BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 94
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sent a blistering e-mail to Natchez and hope that you guys will too.....I have a very long memory and while I might not care for some of Wal-Mart's policies, I will certainly always remember them as a company that hasn't gouged us.........
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
No lie! Both Natchez and ATG seem to have caught up with CTD on their outrageous prices!

I think I'll go clean my local stores out this week...Magtech .223 for 17.50/ box of 50 (and it actually is good clean shooting stuff) and PMC .40 for 15/ box of 50.

Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TahoeShooter:
Wars, panic, Obama and crime are driving demand through the roof, so prices go up.  Do any of you think any of these things are ending soon?  I don't.  If you think prices are high now, just wait.  Calling this a "bubble" is just wishful thinking.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation interviewed ammunition manufacturers and concluded that the although supply will take time to catch up to demand they believe the current shortage is temporary.  I posted a link to their article earlier in the thread.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I popped in my local Walmart today for the first time in a couple of weeks to check on ammunition. I got six boxes of WWB 9mm and asked the guy how long it usually stays on the shelves. To my surprise, he said that they'd had that for 2-3 days, and there was still some left after I got mine. He even had a box or two of .380, but no WWB .45.

I didn't ask about the "6 box limit" that has been discussed elsewhere, and he didn't tell me anything about it when he asked how many I wanted.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bear223:
Originally Posted By Walsh:
Originally Posted By phoenix27:
Now I've seen everything. Natchez had Fed M193 ammo "on sale" for $750/1000 plus a stiff shipping fee. The world has definitely gone insane. They must be drinking the same Kool-Aide that S/G was drinking asking $800/1000 for Win M855 ammo a few weeks back. This is totally nuts! Thank the good Lord I don't need to buy any 5.56mm ammo right now and can just sit back and watch this circus from the sidelines.

It might take a few weeks now, but you can get Hornady 55 gr rounds and A2230 powder is not a problem at all to find as of 2 weeks ago. Primers do come in but you might have to wait 4-8 weeks. Reloading, that makes it the most $225/1000.

I've not reloaded any .223 yet (just getting a Dillion 550) but the cost of components is WAY under these price increases which means the sellers of ammo are gouging.

Walsh

Powders NOT a problem...........................Yeah Right ..............Try and get some H335 or H322 right now !!!

Might want to take a look at Midsouth Shooter Supply right now if you're still looking for that H335
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aggie-01] [#6]
Another example...Natchez will never get another dime from me.  
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM855PD&src=bckrdAlrt

$950?  Wow.

Actual quote from their site:  "Equivalent to 18.99 per box of 20! Very Limited Quantity! "
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Damnit, I just got ready to post that!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#8]
put in a order at natchez last week for Remington 115g 9mm MC for 19.99. I called them earlier today to backorder some other stuff. I asked about the remington 9mm  ammo and he said they sold out of the supply that I bought and got another shipment in and the price will be 24.99. Just looked on their website and noticed that they havent changed the price yet. He also said that there was not a mark up. That is just what it was going to cost them. I just dont hnow . I guess if we want ammo we will have to bite the bullet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By aggie-01:
Another example...Natchez will never get another dime from me.  
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM855PD&src=bckrdAlrt

$950?  Wow.

Actual quote from their site:  "Equivalent to 18.99 per box of 20! Very Limited Quantity! "

+1 on that.  Just emailed them this:

XM855

A dollar a round for 223/5.56?  Are you serious?

I've done buisness with you company in the past but until you stop following in the shoes of those dirt bags from Texas, Cheaper Than Dirt, you will not have my buisness.

I'm sure there are still plenty of lemmings out there.  Day after day, they become fewer and fewer though.  

I buy over 10,000 rds of NATO surplus a year evenly split between 5.56 and 7.62  Sometime much more if there is an exceptional deal to be had.  As of now, I will be buying it elsewhere and urging my many friends to do so as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:37:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: team_oops] [#10]
"Might want to take a look at Midsouth Shooter Supply right now if you're still looking for that H335"

Amen to that.  I checked the website and ordered some H335 not long ago.  They said that literally an order just came in at about noon and they had 44 8lb containers left.  I thought I would share and spread the love around
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 1:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bear223] [#11]
Originally Posted By TTNuge:
Originally Posted By Bear223:
Originally Posted By Walsh:
Originally Posted By phoenix27:
Now I've seen everything. Natchez had Fed M193 ammo "on sale" for $750/1000 plus a stiff shipping fee. The world has definitely gone insane. They must be drinking the same Kool-Aide that S/G was drinking asking $800/1000 for Win M855 ammo a few weeks back. This is totally nuts! Thank the good Lord I don't need to buy any 5.56mm ammo right now and can just sit back and watch this circus from the sidelines.

