Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 94
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The thing that pisses me off is that I'm not looking to stock up, I just want ammo to shoot with. But whenever a reasonable amount of ammo shows up at a reasonable price, it's gone within seconds only to then show up an inflated prices on gunbroker.

Don't really expect any replies, just venting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
at walmart today, they had boxes of ammo behind the counter still in the large cardboard box. Someone had written "Keep here, sells fast" on the tops of about 5 boxes. Couldnt tell what caliber or manufacturer it was. When  I tried to get someone to help me, management said they were busy and the other workers told me "Oh we cant go behind the counter of sporting goods" Walmart has good prices but lacks basic customer service IMHO>
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That and all wallyworld ever has is .223. I want 5.56 they were good to get my .40 at they never have Shotty ammo though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
All I want from wally world is .22 Federal, Automatch preferably

I can get all the .223 i need at academy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
the bubble is deflating folks!!!!!    thank god.    hopefully some dumb eric holder type doesnt run their mouth and have us back to where we were.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be happy to see 5.56 at 30 cents a round. I'll be buying the crap out of it then I'll be ready to go to 6.8SPC.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
i just got my ar-15 so i haven't been buying .223 for very long, what were the prices like before the election?  the lowest i've seen it is $0.28 per round for the cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MattSFfrd:
i just got my ar-15 so i haven't been buying .223 for very long, what were the prices like before the election?  the lowest i've seen it is $0.28 per round for the cheap stuff.

Well, for the brass .223, it was about $.35 a round locally. Even cheaper if you bought it online in bulk. Hell, it was typical to see 1K of 5.56 shipped for $300. This was, of course, last summer. It kept going up gradually until November and then skyrocketed.

And by cheap stuff, do you mean Wolf or Brown Bear? Because I see that now at $.28 round. But I only shoot brass.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Cheaper than Dirt can suck my balls.

In April their .30 carbine was $59.97 for 120/rds.  In there July catalog it's $124.97!

.45 auto went from $17.89 to $41.79 for 50 rds!

These fucking rape-off artists will never ever get my business again for anything.

I hope the price of ammo goes down and people never forget what the price gougers have done...

[/rant]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By valor19:
Originally Posted By MattSFfrd:

Well, for the brass .223, it was about $.35 a round locally. Even cheaper if you bought it online in bulk. Hell, it was typical to see 1K of 5.56 shipped for $300. This was, of course, last summer. It kept going up gradually until November and then skyrocketed.

And by cheap stuff, do you mean Wolf or Brown Bear? Because I see that now at $.28 round. But I only shoot brass.

yeah i meant wolf/brown bear
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I assumed as much. However, 2 years ago Wolf could have been had for $.15 round.

And, Heuristic, I totally agree about CTD. They were never the best deal back in the day but they were reasonable. Now they are a rip.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Heuristic:
Cheaper than Dirt can suck my balls.

In April their .30 carbine was $59.97 for 120/rds.  In there July catalog it's $124.97!

.45 auto went from $17.89 to $41.79 for 50 rds!

These fucking rape-off artists will never ever get my business again for anything.

I hope the price of ammo goes down and people never forget what the price gougers have done...

[/rant]

+1

Cheaper Than Dirt is absolutely the worst of the worst with that kind of BS (I really loved it when, a month or two ago, all of the .223 in their catalogue was marked "call for pricing").

Of course, they're free to run their business however they please. And we are free to spread the word that they were (by far) the worst of the gougers through all of this.

I'll never buy a damn thing from them again as long as I live.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Just noticed that ctd dropped the price on their m855 from 99c/rd to 79c/rd.  So its gone from insane to only ridiculous.  Screw them!  I hope they choke on it all!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you guys think that $10 a box is fair for WOLF .223 55gr FMJ? Also is $10 a box for WOLF 7.62 x 39 124gr FMJ a fair price? I'm not selling any on here, I just need to know if you guys think that is a fair price. I'm in NC if location matters about pricing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timpryor] [#15]
Originally Posted By Ryan3c:
Do you guys think that $10 a box is fair for WOLF .223 55gr FMJ? Also is $10 a box for WOLF 7.62 x 39 124gr FMJ a fair price? I'm not selling any on here, I just need to know if you guys think that is a fair price. I'm in NC if location matters about pricing.

