User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very unfortunate but thank you for the update!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gave you that confirmation? If so that's very disappointing. @Lucreau

I ordered through Strohman enterprises. One of aimpoint s dealers. They sent out a mass e mail yesterday that they spoke to aimpoint, and that’s the date aimpoint told them they were shipping.

Very unfortunate but thank you for the update!

Aimpoint just told me they will be restocked and shipping in April
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lets hope that means dealers are getting adequate stock! Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope you’re correct because I saw a customer service email that said June lol this isn’t even frustrating anymore, it’s comical.

They sure did make sure they had that Duty RDS ready to go at release didn’t they? ??
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hope you’re correct because I saw a customer service email that said June lol this isn’t even frustrating anymore, it’s comical.

They sure did make sure they had that Duty RDS ready to go at release didn’t they? ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received the same email saying June was when they expect to restock, but it sounded like that was for Aimpoint's own website.

ETA: Email I received last week.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I received the same email saying June was when they expect to restock, but it sounded like that was for Aimpoint's own website.

https://i.imgur.com/FhCbLLy.jpg
View Quote

If I can find a MPS I think I’ll just go that direction until they’re available……at least with government contracts being filled the public isn’t their guinea pig lol
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If I can find a MPS I think I’ll just go that direction until they’re available……at least with government contracts being filled the public isn’t their guinea pig lol
View Quote

MPS in stock this morning at MidwayUSA for $424...
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not going to wait anymore.  I posted some Glock MOS ACRO / MPS plates for 50% off on EE if anyone wants some for their MPS.

ETA: Yeah, Midway has the best prices for the MPS that I have seen yet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am not going to wait anymore.  I posted some Glock MOS ACRO / MPS plates for 50% off on EE if anyone wants some for their MPS.

ETA: Yeah, Midway has the best prices for the MPS that I have seen yet.
View Quote

Sitting on a Forward Controls plate myself, seems that the MPS listed online right now aren’t the revised editions with the ability to disable the Auto Off feature still.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I received the same email yesterday and assumed that was for their website.

I asked when they will be available at dealers, they replied today and said “should be the same time.”
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
This is such a dicked up situation.  I do think there is some credence to the rumor mill of gov't contracts eating up production.  Apparently, the motivation for a P-2 was a gov't customer that basically spec'd the changes to the P-1 that they needed.  May be time to get my money back from Euro Optic if these "June" dates become real.  Almost an entire year on backorder.  COVID supply chain issue may be partially responsible, so it's hard to be outraged about it, but I'm severely disappointed.  Aimpoint is becoming less reliable for product availability than Knights.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I asked when they will be available at dealers, they replied today and said “should be the same time.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if that is the case then I will probably cancel my back orders. Absolutely ridiculous at this point. Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I just got a tracking number for my EuroOptic order from June!

Order is from 7/14/21 so you can compare
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats! Be sure to post pics for the rest of us!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Congrats! Be sure to post pics for the rest of us!
View Quote

Will do, this one is going to go on my Glock 45. If I like it I will order another for my Staccato.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Wilson cut my slide to low mount an Acro. Does the MPS direct mount to an Acro cut?  I read something about it being an acro cut but with different measurements?!?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wilson cut my slide to low mount an Acro. Does the MPS direct mount to an Acro cut?  I read something about it being an acro cut but with different measurements?!?
View Quote

Jagerwerks talks about the differences and has some picture in one of their blogs. Scroll down below the magazine extensions.

Jagerwerks
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Order is from 7/14/21 so you can compare
View Quote

Wonder how many they got to knock out some of the backorders.

I sure do hope that Aimpoint is saying a later date then what’s actually scheduled for a restock, Aimpoint = Knights of the optic world.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Got notification that my backorder from Kenzies is shipping.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice, when did you order? @Theodoric
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

End of May
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#22]
My dealer got two in today. I snagged one.

Been waiting for one to finally finish this stupid SBR.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Jagerwerks talks about the differences and has some picture in one of their blogs. Scroll down below the magazine extensions.

Jagerwerks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jagerwerks

Well shit. I called Steiner today and they assured me it was indeed the same. If it fits like that its going back. If it fits well I'll be happy. As posted Midway had a really good price.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My dealer got two in today. I snagged one.

Been waiting for one to finally finish this stupid SBR.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241023/20220315_142616-01_jpeg-2314619.JPG
View Quote

Man that is slick! I’ve been drawn to the B&T TP9s and Glocks that are set up like this, I guess I can possibly talk myself into grabbing another 17 to build something like this.

How’s the ACRO so far? Really nice to see backorders finally being filled. Maybe they just gave us a couple months later guess at restock lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Just chatted with a guy on Instagram that recently received his P-2…..he ordered from Aimpoints website last week and got his today.

There “In-stock” notification email doesn’t work apparently, this blows.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just chatted with a guy on Instagram that recently received his P-2…..he ordered from Aimpoints website last week and got his today.

There “In-stock” notification email doesn’t work apparently, this blows.
View Quote

Not surprised, their system probably can't handle the volume. I wish they would at least stock dealers with back orders.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Man that is slick! I’ve been drawn to the B&T TP9s and Glocks that are set up like this, I guess I can possibly talk myself into grabbing another 17 to build something like this.

