BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ugh, March? Figures. My first forray into Aimpoint was going to be this optic for my B&T APC45 Pro that I just picked up. I guess I'll look into the Steiner MPS (which also seems impossible to find...) or just buy a mount for one of my RMRs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Right after the last afternoon of SHOT show, heading up the elevator to our hotel rooms, there was an Aimpoint rep in our same elevator.  I said, hey, what's the deal with the Acro P-2 release.   The rep said something to the effect that they were shipping a ton of them, but they were all going to fulfill military contracts.

I didn't really believe him, but that's what he said.

View Quote

Can't make enough for everyone. Probably making them in smaller than usual batches due to shortages.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Have the P2 on order, but the somewhat bigger window of the MPS is drawing me in. Really debating on cancelling and switching to MPS. I wish I could try both before I buy the.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I grew tired of waiting and ordered another RMR Type 2. Minutes ago even. I still want the P2 though, those braced modules for Glocks and 320's are very tempting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I back ordered one today. Kenzies said March or April and Euro Optic said possibly end of February. We shall see.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I back ordered one today. Kenzies said March or April and Euro Optic said possibly end of February. We shall see.
View Quote

Hopefully, had my ordered since July.

Can confirm Euro Optic is hoping end of the month
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got confirmation that they won’t be shipping until may. Just cancelled my order.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got confirmation that they won’t be shipping until may. Just cancelled my order.
View Quote

Who gave you that confirmation? If so that's very disappointing. @Lucreau
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered an mps off optics planet. They have 6 left. Not waiting/searching for an acro any longer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I ordered through Strohman enterprises. One of aimpoint s dealers. They sent out a mass e mail yesterday that they spoke to aimpoint, and that’s the date aimpoint told them they were shipping.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I ordered through Strohman enterprises. One of aimpoint s dealers. They sent out a mass e mail yesterday that they spoke to aimpoint, and that’s the date aimpoint told them they were shipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very unfortunate but thank you for the update!
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Just going to rock my p1 again and enjoy it until the p2 actually comes out and is available. Not holding my breath anymore. From pre order to delivery would be longer than I just waited on my last form 4
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just going to rock my p1 again and enjoy it until the p2 actually comes out and is available. Not holding my breath anymore. From pre-order to delivery would be longer than I just waited on my last form 4
View Quote

Concur.  I first bought a P-1.  Still an outstanding optic and why I thought the P-2 would be perfect for an optic I want to leave on 24/7.  Personally, I think the battery life issue is overblown though.  Most of us use it at the range, so we can just turn it off when we aren't shooting.  If you have a situation where 24/7 illum. is required, just change out a relatively inexpensive battery every month or so.  For an optic that sells for $550 to $599, it's no big deal, especially since there is no return to zero issues changing a side-mounted battery.  Ordered my P-2 last July and had to pay when I ordered to keep a spot in the queue.   Asked for a refund last month when EuroOptic basically told me they have no idea when they'll get them.

Edit:  EuroOptic did get and distribute 50 units in Jan I was told.  I just didn't make the cut.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Concur.  I first bought a P-1.  Still an outstanding optic and why I thought the P-2 would be perfect for an optic I want to leave on 24/7.  Personally, I think the battery life issue is overblown though.  Most of us use it at the range, so we can just turn it off when we aren't shooting.  If you have a situation where 24/7 illum. is required, just change out a relatively inexpensive battery every month or so.  For an optic that sells for $550 to $599, it's no big deal, especially since there is no return to zero issues changing a side-mounted battery.  Ordered my P-2 last July and had to pay when I ordered to keep a spot in the queue.   Asked for a refund last month when EuroOptic basically told me they have no idea when they'll get them.

Edit:  EuroOptic did get and distribute 50 units in Jan I was told.  I just didn't make the cut.
View Quote

The practice of paying for an item in full when pre-ordering doesn't feel right, especially when the dates keep slipping like this. I will give it a month and probably cancel too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just ordered an mps off optics planet. They have 6 left. Not waiting/searching for an acro any longer.
View Quote

Wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have ordered one instead of waiting any longer for the P-2……frustrating
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously, their first shipment was only 50!?!  I checked in with a few of the bigger Aimpoint vendors late last year and P-2 backorders were already in the thousands.  This thread might soon need to be renamed "What I bought instead of the P-2".

Vendors have been getting shipments of the MPS and I have seen street prices in the $450 range.  The MPS is built by Steiner Germany which eases some of my quality concerns so I am hopeful the MPS turns into an unexpected hit.