It might take a few weeks now, but you can get Hornady 55 gr rounds and A2230 powder is not a problem at all to find as of 2 weeks ago. Primers do come in but you might have to wait 4-8 weeks. Reloading, that makes it the most $225/1000.

I've not reloaded any .223 yet (just getting a Dillion 550) but the cost of components is WAY under these price increases which means the sellers of ammo are gouging.

Walsh

Powders NOT a problem...........................Yeah Right ..............Try and get some H335 or H322 right now !!!

Might want to take a look at Midsouth Shooter Supply right now if you're still looking for that H335

I know its in stock..................I had it Backordered....................They are holding it till my RL19 and bullets get in to ship it at the same time which sucks !!! Thanks for the Heads up Anyway

Link Posted: 5/17/2009 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FlashSuppressor:
Originally Posted By BULaw:
I think there will be a crash in ammo prices at some point in the next few years.  The supply demand curve will change and prices will fall accordingly.  On the demand side, the military is already using less ammo in Iraq and as our current president begins his withdrawal plan demand will further decline.  There is a lot of panic buying with rumors that a huge ammo tax will be passed or some other nameless fear.  I think this has little if any chance of happening.  Gun owners are too politically strong right now and will be for the foreseeable future.   When that reality sinks in people who were buying ammo as a profit making strategy will start to dump it before prices go down.  Thus ammo supply will increase.  Ammo manufacturers will begin to increase supply from their end and prices are very likely to fall.  Instead of paying irrational prices for ammo right now I'll be sending an extra donation to the NRA.  IMHO it is a much better "investment" for a gun owner to make.

Hyper inflation that we most certainly will see in the coming years, will drive up ammo prices and the prices of everything else... into the stratosphere. The spending hussein  and the Fed are doing, will ensure that this will happen. You had better buy everything that you want, need or can afford now. Later it will be much higher in price and those prices will continue to climb due to the Dollars value declining because of the massive 10 trillion Dollar Federal debt.

FS

and the price to feed, cloth yourself and family plus gas for you car/truck will compete with Ammo/ammo supplies... Hang on prices rising ride and will have the quality of life go down like the high drop of a rollercoaster...

I remember the top of the dot com bubble feeling in March 2000, I feel it again... The Fed is counterfeiting at such a pace that when prices catch up, we are all gonna be poor and that has been the progressives goal since 1913...
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By docmcb:
Inflation is coming (devalued dollar), an imported ammo restriction is coming (goodbye Wolf, Prvi, and surplus), ...

and people think lower ammo prices are in the future????  

Docmcb gets it... A+
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By shelby67:
I just sent a blistering e-mail to Natchez and hope that you guys will too.

Me too, as follows:

Comment:

I was just browsing your .223/5.56 ammo prices you miserable cock sucking price gougers.

Have a nice day,
Mark (never coming back) Patterson

P.S. Your company motto should read: "Dedicated to Ass Raping the Shooting Enthusiast".

Too much?

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By captclams:

Me too, as follows:

Comment:

I was just browsing your .223/5.56 ammo prices you miserable cock sucking price gougers.

Have a nice day,

P.S. Your company motto should read: "Dedicated to Ass Raping the Shooting Enthusiast".

Too much?

Damn tell them what you really think.LOLLOLLOL (envision me laughing like Sponge Bob)
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Just read in a recent investment mag that commodities are no longer looked at as a good investment as demand will be falling... so steel, copper etc prices will drop as demand falls off with car production, general manufacturing declining.

If that translates into more availability for ammo and barrel production...no clue.  

With decreased demand worldwide, raw material production may decline to keep prices stable. We see it in the oil markets.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By ColdboreDreamer:

Just read in a recent investment mag that commodities are no longer looked at as a good investment as demand will be falling... so steel, copper etc prices will drop as demand falls off with car production, general manufacturing declining.

If that translates into more availability for ammo and barrel production...no clue.

With decreased demand worldwide, raw material production may decline to keep prices stable. We see it in the oil markets.

I think speculation has little to do with the fact ATG, Natchez, and CTD can charge what they are for ammo. Trust me- I am a supply-side type who has more of an understanding of the market than most, not nearly at all compared to some.

I truly feel sorry for those that have just recently felt the joy of hearing that wonderful SPROINNGGGGG coming from the butt stock and having no stash of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By firefightr:

Me too, as follows:

Comment:

Have a nice day,

Too much?

Damn tell them what you really think.LOLLOLLOL (envision me laughing like Sponge Bob)

Sometimes it pays to Email while drinking.

