BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/6/2024 10:13:40 PM EDT
Recently got my Bowman M16A1 parts kit. Based on the tag that came with it, and what some folks on reddit said about their tags, these kits probably came from Malaysia. The cool thing about these is they come with a magwell stub, so I’m considering having it rewelded to the back half of an 80% like I’ve seen done.

The kit is very heavily worn with chipped handguards and a cracked buttplate, as expected. The finish is some kind of black paint (I think) that has a lot of wear and has filled in some of the Colt markings, so I’ll have to see if I can remove that from the magwell section, and hopefully the markings are good underneath. Someone went ham on the serial # area, but I’m hoping once I strip that area that it’s not too badly scratched into the metal.

The magazine included is marked Emtan, which is an Israeli company. I’m pretty sure these were just added to the kit, because when I search “emtan magazine” I get a link for Gallo from before they merged with Bowman selling these as IDF surplus mags.

Serial # on the magwell stub is is 9150934, which puts it in the range for 1970s and early 1980s commercial export A1s according to the Variation guide.

I’ll build this one eventually, but figured I’d post my kit for those interested in seeing it, and to start an eventual build thread.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan45678] [#1]
I got cut off with the new member character limit, so here are the photos:

Or all of them here: https://imgur.com/a/aFYGSXV
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I hit mine with aerosol paint stripper and it all came clean. My stock had rack numbers under the black paint and I was able to salvage them after seeing them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, I have some jasco stripper in a can that I'll try first. Didn't think about paint on the furniture, I'll have to give that a shot.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan45678:
Nice, I have some jasco stripper in a can that I'll try first. Didn't think about paint on the furniture, I'll have to give that a shot.
View Quote

I really didn’t either. I was originally just trying to get the red off. I didn’t bother with the handguards as I’ll never use them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:53:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762AP] [#5]
Cool. Thanks for posting the pics. I wondered how beat they were.
What's with the red paint?
Is that how they marked the guns marked for destruct.
Malaysian flunkie LT to bought and paid for Malaysian General: "Which pile are we chopping?"
Bought and paid for Malaysian General: "The ones with red paint on them, the other pile is for my private security firm...."
Is that barrel section on the receiver functional?
There's AK people that would begin a build with that much barrel....
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:56:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762AP] [#6]
Double tap
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen one other kit, and it was slightly better than mine. I prefer that look, just something about original parts used and abused is really satisfying.

I wonder about the red paint too. Maybe red = bad, and we sell it to the silly Americans who like to buy our piles of scrap metal.

Someone might want that short barrel section! I'll hang onto it I didn't think to check before I put it away, but the chamber is probably still good.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
This is what was under the black and red paint. I probably damaged some of it before I realized it was there.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice! How were you able to remove the black paint without also removing the yellow paint underneath?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I sprayed everything with an aerosol paint stripper and was letting it sit. I saw it start lifting and saw the yellow. I quickly washed it off and it didn’t seem to have made it that deep yet. I honestly don’t know how I would do it knowing. I think that was more luck than anything.

The receivers cleaned up pretty nicely too. I already had a Colt barrel and the other furniture so when Brace gets back with me on the graft I should be ready to roll.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s like this place reads my mind. I’ve been fighting off the urge to order one of these kits and this thread isn’t helping.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Baba_Rama_Nana:
It’s like this place reads my mind. I’ve been fighting off the urge to order one of these kits and this thread isn’t helping.
View Quote

I managed to wait a week before I decided I needed one. I think that was almost a month ago, and they’re still in stock, so maybe they’ll eventually put them in one of their package deals or something.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 3:15:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan45678] [#13]
Originally Posted By jwb211:
I sprayed everything with an aerosol paint stripper and was letting it sit. I saw it start lifting and saw the yellow. I quickly washed it off and it didn’t seem to have made it that deep yet. I honestly don’t know how I would do it knowing. I think that was more luck than anything.

The receivers cleaned up pretty nicely too. I already had a Colt barrel and the other furniture so when Brace gets back with me on the graft I should be ready to roll.
View Quote

Looks good! I’ll have to send Braceman an email about getting mine done, he does excellent work from what I’ve seen. Do you know if he has a preference on what 80% to send? I found an A1 80 at Cryostructure for $200[ img]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img] and a regular AR 80 at Thunder Tactical that could probably be reprofiled.

