Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 61
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TBone556:
Does anyone have the link to the challenge thread from this? It was some sort of unsupported but no prone shooting challenge. Can someone IM me the link?
View Quote

@TBone556

Here you go and I look forward to your entry!!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/GOTOGUN-CHALLENGE--New-Shooting-Challenge/5-2275992/?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TBone556] [#2]
Originally Posted By EVR:

@TBone556

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/GOTOGUN-CHALLENGE--New-Shooting-Challenge/5-2275992/?
View Quote

Thanks a lot. You should give the grapefruit challenge a try. 50yds standing 50 rounds in under 2 minutes on a 6in target

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a4gqaybmela9r8/GRAPEFRUIT%20CHALLANGE.pdf?dl=0
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks a lot. You should give the grapefruit challenge a try. 50yds standing 50 rounds in under 2 minutes on a 6in target

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@TBone556

Thanks!  

Thanks for the link, too. I shot the old Molon Grapefruit Challenge with my AR10 B model.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
5.56 is defending the upstairs and .308 downstairs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Thanks!  

Thanks for the link, too. I shot the old Molon Grapefruit Challenge with my AR10 B model.  
View Quote

@EVR Whats have you been up too?  I have been loading about 40 AR Mags with between 1 and 5 rounds and doing Mag Change Drills due a lot lately.  I still want to train, but I don't want to replace ammo @ $400 / 1000rds.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Is that a complete Triarc rifle or just their rail? I got to meet their owner a few weeks ago. Cool dude. I got a buddy with their work gun and it’s a very smooth rifle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Is that a complete Triarc rifle or just their rail? I got to meet their owner a few weeks ago. Cool dude. I got a buddy with their work gun and it’s a very smooth rifle.
View All Quotes

Just the upper.  11.5".  Went with their "suppressed only" option.  As solid as I've seen a rail and bbl performance is outstanding.

Lower is LMT.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:23:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#10]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

Just the upper.  11.5".  Went with their "suppressed only" option.  As solid as I've seen a rail and bbl performance is outstanding.

Lower is LMT.
View Quote

I think My next purchase may well be from Triarc.  They are doing some pretty neat stuff, NICE RIFLE
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M-4matus:

I think My next purchase may well be from Triarc.  They are doing some pretty neat stuff, NICE RIFLE
View All Quotes

Lower is LMT.

Agreed. They’re a little behind (2-4) weeks on fulfillment but well worth the wait
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Lower is LMT.
View All Quotes

Lower is LMT.

Heard another shooter raving about his Triac 11.5" just the other day.  Almost ZERO POI shift from clean/cold to hot/dirty.
"Just like your 16" Krieger" he said.  He was pretty psyched up about it.
It does look sweet.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Left is boog rifle in 223 and right is HD/bedside/super-quiet OAF toobag/big igloo in 300blkout, yeah yeah 20rd mag my own funeral.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Lower is LMT.
View Quote

I’m going to have them cut a Glock 17 slide for me and I’m considering getting their work gun since I can get the mil price on it and do the 13.9. Chris their owner says it’s their smoothest barrel length.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

Heard another shooter raving about his Triac 11.5" just the other day.  Almost ZERO POI shift from clean/cold to hot/dirty.
It does look sweet.
View All Quotes

Lower is LMT.

It does look sweet.

Yeah, I have been into 11-5 bbl's LMT MARS-L Lowers.  Been slowly swapping all my NON-LIGHT WEIGHT ARs to MARS Lowers.  Just built 2) FBI HRT 11-5 Uppers.  I'm going to sell one and Buy a Triarc Upper.  
I would be done with My 12-5" LMT in 6.8 SPC but the darn Illumination Tools just wont ship.  I just got Tracking for my FDE D-BaL i2, but as for the FDE SF-M340 and TAPS Switch, it's been over 15 days and no Tracking yet....I do love the 6.8 SPC Cartridge so far.  I was surprised at how manageable the 6.8 recoil is.  A lot less kick than that of My 6.5 Grendel,  I had assumed .65 & 6.8 be about the same.

