[#1]
I’ve really enjoyed this thread
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smokedoff:
View Quote

Thanks Brother, I have too.  It has turned exactly how I had hoped...Tons of pis of BA AR's and a lot of great information.  This thread has certainly changed the way I view My AR collection and how I set up My GoTo Rifle.  Higher Mounts and different sling set ups to name a few.

KEEP THOSE IMAGES ROLLING IN!
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

It's there best upper I've used.  Accurate and built very solidly.  It is my go-to brand now though hearing good things about Centurion.  I will say the "suppressed only" Triarc has a .50 gas port size.  It's so smooth.
View Quote

.50 Port Size...Good to know.  I was thinking about building a 13-7 barrel out of a 14-5 Colt Blank I have.  I wanted to runa Plan B setup and pretty much only ever shoot it with My Omega 300.  Maybe I'll port it .50 to start...
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By M-4matus:

.50 Port Size...Good to know.  I was thinking about building a 13-7 barrel out of a 14-5 Colt Blank I have.  I wanted to runa Plan B setup and pretty much only ever shoot it with My Omega 300.  Maybe I'll port it .50 to start...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's there best upper I've used.  Accurate and built very solidly.  It is my go-to brand now though hearing good things about Centurion.  I will say the "suppressed only" Triarc has a .50 gas port size.  It's so smooth.

I'm not sure it's .50 for every upper length.  At least for the 11.5" 5.56 it is...
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By smokedoff:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
One of these 2. I acknowledge the benefits of rds and lights but i really prefer shooting and carrying my 20" A2.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:59:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#7]

I'm not sure it's .50 for every upper length.  At least for the 11.5" 5.56 it is...
View Quote

@DefenderAO
As I am building the barrel from a blank, I will start at .50 and work upp from there.  I think .50 would probably work well Suppressed, but probably not so well Un Suppressed.  As I plan to run this particular Build exclusively Suppressed, it might just be perfect.  If not, I'll jump up .05 at a time until I get consistently reliable results with the Plan B/ Omega 300 Setup.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]

@DefenderAO
As I am building the barrel from a blank, I will start at .50 and work upp from there.  I think .50 would probably work well Suppressed, but probably not so well Un Suppressed.  As I plan to run this particular Build exclusively Suppressed, it might just be perfect.  If not, I'll jump up .05 at a time until I get consistently reliable results with the Plan B/ Omega 300 Setup.
View Quote

Interesting to see your results with 5.56 and the .30cal Omega.
I believe that the Omega does have a smaller bore compared to most other .30 cal cans though, and is somewhat known for a little more back pressure.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
So I noticed a bunch of people have EOtechs on their rifles, including me, any one have a concern about fumbling with a stupid button at 0300 when the door gets kicked in? Something I have been pondering.
View Quote

I herd someone say an EOTech is a better offensive sight and an Aimpoint is a better defensive sight. I think that statement has a lot of merit.

I’ve used both and prefer the reticle and clarity of the EOTech but the battery life of the Aimpoints allowing them to always be on makes them my choice for a HD rifle.  If you gave me a 10min heads up I’d take the EOTech.

I don’t want to have to remember to turn on my sight when a door gets kicked in or every night before bed. Just one more thing to go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]

@DefenderAO
View All Quotes

@DefenderAO

That’s a good plan. BCM is something like .76 for their 11.5”. Many say it’s gassy but also designed for non suppressed. I believe Daniel Defense is .69.  I think the non “suppressed only” 11.5 is like .67 or around there. I have no plans to ever shoot mine without a can so .50 is very nice. I’m using a JP Enterprise spring and buffer. Normal Non-semi BCG. And Triarc doesn’t come with an adj gas block which I’m very good with.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I herd someone say an EOTech is a better offensive sight and an Aimpoint is a better defensive sight. I think that statement has a lot of merit.

I’ve used both and prefer the reticle and clarity of the EOTech but the battery life of the Aimpoints allowing them to always be on makes them my choice for a HD rifle.  If you gave me a 10min heads up I’d take the EOTech.

I don’t want to have to remember to turn on my sight when a door gets kicked in or every night before bed. Just one more thing to go wrong.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
So I noticed a bunch of people have EOtechs on their rifles, including me, any one have a concern about fumbling with a stupid button at 0300 when the door gets kicked in? Something I have been pondering.

EoTech shines in a .mil context where batteries and replacements are copious.

If Aimpoint can make a 25-28mm “micro” I think, in part, it will be significant. But they need to do so under $1K. And people will still buy the MRO for American made aspect.

