Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 61
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-4matus:
WOW ammo went crazy.  LIKE ITS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET.
View Quote
Now let the wailing begin "I was JUST ABOUT TO BUY A LOT OF AMMO".

Yeah, right pal.  Everyone who has lots of ammo already bought most of it slowly over time.  Like the last 3-25 years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:

Jeeze, I don't have the extra cash to stock deep but I had gotten my stash up over 1K of 5.56 before I did more shooting then normal in the last couple months. My count yesterday was about 700 rounds.

Now I don't have a way to resupply.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Creature:
@Amos_Moses

Your P&W14.5" BCM...any issues with your WML power cable coming in contact with the barrel and melting under your rail?
View Quote
@creature

No, sir. Not from radiant heat. I imagine it'd get melty from direct contact, though, much like a plug wire draped across a valve cover.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#4]
@Nalleywacker How do you like that PA scope on the third rifle? Been thinking it'd be a nice value option for budget build I have.

Been playing with my HD/VD configuration. Took the iron sights off and moved the m952, dbal, and vertical grip forward. Tried the Elcan without the riser, but the FOV is so awesome, I saw a lot of dbal ass.

Put the riser back on and moved it back to open up some rail space. I'd love to have a dual switch on the 12' o clock (Is there a dual switch for a dbal and m952?) Also one weird option I've considered is putting the rear BUIS in front of the elcan and getting a rail scales leaf. Also looking into a MRDS on top of the Elcan. It's going to look weird, but aesthetics are irrelevant on a rifle with a job. I actually listed a rad HK RAL8000 grip set this morning because it just isn't as comfy as the old fashioned A2 grip. Nothing wrong with having gucci builds just because, but for a fighting rifle I'd make sure that it's as comfortable and capable as possible for your individual preferences.

Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:29:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: markhateen] [#6]
IMG_0750 by Blasta3636, on Flickr

Basic BCM 16" mid pencil and Colt SBR lower with Geissele 11.5 upper, Specwar 5.56,  Eothang combo, Perst 4, M952v etc. etc.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:

Jeeze, I don't have the extra cash to stock deep but I had gotten my stash up over 1K of 5.56 before I did more shooting then normal in the last couple months. My count yesterday was about 700 rounds.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages%2F4988bf571adbd4edc5df437a8530eba4%2Fraw&f=1&nofb=1
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

@SurtrsFire
I agree, I have my spare X# thousands of rounds, but I train nearly a thousand rounds a month.  That I guess will HAVE TO CHANGE-

i  just went to my normal online source to get My monthly thousand and, NOPE....Not happening.
I'm good for a few years even at 1k a month, no worries for me since trump is gonna spank democrat booty in november again and prices will drop.

Buy two rounds for every one you shoot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm good for a few years even at 1k a month, no worries for me since trump is gonna spank democrat booty in november again and prices will drop.
View All Quotes

@SurtrsFire
I agree, I have my spare X# thousands of rounds, but I train nearly a thousand rounds a month.  That I guess will HAVE TO CHANGE-

i  just went to my normal online source to get My monthly thousand and, NOPE....Not happening.
@SurtrsFire

Trump will win, hopefully!
My problem is that, although I do have a few thousand Aguila 62gn FJM left, most of My Stockpile Ammo is M855a1 EPR.  Sealed Cans.  I also have a bunch of MK 262  I don't want to open any of the M855a1 unless "I really Have To" it was purchased for one reason only and that ain't plinking... It's also just too hard on guns for a plinking round.

I suppose I will just slow down a bit on training and hope like last time, things will go back to- "NORMAL".  Prices never did go back to normal after Obama though.  Hopefully We don't see 5.56 go to $0.50 per round...
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:07:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#10]

Yeah, right pal.  Everyone who has lots of ammo already bought most of it slowly over time.  Like the last 3-25 years.
View Quote
edit
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Even so, I wish I had more.

I have enough to cover my recreational shooting for a couple of years and still have enough for bad times, but I don't think it would matter if I had enough for ten years. I'd still probably wish I had more.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a few years away from having stacks of newspapers and empty coffee cans filling my house.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:

I have enough to cover my recreational shooting for a couple of years and still have enough for bad times, but I don't think it would matter if I had enough for ten years. I'd still probably wish I had more.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a few years away from having stacks of newspapers and empty coffee cans filling my house.
View Quote
That's always the case. I am much better prepared know than I was in 2013, and I still wish I had more.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:07:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ForestRegion] [#13]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
That's always the case. I am much better prepared know than I was in 2013, and I still wish I had more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:

