Site Notices
Page / 61
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-4matus:

@cms81586
Looks like a great time, nice guns , nicer optic, I wish you showed the Described Rifle in your images more clearly.  I'd like to see it.
View Quote
@M-4matus

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the infancy stage of building a new go to rifle. 13.7 barrel pinned muzzle device and pinned gas block. YHM Turbo, MI slim rail, bootleg Adjustable BCG, Colt upper receiver, Aero LPK, PSA lower and topped off with Vortex Viper gen 2 1-6 in MI mount. Waiting on tax stamp for can. It is at 12 months now
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
I thought I would match my favorite rifle with my favorite optic.

https://i.ibb.co/tLfwQWH/coltk1606.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wNVQX7M/coltk1604.jpg
View Quote
That's a nice setup Brother.  I'll be calling you next week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
@EVR
@AIWB
Hey fella's.  Let's keep it cool please.  Post pics, have fun, shoot guns...
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:
I am in the infancy stage of building a new go to rifle. 13.7 barrel pinned muzzle device and pinned gas block. YHM Turbo, MI slim rail, bootleg Adjustable BCG, Colt upper receiver, Aero LPK, PSA lower and topped off with Vortex Viper gen 2 1-6 in MI mount. Waiting on tax stamp for can. It is at 12 months now
View Quote
I'm with you on the 13-7.  I think that is the barrel length of the future. I am going to be building a 13-7 Triarc upper with a Warcomp in the next month.  Great choice for a one size fits all Rifle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:04:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#8]

I'm with you on the 13-7.  I think that is the barrel length of the future. I am going to be building a 13-7 Triarc upper with a Warcomp in the next month.  Great choice for a one size fits all Rifle.
View Quote
The more I read on Triarc, the more I like them.  Have an 11.5" being built
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It's seen several optic changes, but this has been my go-to for a few years now.

14.5" Colt M4 Govt. bbl w/ SF3P
Chopped Geissele MK2
BCM mlok VFG
Surefire m600V on an Arisaka offset scout mount
BCM mod4 charging handle
Trijicon MRO on AXTS 1/3 mount
KAC 300m micro
Geissele S3G
Magpul K2 and SL-K
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#11]
Originally Posted By MidwestRookie:

@cms81586

So awesome. What model # is that ACOG?
View Quote
It’s a TA-31 RCO-2. It was an RSR special. Came factory tanodized, green horseshoe reticle, with a goofy tritium front sight but no rear sight or provision to mount one. Not sure if this was the intent, but it works surprisingly well for point shooting at less than 10 yds.  Somehow I ended up into two tan ACOG’s without even trying. Here’s my tan TA-11. Same reticle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
I would love a Surefire can and I think their muzzle devices are the best. Only reason I am going YHM is they are great cans for the price. I got the turbo for under $300 and it comes with a muzzle device.

I got a screaming deal on the 13.7 barrel too. It has a reduced gas port size and I am stoked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MRW:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/DA56F2A5-93DB-4240-9581-FCC82E149EE4-1242423.jpg

Spikes lightweight barrel with ALG handguard and homemade LED supplemented 1.5x ACOG. It also wears a light now.

5-300 yard capable. Simple and reliable
View Quote
@MRW

I like it.  Looks very handy and shootable.

What do you mean by "...homemade LED..." ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#15]
HaHaHa!!

Very clever rascal!!

Is it pretty sturdy?  Does it move around that is if bumped?

Haul that thing over to my GOTOGUN Challenge and get some numbers on the board!  You'll get special mention for Field Expediency!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MRW:
Hasn't been field tested yet!
View Quote
Here's the perfect chance!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/GOTOGUN-CHALLENGE--New-Shooting-Challenge/5-2275992/
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's my sbr in HD mode.  Andro Corp 10.3 crane spec upper, great bang for the buck upper.  I have about 1500 rounds through it suppressed and unsuppressed and it's given me zero grief.  Currently working my way through a pile of Hornady black 77 grain.

