Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I get mine on Friday, it is going under my 15" Troy Alpha rail. Should fit, will confirm then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good. I hope it fits under a Troy alpha

I get mine on Friday, it is going under my 15" Troy Alpha rail. Should fit, will confirm then.

The cross bolt or set screw?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good. I hope it fits under a Troy alpha

The clamp/cross bolt model
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just used mine today.  Works great!
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DA8 and DA9's will be ready in about 10 days.

Stay tuned. Both set screw and clamp-on.
View Quote

What is the difference?

ETA: see they are for large bore...probs 308 I'm assuming?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if the crossbolt will fit under a Troy alpha?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

What setting do you have it set on?
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the crossbolt will fit under a Troy alpha?
View Quote

Just checked my tracking, looks like it should get here next week instead. Maybe monday?
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 out for suppressor and 5 out for regular
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 out from closed/no gas?  I have a 20"with a low mass carrier and was just trying to get an idea of how much gas reduction I can really yield.  I'm happy you didn't say its one click from max or something like that, as that that would be pretty much pointless.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got my DA7's in!

The look great!

Some things I noted:

Roll pins come pre-started, thank goodness XD
The Nickle Boron version is more of a grey/silver color rather than the bronze looking color advertised (I dig the grey/silver color better)
The both come in at 1.86 oz. Advertised weight is 2.oz, I hope my scale isn't off.

I can also see that my picture gives the NiBo version a yellowish hue, but trust me, it looks grey :).

Other than that, great communication from Todd, very professional and responds quickly to questions, very fast shipping (shipped same day when I ordered in the morning, 2 day USPS shipping).

I shall try to do a review in the future, my custom AR will be done this weekend.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Just for my curiosity's sake....with the clamp on model...would it make any difference by putting one of the bolts from the other side? Would that make it hold better? Or no effect?
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#18]
no effect
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey modify the back of the guard if it would not take to much relieving- that is what I did with a PRI adjustable gas block, fits in there after a little wiggling to enter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#21]
It fits perfectly under my troy 15" alpha rail.

Also, if you're going to use a middy/carbine gas system with the 15" alpha, you're going to need a longer detent adjustment hex tool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Got my block today and have to say I am very impressed so far with the fit and finish (I got the NiB).  Looks great and fits under a Troy Alpha, as Josh has already pointed out.  Now it is just deciding on the rest of my build, then I will be testing it out. This is a well thought out design, versus most clamp on blocks that are overly bulky the prevent fitting inside of a small ID forearm like the Troy.

Good job SLR so far.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Will these gas blocks fit (mounted on a 5.56 barrel) under a MidWest Industries SS 12G2 tube? I have seen this question asked several times in this thread but I have not seen an answer. If they do fit I have 3 rifles I would mount this GB ON.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Will these gas blocks fit (mounted on a 5.56 barrel) under a MidWest Industries SS 12G2 tube? I have seen this question asked several times in this thread but I have not seen an answer. If they do fit I have 3 rifles I would mount this GB ON.
View Quote

Email (or use the industry forum) MI and find out the internal diameter if it isn't just listed on their site and compare to a Troy Alpha. If its teh same size give or take a fraction, done.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Email (or use the industry forum) MI and find out the internal diameter if it isn't just listed on their site and compare to a Troy Alpha. If its teh same size give or take a fraction, done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a Troy Alpha Rail and i remember the I.D being 1.385. The M.I rail is 1.365, so a bit narrower... I think that the diameter will be fine for 80% of the diameter of the gas block.. its that top hump I am a little worried about. The SYRAC G.B block fit under the Troy rail and it looks very similar to the SLR GB. I think that it will fit fine.. but it would be great to hear that confirmed from the SLR guys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I did a trial fitting of the DA7C with a MI Gen 2 SS 10 inch rail on barrel with a carbine gas hole, so the gas block is totally under the rail. Unfortunately, the screw heads touch the tube. I will have to see when the actual installation is done, but I am rather certain a dremel tool will be involved in the end. Used the same barrel to simulate a mid-lengthen gas hole installation and the front gas block screw is outside of the tube and the rear screw is inside, and yes it touches the tube.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I did a trial fitting of the DA7C with a MI Gen 2 SS 10 inch rail on barrel with a carbine gas hole, so the gas block is totally under the rail. Unfortunately, the screw heads touch the tube. I will have to see when the actual installation is done, but I am rather certain a dremel tool will be involved in the end. Used the same barrel to simulate a mid-lengthen gas hole installation and the front gas block screw is outside of the tube and the rear screw is inside, and yes it touches the tube.
View Quote