No that is not fair pricing, you can get it for 5.60 bucks a box from palmetto, though I'd pay up to 6.50 locally just to have it now and not dick with shipping.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Ryan3c:

Can't speak for the 7.62. If you're selling, expect to get flamed on the .223. If you're buying, don't.

Robbery!  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I was as at Gander Mountain tonight and saw they had Winchester White Box 7.62 NATO for sale.  There was no price, so I decided to get a price check.  I figured if it was priced 15 bucks or so I'd get some.  

They wanted 24.99
....for 20 rounds of FMJ 7.62.  They had 50 round boxes of Wolf .40 for 19 bucks also!!  
 How do these people stay in business?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jackal2001:
As of right now, Natchez Fuckers has 16 cases in stock.  I'll go back in a week and see what they have in stock then.

Some retards actually bought this. They are down to 13 cases now.

Down to 12 cases now and the price has gone up to $1075.81

Price is now $799.99. WTF?

Bet the guys that bought it at 1k are gonna be pissed...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By stfram:
As of right now, Natchez Fuckers has 16 cases in stock.  I'll go back in a week and see what they have in stock then.

Some retards actually bought this. They are down to 13 cases now.

Down to 12 cases now and the price has gone up to $1075.81

Price is now $799.99. WTF?

Bet the guys that bought it at 1k are gonna be pissed...

Good, their fucking idiots for even considering buying it at that inflated price let alone actually buying a case
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Went out to a local gun shop and picked up their only box of Blazer Brass .45 Auto for $17.41 (it rang up as $21.99, got it for the lower marked price) and they had plenty of Wolf .45 Auto marked as $21.99 / 50

The same store had a pallet full of AE .223 bulk pack 1000 for $429.99. It wasn't moving and has been there for over a week. A few months earlier they had XM193F for $399.99 / 1000.  So they jack the prices up on a lower grade of ammo and it sits. Good for them.  They did have plenty of ammo on the shelves for crazy prices so it looks like supply is catching up or people are starting to refuse to pay the higher prices,

mfn
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#21]
That is what I'm waiting for. I only have about 400 rnds of 5.56 and I need more but I'm not spending the money they have been asking. I need Shotty ammo though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I wish the price would come back down so I can afford to go out and have fun shooting again.  

-X
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, I wish I could find some decent large rifle primers in stock some where.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stevemr2t:
Whooo! Natchezzs has screaming deals tonight

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC3570&src

Just got the instock e-mail.

$530/1000 for Blazer 45ACP  

That is actually more expensive than I just paid for Winchester Ranger Bonded 1000 rounds shipped.

That was $300 with tax at Wally World last year and my only problem was sneaking it in the house as they had plenty last summer.

Now let's just hope all these people vote in 2010.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 6:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Walsh] [#25]
Originally Posted By ilbert:
There exists the very real possibility that the “shortage” of components caused by the “demand” factor is right now an unstated and unwritten policy of a thoroughly anti-gun administration using the “demand” side of the equation to their advantage. Think about it for a minute. We all pretty much agree with the supply-demand theory of economics. We know the “supply” is limited and we know that “demand” is the reason. But what exactly does the “demand” pie chart look like!!!! No one is considering this side of the equation from a truly knowledgeable position. The "demand" data is known by someone and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s just a sad fact that neither you nor I will ever see it. I’ll bet my hard-earned (soon to be worthless) yankee dollars that if you could see the actual distribution of “demand” across the 3 most mentioned purchasers of ammo (the Feds, the police and the consumer) the largest increase in “demand” will be from the Feds by leaps and bounds. Yes, the consumer is panic buying, yes the police are too, BUT…..with trillions of bucks now at their command, the anti-gun Obama-ites will write contract after contract after contract to “soak” up and store away any excess “supply” that America's now anemic industrial base is capable of producing. Guys, I hope and pray I’m wrong…….but don’t look for an increase in “supply” stemming from a slackening of “demand” on the consumer side because if it does happen as many want to believe, Obama just ain’t going to allow it (can you say... time for a new follow-on contract or modification or extension, ad infinitum). Someone out there PLEASE stick a pin in my balloon and put me out of my misery over this ammo mess by showing me (if you can) where all this “demand” is truly going.

