Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 61
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:23:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EVR] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-4matus:
@EVR , WHAT IS THIS BROTHER, LOOKS LIKE OLD BUNCH OF OLD CLIPS OF A SURVIVORMAN SET!!   LMAO  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EVR:

All I can say is that in the service of transparency and good faith dealing, I'll warn prospective buyers to steer clear from purchasing any of my guns secondhand if they are in the market for something looking pristine...

Today's range day with my "GOTO".  Had to chronograph some loads in a snowstorm so it required finding under several feet of snow some range junk and then building a little impromptu shed to cover the chronograph, but it all worked out well.

Apologize for the quality of pics.  I shot a few for the bayonet thread.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I do not shoot as many round in total as some fellows who post here.  Several thousand of all calibers total I suppose during the year, but nothing like the 10's some guys do.

https://i.postimg.cc/y6Gbx4qv/Range-Day01182020-Chrono-017-1024x576.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/g0MfKx5P/Range-Day01182020-Chrono-058-576x1024.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/DzYMXtJv/Range-Day01182020-Chrono-096-1024x576.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/tCtv51Zm/Range-Day01182020-Chrono-126-1024x576.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/6QTHtYHD/Range-Day01182020-Chrono-134-1024x576.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/02fZSLFT/Range-Day01182020-Chrono-142-1024x576.jpg
@EVR , WHAT IS THIS BROTHER, LOOKS LIKE OLD BUNCH OF OLD CLIPS OF A SURVIVORMAN SET!!   LMAO  
Just another day at the range, if I am going to go to the range.  Which I do.  

Shameless plug for the GOTOGUN Challenge...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/GOTOGUN-CHALLENGE--New-Shooting-Challenge/5-2275992/
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
well said

Originally Posted By mban2:
After close inspection of the pictures that people have posted with some sort of claim that, "I have used and abused" or "thousands of rounds through" or "I have used this rifle for years", I deem most of those statements to be false.  On many of the guns posted here, very few have and discernable wear and tear, or and subtle scratches or dings and dents.  I am not talking about battleworn finishes or stupid shit like that, but rather finish wear on optics from being moved around, or on the brass deflector, or on any surface at all.  Many people would benefit from putting a sling on their rifle and carrying it around for a while, which it appears not many have even done in this thread.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
EVR is doing it right.

most Arfcom don't shoot. most people I know talk the talk. kills them to send some lead down range. tooo much money....

when it comes time to throw on a pack and take a stroll with the guns and bang
some steel its umm umm  ummm 1000 excuses. crickets.....to cold, to hot, range is to far.... yada yada
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#5]

Just another day at the range, if I am going to go to the range.  Which I do.  

Shameless plug for the GOTOGUN Challenge...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/GOTOGUN-CHALLENGE--New-Shooting-Challenge/5-2275992/
View Quote
I'm not hating, just wondering who is taking the Pics.?.?  Reminds me of the Survivorman (or was it called Lone Survivor?) scenes where you see the Canadian Dude walking all the way back down the mountain to get the camera because he needed to get that shot but has NO CAMERAMAN.

I too have been doing as much training in the snow as possible.  Actually been doing a lot of Night Vision Training.  This time of year in Maine it pretty much gets dark right after Lunchtime.  Noise ordinances *(even though I'm in the sticks on 80 Acres) do not go into effect until 10:00PM.  I have been trying to shoot IR twice a week.  Man, I can get 6 or 7 Mags in after work and before Diner Time November through Mid March.

I suppose while we are at it I should show the Rifle that I bought recently.  I'm not 100% sure yet, but this may replace my LMT as my GOTO RIFLE.  I ordered an M Lok Upper for my LMT so I'll asses the situation after I get that set up again.  I took my Trijicon 1-4 off the LMT.  I'm going to run the new LMT MLC Upper w/ my 10-5 barrel and my Comp M5, IR/Vis Laser and M300.  

