Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 18 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coldblue:
Received the Matrix Side Charger Upper I ordered Monday from Matrix yesterday. I am very impressed with their quality and customer service. The extra material they have added to the receiver's left side to support the charger adds a little weight, but then again it strengthens the unit as well. To me, the sliding 'dust covers' of their charger is very much 'AR-10ish,' and I like that a lot!
View Quote

So with this sliding dust-cover, there's no protrusion that slides out towards the shooter's face when you rack the bolt? That sounds like quite an advantage, not having to have a small opening at the rear and not poking anything out at the wielder.

You'll have to post an image of your new configuration once you get it all together.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MatthewVanitas:

So with this sliding dust-cover, there's no protrusion that slides out towards the shooter's face when you rack the bolt? That sounds like quite an advantage, not having to have a small opening at the rear and not poking anything out at the wielder.

You'll have to post an image of your new configuration once you get it all together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MatthewVanitas:
Originally Posted By coldblue:
Received the Matrix Side Charger Upper I ordered Monday from Matrix yesterday. I am very impressed with their quality and customer service. The extra material they have added to the receiver's left side to support the charger adds a little weight, but then again it strengthens the unit as well. To me, the sliding 'dust covers' of their charger is very much 'AR-10ish,' and I like that a lot!

No protrusion like gibbz/x-roducts/AFA (all probably based of a single CNC plan).

Also I can tell you for a fact ALG handguards and almost certainly all handguards that have anti rot tabs on top will fit with the latest design.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By coldblue:Received the Matrix Side Charger Upper I ordered Monday from Matrix yesterday. I am very impressed with their quality and customer service. The extra material they have added to the receiver's left side to support the charger adds a little weight, but then again it strengthens the unit as well. To me, the sliding 'dust covers' of their charger is very much 'AR-10ish,' and I like that a lot!
View Quote

Yes. FYI my matrix has no issues so far. I have spoken with matrix engineers with some questions from before I got it and since, and they have excellent cust service, even getting back to me on weekends.
To confirm: You got one that looks like mine, ie the newer CNC plan, with the new cut outs for better free float handguard mounting, and not like the pics of the older version still on Matrix site?

EG; ,my pics of mine received about two weeks ago,:
http://nyfirearms.com/forums/rifles/110718-ares-scr-side-charging-upper.html#post1288831

and not this as still shown on Matrix site:
https://www.matrix-arms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/face2_sc.jpg

Matrix engineers say they have done this a while back to better accommodate free floats, and it definitely does It will be good to have second data point that the older model are not still in distribuition pipeline

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCRowner] [#8]
Originally Posted By coldblue:New Question, what's with what appears as a steel hex bushing for the gas tube passage at the front of the upper...? Support for piston rod extensions...
View Quote

My questions so far to the matrix engineer that exact same question about two weeks ago when I received mine were:

"Guys,
The 556 upper I received is somewhat different that pictured on the site.  The front (barrel interface) is most different.  No complaint on that because it actually seems like it will accommodate topside and bottom anti rotation tabs for a handguard with less dremeling of the handguard than the interface I see pictured on your site.
Is this a newer model/iteration?

Secondly, I have only installed the upper on my lower receiver and don’t expect full build for three or four weeks. But first inch of movement of the charging handle is very difficult. Do you expect that it will work its way smoother?

Thirdly is the hex wrench port forward of the charging handle for user service or just assembly ?"

Their answers were:
"The anti rotation feature has been added recently changing the look of the front of the receiver.
The screw on the front is mainly just to cover a hole to help keep dirt out etc.
That first inch of pull could be the bolt locking in and out of the barrel and friction of the bolt inside the carrier. The receiver should be free without the bolt carrier in it other than the detention lock "

I have not asked about the bushing (yet)

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SCRowner:

My questions so far to the matrix engineer that exact same question about two weeks ago when I received mine were:

"Guys,
The 556 upper I received is somewhat different that pictured on the site.  The front (barrel interface) is most different.  No complaint on that because it actually seems like it will accommodate topside and bottom anti rotation tabs for a handguard with less dremeling of the handguard than the interface I see pictured on your site.

Secondly, I have only installed the upper on my lower receiver and don’t expect full build for three or four weeks. But first inch of movement of the charging handle is very difficult. Do you expect that it will work its way smoother?