I can't relieve the name you have given to your pain...it is "The Kenyan!" This administration would rather see machetes as the primary home defense tool than a gun.

I have also thought what you stated above and I believe that you are correct. Primers should not be bought the the thousands, but by the tens of thousands. They aren't that expensive compared to the gouging of the finished product.

Walsh
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone else think that we should look thriugh who we purchased from in the past and send them stern letters stating that we have all the ammo we need for the forseable future, and when we do need some, we'll take up self-defense with a crossbow before we buy from them again?

Can I get an "AMEN"?

Walsh
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mike_Tango:
WTH is the deal with pistol ammo ?   AWB I know but hand guns ?   THis is rucked.

You can't find .380 as I'm told they are using those machines to make 9mm and there is a genuyine .380 shortage.

I paid $95 for 500 .380 reloads from Outdoor Marksman last summer just to train every now and then with my KelTek backup gun.

My wife wants me to go sell my ammo at a gun show., I told her to go sell all her shoes first and one pair of flats, oen of heals, one pair of sandles, and one pair of sneakers, and when that happens I'll consider the ammo sale.

The only reason I'd sell my ammo is if when I assemble my Dillon 550 and get started I find mysself proficient enough to sell the stuff in the box. What's the Gunbroker price for 100 WWB 9mm these days? My average price is about $13 thanks to the guys at the range two years ago telling me to go and buy every box they get in. I was hitting WM twice a week for a year as it's on the way home.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ZombieKiller25:
Theres never a shortage of conspiracy theories on this site! Now replace the tin foil hat and return the sofa....

Anyone ever get to the bottom of that DOD order to destroy all spent brass that affected Georgia Arms?

Coincidence my Irish ass!

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By firefightr:
I hope so I need to stock up AND I want to get into 6.8 SPC also.

I got a LWRC gas piston 6.8spc a few months ago. Ammo is NOT cheap at about $1 a round. I'm just getting into reloading and calculated that I can drop the price to $420/1000 rds.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ColdboreDreamer:
Just read in a recent investment mag that commodities are no longer looked at as a good investment as demand will be falling... so steel, copper etc prices will drop as demand falls off with car production, general manufacturing declining.

If that translates into more availability for ammo and barrel production...no clue.  

With decreased demand worldwide, raw material production may decline to keep prices stable. We see it in the oil markets.

Due to car sales plunging the price of lead collapsed last year (batteries) and coppwer dropped by about 50%. Ammo only went up. Don't expect "We cut out the middle man and pass the savings on to you" as it is "we are the middle man too and we get his cut...STUPID."

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 7:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Walsh] [#31]
Originally Posted By Bear223:
Originally Posted By Walsh:
Originally Posted By phoenix27:
Now I've seen everything. Natchez had Fed M193 ammo "on sale" for $750/1000 plus a stiff shipping fee. The world has definitely gone insane. They must be drinking the same Kool-Aide that S/G was drinking asking $800/1000 for Win M855 ammo a few weeks back. This is totally nuts! Thank the good Lord I don't need to buy any 5.56mm ammo right now and can just sit back and watch this circus from the sidelines.

It might take a few weeks now, but you can get Hornady 55 gr rounds and A2230 powder is not a problem at all to find as of 2 weeks ago. Primers do come in but you might have to wait 4-8 weeks. Reloading, that makes it the most $225/1000.

I've not reloaded any .223 yet (just getting a Dillion 550) but the cost of components is WAY under these price increases which means the sellers of ammo are gouging.

Walsh

Powders NOT a problem...........................Yeah Right ..............Try and get some H335 or H322 right now !!!

I know this reply is a month late (I'm not getting updates to subscriptions) but I've managed to obtain various powders over the last six months if one just look once or twice daily at places like PowderValley. I bought 8 one pounders of H332 about 10 days ago. I know it is more expensive than an 8 pound canister, but in the scheme of things, when combined with an order for a friend of Clays that they had in, it was better to have it in hand.