This setup below is an LMT Ambi Lower, KAC  Mod 2 E3 Sand Cutter, 14-5 Barrel w/ Warcomp p/w, Trijicon 1-4, IR Light/Laser and M600DF --------I think it is important to mention, My 1-4 is Green Triangle Post Reticle.  For those who haven't tried or are weary, DON"T BE.  They are my favorite LPVO Reticle for 0-400 Meters.  As close as I can get in CQB speed to an Aimpoint or Eotech, but still very good on a bipod and full sized targets out to 400M

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
well said

View All Quotes
well said

Originally Posted By mban2:
After close inspection of the pictures that people have posted with some sort of claim that, "I have used and abused" or "thousands of rounds through" or "I have used this rifle for years", I deem most of those statements to be false.  On many of the guns posted here, very few have and discernable wear and tear, or and subtle scratches or dings and dents.  I am not talking about battleworn finishes or stupid shit like that, but rather finish wear on optics from being moved around, or on the brass deflector, or on any surface at all.  Many people would benefit from putting a sling on their rifle and carrying it around for a while, which it appears not many have even done in this thread.
Some of us have many rifles that we shoot so none necessarily receive extensive wear. I for one also try to touch up scratches and keep my guns looking new as possible, just because I'm OCD like that. Unless someone is carrying around a rifle while climbing rock faces or dragging their rifle behind them as they craw through trenches there isn't much reason for their guns to get all beat up. There isn't much reason for a civilian to climb rock faces or climb through trenches either.
Some of my rifles have many thousands of rounds through them and still look brand new.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Ghost Firearms Upper lower and Mlock rail
Aero Precision 16in mid 5.56 barrel
B-GRF (Geissele Rapid Fire) trigger
Primary arms 1-6x Acss UTG recon mount
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EVR] [#8]

I'm not hating, just wondering who is taking the Pics.?.?  
View Quote
I just set it up and let it run.  Then delete almost all of them.  

Depends.  Sometimes someone else but most of the time I just set up the camera and let it run.  Originally I used to take pix because I'd make a simple statement about a gun or part or function and then hear "I call BS" from somebody.  Some stuff I just can't photo.  I used to run a snareline on skis for example and high mountain pix are great but sometimes I just didn't have time to do it or the weather was so bad I didn't want to take any more time to do anything than get the job done and get out of there before I got stuck and not found till spring. I can walk out my front door and go 185 miles without running into a single human habitation or structure.  So when I'm alone I'm really alone.  Some pix just can't be got.

I cannot say I disagree entirely with the poster who made the somewhat unpopular comment above.  In a general sense, I do think Americans lean on equipment when in fact, oftentimes it offers no advantage. And then skillbuilding takes a back seat. This is demonstrated in the field position shooting challenges.  Can't tell you how many threads I've read about optics for example which go on and on and on about some red dot thing I suppose because that is what Uncle Sam issues but in reality, in the field, those sights are often worthless and a Fudd 3-9 variable or some other range trumps by far the utility of what is the tacticool thing.

By the same token, if a guy uses his gun for HD only, and only uses it on a clean range, he might shoot a LOT and put little visible wear on the thing.  So he might have ZERO reason to take a gun to the woods on any day.  Doesn't mean he doesn't shoot or doesn't know how.

Anyway, to each his own.  I shoot all year, all seasons, and have learned that experience is a very harsh teacher and I've learned a lot that didn't come intuitively about what works and what doesn't.   It's not always snowing here, either...

Anyway, I have been made a fool of numerous times, thinking "this" and then by experience learning "that" about what I need in a "GOTOGUN".  I keep much of it to myself as it does no good to pitch in and then hear how I don't know shit because somebody once took a course.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
there is no reason to climb and train with your rifle..... umm ok

Originally Posted By bigjunk1:

Some of us have many rifles that we shoot so none necessarily receive extensive wear. I for one also try to touch up scratches and keep my guns looking new as possible, just because I'm OCD like that. Unless someone is carrying around a rifle while climbing rock faces or dragging their rifle behind them as they craw through trenches there isn't much reason for their guns to get all beat up. There isn't much reason for a civilian to climb rock faces or climb through trenches either.
Some of my rifles have many thousands of rounds through them and still look brand new.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#11]
when im not in the gun...……………

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]
There’s more to life than carrying your rifle from the trunk to the range bench...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
totally agree !!! the bench is for coffee. the rest goes on the deck or in the pack.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#14]
Build all my rifles as capable as my work guns (build my own there too).  Just they don't get taking out as much since I'm never home.