The top is my 6920 SOCOM.  Both are circa roughly 2012 or so.  Would be hard pressed to choose frankly.  Probably would go with the mutt sbr if I could only have one.

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AWDTerror:
https://i.imgur.com/L6fnnwA.jpg
View Quote
What bag is that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#20]
My "thanks for visiting, now get out of my house" gun.

Started out life as a Daniel Defense DDM4V7 Pistol, got stamped and became and SBR.

Optic is a Trijicon MRO.  Lite is a Surefire.  Can is a Sig 762Ti QD.

Hornady 75gr TAP SBR.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I would love a Surefire can and I think their muzzle devices are the best. Only reason I am going YHM is they are great cans for the price. I got the turbo for under $300 and it comes with a muzzle device.

I got a screaming deal on the 13.7 barrel too. It has a reduced gas port size and I am stoked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm curious about your md plan , are you going to pin and weld or sbr/pistol? I have an alg 13 rail that I have been thinking about making into a do all 13.7 if I don't just make 12.5 and have been thinking about pairing it with a turbo k
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

It’s a TA-31 RCO-2. It was an RSR special. Came factory tanodized, green horseshoe reticle, with a goofy tritium front sight but no rear sight or provision to mount one. Not sure if this was the intent, but it works surprisingly well for point shooting at less than 10 yds.  Somehow I ended up into two tan ACOG’s without even trying. Here’s my tan TA-11. Same reticle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2980/E43344D4-A80A-49CD-960E-AD791DCB1F1B_jpe-1250787.JPG
View Quote
Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, but thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out for one when I'm finally ready for to put an Acog on something.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#23]
So, it's official, my newest LMT Build is my All Time Favorite Firearm and *AR10* H2, JP Silent Captured Springs make SBR's and AR Pistols AWESOME.  560 rounds through it without a single failure and everyone that has shot it can't believe how light the recoil is.  Virtually no muzzle rise.  The reason for this is due to three key factors.  1) LMT Enhanced BCG  2)most importantly- AR10 H2 JP Silent Captured Spring 3) SF Warcomp.  These three components will be installed in every AR I build with less than a 13-7 Barrel from now on.  Follow up shots are just insanely fast, This is the best shooting AR Platformed firearm I have ever used bar none.

*note, the green Pistol Brace is temporary, it is for my HRT Build that has not shipped from Geissele.  This will be SBR'd and will be sporting an FDE SOPMOD

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#24]
@MattLarson

What does that Sig can weigh?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#25]
So, it official, my newest LMT Build is my All Time Favorite Firearm and *AR10* H2, JP Silent Captured Springs make SBR's and AR Pistols AWESOME.  560 rounds through it without a single failure and everyone that has shot it can't believe how light the recoil is.  Virtually no muzzle rise.  The reason for this is due to three key factors.  1) LMT Enhanced BCG  2)most importantly- AR10 H2 JP Silent Captured Spring 3) SF Warcomp.  These three components will be installed in every AR I build with less than a 13-7 Barrel from now on.  Follow up shots are just insanely fast, This is the best shooting AR Platformed firearm I have ever used bar none.

*note, the green Pistol Brace is temporary, it is for my HRT Build that has not shipped from Geissele.  This will be SBR'd and will be sporting an FDE SOPMOD

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200203_090525-1261237.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200203_090424-1261238.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200203_092110-1261250.jpg
View Quote
Interesting. I may try this with the Armaspec version to see how it does
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Interesting. I may try this with the Armaspec version to see how it does
View Quote
@StarCityShooter
I got the idea after learning that Triarc was building Their SBR's with AR10 length Receiver Extensions and AR10 Springs.  I was going to copy this idea, using an LMT AR10 Receiver Extension , but I wanted to use a JP Captured spring.  Upon seeking the proper JP Spring I found JP was using Their standard length spring packs for AR10's and simply offered a spacer in which you can cut to fit any sized buffer or simply use an AR15 Receiver Extension and Their Spring Pack to build an AR10,  therefore the JP Spring pack alone would act like an extended length AR10 Buffer System.  I tried it and it made a huge difference.  I am not kidding when I say huge, IMHO this is a Revolutionary Concept for short and often overgassed AR's.  I have never seen such a dramatic result in performance from any one change made to a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#27]