I had a Triji SRS. I had a TA-11 with piggy backed Red Dot. I just prefer the Aimpoint micros for all applications outside of NODs and thermal pig hunting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#13]

That’s a good plan. BCM is something like .76 for their 11.5”. Many say it’s gassy but also designed for non suppressed. I believe Daniel Defense is .69.  I think the non “suppressed only” 11.5 is like .67 or around there. I have no plans to ever shoot mine without a can so .50 is very nice. I’m using a JP Enterprise spring and buffer. Normal Non-semi BCG. And Triarc doesn’t come with an adj gas block which I’m very good with.
View Quote

Yes, the BCM 11.5" is ~.76, and mine is pretty gassy with a 5.56 can.

A bootleg adjustable carrier really helps, but knowing what I know now, and never shooting the gun unsuppressed, I would have gone a different route even though I am a huge BCM fan.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

A bootleg adjustable carrier really helps, but knowing what I know now, and never shooting the gun unsuppressed, I would have gone a different route even though I am a huge BCM fan.
View All Quotes

i've had similar results with my BCM 11.5 ELW.
Sprinco "blue" spring, h2 buffer, and a full auto bootleg carrier were needed to tame it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BrWn001COW:

i've had similar results with my BCM 11.5 ELW.
Sprinco "blue" spring, h2 buffer, and a full auto bootleg carrier were needed to tame it.
View Quote

That is the exact combo I'm using. One click from unsuppressed gets me consistent 3 o'clock ejection. Full suppressed and it short strokes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Through this Thread, I have been influenced by many Items and Ideas that I simply would not have knowledge of have it not have been for seeing these ideas on screen.  I look forward to an viewing upcoming images and hope to see an increase of Technical Information and Schematics.  This could pertain to Your own specific Custom Builds, Semi-Custom or Factory Builds.  All of this at Home Time has got Me tinkering and looking at all the individual items I have procured.  And, for such a specific Platform and Purpose of Use, wow, We have all gone off a very fun and interesting Deep End.  Ammo has also been a very hot topic.  Possiby some have worries about ammo procurment currently.  Where can I find it? Do I have enough?

I just had an interesting thought;  

I'm currently loading My range bag, loading mags, moving around ammo cans around the shop etc..  A question that has Us all interested occured to Me.  How much ammo do I need?  Or, more particularly, do I have enough ammo?  As I am lugging this stuff around I just figured out exactly how much ammo I NEED.  Exactly as much as I can personally carry, loaded out with whatever given materials I am also required to carry for a given situation.

As it is, in fact, impossible for Me to utilize a single round more than I can physically carry at a given time.  I think I have My answer.  Certainly not nearly as much as I have.  And definitely not nearly as much as I just simply want to own out of the pure joy of having AMMO!  I love it.  Hell, I love the amount of empties I have!  But, mostly, I really fucking like to go shooting!  I love shooting anything I can get my hands on, but, for Me the AR/M4, in all It's many variants just happens to be the most fun of all.

I therefore, am going to continue with train almost as normal.  I will increase Mag Change Drills (1 to 4 rounds per mag, bring 40-50 mags to the range), Left Handed and Long Range Training.  Mainly, I'm not going to worry Myself out of the pure All American fun that is Range Time.  The End.

THIS WAS A GOOD YEAR
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#17]
As I am lugging this stuff around I just figured out exactly how much ammo I NEED.  Exactly as much as I can personally carry, loaded out with whatever given materials I am also required to carry for a given situation..

THIS WAS A GOOD YEAR
View Quote

That has always been my position and point when discussing how much is enough.  People scoff at the idea, but almost everyone has it for SHTF/bug-out, not the last stand at the Alamo.  

I have always found it hilarious when people try to use this argument and claim you don’t have enough but their stuff is sitting in loose pack or on stripper clips.  

Having it because you got a good deal and like going to the range is one thing, but those who argue you don’t have 100x more than you can carry if you needed to get out in a hurry are kidding themselves.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]

-Colt cage code BAFE upper receiver
-Colt 11.5” heavy profile barrel with shaved FSB
-Geissele MK4
-LMT EBCG
-Geissele ACH
-LMT Imperial BUIS
-BCM VFG
-Aimpoint T2
-Magpul MS1 sling
-Surefire M600DF

-LMT MARS-L lower receiver
-Geissele SD-C
-Geissele Super 42 H2
-Geissele LPK
-BCM Mod 3 grip
-PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube with Ratchet Lock Castle Nut and End Plate
-B5 Sopmod
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By india13c:

That has always been my position and point when discussing how much is enough.  People scoff at the idea, but almost everyone has it for SHTF/bug-out, not the last stand at the Alamo.  

I have always found it hilarious when people try to use this argument and claim you don’t have enough but their stuff is sitting in loose pack or on stripper clips.  