Same. I just bought some 308 soft points for the upcoming hunting season because I had nothing in 7.62 for hunting. ETA: I don't even have a 308 rifle yet
I don't get to shoot very much as it is. I'm sure I could stretch what I have out for a decade. Heck, I still have cases of 193 that I bought in 2011.
I've always bought a couple hundred rounds just prior to range trips and made sure I didn't shoot it all. Even so, I want more. I won't shoot 5.56 recreationally until it's easily obtainable again. I'll stick to .22.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:14:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#14]
Originally Posted By ForestRegion:

Same. I just bought some 308 soft points for the upcoming hunting season because I had nothing in 7.62 for hunting. ETA: I don't even have a 308 rifle yet
I don't get to shoot very much as it is. I'm sure I could stretch what I have out for a decade. Heck, I still have cases of 193 that I bought in 2011.
I've always bought a couple hundred rounds just prior to range trips and made sure I didn't shoot it all. Even so, I want more. I won't shoot 5.56 recreationally until it's easily obtainable again. I'll stick to .22.
View Quote
I think it is very important to maintain a good training regiment.

I will be doing malfunction drills and mag change drills.  Thus keeping My rounds fired to a minimum.  I'll do some entry and vehicle maneuvers as I get My hands on new ammo.  I still want to train twice a week, minimum.

I also think it would be very unwise to buy ammo at currently inflated rates due to fear of future availability.  Based on the information I have gathered via Friends in the industry and Online articles, I believe this will likely blow over in 3 to 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ForestRegion] [#15]

I will be doing malfunction drills and mag change drills.  Thus keeping My rounds fired to a minimum.  I'll do some entry and vehicle maneuvers as I get My hands on new ammo.  I still want to train twice a week, minimum.

I also think it would be very unwise to buy ammo at currently inflated rates due to fear of future availability.  Based on the information I have gathered via Friends in the industry and Online articles, I believe this will likely blow over in 3 to 4 weeks.
View All Quotes

No worries, I can't afford to pay the inflated prices. Not going to contribute to the panic. There is a lot of 308 fudd ammo left for decent prices. I only bought 2 boxes. Not a round I plan to use for HD. Just want to have enough to zero and hunt with once the Aero M5 is finished.

ETA: My Go To is also in this pic so it's pertinent

Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#16]
If I had to grab just one, it would probably be this one.

Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#17]

https://i.imgur.com/VaDwJLi.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#18]
For those of you/us sweating ammo availability, it would be a good use of your time to do dry work. There is A LOT that can be accomplished without ammo and it is easy to view ammo scarcity as a blessing and not a curse.

View Quote
Love it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Is that a Colt 6960 ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Someday I'll be able to take a better picture.  I miss using a real camera and not just my phone.

Upper is a Colt 6720 Light-Weight with a Chrome Lined MP Inspected 1/7" Barrel.  FSB Shaved down to a low profile.
Colt BCG
Geissele MK4 9.5" DDC
Anderson Lower, Cerakoted Burnt Bronze
BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 Sopmod stock
BCM VFG
Ergo Grip
Daniel Defense Fixed Irons
Holosun Green-dot
Streamlight ProTac HLX with Cloud Defensive LCS in Burnt Bronze on Surefire Scout Mount
ALG Trigger

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#21]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Is that a Colt 6960 ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Is that a Colt 6960 ?
@FONTY

Not a complete, but it is a CCU upper on a Noveske lower.

Originally Posted By hfrog355:

Love it.
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#22]
@Nalleywacker How do you like that PA scope on the third rifle? Been thinking it'd be a nice value option for budget build I have.
View Quote
I really like it for the money. Its the slx 1-8, eyebox isnt great and gets alittle fuzzy at the edges. But iam comparing it to my khales lol honestly the eyebox is just as good as the nx8. And i really like the reticle. I recommend it to anyone looking for a lpvo under 500. You cant go wrong with it

I just need to ditch that scalarworks mount and get another 1.93 badger but in black for it and ill be very happy with it lol
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:10:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Number0neGun] [#23]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

LMT MARS-L 5.56mm marked lower
LMT MLC upper
LMT 14.5" carbine gas barrel
LMT H buffer
LMT Receiver extension
LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier
LMT folding BUIS (meters)
Magpul MS1 padded sling
Magpul QDM sling buttons
Magpul MOE trigger guard (aluminum)
Magpul handstop kit
Magpul MOE K2 grip
Geissele Airborne Charging Handle
Geissele Posi-Snap ambi safety
ALG QMS trigger
PRI .45" optic riser
Elcan Specter DR 1/4x with see through lens caps (I removed the honeycomb)
Surefire M600DF
Haley Strategic SBR Thorntail 2 MLOK mount
Springco WHITE mil spec weight recoil spring
PWS ratchet lock castle nut/endplate kit
JP Enhanced Bolt Completion Kit (5.56mm)
Forward Controls Design 6315KM flash hider
Forward Controls Design Takedown Pins
Forward Controls Design Buffer Detent Pin
Forward Controls Design Sling Keep
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Very nice. Hard to beat anything based off an LMT mono upper.