@StarCityShooter
I got the idea after learning that Triarc was building Their SBR's with AR10 length Receiver Extensions and AR10 Springs.  I was going to copy this idea, using an LMT AR10 Receiver Extension , but I wanted to use a JP Captured spring.  Upon seeking the proper JP Spring I found JP was using Their standard length spring packs for AR10's and simply offered a spacer in which you can cut to fit any sized buffer or simply use an AR15 Receiver Extension and Their Spring Pack to build an AR10,  therefore the JP Spring pack alone would act like an extended length AR10 Buffer System.  I tried it and it made a huge difference.  I am not kidding when I say huge, IMHO this is a Revolutionary Concept for short and often overgassed AR's.  I have never seen such a dramatic result in performance from any one change made to a firearm.
View Quote
@M-4matus Thanks for the info!

Im curious if the Armaspec one would work the same way. So you just used an AR15 RE with yours? Did you have to mod anything or pop it right it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Im curious if the Armaspec one would work the same way. So you just used an AR15 RE with yours? Did you have to mod anything or pop it right it?
View All Quotes

@StarCityShooter

@StarCityShooter

I am running an LMT Lower with LMT Carbine RE. Not sure about the Armaspec,I just know this setup works without fail as of over 600 rounds.

The JP Spring came with a large white plastic spacer(for rifle length RE's) and a small .030 metal fitment spacer.  In the instructions They stated the buffer should be fit snug against the Carrier with about .030 tension applied to the Spring, and although mine was not loose, I choose to install the small metal spacer in the RE before I installed the Spring Pack.  This slightly pre loaded the Spring Pack, which from reading the instructions, is supposed to be the case.  If I were You, I would not hesitate, You won't be disappointed.  I am going to buy more but my source is out of stock on the H2 version so I will wait until they have more.  I not sure if an AR10 Spring Pack with standard weights would have the same effect.  Heck, I might even try adding another Tungsten and see if H3 works too...
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Just your typical LMT 14.5" M4...
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:
https://i.imgur.com/Z1Ah4Fr.jpg?1

View Quote
I’m really digging that rattle can job.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#31]
My go-to outdoors rifle

Upper:
Colt upper
Colt 16" SOCOM barrel
Colt BCG
LMT ambi CH
Surefire m600df w/ DS00 tailcap and cloud defense mount
KAC irons
Centurion CMR 13" rail
(harris bipod will go back on a bolt action and will be replaced with KAC barrier stop)

Optics:
Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6x (love this optic... perfect for 5.56 ranges.  Pretty similar to the razor in quality and features and half the price)
Badger Ordnance Mount
Vortex trow lever

Lower:
Colt M4 Carbine lower
Colt MK18 6 position tube
Geissele Super 52 (?? super something )
KAC trigger guard
Geissele SSA
B5 sopmod bravo
Ergo Grip

Got it out to about 700 before the combination of m193 ammo and my skill level met its match...  2/20 on a 6x10 silhouette .  Full disclosure: Still putting the rifle through its paces and i know the "go-to rifle" police are lurking, but after about 600 rounds i'm starting to feel like this is something that i can work with.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By thornejc:
My go-to outdoors rifle

Upper:
Colt upper
Colt 16" SOCOM barrel
Colt BCG
LMT ambi CH
KAC irons
Centurion CMR 13" rail
(harris bipod will go back on a bolt action and will be replaced with KAC barrier stop)

Optics:
Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6x (love this optic... perfect for 5.56 ranges.  Pretty similar to the razor in quality and features and half the price)
Badger Ordnance Mount
Vortex trow lever

Lower:
Colt M4 Carbine lower
KAC trigger guard
Geissele SSA
B5 sopmod bravo
Ergo Grip