I had no problem (although it is a "job") getting Varget, Tac, and A2230, but I am at my PC a good deal of the day and can click the links. While there surely is a great deal of demand, I think the key is to religiously look daily. I've found that the alerts from Midway USA coming in 2-4 hours late is useless. I managed a good amount, for me, of all primers I will need until well past the next administration by looking at Midway's "Date Expected" and then checking every 30 minutes starting the day before that date.

Walsh
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Plattekill:
Originally Posted By FlaDevmeister:
GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

It's obviously the end of the world. President Obama (which was elected by a majority vote, I remind you) has his own opinions on the proliferation of firearms in this country. But he has his own opinion on a lot of things. Doesn't necesarilly mean he's going to pass a law to enforce his opinions on everybody else. I know he's made claims in the past about possible gun control but he's also got a right to change his mind about something and has been known to do just that......kinda like everyone posting on this site. I know I've changed my mind about things before. Let's also remember the guy went to Harvard and taught Constitutional Law. But I'm done ranting about how irrational it seems that we're going to wake up in the very near future and find that either guns and/or ammo is banned or taxed. There have been solutions discussed but there are a lot of people involved in the process of passing bills that have differing opinions on the subject. Not to mention the NRA and other organizations that are too powerful. There are a helluval lotta gun owners in this country that are Democrats and voted for Obama that also happen to have guns. I'm one of them. When you've got the majority of the country backing you there's not a whole lot one person can do to get a law passed.

Even better is all the posters here and elsewhere that are convinced the country's going to spin into civil war any day now. We've already done that. That's why the civil war is covered in school more a lot more than Vietnam or even WW II was. This country did that 150+ years ago and we are STILL reminded of the lessons we learned in doing so. And the Yugoslavians thought they were cool. Nope, we did it bigger and better than they ever did. Theirs was a minor border skirmish compared to what we did.

I'm anxious to see all the people that have recently stockpiled thousands upon thousands of rounds. One poster made a good point. Nobody actually shooting any of it. It makes you think every time you tap your finger in your AR and $0.75 comes out the end of your barrel. Screw that. I've got four mags loaded for mine and, other than that, I'm out. I have about 1,500 rounds of 5.45x39 (and most of that is sealed in a Spam can) that is used on the off chance of SHTF. I live in Florida and hurricanes are known to come through here. I know all too well what it's like to be out of power for a few days. So the SHTF is an actual possibility for me. I've got batteries, a radio, I stock up on canned food and water in the summer months, and I have enough ammo to make it as long as I need to. Let me emphasize I don't stock up on 6 months worth of canned food and water. Just enough to get me through several days. That's all that I'll be losing power and water. The probability of that is so remote I don't bother. Kinda like the possibility of us going into a civil war is so remote, I don't bother buying 20,000 rounds. The chances are so remote it's just no worth it. Another example is being hit by a meteor. I don't prepare for that either because it's too remote.

I'm looking forward to seeing all these doomsdayers lose their asses at some undetermined point in the future that are stocking it up now. The ones doing this (that is, the ones that actually have money) were the same people buying several houses to either flip them or invest in them. Then lost their asses in real estate. Same people that dumped their F-250's to buy a compact Toyota pick-up. I work as a credit analyst for GMAC and you wouldn't believe all the people dumping their full-size trucks and SUV's a year ago for something better on gas. I'm not kidding you, Chevy Cobalts were flying off the lots before the tires even cooled down. You want to blame somebody or offer consipiracy theories for outlandish ammo prices, the conspirators are the ones buying this stuff up. It means anybody buying stockpiles lately is comlicit and you all get what you deserve. Sooner or later, the bubble will burst in this market. It amazes me that people were saying the same thing about oil last year and real-estate the year before yet they can't make the connection here. Short-term amnesia. People said a year ago gas would be close to $10.00 a gallon by now. I paid $2.07 at the pump the other day. Down from $4.50 at about this time last year. People cut back on their gas consumption and, whadya know, oil prices fell and OPEC associates practically shit themselves.