LOOKS KIND OF ODD WITHOUT WITHOUT ILLUMINATION TOOLS

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]

I’m going to have them cut a Glock 17 slide for me and I’m considering getting their work gun since I can get the mil price on it and do the 13.9. Chris their owner says it’s their smoothest barrel length.
View Quote

@DefenderAO - whats the Triarc Suppressed Upper weigh?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Right now it would be this one.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

My total upper config is 6lbs.  11.5" upper with 10.75" Trilok rail, Aimpoint T2 on LT660, Surefire M600 with switch, Magpul Pro sights, CH, BCG, GA M4SD-K can, Magpul VFG.  Suppressor alone is about 17 ounces

That's the one thing, other than quality, you'll notice about Triarc.  The uppers are pretty heavy.  But you're getting a battle-ready build
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#19]
So I noticed a bunch of people have EOtechs on their rifles, including me, any one have a concern about fumbling with a stupid button at 0300 when the door gets kicked in? Something I have been pondering.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
So I noticed a bunch of people have EOtechs on their rifles, including me, any one have a concern about fumbling with a stupid button at 0300 when the door gets kicked in? Something I have been pondering.
View Quote

I had a Vortex that needed to be turned on and I dumped it for the Aimpoint Pro for both of our HD guns, for exactly the reason you state.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:27:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EVR] [#21]

My total upper config is 6lbs.  11.5" upper with 10.75" Trilok rail, Aimpoint T2 on LT660, Surefire M600 with switch, Magpul Pro sights, CH, BCG, GA M4SD-K can, Magpul VFG.  Suppressor alone is about 17 ounces

That's the one thing, other than quality, you'll notice about Triarc.  The uppers are pretty heavy.  But you're getting a battle-ready build
View All Quotes

Been a really interesting thread to see how you guys get the weight down on these things.

The one I use the most with double sling goes 9 lbs and while it is centered on the back it isn't that bad even on top of the pack, but 3 lbs here and 3 there adds up.

I could have done w/ 3 less on yesterday's climb.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

No,
Unless I’m worried about a swat raid with high speed operators landing on the rooftop and then coming in through my bedroom window
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Before I got to sleep Ill push the button one setting up to restart the 8 hr cycle. I usually don't sleep more than 8 hours so no issue for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

https://i.ibb.co/SmGN3cQ/20200402-225335.jpg
View Quote

@Hydra-shokz  I like your style, sir!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Frens:

No,
Unless I’m worried about a swat raid with high speed operators landing on the rooftop and then coming in through my bedroom window
View Quote
I'm up and in the Shop at 0300 lately, But yeah, I started out an Eotech Guy.  Now I have 1) Eothec and 3) T2's 1) Comp M5...Aimpoint is always On Baby!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Yeah, I have been into 11-5 bbl's LMT MARS-L Lowers.  Been slowly swapping all my NON-LIGHT WEIGHT ARs to MARS Lowers.  Just built 2) FBI HRT 11-5 Uppers.  I'm going to sell one and Buy a Triarc Upper.  
I would be done with My 12-5" LMT in 6.8 SPC but the darn Illumination Tools just wont ship.  I just got Tracking for my FDE D-BaL i2, but as for the FDE SF-M340 and TAPS Switch, it's been over 15 days and no Tracking yet....I do love the 6.8 SPC Cartridge so far.  I was surprised at how manageable the 6.8 recoil is.  A lot less kick than that of My 6.5 Grendel,  I had assumed .65 & 6.8 be about the same.

LOOKS KIND OF ODD WITHOUT WITHOUT ILLUMINATION TOOLShttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200409_161706-1359225.jpg

View All Quotes

Lower is LMT.

It does look sweet.

LOOKS KIND OF ODD WITHOUT WITHOUT ILLUMINATION TOOLShttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200409_161706-1359225.jpg

Got another part Today and it's a goodie!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By OneRanger:
Left is boog rifle in 223 and right is HD/bedside/super-quiet OAF toobag/big igloo in 300blkout, yeah yeah 20rd mag my own funeral.
https://i.imgur.com/mq5EHwq.jpg
View Quote

this makes my pants tight
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]

I had a Vortex that needed to be turned on and I dumped it for the Aimpoint Pro for both of our HD guns, for exactly the reason you state.
View All Quotes

It's quite a common concern for those optics
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Been a really interesting thread to see how you guys get the weight down on these things.

The one I use the most with double sling goes 9 lbs and while it is centered on the back it isn't that bad even on top of the pack, but 3 lbs here and 3 there adds up.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQWz8LnV/skitrek04092020renpk-307-800x450.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Tw49vSps/skitrek04092020renpk-206-450x800.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/tJnzq564/skitrek04092020renpk-209-450x800.jpg
View All Quotes

Yeah.  And I have as light of an optic as could be.