Here is mine after stripping the paint around the colt markings, cleaned up nice.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/d2aNhmx.jpeg[/img]

Edit: I’ll figure out the image/emoji tags one day lol
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 1:11:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jwb211] [#14]

Looks good! I’ll have to send Braceman an email about getting mine done, he does excellent work from what I’ve seen. Do you know if he has a preference on what 80% to send? I found an A1 80 at Cryostructure for $200[ img]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/url] and a regular AR 80 at Thunder Tactical that could probably be reprofiled.

Here is mine after stripping the paint around the colt markings, cleaned up nice.
https://i.imgur.com/d2aNhmx.jpeg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Looks good! I’ll have to send Braceman an email about getting mine done, he does excellent work from what I’ve seen. Do you know if he has a preference on what 80% to send? I found an A1 80 at Cryostructure for $200[ img]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/url] and a regular AR 80 at Thunder Tactical that could probably be reprofiled.

https://i.imgur.com/d2aNhmx.jpeg

I don’t know what he charges as I’ve never had him do a reweld. I had talked to him about one earlier this year but ended up getting screwed on the stub so it never happened. I was under the impression (and I may be incorrect) that he would provide a receiver rear section that he reprofiled.

The Cryostructure receiver may be an option as well. Paul is a good guy. Talk to him and tell him what you’re having done. They worked really hard to get those A1s going. There is a slight chance he may have an A1 receiver that didn’t make his QC but the rear section would be useable for the reweld. If you want a regular 80 to reprofile I know he has some blems in those and cheap too. I got him to send me a couple to practice some mods on. They look good to me on the section you need for sure. Ultimately I guess it comes down to Brace on the labor.

ETA: It did clean up well. Gong to be a nice build.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#15]
Its cool of them to save the magwels.  There for a while all you could get was a side or enough to get a dog tag sized keychain out of it.  May have to order one and see if I could get it to stick to an 80% rear.  Another option is braceman but I think he is swamped.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent off my stub and an 80% lower to Braceman a couple days ago. The 80% I ended up sending was the one from Thunder Tactical, he said it would work, and it turns out I already had a few stockpiled from right before the ATF rule a couple of years ago. Bad news is that I cracked the stub trying to straighten out one of the front ears that goes onto the upper because it was bent inwards like it had been dropped. Good news is Braceman said he could fix it. Not sure how long of a wait to expect, but I’m in no hurry.

Originally Posted By kells81:
Its cool of them to save the magwels.  There for a while all you could get was a side or enough to get a dog tag sized keychain out of it.  May have to order one and see if I could get it to stick to an 80% rear.  Another option is braceman but I think he is swamped.
View Quote

It’s very cool of them, and I’m really happy with the way they did the cuts to save as much as possible. I looked on gunbroker earlier out of curiosity and saw what you’re talking about, I guess it would work to get the markings, but the Bowman stubs have more cool factor for having more of the original.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I sent off my stub and an 80% lower to Braceman a couple days ago. The 80% I ended up sending was the one from Thunder Tactical, he said it would work, and it turns out I already had a few stockpiled from right before the ATF rule a couple of years ago. Bad news is that I cracked the stub trying to straighten out one of the front ears that goes onto the upper because it was bent inwards like it had been dropped. Good news is Braceman said he could fix it. Not sure how long of a wait to expect, but I’m in no hurry.
View Quote

I sent mine to him too. My front ear was also tight. It appears maybe they damaged it slightly in demil. You can force the upper in it so I’ll deal with it when I get it back. I send a blem 80 from Cryostructure as a doner. I’m not exactly what the blem was supposed to be but the rear sections all looked perfect.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#18]

I sent mine to him too. My front ear was also tight. It appears maybe they damaged it slightly in demil. You can force the upper in it so I’ll deal with it when I get it back. I send a blem 80 from Cryostructure as a doner. I’m not exactly what the blem was supposed to be but the rear sections all looked perfect.
View Quote

Mine was pretty bent, the pin would get stuck on the bent side inserting by hand and needed a punch to remove. I didn’t want to try and force it on and risk damaging the upper, but maybe I should have. I knew I was risking damage trying to bend the ear back, which is why I did it before sending it off. I’ll have to see how it lines up when Brace is finished with it, but I won’t be trying to bend it again, that’s for sure!
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160892/894DF441-CBD8-4840-ABEE-D22C99DCF82C_jpe-3235269.JPG
View Quote

Just ordered a kit, did you use citristrip or some other aerosol?