Thirdly is the hex wrench port forward of the charging handle for user service or just assembly ?"

Their answers were:
"The anti rotation feature has been added recently changing the look of the front of the receiver.
The screw on the front is mainly just to cover a hole to help keep dirt out etc.
That first inch of pull could be the bolt locking in and out of the barrel and friction of the bolt inside the carrier. The receiver should be free without the bolt carrier in it other than the detention lock "

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coldblue:New Question, what's with what appears as a steel hex bushing for the gas tube passage at the front of the upper...? Support for piston rod extensions...

"Guys,

Their answers were:

When you were cycling the action, did you have a bolt in the carrier and a barrel in the upper?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:46:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCRowner] [#11]
Ok, I have the action aspects all put together and tested.  Ares MC lower, Matrix SC upper (newer model not pictured on their site), Ballistic Advantage 556 hanson 16" .625 mid gas with lo pro and ALG EGR handguard, assembly was with pasticrevolition vice holder compatible with side chargers. All tests with snap caps worked fine. fired 200 rounds though variety of mags with out any problem. Cycling of charger is fine.

My 4x1 mtac is not mounted as I got seekins low rings (0.82")neglecting to properly measure zoom ring which my calipers show is 44.5mm . Vendor is taking those back and I am getting seekins mid high (0.92). this was helpful: http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator

I drilled flush QD mount on stock.

I put in KAC ambi mag release. It is very well made, well engineered -- and has excellent written installation instructions. But for me it is a no go. It does not work well for left handed SCR release as it is designed for left handed trigger finger release on AR and is too far back on ARES assuming what I need: right hand shooter, maintaining a right hand hold on stock and attempting a left hand mag release (with thumb) and left hand mag pull at same time.

I am going  got look at Norgon and Troy and try and determine from videos whether these will work better for ares right hand shooter attempting left hand mag grab and left thumb press on release.

On my new MC with Side charge upper build I don't believe I need backup sites as mtac has etched reticle so it works without batteries, and acquisition is very fast.
On my older Sporter with back charger, which was cannibalized of its MTAC for new build, I will test with  strkefire II (low ring) or fastfire iii I have laying around. As those are battery dependent, I am looking at small iron back up options.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Also I am glad I went with light barrel and light handguard as this has balance point more rearward and facilitates right handed shooter right handhold while working controls (charger, mag and bho releases)
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Also I am glad I went with light barrel and light handguard as this keeps  balance point more rearward and facilitates right handed shooter acceptable  right handhold without benefit of  AR grip, while working controls (charger, mag and bho releases)
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

When you were cycling the action, did you have a bolt in the carrier and a barrel in the upper?
View Quote

I did try that but I did not want to let it free fly forward without a barrel. so I did it with a) no bcg (were it was smooth), and b) with bolt and barrel where first inch was initially just a it rougher than my stock scr.. On assembly yesterday I oiled everything up for the first time and had no issues at all. Perhaps it was burr or perhaps it was some stickiness with dust cover
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]
So it looks like it is now asserted as  illegal to sell new SCR in Mass.
Mass AG guidance says no lowers that use 2 parts from AR-15. SCR has 2 (mag and charging handle). They put this guidance in immediately without warning and with immediate effect.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Mass AG guidance says no lowers that use 2 parts from AR-15. SCR has 2 (mag and charging handle). They put this guidance in immediately without warning and with immediate effect.

View Quote

Lower doesn't have a charging handle, but it does use the AR mag catch, and the bolt catch if you install one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Lower doesn't have a charging handle, but it does use the AR mag catch, and the bolt catch if you install one.
View All Quotes

a) as far as I can tell the Mass Attorney General seems saying is per se  illegal now to sell a new full built Ares SCR.

b) in terms of lowers only, constructive possession law, test whether you would have another use. ie owning a Pict. rail mounted vertical foregrip not being illegal if you onw a crossbow with a lower Pict rail)   IMHO the state would have a slam dunk that there is no other use for an Ares lower except with an AR or enumerated type upper.  Bolt catch is not mentioned but AR 15 mag well is objectively present in the lower and the lower has no use
and it is not whether lowert has a charging handle at retail is irrelevant, it is whether it passes the "intterchanbilty test, which it does:
Interchangeability Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if it has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of an Enumerated Weapon. A receiver will be treated as the same as or interchangeable with the receiver on an Enumerated Weapon if it includes or accepts two or more operating components that are the same as or interchangeable with those of an Enumerated Weapon. Such operating components may include, but are not limited to: 1) the trigger assembly; 2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group; 3) the charging handle; 4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or 5) the magazine port.