Even some forward controls gucciness in there. Not much I'd change out on it, maybe an A5 exension. But that's it.

Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380131/89934791_135711194551194_444394455026368-1322461.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380131/90077166_194804035159174_210089849138236-1322462.JPG

LMT MARS-L 5.56mm marked lower
LMT MLC upper
LMT 14.5" carbine gas barrel
LMT H buffer
LMT Receiver extension
LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier
LMT folding BUIS (meters)
Magpul MS1 padded sling
Magpul QDM sling buttons
Magpul MOE trigger guard (aluminum)
Magpul handstop kit
Magpul MOE K2 grip
Geissele Airborne Charging Handle
Geissele Posi-Snap ambi safety
ALG QMS trigger
PRI .45" optic riser
Elcan Specter DR 1/4x with see through lens caps (I removed the honeycomb)
Surefire M600DF
Haley Strategic SBR Thorntail 2 MLOK mount
Springco WHITE mil spec weight recoil spring
PWS ratchet lock castle nut/endplate kit
JP Enhanced Bolt Completion Kit (5.56mm)
Forward Controls Design 6315KM flash hider
Forward Controls Design Takedown Pins
Forward Controls Design Buffer Detent Pin
Forward Controls Design Sling Keep
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
I like your style
My Homemade CCU.. Colt 6731 with 11”CMR

Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:
Very nice. Hard to beat anything based off an LMT mono upper.

Even some forward controls gucciness in there. Not much I'd change out on it, maybe an A5 exension. But that's it.
View Quote
Adding length to the gun would be counterproductive, and the A5 wouldn't run in this gun. The LMT Enhanced carrier reduces cyclic rate enough.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:18:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#27]
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#28]
Originally Posted By Frens:

I like your style
My Homemade CCU.. Colt 6731 with 11”CMR

https://i.postimg.cc/BnsSRbw7/0138-E28-A-FC5-E-4212-8-F3-E-7643570152-E7.jpg
View Quote
Very nice

Stay safe amico
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Adding length to the gun would be counterproductive, and the A5 wouldn't run in this gun. The LMT Enhanced carrier reduces cyclic rate enough.
View Quote
Cool
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

Plus, I think the A5 is very over rated, it was extremely difficult to get to run well in my F/A.

Ive ditched all of mine.
View Quote
Interesting. Don't have a f/a lower.

But has always seemed to be much more forgiving on buffer weights compared to a CAR extension. Especially with a can on.

A case can be made that a lot of stuff is over-rated in the gun world, but good to have options.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Plus, I think the A5 is very over rated, it was extremely difficult to get to run well in my F/A.

Ive ditched all of mine.
View Quote
Agreed. For 20" barreled guns, I think the A5 is awesome. For everything else, it's pretty easy to screw it up and make the gun short stroke.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#32]

Agreed. For 20" barreled guns, I think the A5 is awesome. For everything else, it's pretty easy to screw it up and make the gun short stroke.
View All Quotes

Ive ditched all of mine.

@Number0neGun
@ RustedAce

I started a thread about JP AR10 H2 SCS's installed in SBR and AR15's.  I have 2 and they run great.  They do take a bit of modification.  I get another 3/16" of buffer stroke, along  the H2 Buffer.  I have these both coupled with LMT Enhanced BCG's and SF Warcomps.  I don't know what it is but this specific set up runs without any failures so far(I'm talking 2-3000 rounds) and the recoil impulse is akin to a 22LR or maybe a BB gun.  I have One JP AR-10 SCS setup in a 10-5 LMT MRP and One setup in an 11-5 Colt SOCOM/FBI HRT Clone. In either, You can swap out the AR10 JP SCS for an H2 Buffer w/ LMT CLBS.  Totally different animal, much more muzzle rise.  I tried H3 Buffers and they were actually a bit worse than the H2. *I did have to modify with the rear nylon buffer so that the JP guide rod stops 10 or 20 thou before striking the Firing Pin.  That being said, I ran 4 or 500 rounds before I even noticed any contact was being made at all.  I was aware contact was possible, but thought the spring was returning prior to contact.  Not so, after said amount of rounds were fired, slight wear marks were found on back of firing pin but were light enough hits to not even dent the guide rod screw or firing pin whatsoever.  OK, long winded post...later.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#33]
shtf setup.jpg
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#34]
This thread feels so much more relevant now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mc556:
This thread feels so much more relative now.
View Quote

Gotta protect your TP fortress somehow.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#36]
Originally Posted By mc556:
This thread feels so much more relevant now.
View Quote

@mc556 - I agree with You Sir, but, Lets just pray Everyone remains calm and that we do not need to result to the any extreems.  Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:40:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SickMAK90] [#37]
Attachment Attached File

BCM upper, aero lower, aimpoint, SSA trigger, Kac rear blah blah
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:45:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bizzarolibe] [#38]
Finally built on my CWAR lower—registered as a CWAR

Definitely not a CWAR build though, but this would be my go to.