Got it out to about 700 before the combination of m193 ammo and my skill level met its match...  2/20 on a 6x10 silhouette .  Full disclosure: Still putting the rifle through its paces and i know the "go-to rifle" police are lurking, but after about 600 rounds i'm starting to feel like this is something that i can work with.

https://i.imgur.com/DO2KpNM.jpg
View Quote
Thats a solid build. I like it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#33]
@StarCityShooter

I am running an LMT Lower with LMT Carbine RE. Not sure about the Armaspec,I just know this setup works without fail as of over 600 rounds.

The JP Spring came with a large white plastic spacer(for rifle length RE's) and a small .030 metal fitment spacer.  In the instructions They stated the buffer should be fit snug against the Carrier with about .030 tension applied to the Spring, and although mine was not loose, I choose to install the small metal spacer in the RE before I installed the Spring Pack.  This slightly pre loaded the Spring Pack, which from reading the instructions, is supposed to be the case.  If I were You, I would not hesitate, You won't be disappointed.  I am going to buy more but my source is out of stock on the H2 version so I will wait until they have more.  I not sure if an AR10 Spring Pack with standard weights would have the same effect.  Heck, I might even try adding another Tungsten and see if H3 works too...
View All Quotes

@StarCityShooter

@StarCityShooter

I have started a new thread on the JP SCS 10H2 and SBR/AR Pistols-check it out for more info on the matter- AR10 H2 JP SCS installed in AR Pistols & SBR's
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By thornejc:
My go-to outdoors rifle

Upper:
Colt upper
Colt 16" SOCOM barrel
Colt BCG
LMT ambi CH
KAC irons
Centurion CMR 13" rail

Optics:
Badger Ordnance Mount
Vortex trow lever

Lower:
Colt M4 Carbine lower
KAC trigger guard
Geissele SSA
B5 sopmod bravo
Ergo Grip

https://i.imgur.com/DO2KpNM.jpg
View Quote
A sensible rifle with a sensible owner. Seems well thought out and you know your kit...hard to beat that no matter what the "go-to rifle police" think!
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:58:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#35]
Attachment Attached File

I posted a different rifle awhile back but this one has enough rounds down the tube it would be my go to SHTF.
Mega Lower
Larue trigger
Armaspec stealth buffer
B5 sopmod
Gunfighter grip
Geissele MK14 rail
14.5 FN CHF barrel with G super gas block
PSA premium BCG
DD fixed backups
EoTech
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#36]
So, it's official, my newest LMT Build is my All Time Favorite Firearm and *AR10* H2, JP Silent Captured Springs make SBR's and AR Pistols AWESOME.  560 rounds through it without a single failure and everyone that has shot it can't believe how light the recoil is.  Virtually no muzzle rise.  The reason for this is due to three key factors.  1) LMT Enhanced BCG  2)most importantly- AR10 H2 JP Silent Captured Spring 3) SF Warcomp.  These three components will be installed in every AR I build with less than a 13-7 Barrel from now on.  Follow up shots are just insanely fast, This is the best shooting AR Platformed firearm I have ever used bar none.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200203_090525-1261237.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200203_090424-1261238.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200203_092110-1261250.jpg
View Quote
Why the ar10?

It fits?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Governor:

Why the ar10?

It fits?
View Quote
@Governor
Yes, it fit and works wonders, especially on those overgassed Mil Spec Barrels most of us turn into AR Pistols and SBR's.  I don't want to get into it too much in this thread.  Check out this LINK for more info-
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:26:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#38]
Originally Posted By jarhead13:
Plain Jane 6520 w/sling and light.
I’ll go be poor in GD now.
View Quote
@jarhead13, I'll join ya.

Attachment Attached File

Aero upper and forearm, Giselle Super Gas Block, Toolcraft Carpenter 158 bolt and BCG, Bear Creek heavy barrel 223 Wylde, (Veterans Day giveaway), now wearing a stealth PSA lower and PSA LPK with a sling attachgment plate, (not pictured), MagPul MOE+ furniture and a SIG Romeo5 red dot.  See, yours is probably more high speed/low drag than mine.

