Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the DA7 gas blocks fit under a Centurion C4 rail?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wanted to post with my experiences.

I had read that there were some issues with these fitting in the DD Lite series due to their ridiculously small opening at the rear of the rail.. But after talking with SLR I decided to give it a shot.  

Anyways, ordered set screw DA7 on Tuesday afternoon and got it today (Thursday) which is pretty awesome.  But like some of the others it would not fit through the back of the DD Lite Rail.  

Knowing this might be the case I already had my Dremel out and ready to go.  I ended up just using a sanding drum (#407) and placed it dead center in the bottom of the rail and let it radius off the two sharp corners of the rail that extend inward about an inch.  This took all of 45 seconds and was all that was needed (removed maybe 1-2mm total).  So if you are holding off on getting one of these cause you own a Lite Rail, don't be.

In the picture below you can see the exposed metal where the sharp corners used to be.

Also, thanks to everyone at SLR for the fast shipping and willingness to answer questions.

tl;dr : If you are worried about these fitting a DD Lite Rail don't be.  It is minimal work to make it fit and I don't think it compromises the strength of the rail in any way.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will this fit under a midwest ss gen2 slim rail?

Thanks.
View Quote

It does fit. I put a setscrew version on a .750 barreled upper with a  12" M.I SSGEN2 rail with no problem ... except for having to trim down an accessory mount screw.  By the way the block works as advertised. Good work SLR.. this is much easier to adjust than my Syrac block
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Just remember folks you can not use a non-metal (ex. Magpul) BU sight on a gas block - well actually you can - ONCE.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
any idea if the .936 would fit under an apex 2605 308 rifle forearm
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I grabbed this from Apex's site.. not sure if it's enough enough info for you
Inside Diameter: 1.750'': INSIDE CLEARANCE DIMENSIONS: .925'' above & .825'' below center of bore
View Quote

If these won't work, I'll be looking at the Precision Reflex tube or delta-style forearms... but they could have the same problem
Precision just sent info about their round and delta guards
 The round hand guards are 1.9” ID to clear the end cap.  The Delta you can install something that is 1.5” in diameter, straight up from bore center is 1.13”
View Quote

Reading the mechanical drawing you have in the previous post... looks like only the delta could work... tubes for the apex and Precision would not have enough room
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]
when eyeballing the mechanical drawing you have... how much height do we need to add for the set screw in the top? it appears to protrude
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sure you can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just remember folks you can not use a non-metal (ex. Magpul) BU sight on a gas block - well actually you can - ONCE.

Sure you can.

Magpul says no...
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Any chance the railed one with work on an Armalite national match ar10 rifle? Getting tired of all the blow back with my can on this thing and don't want to pony up for Armalites adjustable rail and block.
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Email sent with photos.
Thanks Todd
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is my quick test and setup of the DA7 NiB Clamp gas block on my AR-15. I love it!! Have it setup with a 1oz Spikes Buffer and Spikes NiB BCG, also RRA rifle length gas block.

Note: Of course, you have to adjust the gas block close to the business end of the gun. Take 1 of my vid explained the be cautious when adjusting. I was low on battery on this take and forgot to mention that. No rounds in mag when adjusting, single loaded rounds. I admit, I should have put it on safety but was low on time. Will work on it.

SLR RifleWorks DA7 NiB Clamp Gas Block Review
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi.  I am building a .338 Spectre upper and I like the look of the DA7 Clamp On.  However, my barrel has carbine gas and my hand guard is a 15" long FF, so I think I will need an adjustment tool at least 9" long.  Is your tool that long or can you suggest some place I might find one long enough?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I shot my 300 build today with the slr adjustable gas block and got it just right where the brass lay in a pile and was cool upon extraction.  I recommend this to anyone building a custom upper to make the right amount of gas to work for you.  I want to get more in the future and my dad asked why my brass was so cool and his was so hot and his bolt was so much dirtier than mine.  Thanks for a good product and customer service when I called them up to talk about it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Coming shortly DA7-R
Uses Standard BUIS sets.
Oval cut out at front will be changed and will instead be a QD swivel mount on each side.
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/SLRrifleworks/4_zps86bf4dbf.png
View Quote

I know this would jack up the price, but since the new DA7-R is an exposed gas block, having the adjustment screw not use a separate tool would be cool (since the main purpose of the allen wrench is used to fit under the handguard).  There is little room for a knob, but maybe some kind of built in ratchet lever would be cool.  Just a thought
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes!  We are getting ready to unveil and whole new Adjustable gas block system unlike any thing out there and part of that is a toolless adjuster. This will also be offered for all of our DA Series gas blocks by the end of the year.

Our new design will fit under every HG out there and take care of the issue of car gas and long rails. No long wrenches anymore and even better performance!
Stay tuned!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coming shortly DA7-R
Uses Standard BUIS sets.
Oval cut out at front will be changed and will instead be a QD swivel mount on each side.