If that translates into more availabiity for ammo and barrel production...no clue.  

I'd imagine it depends on the items manufactured with the raw materials. Copper and brass plumbing products may fall due to the housing market, but as long as hoarders are snapping up all the ammo they can afford ammo prices will remain "what the market will bear". God I hope I'm wrong on that.

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 4:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: v8unleashed] [#19]

Me too, as follows:

Comment:

Have a nice day,

Too much?

There is only one of two things going on here:
1) They are charging prices that are too high, in which case, you shouldn't care, because the same stuff should be readily available elsewhere at a lower price.
2)  The same stuff is not available elsewhere, meaning the price they are charging is the market price.

Would you prefer that they lower the price to, say, $200/k, and sell it all to the first lucky person who loads the web page?  That way the prices will be low, you STILL won't have any ammo, yet you won't even have the option of purchasing it at a higher price.  The way it is now, their high prices are ensuring that you have the option of getting some if you want it.

Saying somebody is price gouging means nothing more than (a) you don't like the price, and (b) don't understand basic economic principles.

Lay off the douchebag next time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 5:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: captclams] [#20]
Originally Posted By v8unleashed:

LOL

They are either price gouging or very poor businessmen.

FWIW here's their reply:

Mr. Patterson,

Currently, in many cases, we are not purchasing ammo from the manufacture but rather, third parties. As an example, we recently purchased several part numbers in federal .223 from another dealer, who purchased it from another dealer, who had purchased it from a distributor who bought it from the factory. While this is very far from our normal practice of buying directly from manufacturers, we have done so in an attempt to be able to provide our customers with product.

Unfortunately, purchasing ammo that has been purchased and shipped  3 times prior results in a higher cost, which results in a higher selling price. Please keep in mind that each of these prior owners each paid freight and each made a profit from selling this product.

While we understand that the price may be objectionable to some, we can now provide a product to our customers for those that want to buy it.

The nice thing is that you have a choice; you can choose to buy it or not to buy it. This is not a necessity like gas, food and shelter.

Thanks,
O.C.

I may be wrong (I often am) but I smell bullshit. They're selling PMC for $600/K, if the above Email is true they're buying up "affordable" ammo (that we could otherwise buy)  and bumping prices for profit. Golly Gee they're swell.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#21]
They lowered the price for XM193 to $13.99 per box. I guess it was not selling so well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Not to change the subject, but ,I find it strange that all primer manuf. are not producing /shipping ,all at the same time . You would think that one of them would be producing primers at any given time .Yes it could be they are using them in there own ammo , but all of them . Not to be one of the conspiracy types , but ya think they all be in this together? Ya ,I've heard about setting up for primer id'ing and all that , but all of them ?There be something more to it , maybe drive up the price because they think BO will tax or put limits to domestic manuf..

This may sound like shit , but just stop buying and see what happens (or curtail it a little), I know there will be a shit storm of people who will any way ,because they think its the end of our way of life ,but we have the power , no matter what the press says or our elected officals think, and thats a fact jack.
I was a class one & three FFL dealer for over twenty years and have never seen any thing like this ! I really can't see the Gov. slowing or trying to stop one the bigest cash cows going right now ,with the economy the way it is, be like shotting your self in the foot ,but saying that , I wouldn't put it past them commie pinko bastiges. Ok ,I feel better now .
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 10:57:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt45Va] [#24]
NOW REDUCED!

Federal XM855/SS109 223 62 gr Green Tip 1000/Box    

Product Number: FAXM855PD  
Product Title: 223 62GR GREEN TIP 1000/BOX
Item Price: $999.50 $949.50  
Availability: In Stock
Shipping Weight: 30.95 lbs.
Equivalent to 18.99 per box of 20! Very Limited Quantity!

We have purchased this ammo from another source to provide our customers the chance to get a product that they want. In doing so, our cost has increased, which has caused an increase in price.    

Lake City SS109
62 gr
Green Tip
Steel core

Packed Bulk 1000/box

I WILL NOT BE SHOOTING ANY OF THESE GOLDEN BULLETS!

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Ammo is not scarce because of lack of raw materials......................Its because people are Buying " TONS " of ammo getting ready for the Collapse/Revolution !!!  
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By v8unleashed:

Me too, as follows:

Comment:

Have a nice day,

Too much?

There is only one of two things going on here:
1) They are charging prices that are too high, in which case, you shouldn't care, because the same stuff should be readily available elsewhere at a lower price.
2)  The same stuff is not available elsewhere, meaning the price they are charging is the market price.