How’s the ACRO so far? Really nice to see backorders finally being filled. Maybe they just gave us a couple months later guess at restock lol
View Quote

It's way nicer in just visual quality alone than the old ACRO P1 that I had on it was. Glass seems clearer. Digging the new buttons on it too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Aimpoint rep told me yesterday that in stock notifications go out in the order people signed up in. He said there are more than 3,000 people signed up for notifications and they sold something like 75 units last week. That’s a lot of backlog. Even if aimpoint is delivering 1,000 units a month to the states I would imagine demand still outpaces supply for the year. I’ve signed up for every retailer I could find thats carrying them and I only ever seem to hear about a drop days after the fact. Guys are selling them on Reddit for $800 + routinely. I need like three of them and I’m not paying a 25% markup.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Aimpoint rep told me yesterday that in stock notifications go out in the order people signed up in. He said there are more than 3,000 people signed up for notifications and they sold something like 75 units last week. That’s a lot of backlog. Even if aimpoint is delivering 1,000 units a month to the states I would imagine demand still outpaces supply for the year. I’ve signed up for every retailer I could find thats carrying them and I only ever seem to hear about a drop days after the fact. Guys are selling them on Reddit for $800 + routinely. I need like three of them and I’m not paying a 25% markup.
View Quote

That's good to know thanks for the insight! Sounds like it is going to be an even longer wait then.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Well my tactical mailbox came in, I love it already. Going to order a second one for my Staccato.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#31]
That looks a little big.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:53:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That looks a little big.
View Quote

It's just a bad angle. I'm messing with mine on my little B&T PDW right now - it ain't much bigger than an RMR tbh.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well my tactical mailbox came in, I love it already. Going to order a second one for my Staccato.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493545/20220317_191512_jpg-2317020.JPG
View Quote

You should've ordered it while you were waiting for the first one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You should've ordered it while you were waiting for the first one.
View Quote

Yeah probably

Was just worried my astigmatism might not work well with it or the window might be too small for me since I never got to play with the 1st gen.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah probably

Was just worried my astigmatism might not work well with it or the window might be too small for me since I never got to play with the 1st gen.
View Quote

I know everyone’s astigmatism is different but does the dot look good? I have astigmatism and what the call “floaters” from eye damage over the years……my RMRs can get fuzzy sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know everyone’s astigmatism is different but does the dot look good? I have astigmatism and what the call “floaters” from eye damage over the years……my RMRs can get fuzzy sometimes.
View Quote

I do wear glasses and it seemed slightly fuzzy at first and then it clears up, same happens with my holosun on my Glock 48. I think it is just my eyes adjusting to a bright red dot. It might be slightly fuzzy after.

I only just quickly messed around with it yesterday, this weekend I am going to take a better look at it and zero it. I'll report back
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#37]
According to Kenzie's Optics they only received 9 in their last shipment. Sounds like it may still be a while if other distributors are getting the same small amounts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow and I'm hoping for the same. The CompM5 uses a new smaller, more efficient laser and it actually was decently clean for my astigmatism. The P-2 says it is also using this new diode, so fingers crossed.

I just wish something cheaper like the PRO wasn't so starbursty in my eyes...
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
According to Kenzie's Optics they only received 9 in their last shipment. Sounds like it may still be a while if other distributors are getting the same small amounts.
View Quote

How long ago was their last shipment?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How long ago was their last shipment?
View Quote

About a week or so.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#41]
BigTex now has the "latest version" of the MPS which has user selectable auto-off.  Steiner's MPS spec-sheet now also shows the MPS as having "user-selectable auto-off".

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/steiner-mps-3-3-moa-micro-pistol-sight-8700-mps/
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you happen to know if that was 9 to fill backorders, or 9 listed on the website for everyone to take a shot at getting? Stupid question but figured I’d ask.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do you happen to know if that was 9 to fill backorders, or 9 listed on the website for everyone to take a shot at getting? Stupid question but figured I’d ask.
View Quote

9 to fill back orders, they said they still have another 50 or so back orders to fill.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

9 to fill back orders, they said they still have another 50 or so back orders to fill.
View Quote

iirc I was #21 and #22 on the back order list. Only 12 more to fill before mine comes up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Just an FYI, Aimpoint posted on their Instagram stories that they will have units on their website and also distributors website at 9 eastern tomorrow ????????
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, Aimpoint posted on their Instagram stories that they will have units on their website and also distributors website at 9 eastern tomorrow ????????
View Quote

Just saw that! Prepare for their website to crash and then all be gone immediately haha.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just saw that! Prepare for their website to crash and then all be gone immediately haha.
View Quote

Yeah, I’m not getting my hopes up lol maybe I’ll be able to snag one from another distributor……seems like they’re catching up on their backorder list if they have enough to list elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m not getting my hopes up lol maybe I’ll be able to snag one from another distributor……seems like they’re catching up on their backorder list if they have enough to list elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they sold out in under a minute on Aimpoint's website but I was able to order a couple!
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Looks like they sold out in under a minute on Aimpoint's website but I was able to order a couple!
View Quote

Man, I had one in my cart but wasn’t able to check out…..little upset. Wonder how many units this drop had, hopefully more soon though. I think some of their distributors are going have some listed as well, maybe I can find one and snag it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

I was also too slow.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top