Attachment Attached File

Work guns
Attachment Attached File

Really wish I could take these home
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#15]
what does the mini gun need in regular maintiance ? I have a buddy with a post sample
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#16]
what does the mini gun need in regular maintiance ? I have a buddy with a post sample
View Quote
Ensure batteries are charged, ammo loaded correctly and ensure feeder delinker is timed.  Disassemble and wipe down internally every 15,000 rds.

CD
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I think it is important to mention, My 1-4 is Green Triangle Post Reticle.  For those who haven't tried or are weary, DON"T BE.  They are my favorite LPVO Reticle for 0-400 Meters.  As close as I can get in CQB speed to an Aimpoint or Eotech, but still very good on a bipod and full sized targets out to 400M
View Quote
I couldn’t agree more with this. My only regret is not giving the TR24 a shot earlier. It’s now one of my go to’s on a 14.5 or 16.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
thank you. fairly easy. she runs good.

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Ensure batteries are charged, ammo loaded correctly and ensure feeder delinker is timed.  Disassemble and wipe down internally every 15,000 rds.

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

CD
That is, every 3 minutes of operation................
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Build all my rifles as capable as my work guns (build my own there too).  Just they don't get taking out as much since I'm never home.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/Buck_10_Nov_19_Juniper_Creek_GL_NC_jpg-1240692.JPG

Work guns
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6331_jpg-1240694.JPG
Really wish I could take these home
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6469_jpg-1240699.JPG

CD
View Quote
@Combat_Diver
Hey Brother,  Do you take visitors?;)  Man I wan't to get my hands into what you are doing so FN bad.  Stay safe Brother.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Thread turned into "my rifle can beat up your rifle"

Lame.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#22]
Benchrest is for Retirees.

As for images, here is the latest, really a few changes made to one of my GoTo Truck/Hunting AR Pistols in 300BLK.  Shortened Her up a bit and made possible to attach a Suppressor.

1/2x28 DI Can so I have to run this 5/8x24 to 1/2x28 adaptor.  It would look better without, but it does works really well, keeps the Can very much inline to bore.  If anyone needs to find one of these that you can trust hit me up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

Lame.
View Quote
More like sad. Or insecure.

In the interest of getting back on track: what is the concensus on fixed or folding rear sights?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

In the interest of getting back on track: what is the concensus on fixed or folding rear sights?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

Lame.

I have scopes or a Aimpoint Pro on my rifles;  vote is for folding as BUIS only.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
My god that looks like heaven...
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By india13c:

My god that looks like heaven...
View Quote
Barbary sheep hunt in NM. I was in pretty decent shape then and it still smokes me every day. 510yd shot on an ewe. Used my “mountain rifle”... a Sako TRG-42 in .338LM with US optics SN-3. All 17lbs of it. Yeah...I’m a glutton for punishment.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
I really do not like Fixed rear sights UNLESS it's an Irons only build, in that case, they are great.  Everything I have that is not Irons only has non magnified or magnified optics and therefore, in my opinion the rear fixed sight only obstructs my view.  I do like Fixed Front Sight, especially on my Night Vision setups.  FF Sights allow the Laser/Illumination aperture's to fit nicely on either side of the sight post.  I'm a no go on the fixed rear sight unless your Rig is Irons only.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:31:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#28]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Barbary sheep hunt in NM. I was in pretty decent shape then and it still smokes me every day. 510yd shot on an ewe. Used my “mountain rifle”... a Sako TRG-42 in .338LM with US optics SN-3. All 17lbs of it. Yeah...I’m a glutton for punishment.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2980/F1C04252-95AD-40B0-98E7-FA33F1B711F8_jpe-1243016.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2980/7E3C3CD3-01E4-4E0B-A677-1E8C6963FA27_jpe-1243017.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2980/CDF70884-9AC8-4489-9D7B-13EBD0CB15E0_jpe-1243020.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2980/78FA77AD-30A1-4954-BD32-FFBAF70461CA_jpe-1243021.JPG
View Quote
@cms81586
Looks like a great time, nice guns , nicer optic, I wish you showed the Described Rifle in your images more clearly.  I'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#29]
BCM SBR (5.56)

BCM Lower CMC trigger, KNS pins, FDE Magpul MIAD/Magpul SL-K
BCM 11.5” Lightweight KMR Upper (BCM BCG)
Eotech XPS3-2
Gemtech Halo
Troy FDE BUIS

Attachment Attached File

LMT 10.5” SBR (MK18 Mod 0)

LMT Upper/Lower
JMT Saber trigger
BCM grip
KNS pins
KAC M4 RAS
LMT SOPMOD
Aimpoint CompM in ADM mount
Noveske/Troy rear BUIS
Gemtech Halo
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#30]
SHTF/Work rifle.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably this DD V11: Its been through a few 8hr classes and has never hiccuped. Maybe 2k rounds through it. It's all factory except for the furniture, Bad-Ass, and some KAC accessories. TR24G was just mounted last week, hasn't even been zero'd yet.