Would you prefer that they lower the price to, say, $200/k, and sell it all to the first lucky person who loads the web page?  That way the prices will be low, you STILL won't have any ammo, yet you won't even have the option of purchasing it at a higher price.  The way it is now, their high prices are ensuring that you have the option of getting some if you want it.

Saying somebody is price gouging means nothing more than (a) you don't like the price, and (b) don't understand basic economic principles.

You must be the freaking Benidicked Arnold who Owns Cheaper than dirt or Natchez.............................Because everyone knows you can find the Exact same Ammo or Mags cheaper Else where !!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#27]
We may be looking at some costing issues due to some "governmental" issues, but I see people walking the gun shows that just weren't there before. When the sheep are finished buying guns and ammo at an alarming rate the market will be flooded and prices will come down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 8:15:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stevemr2t] [#28]
Whooo! Natchezzs has screaming deals tonight

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC3570&src

Just got the instock e-mail.

$530/1000 for Blazer 45ACP  

That is actually more expensive than I just paid for Winchester Ranger Bonded 1000 rounds shipped.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Had to re post this here, cause Natchez is charging $19.99 for the same 9mm ammo (Blazer), I bought yesterday at Walmart for $8.89. That's 300 rounds = $54 + tax from Wally World. Only difference is that I had to get off my ass and drive 5 miles. When this eases, remember all the dealers who wanted to give you the shaft.

Link Posted: 5/24/2009 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Just to add to this thread...

It's not just the prices that have gone up, but quality is down.  After watching prices spike, I figured I had better get some 5.56mm to replenish what I had been shooting recently—haven’t bought 5.56 in about two years (my bad).  And I plan to stop shooting until prices come down, although my two ARs are begging to be taken out.

I picked up a 1,000 case of M855 on GB.  Brand new, 09 NATO head-stamped, still in the Winchester box unopened.  I paid just over $.60/round.

I would say 15% of the rounds have minor dents and dings in the cases and another 2-3% have serious dents in the cases, sometimes in the neck.  I went through a couple of boxes and even the really bad rounds shoot okay.

I have some older M855 from 97 production that I bought years ago and it’s flaweless—exactly what we had in the Marines.

Hopefully these issues don’t impact reliability, but buyer beware!

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Midway can't keep XM-193 in stock at $9.99 per box and Natchezz can't sell out at $15.99 per box. Wonder what the ideal selling price to maximize profit is? I guess people will pay $12.99 if they have too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Jesus H Christ man where the hell can i find Federal auto match .22 I used to see it all over the place now there is none.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey, people, here's a thought, quit buying even piece of s––-, they offer, and soon it will go back down, duh!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Natchez has adjusted down the price of XM=193F to $13.99 per box. Supply and demand and all that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Just out of curiosity what was the going rate for say XM193 or just 5.56/.223 ammo in general prior to the election?

I hate to admit it but I came to contract BRD after the election even though I had made several attempts prior to get infected but the damn AWB had me cockblocked for a while it came into affect right before my 21st B-day. I foolishly sat on my ass after it was lifted. I should have acted sooner.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By firefightr:
Just out of curiosity what was the going rate for say XM193 or just 5.56/.223 ammo in general prior to the election?

I hate to admit it but I came to contract BRD after the election even though I had made several attempts prior to get infected but the damn AWB had me cockblocked for a while it came into affect right before my 21st B-day. I foolishly sat on my ass after it was lifted. I should have acted sooner.

Natchez had XM193 for $6.99 per box in October of 2008, just before the election.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#38]
That's about .35  a round. Damn. Just damn.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#39]
why the fuck are only the commonly used ammo going up like 223, ak rounds, pistol rounds? I'm pretty sure it still cost the same to make the 223 ammo for less than 20 cents a round because the 308 federals at walmart are still at 12.00 for 20 rounds. This price has been the same for most rifle ammo for a decade and is still the same. Fuck whoever started this shit of making the prices go up like crazy after the election and fuck all those suppliers who followed in making the price so high. If I win the lottery one day, I want to make all ammo suppliers go out of business by importing ammo and selling it cheap and wisely making me the only ammo supplier that is honest. the ammo cost more than the gun now....I don't get it. Just like scopes costing more than a gun. Do you know how much it cost to make a scope? I used to work at a high quality scope factory and I have to say, they are making at least 20x the amount of what it cost to make the scope. Now ammunition is following that path. I think we should all stop buying ammo for at least 6 months just to see if the prices will drop back to the 150.00/1000 rnd m193. Anyways, its not called import if a US company goes over seas and starts a ammo factory and then brings the ammo back, right? Has anybody thought of this idea? Our country needs more guns and ammo. geez.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Wolf AK ammo can now be had for $290/1000.  