Thanks alot for the info... figured it would be a little tight. Please update on how your installation goes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Any problems fitting under a Centurion CMR?
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#29]
For the folks that own the Samson Evolution HG's, the DA-7 set screw model fits with absolutely no problem  For the folks that own the Brownell's barrrel's, the DA-7 set screw model fits perfectly and the rear set screw locates precisely in the dimple Brownell's put in the barrel opposite the gas port, shown here in my  300BLK build

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v8mk4i.jpg

For those wondering about Todd's other products, here's a pic of my 556 build using the SLR 12" Intrepid KM, SLR 16" middy bbl and DA-7C gas block ...

http://i43.tinypic.com/b8mwxz.jpg

Hope this helps those folks straddling the fence on Todd's product due to fitment concerns....don't worry, it's all G2G

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm just curious: do these undergo any sort of heat treatment before plating?
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Went out shooting yesterday with the new gas block on my 25-223AR wildcat and it was operating at setting 9.  Which is good, because that is less still than fully open which I wanted since I am using a low mass carrier with it. This is an awesome block and will be on all my future builds.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#34]
..these are looking sweet   I'll be picking up some more of these & DA7-C's soon..
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any problems fitting under a Centurion CMR?
View Quote

I'd like to get the pinned model, have you guys at SLR or anyone tried to see if one fits under the Centurion CMR? I've heard there are a number of gas blocks that are having problems fitting
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Normally don't write reviews, but you have a great product there. I've installed the clamp version on my 11.5" Grendel sbr and couldn't be happier. I've been using JP's gb, but these are so much easier to adjust without the need of thread locker.   I'll absolutely use them on future builds
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The new windowed DA7-SSC (Set Screw) is here.

Also the .625" DA6-SSC is here.

The .875" and .936" Clamp and Set Screw Versions are just around the corner.
View Quote

Yes! Buying one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Received my DA7 clamp quickly and got it installed on my 20" DMR build this weekend. As previously mentioned, it fit nicely under my 15" Troy Alpha Rail I can't wait to get to the range and test it out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Looks like it's going to be a tight fit in the CMR. I just emailed them to see if they could provide a dimensional drawing of it from the front of the rail
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:04:29 AM EDT
[#43]
[b]...snip...There are so many HG's coming out now its tough to keep up with them all.  I'll post a spec PDF and if the HG mfg's will do the same we can see what will work with what.  Generally if the HG has the gas tube channel its going to fit. Todd
View Quote
 For most lo pro gas blocks, the set screw varieties will fit under the new thin handguard models, while the clamp on varieties don't.  From the field reports, it sounds like yours is no different in that respect.  Its not the gas tube channel these GBs interfere with, rather they are too big at the bottom to fit inside the handguard.   Because of its design, the clamp on types protrude slightly move at the bottom.  Buyer beware. - CW
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#45]
so will the DA7 clamp on fit under a Midwest Industries gen2ss 15' rail on a 18' rifle length gas system? If not i guess ill have to send the one back that i ordered.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey Guys- the block will fit in the back of the DD lite rail (1st preferably the set screw version) BUT you will need to do a little dremel sanding down of the tall foundation support bottom corners (not affecting the base of the support the area that extends out) and at the very top making the hump under the rail a little deeper. Widening the lower area and enhancing the very top area, the rail is really over built, but I see this as only affection the size of the opening nothing to do with the support- BUT hey am not a structural engineer. Ofcourse you do not take any material off than more than is absolutely necessary to fit the set screw black in the opening, a little goes along way. After you sand it down with the 1/2 wheel just put some alumna black on it to protect it and there you go. Hell the rails are only $300.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hey Guys- the block will fit in the back of the DD lite rail (1st preferably the set screw version) BUT you will need to do a little dremel sanding down of the tall foundation support bottom corners (not affecting the base of the support the area that extends out) and at the very top making the hump under the rail a little deeper. Widening the lower area and enhancing the very top area, the rail is really over built, but I see this as only affection the size of the opening nothing to do with the support- BUT hey am not a structural engineer. Ofcourse you do not take any material off than more than is absolutely necessary to fit the set screw black in the opening, a little goes along way. After you sand it down with the 1/2 wheel just put some alumna black on it to protect it and there you go. Hell the rails are only $300.
View Quote

Could you get some pics or throw some arrows on a picture of where you are talking about?  Very interested in the block but not a huge fan of having to mod my rails...

Thx
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#50]
It fits inside a MI SS gen 2 perfectly...I'll get pics up after I get it all torqued up properly.
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top