This will replace it as the goto once I get a few more rounds down the pipe. I sold a 4moa T1 I had on a shotgun and got enough purchase and complete the lower, pulled the T2 off the V11 above, and got a complete upper from Noveske on Black Friday.
-Noveske Gen 1 lower
-Geissele SDC
-Geissele Ultra Duty LPK
-BCM H2 and Spring (Geissele was out of the Super 42 at the time )
-Noveske complete 10.5 shorty, MLOK NSR

Not an HD rifle, but this one sees the most nature and probably takes the most abuse. Also solidified my love for the green triangle of death.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Probably this DD V11: Its been through a few 8hr classes and has never hiccuped. Maybe 2k rounds through it. It's all factory except for the furniture, Bad-Ass, and some KAC accessories. TR24G was just mounted last week, hasn't even been zero'd yet.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_7609-1234173.jpg

This will replace it as the goto once I get a few more rounds down the pipe. I sold a 4moa T1 I had on a shotgun and got enough purchase and complete the lower, pulled the T2 off the V11 above, and got a complete upper from Noveske on Black Friday.
-Noveske Gen 1 lower
-Geissele SDC
-Geissele Ultra Duty LPK
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_7562-1234179.jpg

Not an HD rifle, but this one sees the most nature and probably takes the most abuse. Also solidified my love for the green triangle of death.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_E3783-1234196.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_3782-1234197.jpg
View Quote
Nice little buck and a tasty chunky doe!

At last count I've got 1438 ground squirrels in the bag since I started counting, and many of them with AR's but I've never shot a deer w/ an AR.  Our deer, bear and elk seasons coincide and I've never been interested in using a .223 on the latter two.  I have an ArmaLite AR10 but prefer my lighter, handier bolt guns for that.  Good on you tho and I just might have to get with it one of these days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#33]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_7609-1234173.jpg

-Noveske Gen 1 lower
-Geissele SDC
-Geissele Ultra Duty LPK
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_7562-1234179.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_E3783-1234196.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_3782-1234197.jpg
View Quote
@GingerShanks
YES Brother!  Trijicon Green Triangle Post is one of the best reticle on the market for any type of shooting .556 under 300.  IMHO, it provides the FASTEST Rapid Target Acquisition reticle in any LPVO on the market.  Yes, my aimpoints are a bit faster, but they aren't magnified...  We were just shooting My KAC Mod 2 E3 URX4 14-5 w/ 1-4 Green Triangle today.  Both my buddies were lovin it.  It really crushes from 50-200 yards.  One of my buddies has almost no experience with any shooting whatsoever and he was killing it with that KAC setup.  He said it was as easy to shoot as my Suppressed MP5 with an Aimpoint T2.

I just bought an DT MDR for hunting and really think I am going to get another Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4 for that gun.  Super nice Scope for sure.  Also, I really like your shorty ,556.  Lately all I can think about is AR Pistols and SBR's...
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Nice little buck and a tasty chunky doe!

At last count I've got 1438 ground squirrels in the bag since I started counting, and many of them with AR's but I've never shot a deer w/ an AR.  Our deer, bear and elk seasons coincide and I've never been interested in using a .223 on the latter two.  I have an ArmaLite AR10 but prefer my lighter, handier bolt guns for that.  Good on you tho and I just might have to get with it one of these days.
View Quote
Squirrel hunting is family tradition! I do more of that with a CZ .22 than anything else and my Dad really knows how to prepare them. The rifle in the deer pics isn’t a .223 though. That’s my “brush gun” in .50 Beowulf. Both those deer were hit with a 335gr HP moving around 1900fps. It’s fantastic for the thick dense woods around here as is the TR24 on 1x. Had some teething issues out of the box and a buffer spring that wasn’t in spec, but it’s all worked out now. I believe it has 10-12 deer to it’s credit, all DRT.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#35]