Note both: "incudes or accepts"  and "may include but are not limited to"

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RogueNathan:
We are looking at the combination ARAK/SCR. The ARAK does not accept AR-15 bolts/carriers, etc.

We believe it will be legal per the definition, but are pending legal opinions.
View Quote

Keep in mind Mass only for this idiocy that may affect SCR. Not Cali, NY, DC MD etc,
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Another option for Massachusetts might be the 7.62x39 AK mag hybrids w/ the longer bolt carriers that won't fit anything else.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCRowner] [#22]
Discussion on left/ambi catch/releases for right handers on  SCR looking at position of seven aftermarket models:

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/rifles/111994-ares-scr-mag-release-options-experiences.html

Here is KAC on mine (lower of my two SCRs), which maybe a great choice for others, but is wrong for me and I will be replacing it with either Troy; or thordson or Power Custom pending some questions I have into them, In short the KAC maybe excellent for some users but the fact that is furthest back of all the choices makes it the worst option for me, as while putting my left hand fingers around the mag, stretching my thumb to the extreme is least comfortable and least leverage on the button.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I tried the Troy ambi mag release and it did not fit on the SCR.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By backbencher:

Another option for Massachusetts might be the 7.62x39 AK mag hybrids w/ the longer bolt carriers that won't fit anything else.
View Quote

There are only six SR47s in existence and all of them are post 86 machine guns.  Somehow, I don't think they're MA legal.  The CMMG Mutant takes a larger diameter bolt carrier.  Other than that, all of the AK may hybrids use standard bolt carriers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hanz:I tried the Troy ambi mag release and it did not fit on the SCR
View Quote

The troy fits  upside down. You just drive the pin attached to the lever through, flip the lever and put th epin back. I should have mentioned that in my notes on each. I think some pics on this thread or on cal guns show a few people who have done that
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#26]

The troy fits  upside down. You just drive the pin attached to the lever through, flip the lever and put th epin back. I should have mentioned that in my notes on each. I think some pics on this thread or on cal guns show a few people who have done that

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Hanz:I tried the Troy ambi mag release and it did not fit on the SCR

Thanks, I'll have to give it another look.  I do like the Knights though.  I was bent that I bought the Troy and then couldn't use it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rocklax] [#27]
Still needs a few bits, but I'd say 85-90% complete.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hanz:Thanks, I'll have to give it another look.  I do like the Knights though.  I was bent that I bought the Troy and then couldn't use it.
View Quote

[ I have to break up post as I am limited new account in characters allowed]

Of the seven brands I can find I have evaluated four (KAC, Troy, Norgon, Power Custom) directly on SCR. Of the other three: the Thordson UBMR is not going to work with the mag well, and I have not tired the Sig due to availability (it is not an offically retailed item), nor the HVA which seems acceptable.

So, keep in mind,  none of these are designed for our use which is:
1) ideally ARes or someone would see a market for dedicated and designed SCR right hand trigger finger reachable release (no ambis will do this for us)

2) second best is using an ambi -- which is for right handers is  a left hand release in a positon that allows depression by side of thumb pressed laterally (a tiny muscle compared to index finder contraction) while wrapping fingers around front of mag. Essentially left hand in  "thumbs up" wrapped around front of mag, and then imagine where thumb would be naturally.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Ones I have tried:
KAC works out of the box. My opinion is  KAC is way way too far back. KAC is really an extremely articulated ambi for "3 gun" shooters who are actually left handed -- and who are not going to be put at risk of life (ie combat or self defense use) with an accidental mag dump.

Norgon works out of the box. It is  least likely to see  accidental mag release or snag if carried barrel down ready front. But it is also about left  hand shooters and is hard to push on SCR as it is designed also for stronger muscle of action index finger pushing forward instead of thumb pressing sideways.Norgon is very close to BHO.

Troy works with a two minute mod if you have a thin punch and turn paddle upside down. In my opinion this is best position after power custom, with Troy second furthest forward on gun.