The bubble is starting to deflate, folks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I second the motion that we all quit buying ammo for the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#42]
There exists the very real possibility that the “shortage” of components caused by the “demand” factor is right now an unstated and unwritten policy of a thoroughly anti-gun administration using the “demand” side of the equation to their advantage. Think about it for a minute. We all pretty much agree with the supply-demand theory of economics. We know the “supply” is limited and we know that “demand” is the reason. But what exactly does the “demand” pie chart look like!!!! No one is considering this side of the equation from a truly knowledgeable position. The "demand" data is known by someone and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s just a sad fact that neither you nor I will ever see it. I’ll bet my hard-earned (soon to be worthless) yankee dollars that if you could see the actual distribution of “demand” across the 3 most mentioned purchasers of ammo (the Feds, the police and the consumer) the largest increase in “demand” will be from the Feds by leaps and bounds. Yes, the consumer is panic buying, yes the police are too, BUT…..with trillions of bucks now at their command, the anti-gun Obama-ites will write contract after contract after contract to “soak” up and store away any excess “supply” that America's now anemic industrial base is capable of producing. Guys, I hope and pray I’m wrong…….but don’t look for an increase in “supply” stemming from a slackening of “demand” on the consumer side because if it does happen as many want to believe, Obama just ain’t going to allow it (can you say... time for a new follow-on contract or modification or extension, ad infinitum). Someone out there PLEASE stick a pin in my balloon and put me out of my misery over this ammo mess by showing me (if you can) where all this “demand” is truly going.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ilbert:
There exists the very real possibility that the “shortage” of components caused by the “demand” factor is right now an unstated and unwritten policy of a thoroughly anti-gun administration using the “demand” side of the equation to their advantage. Think about it for a minute. We all pretty much agree with the supply-demand theory of economics. We know the “supply” is limited and we know that “demand” is the reason. But what exactly does the “demand” pie chart look like!!!! No one is considering this side of the equation from a truly knowledgeable position. The "demand" data is known by someone and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s just a sad fact that neither you nor I will ever see it. I’ll bet my hard-earned (soon to be worthless) yankee dollars that if you could see the actual distribution of “demand” across the 3 most mentioned purchasers of ammo (the Feds, the police and the consumer) the largest increase in “demand” will be from the Feds by leaps and bounds. Yes, the consumer is panic buying, yes the police are too, BUT…..with trillions of bucks now at their command, the anti-gun Obama-ites will write contract after contract after contract to “soak” up and store away any excess “supply” that America's now anemic industrial base is capable of producing. Guys, I hope and pray I’m wrong…….but don’t look for an increase in “supply” stemming from a slackening of “demand” on the consumer side because if it does happen as many want to believe, Obama just ain’t going to allow it (can you say... time for a new follow-on contract or modification or extension, ad infinitum). Someone out there PLEASE stick a pin in my balloon and put me out of my misery over this ammo mess by showing me (if you can) where all this “demand” is truly going.

Theres never a shortage of conspiracy theories on this site! Now replace the tin foil hat and return the sofa....
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]
we hear all about how ammo bubble is about to burst but yet the ammo deals thread seems dry lately. seems to contradict this theory
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]
WTF, Natchez now wants $18.20 per box of XM193. I will never, ever purchase from these Scumbags again. Free market capitalism is one thing,
these jerks are out of control!!!!   I hope everyone remembers this when the prices fall, they are on my shit list.  Done ranting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:01:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jmj999:
WTF, Natchez now wants $18.20 per box of XM193. I will never, ever purchase from these Scumbags again. Free market capitalism is one thing,
these jerks are out of control!!!!   I hope everyone remembers this when the prices fall, they are on my shit list.  Done ranting.

Are they going to fall? I've only had my AR-15 for about a 1.5 years but ammo has jumped considerably since I first got it. I just assumed the prices would "cool off" but never go back to the way it was over a year ago.

Link Posted: 6/4/2009 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#47]
WTH is the deal with pistol ammo ?   AWB I know but hand guns ?   THis is rucked.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Looks like prices are coming down a bit, wolf is down to 290ish/case(223) at palmetto. Gunbroker has lots of ammo up now some at decent prices others still inflated. Used to be hard to find 6.8 ammo without a bid on in. I was finding cheap 6.8 ammo aty local gun shops and find the same selling for 50-75% more on gunbroker. Now things seem to be straightening out slowly. By the end of summmer i could see wolf back to 200/case unless there is some sort of ban.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope so I need to stock up AND I want to get into 6.8 SPC also.
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top