I've got enough to get me by and shooting is one of my favorite hobbies. I'm gonna do what that other guy said: I'm gonna start biking or hitting nature walks or something. I'm not paying these hyper-inflated bullshit prices. I'm going to wait until the prices get realistic again and then I'll resume. The oil on my hardware won't even be dried by the time that happens. I think what the distributors is doing is horrible but this is the same system we fought and died for to ensure its continuance. Funny how people praise America when it works for them and then get bent when they're on the receiving end. You can't blame the distributors for raping you when you're opening you legs and inviting them. You've got noone to blame but yourselves.

CLASSIC!

It's "Classic" alright. The guy got into Harvard due to the uniqueness of his background/skin, was the head of the Law Review and didn't author one paper (something careers are made upon) and "taught" a law class while he calls the Constitution a flawed document of negative rights.

Obama is crafty, but he is a Marxist ideologue and he is an idiot. He speaks like an idiot, and thinks like an idiot. The most worrisome part is that he is at his core, a coward. And cowards are capable of anything to "get even" with other people.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Am I the only one who hasn't had any trouble finding ammo? Prices are somewhat inflated, but my local gun store literally has every brand and caliber you could want.. Shelves full of ammo. XM193 for more or less reasonable prices ($450/1000). I haven't tried Wal-Mart, as the nearest one is about twice as far as the gun store, so I can't comment on them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#34]
$450 for 1000 at a local store? Please!

Around here, they are still pushing $550-$700 for .223
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 11:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#35]
A little internet gossip here...

On another message board a guy that knows a guy that works at a sporting good store in the Dallas area said he was told by his manager that ammo is about to get MUCH worse. As the story goes,  ammo manufacturers have run through their raw material stocks for the year and are running out of raw materials to maintain production at the current rate. As a result, they are going to start running behind even more than they already are.

Anyone heard anything like this elsewhere?

If true, this sucks because I can't afford to stock up. I have a few more than 1000 rounds of .223/5.56 and while that's quite a bit for me considering how often I get to shoot the AR, it could be a problem long term if there is a major issue. Throw in my recently bought Beretta 92FS (only have about 200 rounds of new 9mm on hand, none of it in self defense rounds) and I'm relatively screwed. I've kept my eyes open for deals and decent prices but it's gona suck if the clock is ticking...
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By FTAggie:

A little internet gossip here...

On another message board a guy that knows a guy that works at a sporting good store in the Dallas area said he was told by his manager that ammo is about to get MUCH worse. As the story goes, ammo manufacturers have run through their raw material stocks for the year and are running out of raw materials to maintain production at the current rate. As a result, they are going to start running behind even more than they already are.

Anyone heard anything like this elsewhere?

If true, this sucks because I can't afford to stock up. I have a few more than 1000 rounds of .223/5.56 and while that's quite a bit for me considering how often I get to shoot the AR, it could be a problem long term if there is a major issue. Throw in my recently bought Beretta 92FS (only have about 200 rounds of new 9mm on hand, none of it in self defense rounds) and I'm relatively screwed. I've kept my eyes open for deals and decent prices but it's gona suck if the clock is ticking...

Look at it this way: Though you may not be seeing much in the way of tactical handgun loads, target type loads, in all calibers, are becoming more and more available. .223 and 7.62 is now all over the place and prices are dropping. The metals market is in the tank. China has stopped hoarding lead and copper. Troops are withdrawing from the cities of Iraq. Sounds more like a glut in the works.

While the worst appears to be over, (IMHO), I think it's wise to have some stash on hand. But no reason to panic buy. This is not to say that as the elections of 2010 approach, panic won't set in again. And maybe with good reason.