Power custom: This seems designed for right handers using left hand to release and strip mag. It is position furthest forward. It would be the optimum for for right hand SCR users except two problems. a) you would need to take it apart and mill the catch or it will not seat in a way to hold the mag on the SCR lower. b) its paddle is huge and it looks like it may be most prone to accidental bump and dump accidental release of mag.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Of the three I have not tried:
-Thordson UBMR -- good positon but a no go with our shallow/short magwell
- sig Sauer: looks like fairly good solution, and cheap at $40, but rarely avalaible. It is also designed for a sig receiver that is "gated" ie has raised areas to reduce risk of snag or bump and dump and that maybe more likely on Ares without gating.
HVA: looks workable but further back than optimal, doesn't seem to have advantage over cheaper troy or more secure norgon.

This is just my opinion, but I would say Norgon and Troy are best current options. Norgon has a slight advantage on lowered risk of snag or bump and dump, Troy an advantage in speed and ease. I will go with Troy on my two SCRs. For me these are not combat firearms so I am not too concerned with dump from rifle slung at the moment I need it.  Troy certainly is less likely to see a dump than HVA or PC, and no more likely than sig or KAC.  to the degree the rifle has a self defense or SHTF role for me, I do  live in a fkwit 10 round state so I will want some speed capability where Troy has an advantage for me.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#31]
SCRowner, thanks for the review of the available options.  Those catches ain't cheap, and neither is return shipping.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#32]
SCRowner, thanks for the review of the available options.  Those catches ain't cheap, and neither is return shipping.
View Quote

thanks. on the NY firearms thread I have some pics as well. some on SCR some on generic AR. people can use those to visualize where they would depress with their thumb. with the pics on non SCR guns you need to orient where it would be visualizing SCR.

I found lots of info and reviews of pros and cons of norgon vs troy vs others on the net, but virtually all based on ergonomics of  left hand shooter using left trigger finger on AR, which is very different than ergonomic considerations for  SCR right hand shooters using left hand and left thumb.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I currently have the Knight's one on the left with a V7 extended on the right.  Might not keep it that way, but it gives me possibilities for releasing with either hand (no, I can't reach the V7 with out shifting my hand forward, but I do have a somewhat effective method for doing so.)

The thing that I appreciate about the Knight's position is that if I bring my left hand back to the magwell and extend my thumb straight back (well, as straight back as anatomically possible), then it hits is perfectly.  For the others, I would also bring my hand back to the magwell, but would keep my thumb at more a 90-degree to the line of my fingers.  It's natural, but the mag release and bolt catch/release are easy to mix up.

For fun, I popped the pin on the Knight's lever and turned it around.  Obviously, it won't function as built (lever pivot is on main bar of mag release), but an inch longer and it would be pretty effective.  Really, though, I'd like to just permanently affix the lever to the right side (not more pivoting, since the action is in the opposite direction.)  It would stick back far enough for me to reach it with my right hand without adjusting my grip.

Unrelated question: anyone have particular trouble loading a magazine on a closed bolt with their SCR.  I really have to slam it to get the magazine catch to engage.  On an open bolt, it's easy, but not on a closed one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:  Unrelated question: anyone have particular trouble loading a magazine on a closed bolt with their SCR.  I really have to slam it to get the magazine catch to engage.  On an open bolt, it's easy, but not on a closed one.
View Quote

Download 2 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#35]

Download 2 rounds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarpNY:  Unrelated question: anyone have particular trouble loading a magazine on a closed bolt with their SCR.  I really have to slam it to get the magazine catch to engage.  On an open bolt, it's easy, but not on a closed one.

Download 2 rounds.

That works in the rest of the country, where you're going from 30 to 28 or from 20 to 18.  It might even be worth it in most of NY, where you're going from 10 to 8.  Not really practical in Rochester, where you're going from 5 to 3.  

Note: I don't have a problem when using an AR lower.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

That works in the rest of the country, where you're going from 30 to 28 or from 20 to 18.  It might even be worth it in most of NY, where you're going from 10 to 8.  Not really practical in Rochester, where you're going from 5 to 3.  

View All Quotes

Download 2 rounds.

My apologies.  I missed that you're forward of the FLOT.  You using the little ProMag steel 5-rounder?  Haven't had an issue w/ mine, but then I don't have an SCR.  You could buy another one, and try relieving a bit on the mag catch hole?