The whole thing weighs roughly 10+ lbs.  Trade-offs...
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Somehow I misread the previous post.  But regardless, there are some light guns here and then, like yours and mine, some not-so-light.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
If I had to pick one, it would be my 11.5” SBR. I shoot it more than any other rifle I own and everything about it feels natural.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JarHead94:

@Hydra-shokz  I like your style, sir!
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

It's a non issue.

I see pictures of guys running T2's that claim they run them always on for HD, yet they have both lens covers closed.  Guaranteed it takes more time to remove both lens covers than it would to press the button on your EOtech.

If you are that concerned just turn the optic on before you go to bed.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MandPdude:

It's a non issue.

I see pictures of guys running T2's that claim they run them always on for HD, yet they have both lens covers closed.  Guaranteed it takes more time to remove both lens covers than it would to press the button on your EOtech.

View All Quotes

It's a non issue.

W/ my Aimpoint PROs, I don't even need to open the lens covers.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Lol lens covers on indestructible optics in your bedroom.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Somehow I misread the previous post.  But regardless, there are some light guns here and then, like yours and mine, some not-so-light.
View All Quotes

No Triarc upper will ever be part of a weight-conscious build
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#39]

It's a non issue.

View All Quotes

It's a non issue.

T2’s have clear ocular covers. Front is clear or opaque; neither matter with both eyes open.

So yes, leaving them up is fighting ready. I chose to have a clear front cover.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: country_boy87] [#40]

Colt m4a1 clone.
I have a surefire m951 coming, and Im waiting for the 5x prism from PA.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Uh I have a ton.....I lost in a boating accident.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#42]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
https://i.imgur.com/uxm2jBb.jpg

Colt m4a1 clone.
I have a surefire m951 coming, and Im waiting for the 5x prism from PA.
View Quote

I have a similar rifle also sitting waiting for an optic...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:38:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mattjedi] [#43]
Aimpoints don’t need lense covers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#44]

T2's have clear ocular covers. Front is clear or opaque; neither matter with both eyes open.

View All Quotes

It's a non issue.

T2's have clear ocular covers. Front is clear or opaque; neither matter with both eyes open.

First thing I've done with the couple of Aimpoints that have come with lens covers is pop them off and toss them somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

First thing I've done with the couple of Aimpoints that have come with lens covers is pop them off and toss them somewhere.
View All Quotes

It's a non issue.

It’s nice one can either keep them or toss them. I prefer the former to keep the lens from debris or being scratched
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:24:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#46]

View Quote

All of My completely capable battle rifles seem to weigh 8.5-10lbs.  I have LW Builds, But anything that I have built to depend on just seems to fall in that 9lbs range.  I have came to realize, they just weigh what they weigh.  If you have Free Float Rails, IR Illumination, Vis. Illumination, Optics, BUIS, Suppressors, Foregrips, Slings, Etc., it simply adds up to= Fairly Heavy...For Me, it's all about displacement, 9lbs doesn't feel that heavy when they are balanced correctly.  I'm also a big fan of a 2 point sling.  Even run them on My 10-5's.  

Once you get up past 10lbs, ie AR-10's.  I start to feel it.  Especially on a long hunt or hike.  I'm glad there are currently many Hunting capable Cartridges for the AR-15's now a days. I am partial to 6.8 SPC, where I live this round matches well with the terrain, especially in a shorter barrel like My 12-5 LMT.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#47]

It’s nice one can either keep them or toss them. I prefer the former to keep the lens from debris or being scratched
View All Quotes

It's a non issue.

I'm surprised Anyone would not use the Aimpoint Lens Covers.  They work very well for Me.  I open them both in nice weather.  In rain or snow I keep the muzzle down with the front cover open and the rear closed.  Works well for Me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

@DefenderAO
Triarc uppers might be a bit heavy, but they are tuned very well.  I think this is the point I like about Triarc the most.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#50]

@DefenderAO
Triarc uppers might be a bit heavy, but they are tuned very well.  I think this is the point I like about Triarc the most.
View All Quotes

@DefenderAO

It's there best upper I've used.  Accurate and built very solidly.  It is my go-to brand now though hearing good things about Centurion.  I will say the "suppressed only" Triarc has a .50 gas port size.  It's so smooth.
Page / 61
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top