Having it because you got a good deal and like going to the range is one thing, but those who argue you don’t have 100x more than you can carry if you needed to get out in a hurry are kidding themselves.
View All Quotes
As I am lugging this stuff around I just figured out exactly how much ammo I NEED.  Exactly as much as I can personally carry, loaded out with whatever given materials I am also required to carry for a given situation..

THIS WAS A GOOD YEAR

This is how I tend to prepare as well.

I have 10 or 11 mags loaded up and stuffed into a 5.11 Bailout Bag (I think that’s the name of it). I also have a UW Gear 3 mag bandolier, a kydex ar15 single mag belt pouch and belt stuffed in there too.

HD gun has a loaded 20 rounder in it. I think a single 20 or 30 rounder would be more than enough to fend off a curious coyote or a two legged critter home invasion. The bag is close by in the case of something more serious but highly unlikely (say a drive by shooting). The bag really is more of a survival sustainment pack; something I can grab quick that will have enough ammo to procure game with For years and use for self defense if I need to bug out to the country. I hope, but I doubt I’d survive long enough to blast through 2 mags in a gun fight much less 10.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#20]
My go to do everything rifle. I have been shopping optics pretty hard, and don't know exactly
what I want to get. I like the Holosun reticle with the green circle dot, but I am not certain I
trust it 100%. I might bust out for a real eotech, or maybe the Trijicon mro HD, but I am
not sold on either of those as well. The one I really like is the acog 1.5, but IDK if I'll ever actually
be able to get one.

Rifle is a Colt 6920, bought when I first came to this site for advice. Streamlight protac, Cloud Defensive
switch mount, and Magpul Pro rear sight, which IMO, is still a little stiff to raise and lower. Magpul STR,
foregrip, MS4 sling, K2 SL grip, and battle steel forend with Magpul rail covers.

Rifle balances great, can be shot one handed,
and is zeroed at 100 yds, which is the max I can do in my area.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Apologies for potato quality pics. Phone camera is all I have.

Rifle had some recent updates. Always a work in progress.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]

The one standing up would be my "go-to" AR.  Plane Jane Geissele Super Duty with a Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-8.5 in a Warne QD mount, Troy backups, Cloud Defensive OWL and a Magpul MS1 sling.

The only problem is it's pretty dang hefty...  Do y'all think it would be worth it to swap out the OWL for the REIN or more traditional light setup to shave some weight?  I really like LVPOs and greatly prefer them to any other optic (actually sold my 512 and PRO) but they come with the extra weight!  I know the Bushnell is kind of a pig but I love it and would rather not swap it out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:18:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#22]
Originally Posted By twistid1:
https://i.imgur.com/MGLoN4j.jpg

The one standing up would be my "go-to" AR.  Plane Jane Geissele Super Duty with a Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-8.5 in a Warne QD mount, Troy backups, Cloud Defensive OWL and a Magpul MS1 sling.

The only problem is it's pretty dang hefty...  Do y'all think it would be worth it to swap out the OWL for the REIN or more traditional light setup to shave some weight?  I really like LVPOs and greatly prefer them to any other optic (actually sold my 512 and PRO) but they come with the extra weight!  I know the Bushnell is kind of a pig but I love it and would rather not swap it out.
View All Quotes

the green super duty looks like a badass, capable setup, good job. how are you liking the bushnell scope?

Originally Posted By Cdm1985:
https://i.imgur.com/VbeSfz4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3ZDzsAn.jpg

-Geissele MK4
-LMT EBCG
-Geissele ACH
-LMT Imperial BUIS
-BCM VFG
-Aimpoint T2
-Magpul MS1 sling
-Surefire M600DF

-Geissele SD-C
-Geissele Super 42 H2
-Geissele LPK
-BCM Mod 3 grip
-B5 Sopmod

this is a great build, well done

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File
I place my faith in Universal Good Will and The Brotherhood of Man

Universal Good Will is a first- generation S&W M&P9 FS, with Trijicon sights, a Surefire X300 light with DG switch,  and is loaded with Winchester Ranger TA 127gr JHP, the +p+ load.

The Brotherhood of Man is an 11.5 5.56 SBR, built on a Form 1 with a DSG Duty- Grade upper (Geissle mk8 fore-end and Ballistic Advantage 1:7 barrel), on an almost all- stock  RRA lower, fitted with an Aimpoint T1 in Daniel Defense mount and Surefire Fury EAG in Arisaka offset mount, and Viking Tactics padded sling, and loaded with Hornady TAP T2 75gr OTM.