Since you're good to go for duck season, has anyone tried the Turkish .410" upper on the SCR?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Try shortening the legs on the follower
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarpNY:  That works in the rest of the country, where you're going from 30 to 28 or from 20 to 18.  It might even be worth it in most of NY, where you're going from 10 to 8.  Not really practical in Rochester, where you're going from 5 to 3.  

This is the better idea, but be careful not to take off too much, given where you're @.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:55:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#39]
My apologies.  I missed that you're forward of the FLOT.  You using the little ProMag steel 5-rounder?  Haven't had an issue w/ mine, but then I don't have an SCR.  You could buy another one, and try relieving a bit on the mag catch hole?
View All Quotes

This is the better idea, but be careful not to take off too much, given where you're @.

I've got several brands of 5-rounders: Tapco 5/30 polymer, Bushmaster 5/10 steel and Brownell's 5/5 steel w/ waffle extensions.  The latter had terrible followers out of the box (they tilted so badly that they almost always failed to feed every even-numbered round), so I replaced them with Magpul followers with cut down legs (fortunately, the mags were cheap and so were 3-packs of Magpul followers.)  They function flawlessly with my AR lowers, including inserting on a closed bolt.  However, neither they, nor any of my 5-rounders, will go into the SCR on a closed bolt without great force.  Unfortunately, I tried cutting a little off of the legs of one and, even without getting to the point of holding 6 rounds, they started tilting so badly that they failed to feed many rounds.  

Not sure why the SCR is that little bit worse, but it sounds like I will need to load the first mag on an open bolt (or make sure to give it a heavy slap), since I don't want to cut the legs any more.  Seems like the 5-rounders have to tread such a fine line between too tight to insert and too loose to avoid tilting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like your mag catch slot might be a little higher than spec.  Try filing down the top edge of a mag catch, just the part that protrudes into the magwell.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like your mag catch slot might be a little higher than spec.  Try filing down the top edge of a mag catch, just the part that protrudes into the magwell.  
View Quote

I have an extra, so I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my lower back from Ares with the upgraded trigger.

Huge difference! Same short take up, but way lighter. Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:08:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Hanz:
Some more range time today

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JBezVe" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7358/27965712171_4d1b6f3db3_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQK1i" target="_blank">https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7318/27429379853_f0bd3ecd10_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQJRv" target="_blank">https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7607/27429379343_e738cc2e2b_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQJLa" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7312/27429379033_748dd41efa_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQJdX" target="_blank">https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7317/27429377223_127980dff6_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JBeox4" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7319/27965673881_14a8cdd8ad_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr
View Quote

This is perfection of the SCR in my opinion. It is almost the exact same build i was planning, except i wanted to leave it irons only for as long as i could and include a weapon light.

Who makes the extended mag release?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By MDStroup:
This is perfection of the SCR in my opinion. It is almost the exact same build i was planning, except i wanted to leave it irons only for as long as i could and include a weapon light.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Originally Posted By Hanz:

Some more range time today

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JBezVe" target="_blank">https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7358/27965712171_4d1b6f3db3_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQK1i" target="_blank">https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7318/27429379853_f0bd3ecd10_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQJRv" target="_blank">https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7607/27429379343_e738cc2e2b_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQJLa" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7312/27429379033_748dd41efa_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HMQJdX" target="_blank">https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7317/27429377223_127980dff6_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JBeox4" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7319/27965673881_14a8cdd8ad_h.jpg</a>Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

That's a Knights Armament ambi mag release.  It's been a fun project and rewarding to shoot.  I'd love to take credit but it's been a collaboration of ideas from this thread.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#45]
They still making these?  There's only 1 on GB for $1150..
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Very nice!! I finally ordered a pair of ASA Upper for my SCR lower. One with the .458 ejection size.. was thinking bout getting another lower, but theyre... all.. gone....
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Andromax:
Very nice!! I finally ordered a pair of ASA Upper for my SCR lower. One with the .458 ejection size.. was thinking bout getting another lower, but theyre... all.. gone....
View Quote

Really?  I have another build I want to do.  Gotta finish this one first though
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
Got my lower back from Ares with the upgraded trigger.

Huge difference! Same short take up, but way lighter. Very nice!
View Quote

How long did it take from the time you sent it out to them?
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 18 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top