I know this would jack up the price, but since the new DA7-R is an exposed gas block, having the adjustment screw not use a separate tool would be cool (since the main purpose of the allen wrench is used to fit under the handguard).  There is little room for a knob, but maybe some kind of built in ratchet lever would be cool.  Just a thought

Yes!  We are getting ready to unveil and whole new Adjustable gas block system unlike any thing out there and part of that is a toolless adjuster. This will also be offered for all of our DA Series gas blocks by the end of the year.

Our new design will fit under every HG out there and take care of the issue of car gas and long rails. No long wrenches anymore and even better performance!
Stay tuned!

Sweet! Now I'm glad I've put off ordering one so long for my Centurion CMR build!
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been researching every aspect of the new rifle I'm building and an adjustable .625 gas block for is a must. Something that is durable, user serviceable/cleanable, and fits under the slimmest of rails just make my choice that much easier! I have yet to read a negative review about your gas blocks. Thankfully I'm in no rush so I'll be anxiously waiting for your new version.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Just curious, is there a chance that you will be coming out with a DA9-R(.936)?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Any word on the DA7-R version?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Any plans to produce more NiB coated DA7-SSC?  

My idea at this point is to mount a DA7 under an Apex FF tube on my .308. Your new railed R-gas-block might change my DA7/Apex FF hand guard plans.

Please keep updating us.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#37]
UPDATE:

A while ago got mine (set screw .625" size) installed and pinned in place by ADCO. It came back PERFECT.

Just to show the versatility of this product, see what I am running:

10.3" DD LW barrel
PWS muzzle break
JP LMOS bolt carrier (lighter weight carrier)
Buffer weight w ONLY a single steel weight inside + polymer spacers
MI SSG2 rail (gas block fits under it perfect)

Due to the low reciprocating mass, I turned down the gas setting. Tested 100rds today, 100% reliable in that chosen gas setting. VERY low recoil thanks to the MB, lower gassing and low mass. Still this SBR is VERY light weight, like 4.5 lbs. Did I mentioned less fouling than ever? My project is done!

Only cons (if you are picky): my block had some machining marks on the front face. Still this is park'zed over and not visible at all under the handguard rail. Does not affect performance in any way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Stay tuned!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coming shortly DA7-R
Uses Standard BUIS sets.

Stay tuned!

Can't wait for this.  Just ordered some of your 12" hand guards for 2 carbine length gas system ARs that are over gassed.  Any idea on price?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I just installed one of these on my last build and I will be using them on everything from now on great product!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No NiBo for now. We run super tight tolerances to get full cutoff and minimum blow by.
The NiBo wrecks all that randomly. If we can find someone who can keep a tolerance in the future we might try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any plans to produce more NiB coated DA7-SSC?  

My idea at this point is to mount a DA7 under an Apex FF tube on my .308. Your new railed R-gas-block might change my DA7/Apex FF hand guard plans.

Please keep updating us.

No NiBo for now. We run super tight tolerances to get full cutoff and minimum blow by.
The NiBo wrecks all that randomly. If we can find someone who can keep a tolerance in the future we might try again.

Not even for clamp-on?  I was on my way to ordering a couple right now and realized the NiB blocks were removed. How about melonite finishes? Is that getting looked at?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I'd love to see a migration to melonite also. Even better would be QPQ melonited stainless.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a migration to melonite also. Even better would be QPQ melonited stainless.
View Quote

Spike's has that exact product.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#43]
The GBs that Spikes has on their site look like Gen 1 Syracs unless I'm missing something.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I agree, melonite finished stainless steel. It's what  I will use if SLR doesn't offer any finishes better than phosphate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Any new information about the development of the tool less adjustable gas block?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I designed a block for my gas block to support it during installation of the gas tube. I took the measurements and to create an exact opposite of the gas block in auto desk inventor and then sent it over to the 3d printer. Waiting results. SLR MIGHT WANT TO TAKE NOTES
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ahhh yes.....The DA7-SAT (Satellite)  

I will be releasing some info any day now. Actually we have 2 new DA versions coming next week and a who new ballgame coming by the end of the month.

It will not replace the DA series just compliment and fill in some gaps like small I.D.tube handguards, buried gas blocks and a slick toolless adjuster.

The Nexturn Swiss CNC is working overtime on this one. All stainless internals.

Stay tuned...
View Quote

WOO HOO! Now, patience for the waiting game . . .
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#50]
My impatience got the best of me today... I put a DA9 on my pistol length SBR and realized there was an issue with the gas tube not lining up , then reread Todd's post about needing a straight gas tube with the DA9. Couldn't find one ANYWHERE that was pistol length so I straightened one out. Finally got it on the gun, test fire went great so I went to put it together and the Hand guard won't fit. I don't really have the money to buy one from SLR and it APPEARED to be just a slight clearance issue... so... off to the grinder I go. Took the top screw flush with the gas block (it stuck up just a little) and took some off the bottom edges of the gas block more or less. After several passes and test fits I realize it will never fit because my HG doesn't have the channel to fit over the gas tube. FML! So now guess what I am asking for Christmas. Todd to give us a great price break on a 7" SOLO HG. I am desperate need of finishing this build.  
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top