More pics, did the ejection port cover clean up or was it rusted, I found your YouTube yoy should document your build I am doing the same.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By alternativebroccoli:

More pics, did the ejection port cover clean up or was it rusted, I found your YouTube yoy should document your build I am doing the same.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/toast_gif-994.gif
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160892/894DF441-CBD8-4840-ABEE-D22C99DCF82C_jpe-3235269.JPG

It wasn’t citristrip. It was another brand I already had that came from Home Depot. I’ll have to look when I get in t today.

In other news I did get my lower back. I realize afterwards I sent the wrong 80% without forge flash but oh well. I planned on getting this one cerakoted but my guy is out for a few months so I’m trying to decide if I just want to use Molly resin and be done.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#21]

It wasn’t citristrip. It was another brand I already had that came from Home Depot. I’ll have to look when I get in t today.

In other news I did get my lower back. I realize afterwards I sent the wrong 80% without forge flash but oh well. I planned on getting this one cerakoted but my guy is out for a few months so I’m trying to decide if I just want to use Molly resin and be done.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160892/IMG_3703_jpeg-3260382.JPG
View Quote

That looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I do plan to document the whole build. I have a bad habit of recording videos and never editing, but I want to get them out there. I have videos to edit for a few other builds, some complete (FALs, Galil, AK, VZ61) and some in progress (more AKs, this one, and some others).

The ejection port cover on mine looks pretty rusty, but I haven’t done anything with it yet.

For my stub I used Jasco paint/epoxy remover to strip the paint, but it never gets everything. Paint thinner got the rest of it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I also got my lower back from Braceman a few days ago, and it looks really good. There are some divots on the side where he did the engraving that I’lll probably fill (assuming they are not supposed to be there). He fixed my oopsie where I cracked the front ear - he welded just the top of the crack, leaving it open enough to fit on the upper, albeit fairly loosely. I still ended up having to file just a tiny bit in the takedown pin hole on that ear so that it could go in all the way since it isn’t 100% straight. It’s very snug, but now the pin fits. I may have to do something about the looseness, although not having something to compare to it could just be normal for a build like this when compared to my PSA AR15.

Before the reweld (my oopsie trying to bend the ear):

After the reweld/reprofile by Braceman:

I have a barrel coming from PSA, and my plan right now is to use Norrell’s moly resin in their grayish black Colt flat. Before I do that I’ll have to get everything fully disassembled, the paint stripped, and the 80% finished out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Looks good! I’m excited to see how yours turns out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#25]
More pics, did the ejection port cover clean up or was it rusted
View Quote

I think it’ll clean up ok
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

This is what I had.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 3:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwb211] [#27]
I also got my lower back from Braceman a few days ago, and it looks really good. There are some divots on the side where he did the engraving that I’lll probably fill (assuming they are not supposed to be there). He fixed my oopsie where I cracked the front ear - he welded just the top of the crack, leaving it open enough to fit on the upper, albeit fairly loosely. I still ended up having to file just a tiny bit in the takedown pin hole on that ear so that it could go in all the way since it isn’t 100% straight. It’s very snug, but now the pin fits. I may have to do something about the looseness, although not having something to compare to it could just be normal for a build like this when compared to my PSA AR15.

Before the reweld (my oopsie trying to bend the ear):
https://i.imgur.com/FHcbd89.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/OFIiIil.jpeg

After the reweld/reprofile by Braceman:
https://i.imgur.com/b4Zq0Qc.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2Dyg4ph.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/8tfKQhY.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/CxvgIQ2.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/R1AV5a5.jpeg

I have a barrel coming from PSA, and my plan right now is to use Norrell’s moly resin in their grayish black Colt flat. Before I do that I’ll have to get everything fully disassembled, the paint stripped, and the 80% finished out.
View Quote

I started cleaning up my lower but decided screw it. I took various items and “aged” the rear to match rest. My front ear had a little smush on it too. I was going to repair it when I got it back but Brace did it on his own.