@GingerShanks
YES Brother!  Trijicon Green Triangle Post is one of the best reticle on the market for any type of shooting .556 under 300.  IMHO, it provides the FASTEST Rapid Target Acquisition reticle in any LPVO on the market.  Yes, my aimpoints are a bit faster, but they aren't magnified...  We were just shooting My KAC Mod 2 E3 URX4 14-5 w/ 1-4 Green Triangle today.  Both my buddies were lovin it.  It really crushes from 50-200 yards.  One of my buddies has almost no experience with any shooting whatsoever and he was killing it with that KAC setup.  He said it was as easy to shoot as my Suppressed MP5 with an Aimpoint T2.

I just bought an DT MDR for hunting and really think I am going to get another Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4 for that gun.  Super nice Scope for sure.  Also, I really like your shorty ,556.  Lately all I can think about is AR Pistols and SBR's...
View Quote
For the price you can pick them up for now, it’s crazy to me to buy anything different. I bought one for my deer rifle in 2014 or 15 for around $1,100, and had zero regrets. I bought the same one this year a few days after New Year’s for $705. It was a no brainer, I should have bought two. My favorite LPVO by far.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#36]
@GingerShanks
Ok, I see.  Yeah, I do not deer hunt with 5.56 either.  When I take my AR it's my .458 SOCOM.  The AR in those large calibres are really the best modern brush guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#37]
@GingerShanks
Ok, I see.  Yeah, I do not deer hunt with 5.56 either.  When I take my AR it's my .458 SOCOM.  The AR in those large calibres are really the best modern brush guns.
View Quote
.458 Socom would have been my first choice. Unfortunately when Michigan changed their laws regarding what rounds you could use in the shotgun zone, they specifically disallowed necked down cartridges.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#39]
There are some nice rifles in this thread and it is inspiring me to want to start a build.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#40]

.458 Socom would have been my first choice. Unfortunately when Michigan changed their laws regarding what rounds you could use in the shotgun zone, they specifically disallowed necked down cartridges.
View Quote
Got ya.  Well, You did get the second best Big Bore Calibre AR Cartridge.  Just a bit more versatility in the .458 projectile....few more choices out there, but they do the same darn thing.  HIT HARD(.)
@GingerShanks

I would Highly Recommend you check out this link and get some ARX hunting ammo INCEPTOR ARX - .450 Bushmaster I am not sure of ballistics in the .450BM, but the .458 SOCOM round I use is a 140gn composite projectile running 3000 fps(yes you read that right) and producing 2980 ft. lbs of ME.  I have been running ARX in all my 9mm PDW's and CCW's and started hunting with ARX it this year.  I shot my Doe with one and she didn't like it very much... You also might find(due to the light weight projectile) the round has very light recoil.  This is most prominate in my p365 which is my EDC pistol.  Never had felt a lighter recoil in a pistol that wasn't .22 LR  
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I got mine out yesterday for coyote hunting.  Only heard them, never saw them.  @EVR, Idaho sucks, I had to drive 40 minutes to be out here, 12 miles east of Silver City..
URG-I upper with Warcomp
BCM BCG
PSA M4A1 Lower with Larue MBT
Stag Ambi Raptor like CH
B5 Gen 1 Sopmod and Colt 4 position buffer tube, H buffer
Swampfox Kingslayer on MI 45* Picatinny mount.
PA Raptor in mount, (unkown manufacture)
Surefire 600 on an inline Arisaka Mount

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By imdBman:
I got mine out yesterday for coyote hunting.  Only heard them, never saw them.  @EVR, Idaho sucks, I had to drive 40 minutes to be out here, 12 miles east of Silver City..
URG-I upper with Warcomp
BCM BCG
Stag Ambi Raptor like CH
https://i.imgur.com/gRr8BnN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lH94D5d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/o2o9Qja.jpg
View Quote
Grew up in Wyoming, on the Idaho border, NOW I LIVE IN MAINE....Idaho DOES NOT SUCK Brother.  Next time you think that, just look around, your are a lucky man to have all that space to shoot on...
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Grew up in Wyoming, on the Idaho border, NOW I LIVE IN MAINE....Idaho DOES NOT SUCK Brother.  Next time you think that, just look around, your are a lucky man to have all that space to shoot on...
View All Quotes
URG-I upper with Warcomp
BCM BCG
Stag Ambi Raptor like CH
He's right.