Pictured sling removed...buddy gave me a MagPul M3 sling for Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#40]
This makes my bits tingle and I don't even really like some of the gear. Really sweet setup!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:
https://i.imgur.com/Z1Ah4Fr.jpg?1

View Quote
LMT is all you really need for a go to. I'm currently putting an 11.5" through it's paces. When it gets to 2k rounds I'll consider moving it into ready position for my go to. Currently a Tavor SAR, and SCAR 17 with 20" barrel hold down the fort. Neither is an AR obviously so I won't waste space with a pic here. Nice rifles fellas! Inspired me to move back into a good AR
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wyoak41:

LMT is all you really need for a go to. I'm currently putting an 11.5" through it's paces. When it gets to 2k rounds I'll consider moving it into ready position for my go to. Currently a Tavor SAR, and SCAR 17 with 20" barrel hold down the fort. Neither is an AR obviously so I won't waste space with a pic here. Nice rifles fellas! Inspired me to move back into a good AR
View Quote
@wyoak41
go ahead and post Rigs Brother.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wyoak41] [#43]

@wyoak41
go ahead and post Rigs Brother.
View Quote
Alrighty, you talked me into it.

Tavor SAR (many many rounds without a single hiccup) I do like ARs and have used many that are reliable, but this little rig is 1/2" shorter than a 10.5" AR and still fits 16" ballistics in a backpack for those times you don't want a visual presence. FDE variety to match interior of my pickup as well.
Midwest extended rail, with front light mount (on 11.5" LMT currently)
Midwest ejection port cover for suppressor use
Midwest riser, topped with TA01-M4A1 Acog of course
Geissele trigger
Surefire flash hider, being swapped for a Dead Air soon, as my Nomad will have minimal back pressure for this one
Vickers sling (on 11.5" LMT currently)

Apparently only pic of my SCAR H at this time. Will grab better one and replace, but imagine a vickers sling on it and Harris bipod when I'm using the 20" barrel.
20" barrel gets paired with a SWFA SS 4-15 mil/mil on a BOBRO mount, and holds MOA easily with 155 grn Hornady ELD handloads. The 16" barrel gets the TA11 Acog, and Dead Air brake for Nomad. Have considered a 5.56 conversion for it as they're solid, but the LMT and Tavor are holding down the tiny round fort so far. LMT pic will get added after some more rounds. It ain't a go to unless it passes my 2k round count at the very least!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#44]
Originally Posted By wyoak41:

Alrighty, you talked me into it.
https://i.imgur.com/C48qDts.jpg
Tavor SAR (many many rounds without a single hiccup) I do like ARs and have used many that are reliable, but this little rig is 1/2" shorter than a 10.5" AR and still fits 16" ballistics in a backpack for those times you don't want a visual presence. FDE variety to match interior of my pickup as well.
Midwest extended rail, with front light mount (on 11.5" LMT currently)
Midwest ejection port cover for suppressor use
Midwest riser, topped with TA01-M4A1 Acog of course
Geissele trigger
Surefire flash hider, being swapped for a Dead Air soon, as my Nomad will have minimal back pressure for this one
Vickers sling (on 11.5" LMT currently)