Looks good! I’m excited to see how yours turns out.
View Quote

I’m milling on it now.

ETA: Done. I just need to decide what I’m going to coat it with and assemble.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I absolutely LOVE seeing these being brought back to life via a Braceman reweld!  I’ve done a 601 and several XM16E1 rewelds
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice!
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#30]

I started cleaning up my lower but decided screw it. I took various items and “aged” the rear to match rest. My front ear had a little smush on it too. I was going to repair it when I got it back but Brace did it on his own.

I’m milling on it now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160892/IMG_3756_jpeg-3260770.JPG
View Quote

Great job, turned out awesome.  I have used norrels extensively over existing anondizing and raw aluminum, if you go this route you should consider sand blasting, norrels needs something  to stick to ive had it chip off raw aluminum that is too smooth. (Inside the fcg pocket especially, if you have any surfaces that smooth you need to prep them.)

Did brace man do the roll marks on the 80% or did you have cyro do that? It looks great I’m going to try and replicate your results.

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 9:49:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwb211] [#31]

Great job, turned out awesome.  I have used norrels extensively over existing anondizing and raw aluminum, if you go this route you should consider sand blasting, norrels needs something  to stick to ive had it chip off raw aluminum that is too smooth. (Inside the fcg pocket especially, if you have any surfaces that smooth you need to prep them.)

Did brace man do the roll marks on the 80% or did you have cyro do that? It looks great I’m going to try and replicate your results.

View All Quotes

I’m milling on it now.

I have some Norrels and that’s what I’m leaning towards. What I don’t have is a sandblasting cabinet anymore. I lost mine in a house fire years back and never replaced it. It seems like everything else and the prices are ridiculous. I need to bite the bullet and just go get another one.

Brace did the non trademark marking.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]

I have some Norrels and that’s what I’m leaning towards. What I don’t have is a sandblasting cabinet anymore. I lost mine in a house fire years back and never replaced it. It seems like everything else and the prices are ridiculous. I need to bite the bullet and just go get another one.

View Quote

Inrangetv used to have a video by deviant plan that used a pancake compressor and a cheap harbor freight hopper style sand blaster to achieve what might be needed.  That’s what I am going to do, no need to go overboard with a whole cabinet, you could probably get away with 800-1000 grit to be honest, just make sure it isn’t smooth.

Norrels is so awesome, very durable and a perfect match but you need to make sure it sticks, preheat, and maintain the temperature so it doesn’t turn green.  It just looks so much more authentic than duracoat imho.  I use a small variable flow airbrush to achieve consistent and repeatable results.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:54:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwb211] [#33]

Inrangetv used to have a video by deviant plan that used a pancake compressor and a cheap harbor freight hopper style sand blaster to achieve what might be needed.  That’s what I am going to do, no need to go overboard with a whole cabinet, you could probably get away with 800-1000 grit to be honest, just make sure it isn’t smooth.

Norrels is so awesome, very durable and a perfect match but you need to make sure it sticks, preheat, and maintain the temperature so it doesn’t turn green.  It just looks so much more authentic than duracoat imho.  I use a small variable flow airbrush to achieve consistent and repeatable results.
View All Quotes

I want to also sandblast a more uniform texture to the receiver along with giving it a better adhesion. I did a few a couple of months ago without blasting after the anodizing I had done didn’t look right to me. They turned out pretty good but I had a few little blems. Probably more to do with the Harbor Freight airbrush than anything. I had a really nice iawata setup I did duracoat out of years back but it was another fire victim.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 1:48:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 17Liberty76:
I absolutely LOVE seeing these being brought back to life via a Braceman reweld!  I’ve done a 601 and several XM16E1 rewelds
View Quote

I agree. These demilled Colt resurrections are fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#35]

I’m milling on it now.

View Quote

If you go the cerakote route and want to match the aged magwell,  I had good luck matching other front magwells using their burnt bronze color as a base, mixing up some sniper grey, burnt bronze, socom black, and bazooka green as a light top coat, then wet sanding it through for the wear.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought one after seeing this thread and followed along.