Idaho does suck.

Worst state in the union.

So bad no sane person wants to live here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#44]
He's right.

Idaho does suck.

View All Quotes
URG-I upper with Warcomp
BCM BCG
Stag Ambi Raptor like CH
He's right.

Idaho does suck.

Moved here from Ca. when I was 7 and minus my military time been here for about 42 years.  I know what I got
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Depends.  Sometimes someone else but most of the time I just set up the camera and let it run.  Originally I used to take pix because I'd make a simple statement about a gun or part or function and then hear "I call BS" from somebody.  Some stuff I just can't photo.  I used to run a snareline on skis for example and high mountain pix are great but sometimes I just didn't have time to do it or the weather was so bad I didn't want to take any more time to do anything than get the job done and get out of there before I got stuck and not found till spring. I can walk out my front door and go 185 miles without running into a single human habitation or structure.  So when I'm alone I'm really alone.  Some pix just can't be got.

I cannot say I disagree entirely with the poster who made the somewhat unpopular comment above.  In a general sense, I do think Americans lean on equipment when in fact, oftentimes it offers no advantage. And then skillbuilding takes a back seat. This is demonstrated in the field position shooting challenges.  Can't tell you how many threads I've read about optics for example which go on and on and on about some red dot thing I suppose because that is what Uncle Sam issues but in reality, in the field, those sights are often worthless and a Fudd 3-9 variable or some other range trumps by far the utility of what is the tacticool thing.

By the same token, if a guy uses his gun for HD only, and only uses it on a clean range, he might shoot a LOT and put little visible wear on the thing.  So he might have ZERO reason to take a gun to the woods on any day.  Doesn't mean he doesn't shoot or doesn't know how.

Anyway, to each his own.  I shoot all year, all seasons, and have learned that experience is a very harsh teacher and I've learned a lot that didn't come intuitively about what works and what doesn't.   It's not always snowing here, either...

https://i.postimg.cc/x8jjXVTP/Hot-Hike06272015-051-1024x768-zpsrngx03up.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vTPY924w/WOhikes16-030-800x450-zpsef1fhijm.jpg

Anyway, I have been made a fool of numerous times, thinking "this" and then by experience learning "that" about what I need in a "GOTOGUN".  I keep much of it to myself as it does no good to pitch in and then hear how I don't know shit because somebody once took a course.
View Quote
You’ve got it backwards based on your experience. The vast majority will not need any kind of magnification in a HD or SHTF event. Not even close. So to have any kind of scope is a weight penalty and subjecting yourself to a shitty close quarters shooting experience.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:01:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EVR] [#47]
Originally Posted By AIWB:
You’ve got it backwards based on your experience. The vast majority will not need any kind of magnification in a HD or SHTF event. Not even close. So to have any kind of scope is a weight penalty and subjecting yourself to a shitty close quarters shooting experience.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AIWB:

https://i.postimg.cc/x8jjXVTP/Hot-Hike06272015-051-1024x768-zpsrngx03up.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vTPY924w/WOhikes16-030-800x450-zpsef1fhijm.jpg

@AIWB

I never said they would.

I have no idea what part of my post you are disagreeing with.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:07:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#48]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:
BCM SBR (5.56)

BCM Lower CMC trigger, KNS pins, FDE Magpul MIAD/Magpul SL-K
BCM 11.5” Lightweight KMR Upper (BCM BCG)
Eotech XPS3-2
Gemtech Halo
Troy FDE BUIS

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126656/173BE48E-849B-4E63-945C-45A0287683FB_jpe-1244341.JPG

LMT 10.5” SBR (MK18 Mod 0)

LMT Upper/Lower
JMT Saber trigger
BCM grip
KNS pins
KAC M4 RAS
LMT SOPMOD
Aimpoint CompM in ADM mount
Noveske/Troy rear BUIS
Gemtech Halo
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126656/196F0382-2DFE-4E7A-AADF-7D2079E6B66F_jpe-1244343.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I thought I would match my favorite rifle with my favorite optic.

Page / 61
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top