11.5” BCM MkII upper
Fail Zero NiB BCG
Dead Air Sandman K
Magpul’d to shit
Aimpoint T1 on the Aimpoint mount
Geissele S3G

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#39]
My 300BLK
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redmax28] [#40]
My Go-To 14.5 P/W mid length carbine

Upper
-SilencerCo Saker ASR P/W (Not Pictured)
-SOLGW 14.5" 1/7 Mid length FSB Barrel
-BCM MCMR 9 Rail
-BCM MLOK Rail panels rattle canned
-BCM KAG Rattle canned
-Modlite OKW (Now on other side with surefire ue and ST07 Pressure pad in magpul mlok rail kit)
-BCM blem upper (Small anodizing blem inside receiver. Basically no blem at all)
-SOLGW C158 BCG
-AXTS era Radian charging handle
-KAC 2-600 rear sight
-EO Tech EXPS3-0
-Holosun 3x Magnifier

Lower
-Aero M4E1 lower (Pictured on my identical SBR Lower. Don't @me fedboi's for 1")
-SOLGW Blaster guts kit
-DNC CAMO PMAG by Weichel Armament
-Geissele SDC Trigger
-BCM Mod 0 Grip
-V7 Ambi safety
-Troy ambi mag release
-Law Folder G3
-SOLGW Buffer Tube
-Geissele H2 Buffer
-Springco Blue Buffer Spring
-B5 Bravo Stock rattle canned
-Ferro Concepts Slingster

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:47:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: decoy007] [#42]
My SHTF rifle

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

That’s 3xUBL’s. You’re fine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

That's 3xUBL's. You're fine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cms81586:

That's 3xUBL's. You're fine.
UBL?

Something basic load?

The reasonable side of me knows I won't even need what I have, except for recreation. The other side wants all the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By redmax28:
My Go-To 14.5 P/W mid length carbine

Upper
-SilencerCo Saker ASR P/W (Not Pictured)
-SOLGW 14.5" 1/7 Mid length FSB Barrel
-BCM MCMR 9 Rail
-BCM MLOK Rail panels rattle canned
-BCM KAG Rattle canned
-Modlite OKW (Now on other side with surefire ue and ST07 Pressure pad in magpul mlok rail kit)
-BCM blem upper (Small anodizing blem inside receiver. Basically no blem at all)
-SOLGW C158 BCG
-AXTS era Radian charging handle
-KAC 2-600 rear sight
-EO Tech EXPS3-0
-Holosun 3x Magnifier

Lower
-Aero M4E1 lower (Pictured on my identical SBR Lower. Don't @me fedboi's for 1")
-SOLGW Blaster guts kit
-DNC CAMO PMAG by Weichel Armament
-Geissele SDC Trigger
-BCM Mod 0 Grip
-V7 Ambi safety
-Troy ambi mag release
-Law Folder G3
-SOLGW Buffer Tube
-Geissele H2 Buffer
-Springco Blue Buffer Spring
-B5 Bravo Stock rattle canned
-Ferro Concepts Slingster

https://i.imgur.com/VILIXsD.jpg?2
View Quote

How do you like the clarity and eyebox of the holosun?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:10:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#46]
UBL?

Something basic load?

The reasonable side of me knows I won't even need what I have, except for recreation. The other side wants all the ammo.
View Quote

UNIT BASIC LOAD:

The quantity of ammunition the major Army command (MACOM) authorizes for wartime purposes and are required to be designated for and carried into combat by a unit. The UBL provides the unit sufficient ammunition to sustain itself in combat until the unit can be resupplied.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#47]

UNIT BASIC LOAD:

The quantity of ammunition the major Army command (MACOM) authorizes for wartime purposes and are required to be designated for and carried into combat by a unit. The UBL provides the unit sufficient ammunition to sustain itself in combat until the unit can be resupplied.
View All Quotes
UBL?

Something basic load?

UNIT BASIC LOAD:

Gotcha. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Nalleywacker:

I really like it for the money. Its the slx 1-8, eyebox isnt great and gets alittle fuzzy at the edges. But iam comparing it to my khales lol honestly the eyebox is just as good as the nx8. And i really like the reticle. I recommend it to anyone looking for a lpvo under 500. You cant go wrong with it

I just need to ditch that scalarworks mount and get another 1.93 badger but in black for it and ill be very happy with it lol
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae246/nalleywhacker/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20200111_142906_788_zpsozd3pzje.jpg
View Quote

Is this is a BO? Or do you have over 3000 mags?!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

Is this is a BO? Or do you have over 3000 mags?!
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing.  I have a couple hundred, but damn, 3004???
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 61
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top