Who is this Braceman who will weld on a new fcg section and how do I contact him?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 3:06:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#37]

View Quote

I had a lengthy discussion about this with some guys on a builder's discord. We initially suspected it was damage during demil, but determined later that it was unlikely.

One guy had vise jaw marks on his front stub pivot ears. It's impossible to for that to happen without completely removing the front pivot pin, as it is wider than the receiver itself and would prevent vise jaws from touching the receiver. I highly doubt the people doing the cuts would bother to do this, as it accomplishes nothing, plus the stubs still had the front pins installed instead of being shoved in the small parts bag.

We then considered the possibility Malaysian armorers decided to go the bubba route of bending the front pivot ears to reduce receiver wobble - which is idiotic. An o ring around the rear takedown lug or a makeshift accuwedge gets that job done in a nondestructive manner.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 1:31:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alternativebroccoli] [#38]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwb211] [#39]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice Job!!!

I have a couple old kits I need to put together, I'm going to use the H&R lowers from Palmetto but I need a couple barrels, any idea where to get barrels would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good! Is that the Norrell’s that you used for the finish?

Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:
I have a couple old kits I need to put together, I'm going to use the H&R lowers from Palmetto but I need a couple barrels, any idea where to get barrels would be appreciated.
View Quote

Palmetto also has new 1:7 and 1:12 20” H&R barrels. I got the 1:12 for my build.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Palmetto also has new 1:7 and 1:12 20” H&R barrels. I got the 1:12 for my build.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:

Yes, it was the Norells

On that one I used a Colt barrel but have ordered a couple from Green Mountain before.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Received my Bowmans M16A1 kit last week, bought it around the 4th when the price dropped.  Compared to some kits I seen on the internet it is in pretty decent shape, only thing missing was the firing pin, fire pin retainer pin and safety detent.  Still deciding if I want to go through Braceman to repair the chopped receiver or go with H&R.  Would I need to send Braceman a A1 80% lower or will any A2 work and he can reprofile it?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lone_Gringo:

Received my Bowmans M16A1 kit last week, bought it around the 4th when the price dropped.  Compared to some kits I seen on the internet it is in pretty decent shape, only thing missing was the firing pin, fire pin retainer pin and safety detent.  Still deciding if I want to go through Braceman to repair the chopped receiver or go with H&R.  Would I need to send Braceman a A1 80% lower or will any A2 work and he can reprofile it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/466249/DSC_0105_JPG-3272560.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/466249/DSC_0104_JPG-3272561.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/466249/DSC_0106_JPG-3272562.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/466249/DSC_0107_JPG-3272563.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/466249/DSC_0108_JPG-3272564.JPG
View Quote

You can send him an A2 to reprofile.

I thought about ordering a few more of them but don’t really want anything besides the lower stub.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#47]

I thought about ordering a few more of them but don’t really want anything besides the lower stub.
View Quote

Thanks.  Yeah its a real gamble on these, I got lucky but wont buy another one.  Your rifle turned out amazing, nicely done. I would like have a nice blended patina between the upper and lower like yours.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tstetz] [#48]

View Quote

It depends on the A2. I sent him two in the Spring, and out of the ones I had only two of the six he said would work for a reprofile.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I just commented on your YT video the other day asking who did the weld work and source of the 80% lower.

I think I found Mr. Braceman's email in another post, so Ill drop him a line and order that raw lower.

Great info posted here! Nice work on your builds too.

Will use it to get started cleaning my Bowman parts kit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Lone_Gringo:

Thanks.  Yeah its a real gamble on these, I got lucky but wont buy another one.  Your rifle turned out amazing, nicely done. I would like have a nice blended patina between the upper and lower like yours.
View Quote

Yeah, the split magwell would have aggravated me. I appreciate it. I sprayed my upper and lower to blend it in.

Originally Posted By tstetz:

It depends on the A2. I sent him two in the Spring, and out of the ones I had only two of the six he said would work for a reprofile.
View Quote

Interesting. I'm not sure what the difference would but apparently got lucky with the one I sent.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top