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I know its not an AR but i decided to put the SBA3 on my Charger22 build.   LOVE IT!!!

https://i.imgur.com/XMuS5Vn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FnlWRLL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B64Cxzd.jpg
Created a post in rimfire to handle this question:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/15-728190/?

Quoted:
Yeah, what 10/22 MAGAZINE is that???  It doesn't look like any I've seen.

I've already got a 10/22 trigger and assembly, and a few other parts...I'd love to make a suppressed charger "pistol" like that.
That is correct, its a ProMag.  I like the look of it more than the more curved BX25 from Ruger.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Fortress Tactical has a few in stock at $145 w/ free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Optics planet has limited availability on both colors.. With JT's 10% off code it was $116 shipped

eta: fuck. Got the status update on my order I just placed. Estimated shipping time 7-16 days. No where did it say that before I placed my order
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Well...I could not resist after seeing all the pics in this thread.  I have a mk13 rail like the poster above...and after seeing that photo I pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Optics planet has limited availability on both colors.. With JT's 10% off code it was $116 shipped

eta: fuck. Got the status update on my order I just placed. Estimated shipping time 7-16 days. No where did it say that before I placed my order
View Quote
Cheer up, at their current shipping pace, your grandchildren might get to enjoy it.

On a serious note, I hate when they do that...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]
PSA had the braces shipped for 129 yesterday. I am sure they were in stock for about 5 minutes lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
They have a "Check Product Availability" link under the ADD TO CART button...
been showing various #'s of days to ship.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't waste your time ordering it from grabagun. Had 2 in stock when I ordered, it dropped down to one after, and could have ordered it again. They canceled my order the next day, and said it was a computer error.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only person who thinks the Tailhook Mod2 is MUCH more comfortable when it actually touches your shoulder?

NOTE:  I have both, but I only chose to go with the SB3A because I think from MOST angles it looks better and it's not that bad as far as comfort--just not as comfortable as the Tmod2 (and there are a few angles where I think the Tailhook2 that came on my CMMG Banshee looks better).
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Just canceled my order with optics planet.

Earlier I ordered all the parts to complete my pistol lower from joebobs. After I ordered the SBA3 brace popped up in stock (black model)

they have live inventory and will not let you add to cart unless it's ready to ship. $126 shipped

in stock as of this post.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
In stock at grabagun for 114.99
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol, already out of stock in less than an hour!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Am I the only person who thinks the Tailhook Mod2 is MUCH more comfortable when it actually touches your shoulder?

NOTE:  I have both, but I only chose to go with the SB3A because I think from MOST angles it looks better and it's not that bad as far as comfort--just not as comfortable as the Tmod2 (and there are a few angles where I think the Tailhook2 that came on my CMMG Banshee looks better).
View Quote
The tailhook mod 2 is less comfortable to shoulder, but more comfortable to use "as intended" imo. There's no way to even use the SBA3 as intended...
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There's no way to even use the SBA3 as intended...
View Quote
Perhaps for you but it works great for me. The SBX-K didn't work for me as intended.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Just ordered one from Joe Bob Outfitters....Will be canceling my Optics Planet order. Wasn’t much more $ either.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

there's no way to even use the SBA3 as intended...
View Quote
Partially true, at least for me, it will not work with the included strap but it does work with a longer strap, like from the Sig Arm Brace it replaced... is it comfortable? Not really, but I never found any of them comfortable... and each one seems to get less comfortable...
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#21]
ordered one months ago from Optics Planet......it showed up about 4 weeks ago, for less than $100 I am not complaining

gotta say, I like the brace, it is also my 1st brace.

Joe Bob's has them for $129(free shipping) so I ordered one there today and it looks like they just sent a tracking #
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine came in. Super happy with it. Have ordered QD's for my stock now that I am not using the shockwave and have the mounting points. Woooooo

Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice setup Please move your Red Dot back where it belongs not contacting the rail.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nice setup Please move your Red Dot back where it belongs not contacting the rail.
View Quote
may I ask why? I just put it where it was comfortable with the shock wave... you're the first person to ever mention it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Mine came in. Super happy with it. Have ordered QD's for my stock now that I am not using the shockwave and have the mounting points. Woooooo

https://s5.postimg.cc/katmttb5z/IMG_4507.jpg
View Quote
Nice pistol! Can't wait for mine to come in.

Will re-up my membership and post pics when I get it out together
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

may I ask why? I just put it where it was comfortable with the shock wave... you're the first person to ever mention it.
View Quote
I think he is worrying that your RDS might get cant if you FF rail system got loosen because right now your RDS is sitting in the middle of the upper receiver and your rail system. I am agreed with him that you need to move your sight back to the upper receiver for a solid hook up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought two from Ranier last week, $129 each.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think he is worrying that your RDS might get cant if you FF rail system got loosen because right now your RDS is sitting in the middle of the upper receiver and your rail system. I am agreed with him that you need to move your sight back to the upper receiver for a solid hook up.
View Quote
I'll move it back before I head to the range again. Never though of that. With the SBA3, moving it back wont bother me since I can extend the brace and be comfortable.
Everything is torqued down to specs, and this is passing 1000 rounds with it in this configuration, but with a shockwave.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'll move it back before I head to the range again. Never though of that. With the SBA3, moving it back wont bother me since I can extend the brace and be comfortable.
Everything is torqued down to specs, and this is passing 1000 rounds with it in this configuration, but with a shockwave.
View Quote
Cool, it is one of the things that you will never know when it might happen but now you have one less thing to worry about. How about invest in some BUIS sights just in case your RDS fail, I highly recommended the Troy BUIS sight especially the HK front sight.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Cool, it is one of the things that you will never know when it might happen but now you have one less thing to worry about. How about invest in some BUIS sights just in case your RDS fail, I highly recommended the Troy BUIS sight especially the HK front sight.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99174/BC0EDA08-9480-4D48-B473-603EA4779C76-569018.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99174/59506EDD-7163-418F-A971-0717FDB66F40-569019.JPG
View Quote
Great pictures!