Also, Eotech announced the EFLX pistol red dot for Q2 release.  The EFLX initially appears extremely underwhelming, but if it turns out that the EFLX passes drop/durability tests and lasts at least a year on a single 2032, Eotech might end up addressing the minor annoyances of the RMR since the EFLX apparently has excellent glass with little or no tint/fisheye, has a top loaded battery and will have a street price closer to $300 despite being assembled in the US.  Of course, that would have been awesome several years ago, but so would have the P-2.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Seriously, their first shipment was only 50!?!  I checked in with a few of the bigger Aimpoint vendors late last year and P-2 backorders were already in the thousands.  This thread might soon need to be renamed "What I bought instead of the P-2".

Vendors have been getting shipments of the MPS and I have seen street prices in the $450 range.  The MPS is built by Steiner Germany which eases some of my quality concerns so I am hopeful the MPS turns into an unexpected hit.

Also, Eotech announced the EFLX pistol red dot for Q2 release.  The EFLX initially appears extremely underwhelming, but if it turns out that the EFLX passes drop/durability tests and lasts at least a year on a single 2032, Eotech might end up addressing the minor annoyances of the RMR since the EFLX apparently has excellent glass with little or no tint/fisheye, has a top loaded battery and will have a street price closer to $300 despite being assembled in the US.  Of course, that would have been awesome several years ago, but so would have the P-2.
View Quote

Pre-orders in the thousands tells me I should cancel my recent ones and just wait until this is readily available. No need to have 1k tied up in vapor ware.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pre-orders in the thousands tells me I should cancel my recent ones and just wait until this is readily available. No need to have 1k tied up in vapor ware.
View Quote
Agreed.  I am guessing you are more likely to be able to snag a P-2 by signing up for stock alerts from a smaller vendor who doesn't take backorders than being #900 on a major Aimpoint vendor's backorder list.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Just got an email from Kenzies that the P-2s are in stock.

ETA: Already gone
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully I'll get mine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully that means Euro Optic will get an order in soon
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I imagine all of Kenzie's went to back orders immediately if they truly did receive some.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Can you confirm that your MPS can disable the 13 hour auto-off?  I saw a recent question/answer on Steiner's MPS product page that says that version that can disable auto-off isn't shipping yet.  Surprising, but it might just be whoever is answering the question on the Steiner side doesn't know...
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to a certain companies website last night, and what do you know but they had P2s listed……and NOT as a backorder. I immediately put my info in and then this morning I get a “2-3 month wait” notice LOL

Fuck that, I’ve already got $400 in something else I’ve been waiting 11 weeks for……not going to tie up another $700 on an optic that could get pushed farther back then March. Canceled my order for refund. They dropped the ball on this one big time
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can you confirm that your MPS can disable the 13 hour auto-off?  I saw a recent question/answer on Steiner's MPS product page that says that version that can disable auto-off isn't shipping yet.  Surprising, but it might just be whoever is answering the question on the Steiner side doesn't know...
View Quote

From what I heard was the first 600 out were the ones that didn’t have the ability to turn off the auto shutoff feature, this is from a Instagram post keep in mind.

On Aaron Cowans review of the MPS he seems to have the version you can disable the feature, may want to call Steiner but if the new version is shipping I may end up with the MPS for now
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck that, I’ve already got $400 in something else I’ve been waiting 11 weeks for……not going to tie up another $700 on an optic that could get pushed farther back then March. Canceled my order for refund. They dropped the ball on this one big time
View Quote

I've seen worse, but it's pretty much expected nowadays.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like Kenzie's is no longer accepting back orders now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I inquired around again this week and multiple sources said April is the most recent ETA from Aimpoint.  My guess is that all of those will go to fill 2021 backorders.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#29]
EuroOptic just said their ETA got pushed back till April.

At this rate I will have Form 4s back before my Acro P2 that I ordered in July

At this point I might just cancel my pre-order and go with something else
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

when I placed my order a few weeks ago at Kenzies I was told I was in the mid 60s on the waitlist
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Aimpoint is shaping up to be the new Wilcox
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#32]
There must be huge contracts that they've got to fulfill first of the government state or federal, the Duty came out and eventually went OOS but came back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I just ordered a Staccato P and was told 90-120 days, if I don't get the Acro P2 by then I am probably going to cancel and order something else.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

when I placed my order a few weeks ago at Kenzies I was told I was in the mid 60s on the waitlist
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meaning you were number 60 on the list? Weird they shut it down then. @Greyswandir
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Meaning you were number 60 on the list? Weird they shut it down then. @Greyswandir
View Quote

Yup. This was near end of January. Not sure when they shut down backorders.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
At this point I might just cancel my pre-order and go with something else
View Quote

And then you'll probably regret it when everyone else ends up getting their orders.