Apparently only pic of my SCAR H at this time. Will grab better one and replace, but imagine a vickers sling on it and Harris bipod when I'm using the 20" barrel.
20" barrel gets paired with a SWFA SS 4-15 mil/mil on a BOBRO mount, and holds MOA easily with 155 grn Hornady ELD handloads. The 16" barrel gets the TA11 Acog, and Dead Air brake for Nomad. Have considered a 5.56 conversion for it as they're solid, but the LMT and Tavor are holding down the tiny round fort so far. LMT pic will get added after some more rounds. It ain't a go to unless it passes my 2k round count at the very least!
https://i.imgur.com/7bDhPvc.jpg
View Quote
@wyoak41
Nice guns Brother.  Thanks for posting em up.  I just got an off the beaten path Firearm Type of Weapon Myself, a Desert Tech MDR.  It has proven to be extremely reliably over the past 500 rounds.  I guess I would call it My GoTo .308 at this point...It's interesting you are running an ACOG on Your Bullpup.  After shooting with the Accupoint for a bit, I have decided to mount an ACOG on this rig, most likely it's going to be a TA11-E or E-G, for the increased eye relief. Hopefully I can find an E-G as I have come to really appreciate the green post type reticles offered by Trijicon.  I have found this simple Green Triangle Post reticle to be of the fastest LPVO Reticles in My arsenal of optics and imagine it will be just as fast in an LPFO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#45]
@karmapolice
Really like your SBR.  Must be a nice Night Vision Rig.  I just finished a long awaited 11-5 and 10-5.  The 10-5 was built for daytime shooting and Hunting(it's an LMT MLC, will swap barrel to 12-5 6.8SPC during Hunting Season), the other is a Clone Incorrect(w/ Intent) Federal HRT. As this 11-5 is now my GoTo Night Vision Setup, Here it is- I still have a few items on order to make this a more NV friendly Setup.  Waiting for 1) SBR Stamp, 2) TAPS, 3) UNITY 1.93 Mount for the T2, 4) KAC USMC Rear & DD Fixed Front BUIS

Optics and Illumination
Aimpoint T2 UNITY 1.93 mount on order, current mount is Scalarworks 1/3
SF M600 w/ LaRue LT272 and soon to be replaced CLOUD Defense Mounted Pressure Switch
Steiner D-BaL I2, TAPS on order
Upper-Unmarked???Colt Receiver, V-Seven FA
Colt 11-5 SOCOM Barrel w/ taper pinned shaved FSGB & V-Seven Extended A2 Comp
Geissele REBCG
Geissele MK4 10" Federal Green
Geissele Government CH, Federal Green
Magpul Wedge and M Lok Rail Covers
Lower-Geissele Super Duty Receiver
Colt Receiver Extension, Federal Green- Mil Spec Carbine Length
Buffer System- JP Enterprises AR-10 H2 SCS- Yes, the JP AR-10 Captured Buffer Systems work very well on ALL of My Mil Spec Short Barreled and very much over gassed(per mil spec) AR-15's so far.  Really calms them down a lot.
Geissele Ultra Duty LPK w/ Dog Leg Selector Levers
Geissele SSA-E
Furniture- BCM Mod 3 PG, SBa3 PB in ODG
Okay Inds. Surefeed E2 Mags, I"ve become a big fan of these Mags in the past few months
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Okay Inds. Surefeed E2 Mags, I"ve become a big fan of these Mags in the past few months
View Quote
THIS. I don't read enough about magazines, but these are a really nice update to traditional metal mags. I'm a believer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#47]

@karmapolice
Really like your SBR.  Must be a nice Night Vision Rig.  I just finished a long awaited 11-5 and 10-5.  The 10-5 was built for daytime shooting and Hunting(it's an LMT MLC, will swap barrel to 12-5 6.8SPC during Hunting Season), the other is a Clone Incorrect(w/ Intent) Federal HRT. As this 11-5 is now my GoTo Night Vision Setup, Here it is- I still have a few items on order to make this a more NV friendly Setup.  Waiting for 1) SBR Stamp, 2) TAPS, 3) UNITY 1.93 Mount for the T2, 4) KAC USMC Rear & DD Fixed Front BUIS
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200210_145757-1271301.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200210_150045-1271300.jpg
Optics and Illumination
Aimpoint T2 UNITY 1.93 mount on order, current mount is Scalarworks 1/3
SF M600 w/ LaRue LT272 and soon to be replaced CLOUD Defense Mounted Pressure Switch
Steiner D-BaL I2, TAPS on order
Upper-Unmarked???Colt Receiver, V-Seven FA
Colt 11-5 SOCOM Barrel w/ taper pinned shaved FSGB & V-Seven Extended A2 Comp
Geissele REBCG
Geissele MK4 10" Federal Green
Geissele Government CH, Federal Green
Magpul Wedge and M Lok Rail Covers
Lower-Geissele Super Duty Receiver
Colt Receiver Extension, Federal Green- Mil Spec Carbine Length
Buffer System- JP Enterprises AR-10 H2 SCS- Yes, the JP AR-10 Captured Buffer Systems work very well on ALL of My Mil Spec Short Barreled and very much over gassed(per mil spec) AR-15's so far.  Really calms them down a lot.
Geissele Ultra Duty LPK w/ Dog Leg Selector Levers
Geissele SSA-E
Furniture- BCM Mod 3 PG, SBa3 PB in ODG
View Quote
I would also be open to ideas about a mount or mounting system that would tuck that M600 under the D-BaL a little better.

