Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will these work with a A5 buffer tube or are they proprietary to the included buffer tube it’s sold with. Anyone using this brace with a A5 tube with no issues?
View Quote
They work with any mil spec buffer tube. I have two on colt mil spec tubes and they fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome thank you Chairborne, gonna order one from Brownells with 10% code and AJ 4% cash back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Will these work with a A5 buffer tube or are they proprietary to the included buffer tube it’s sold with. Anyone using this brace with a A5 tube with no issues?
View Quote
You might run afoul of an ATF ruling about braces being too long.

I'm trying to get more details on this as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The design of the locking mechanism prevents use by the longest hole, not the buffer tube. The tube that ships with it is mil spec, not proprietary with fewer adjustment holes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Darn, some gray area using an A5 tube with sba3 that sucks. I’ve got a Vltor pistol A5 tube now with a sbm4 brace with a 11.5” upper. It’s a very nice shooting pistol that’s why i want to keep the A5 buffer system capabilities with sba3 and A5 length carbine buffer tube. Might just stick with the sbm4 til more clarification comes out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Darn, some gray area using an A5 tube with sba3 that sucks. I’ve got a Vltor pistol A5 tube now with a sbm4 brace with a 11.5” upper. It’s a very nice shooting pistol that’s why i want to keep the A5 buffer system capabilities with sba3 and A5 length carbine buffer tube. Might just stick with the sbm4 til more clarification comes out.
View Quote
Looks like we are good here. Well, provided you don't add something like a LAW folding mechanism.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looks like we are good here. Well, provided you don't add something like a LAW folding mechanism.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image-670482.JPG
View Quote
I wouldn't think a folding mechanism would count toward the length of a receiver extension, legally speaking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wouldn't think a folding mechanism would count toward the length of a receiver extension, legally speaking.
View Quote
Either it increases the LOP or it does not, there is no gray area.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently having a folding adapter means OAL is measured with it folded, so it would decrease the OAL significantly
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
But it does increase LOP which cannot be over 13"
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh yeah, not sure why I was thinking about OAL
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think a legal argument could be made that if the firearm is able to function while folded (be it only for only one round with the law folder on an AR) , and that the ATF is kind of setting “legal precedent” by measuring oal while folded, that the lop should also be measured while folded... Now this is common sense thinking, so rules/laws would be skewed and ruled otherwise.  This is why the “letters mean nothing”. They want to be able to flip flop their interpretations at will.  Courts would have to decide.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you seriously worried about this? I have never seen an atf agent at any range looking for bullshit like this or 922r ever. At the worst, they might use something like this as an add on charge. About the only thing I would worry about is getting caught with something like a lightning link or dias, that was not registered. I don't have either one, and I stopped worrying about the bullshit minutiae that the atf comes up with to fuck with law abiding people.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top