If you're not strapped for cash, buy another optic as a placeholder while you wait for the P-2.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting thanks! I ordered on the 1st of Feb and it looks like they shut it down shortly after that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

My MPS doesn't have it. My gun also isn't a duty weapon, so it doesn't bother me. I just turn it on every morning when I pick up the gun.

I can understand how that would be a no-go for LE tho.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:06:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Ffs. I’ve had one backordered from euro optic since October last year. And then failed eta after failed eta. Their website still shows a Jan/Feb release. So when April/May rolls by and they change the release date to July/August are we supposed to just be quiet and wait for yet another failed eta?  Guess I should have ordered two so I can flip one for $900 like people are doing over on reddit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ffs. I’ve had one backordered from euro optic since October last year. And then failed eta after failed eta. Their website still shows a Jan/Feb release. So when April/May rolls by and they change the release date to July/August are we supposed to just be quiet and wait for yet another failed eta?  Guess I should have ordered two so I can flip one for $900 like people are doing over on reddit.
View Quote

I have one backordered from July
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have one backordered from July
View Quote

Yikes!  I was reading over on Reddit that Kenzie’s Optics, rooftop defense, and Omaha Outdoors have all shipped some out. Back in January apparently but there weren’t many to go around and it’s unclear as to whether they went to people with backorders or what.

What always grinds my gears about this stuff is the not knowing. If aimpoint said 100% we’ll have 5,000 of these things on a container ship heading out in March for example that would be one thing. But just constantly moving back the eta gives me zero confidence in anything anyone says.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yikes!  I was reading over on Reddit that Kenzie’s Optics, rooftop defense, and Omaha Outdoors have all shipped some out. Back in January apparently but there weren’t many to go around and it’s unclear as to whether they went to people with backorders or what.

What always grinds my gears about this stuff is the not knowing. If aimpoint said 100% we’ll have 5,000 of these things on a container ship heading out in March for example that would be one thing. But just constantly moving back the eta gives me zero confidence in anything anyone says.
View Quote

I agree, it would be cool if Aimpoint would be transparent with everyone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I agree, it would be cool if Aimpoint would be transparent with everyone.
View Quote

Aimpoint claims they are all going to border patrol.  Who knows how true it is.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Aimpoint claims they are all going to border patrol.  Who knows how true it is.
View Quote

LOL, US border patrol?  Sounds like a "dog ate my homework" type of excuse.  It would be nice if the current admin cared what is happening on our border...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL, US border patrol?  Sounds like a "dog ate my homework" type of excuse.  It would be nice if the current admin cared what is happening on our border...
View Quote

Was thinking the same thing haha! I got tired of asking distributors about the P-2 so I emailed Aimpoint. They said they HOPE to have some in stock in APRIL……keyword there is hope. And what does that mean like 50 more units?

This whole ordeal is just fucked, they’re able to announce the RDS rifle optic at SHOT, stock them, sell out, then have them back in stock but no P-2s? I’d like to know the actual amount of P-2s that have been delivered so far. Give me a break
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I wanted a P-2 but I got tired of the lack of good information on availability and got the Steiner. So far, no complaints. If/when the P-2 is available, I will check it out...

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wanted a P-2 but I got tired of the lack of good information on availability and got the Steiner. So far, no complaints. If/when the P-2 is available, I will check it out...

https://i.imgur.com/LhRupVn.jpg
View Quote

Nice, does your unit have the disable the 13 auto-shutoff feature?  If not, do you know if the auto-off timer resets whenever the the brightness is adjusted?  Unfortunately, as of yet Steiner has not put an online manual up or described the auto-off feature clearly on the MPS product page.

I am seeing street prices on the MPS below the RMR.  The MPS could turn into a sleeper hit like the P4xi.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#48]
What’s the best place to go for a MPS?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What’s the best place to go for a MPS?
View Quote

it was in stock at Optics Planet for $489
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#50]
https://soldiersystems.net/2022/03/04/iwa-22-glock-french-army-pistol-system/

Could this be where all the ACRO’s are going? They’re part of the package for the 75k pistols Glock is delivering to the French Army
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top