Has anyone tried a LaRue LT752 in this specific or close to this setup?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#48]

@karmapolice
Really like your SBR.  Must be a nice Night Vision Rig.
View All Quotes

@karmapolice
Really like your SBR.  Must be a nice Night Vision Rig.
It is my all around work rig, thanks. I like your set up as well.

Originally Posted By hfrog355:

This makes my bits tingle and I don't even really like some of the gear. Really sweet setup!
Tingly bits what don't you like out of curiosity?

So details I forgot to post:

Optics:
Nightforce NX8 MIL/LE capped turret model with MIL turrets and reticle in a Gissele plinko won 1.93" mount

Type 1 Trijicon RMR 3.25 adjustable in Reptilia mount with two spacers for clearance

Light/Laser:
B.E. Meyers MAWL C1+ with EC2 cap

Surefire DF 600 earlier R&D pro (pre-release) with DS-00 tail cap

Unity Tactical Sync Version 1 for control

Upper Components:
Geissele stripped upper

Geissele 11.5" duty barrel with bomb proof instillation of gas block

ALG nitride BCG

Geissele newer FED rail 10"

Rail Scale HTP covers

Surefire Warcomp

Surefire SOCOM MINI suppresor

Geissele Government CH

Condition Gray sling retainer

Lower Components:
Knights Armament factory SBR lower (sold the upper long ago)

Knights AMBI safety and trigger guard

Geissele SD-C trigger

Geissele Maritime bolt catch

Geissele Super 42 spring with H2 buffer

LAW tactical gen3 folder

Magpul SL stock

Tangodown BG-18 grip

Not pictured:

Sierra Tac sling

I have the duty upper as well that is sporting a T1 right now and a duel fuel. I want a MAWL on it and the same optic set up and then maybe pick a rail to keep either the FED or the MK16 (probably FED).
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AMCJ76] [#49]
Poverty pony SBR
Choate SOPMOD
H2 buffer & Damage ind enhanced spring
GG&G qd plate
MOE+ grip and trigger guard, Bad lever
KNS pins
BFS3
BCM mid ch
PSA upper, premium bcg, nitride 10.5 barrel
Matrix arms victor
BCM vfg, qd base
wmlx
MBUS
TA-47 on GDI qd Mount
Krink booster
D60 filled with fed fusion

1000’s of rounds through it, mostly steel case and no issues. What it lacks in accuracy it makes up in volume of fire.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By karmapolice:
Tingly bits what don't you like out of curiosity?
View Quote
I love the idea of the LAW folder, but after trying it, I determined it's just not my thing. I'm not a person who has much of a need to store a rifle in that manner though.

Didn't like the NX8, hardly at all. I like the size and the weight, but couldn't get comfortable (admittedly in a short time frame) behind the glass, especially when you dial it up. Just not my cup of tea.

Rifle looks bad ass though. RMR on top of glass sitting in a 1.93" mount is pretty high up there. How's the height of that compare to something like the Unity mounts?
Page / 61
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top