Just get what you want as you can afford it. For now, the panic mongers are FOS. IMO  

Link Posted: 6/27/2009 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DSRV:

Just get what you want as you can afford it. For now, the panic mongers are FOS. IMO  

If one can afford it I think getting 10 years of what you need is prudent. Look at it this way....if the price goes down it means they are not after your guns. That's pretty good insurance.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/27/2009 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 2:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snapper692] [#39]
Caught a local mom & pop shop cleaning out a Walmart of ammo today......100 packs of Winchester .40S&W are $22 at Walmart, gun store had them marked up to $50! Federal bulk packs of .22LR were $16 at Walmart, now $35 at the gun store. Nice to know what the real problem with ammo prices really are! Douche bags!
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WhackyPlague:
Am I the only one who hasn't had any trouble finding ammo? Prices are somewhat inflated, but my local gun store literally has every brand and caliber you could want.. Shelves full of ammo. XM193 for more or less reasonable prices ($450/1000). .

While it could always be my particular Bushmaster Gas Piston .223, the very worst ammo it shoots is XM193. When I bring friends to the range their magazines will be loaded with it.

I went to the range yesterday and the S&B was outstanding. While I had to readjust my scope to fire off 15 rounds of 75 grain Blackhills, it was only marginally better. The XM193 is an effort in futility to get anywhere near the center of the target through my rifle.

YMMV,
Walsh

Link Posted: 6/28/2009 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Snapper692:
Caught a local mom & pop shop cleaning out a Walmart of ammo today......100 packs of Winchester .40S&W are $22 at Walmart, gun store had them marked up to $50! Federal bulk packs of .22LR were $16 at Walmart, now $35 at the gun store. Nice to know what the real problem with ammo prices really are! Douche bags!

Why don't you get yourself and a few friends at different times this week to go scream bloody murder at the manager and state that the President and CEO will be getting letters that they are becoming the midddle man for another business that is not providing for their customers, but making a huge profit thanks to Walmart and denying your ability to buy there?

You CAN do something about this!

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/28/2009 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#43]
My local shops were wanting $260 per 500 rounds of wolf black box(not counting tax)  Pitiful.  Another was wanting $500 dollars for a wood stocked 10/22.  They aren't getting anymore of my money....  I'll be buying online I guess
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
In all fairness - that is a pretty crappy thing to do for another gun store though.

This one is like the question on that DMV test when you move to a new state and you read it both ways and you need 27/30 to pass.

If it is that it is a crappy thing to complain such that it affects a gun store, I can only say that they are selling the ammo at $50 (I think the OP said that) and they can surely buy it for $40 somewhere and profit less. The consumer is getting screwed and you know that the gun store isn't writing on the box that it's $22 they paid at Walmart.

My local range will not sell any WWB type ammo as they don't want people thinking they bought it and marked it way up. Is ammo expensive? YEP! But people are throwing it a large multiple of business over two years ago.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/29/2009 2:20:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Am I the only one who hasn't had any trouble finding ammo? Prices are somewhat inflated, but my local gun store literally has every brand and caliber you could want.. Shelves full of ammo. XM193 for more or less reasonable prices ($450/1000). .

While it could always be my particular Bushmaster Gas Piston .223, the very worst ammo it shoots is XM193. When I bring friends to the range their magazines will be loaded with it.

I went to the range yesterday and the S&B was outstanding. While I had to readjust my scope to fire off 15 rounds of 75 grain Blackhills, it was only marginally better. The XM193 is an effort in futility to get anywhere near the center of the target through my rifle.

YMMV,
Walsh

Your rifle sounds ridiculously picky.
Link Posted: 6/29/2009 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#46]

YMMV,
Walsh

Your rifle sounds ridiculously picky.

I have four brands that work well so far and one sucks. I'll take that.

I'll be reloading soon so if I an do well at that I just might sell this other stuff I have.

Walsh

Link Posted: 6/29/2009 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#47]

They don't have the 6 box limit any more?
Link Posted: 6/29/2009 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CAR_16:

They don't have the 6 box limit any more?

All of my Walmarts in CO still do!
Link Posted: 6/29/2009 8:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rippersde50] [#49]
Wrong thread.

Link Posted: 7/1/2009 11:22:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vandal] [#50]
From the "you just lost a customer dept:"

Sportsmans Guide "sale":

E926D-158902 - Prvi Partizan 62 - gr., .223
(5.56x45 mm) M855 FMJBT Ammunition, 1,000 rds.
Sale $809.97

Screw 'em while the screwing is good I guess.
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top