i have a couple sets of magpul & magpul Pros back ups, I just need to slap a set on here. I actually don't even have a reason for not having them on here yet.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Great pictures!

i have a couple sets of magpul & magpul Pros back ups, I just need to slap a set on here. I actually don't even have a reason for not having them on here yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99174/BC0EDA08-9480-4D48-B473-603EA4779C76-569018.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99174/59506EDD-7163-418F-A971-0717FDB66F40-569019.JPG
Great pictures!

My hd and shtf weapons have back up sights, but not my range toys. Don't see a need for them. I will second the awesomeness of the Troy sights, and I also like the hk style.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Weird. I like my MRO pretty far to the rear. I think most people do for that optic.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not a great idea to bridge your optics across the receiver/rail gap. The receiver is solid to the barrel, the rail isn't so much. Some torque on the rail may throw off the point of aim. Also, if the rail for whatever freak reason becomes dislodged from the barrel nut, you won't lose your optic. Granted in that case any force that would tear a rail off a barrel nut, I figure is going to kill you too.

At least that's what the internet has always told me. To be fair, the physics make sense in the first instance.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Regarding the specs on the SBA3, does the brace itself weigh 6.75oz, or is that the weight of the buffer tube and brace combined?
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Regarding the specs on the SBA3, does the brace itself weigh 6.75oz, or is that the weight of the buffer tube and brace combined?
View Quote
A mil-spec buffer tube is ~4 oz.  I'm pretty sure the brace isn't weighing in at a mere 2.75 oz.  :)
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's not a great idea to bridge your optics across the receiver/rail gap. The receiver is solid to the barrel, the rail isn't so much. Some torque on the rail may throw off the point of aim. Also, if the rail for whatever freak reason becomes dislodged from the barrel nut, you won't lose your optic. Granted in that case any force that would tear a rail off a barrel nut, I figure is going to kill you too.

At least that's what the internet has always told me. To be fair, the physics make sense in the first instance.
View Quote
cant argue physics. I moved it back and did a little shooting this morning just to see how the brace feels... Now I am looking forward to training sessions with this set up!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Found an FDE one at the gun show yesterday. There were only 2 people that had them. Had to pay a tiny bit more for it, but I didn't mind since I could walk out with it. 100x better than the SB PDW brace IMO. Also found this neat green anodized buffer tube.

Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Found an FDE one at the gun show yesterday. There were only 2 people that had them. Had to pay a tiny bit more for it, but I didn't mind since I could walk out with it. 100x better than the SB PDW brace IMO. Also found this neat green anodized buffer tube.

https://i.imgur.com/IwDZUp5.jpg
View Quote
in the fully open position, what is your length of pull (Trigger to end of brace)?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

in the fully open position, what is your length of pull (Trigger to end of brace)?
View Quote
13.75" from the farthest point back in the curve of the trigger face to the end of the brace fully extended. I keep it one slot back to keep at 12 15/16". I'm aware of the ATF's "opinion" on they "grey area" above 13.5. Marty from Shockwave stated that

1. The ATF considers using red loctite to be permanently affixing. (but I can't use red loctite on my muzzle device to permanently affix it and get a longer OAL?)

2. as long as you DONT use red loctite, it is considered temporarily placed and ok to shoulder.

3. "But if you use the Blade on a firearm that requires a large adapter of some sort, please make sure that you only use the dimples up to the point that you remain below the 13.5? length. Stay below 13.5? and according to ATF, it’s okay to shoulder a Shockwave Blade."

Those parts were pretty clear. I think I'm GTG.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Got one.  Nice and light and one of the best looking braces.  Tight as fuck on the buffer tube...if you thought the MFT minimalist stock was tight...you ain't seen nothing yet!  The back of the brace behind the buffer tube pops off too easy, and will pop off if you slam the brace to the collapsed position too hard...which happens because you have to beast fuck it to get it to move.  I guess if you move it back and forth enough it will loosen up eventually.  The strap is not as :/ as the pdw strap, but it's too short to be all that usable...this is prob the least comfortable to use one handed...but it's everything else you want a "brace" to be.

Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I've already got one, you see? It's a very, very nice...

Link Posted: 6/11/2018 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Does the SBA3 come with a buffer and spring?
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:06:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope, or at least, the two I bought didn't.  Brace, tube, and manual is all you get in the box.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba3/ - "Product includes:  brace, mil-spec carbine receiver extension, adjustable nylon strap"
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
No.  Doesn’t come with a castle nut or receiver end plate either.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't buy from Grabagun. Ended up, conveniently getting them back in stock 8 hours after canceling my order at a $5. higher price.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone received an order from backorder planet from late April or May?
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
LMAO, backorder planet
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not exactly what you were looking for, but as a point of reference, I ordered two from optics planet on March 11, and they shipped May 5th.  So almost two months from order to shipment.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 16
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top