The next upgrade is going to be to make The Brotherhood of Man be a lot quieter, once I get my Trumpbux.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:51:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:
My go to do everything rifle. I have been shopping optics pretty hard, and don't know exactly
what I want to get. I like the Holosun reticle with the green circle dot, but I am not certain I
trust it 100%. I might bust out for a real eotech, or maybe the Trijicon mro HD, but I am
not sold on either of those as well. The one I really like is the acog 1.5, but IDK if I'll ever actually
be able to get one.

Rifle is a Colt 6920, bought when I first came to this site for advice. Streamlight protac, Cloud Defensive
switch mount, and Magpul Pro rear sight, which IMO, is still a little stiff to raise and lower. Magpul STR,
foregrip, MS4 sling, K2 SL grip, and battle steel forend with Magpul rail covers.

Rifle balances great, can be shot one handed,
and is zeroed at 100 yds, which is the max I can do in my area.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453455/IMG_20200412_210530050__2__jpg-1364782.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453455/IMG_20200412_210628631_jpg-1364785.JPG

Apologies for potato quality pics. Phone camera is all I have.

Rifle had some recent updates. Always a work in progress.
View Quote

I don’t know if you’ve tried the 1.5x Acog or not but for me it was a big disappointment. I really wanted to like it and on paper it seems great. But... for me it was the worst attributes of a red dot and Acog when I thought it was going to be completely the opposite.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Suppressed 300 blackout SBR for HD.

18" 5.56 SPRish for everything else.

Yes, the sling is Kryptek But hey, it's better than no sling.

Still need a micro rds for the SPR.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ForestRegion:
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/1663864508872720/large/1586784848/enhance

Suppressed 300 blackout SBR for HD.

18" 5.56 SPRish for everything else.

Yes, the sling is Kryptek But hey, it's better than no sling.

Still need a micro rds for the SPR.
View Quote

Kryptek works surprisingly well...its just so damn expensive compared to woodland or even multicam.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yep. I had a BCM upper in my cart until I read the gassy complaints. I’m a fan of the brand but Triarc was the better call for my use case
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

@ twistid1
Hey Brother, I'd give quite a lot for that Geissele Super Duty Green Lower.  I have been looking for Geissele Green and Grey Lower & Upper Receivers for 5 months.  All I found so far was a Geissele GCH in Grey.  I really want a Geissele Green Lower and Grey Upper  I have 2 FDE Lowers and 1 FDE Upper.  IDK, at the time of the sale I just wasn't thinkiing about it and did not buy any Green or Grey.  Now I have a build all planned, half the parts, AND NO RECEIVERS>>>

Anyway, very nice Pics!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cdm1985:
https://i.imgur.com/VbeSfz4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3ZDzsAn.jpg

-Geissele MK4
-LMT EBCG
-Geissele ACH
-LMT Imperial BUIS
-BCM VFG
-Aimpoint T2
-Magpul MS1 sling
-Surefire M600DF
SICK!
-Geissele SD-C
-Geissele Super 42 H2
-Geissele LPK
-BCM Mod 3 grip
-B5 Sopmod
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:36:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#30]
View Quote

JFC. Do you worry about operating your WML too?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 6:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#31]
Finally got My LMT finished with the addition of a 12-5 six8 SPC Barrel and FDE Illumination Tools.  The new SF M340, with 200 degrees of rotation availabel in an M-Lok Mount is really nice.  The SF Mount design certainly makes for a nice narrow profile.  I believe this to be the most forward thinking design change SF has made to any of Their WML's in many years.   This modernized version of the SF M-Series will be My choice of WML for both GoTo Rifles.  I will be ordering an M640DF in black and another M340 in Black to mount up on the GoTo's soon.  Hope You enjoy the images-

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhalo] [#32]

View Quote

Tap your BCM gas block and stick a BRT insert in(Set screw with a hole in it) with whatever the hell size GP size you want. Not a big deal. Takes a few mins to do.

Might even better as you'll have less erosion on the screw then the GP on the barrel. It's the same thing FN does with the SCAR.

I'm a big fan of the Bootleg adjustable carrier. I like my 11.5's to run un suppressed if needed and I'll choke them down from there with the Bootleg. Even though all 3 of them have dedicated cans. All are running around .067 Gas port set screws w/ bootlegs. My old BCM included.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Thanks Brother, I have too.  It has turned exactly how I had hoped...Tons of pis of BA AR's and a lot of great information.  This thread has certainly changed the way I view My AR collection and how I set up My GoTo Rifle.  Higher Mounts and different sling set ups to name a few.

View Quote

Really an awesome thread. Sling setup is definitely one thing I need to look at. I'm still on deployment (be home in a few weeks 🤘🏻) but when I was home on leave, my sling would get in the way of reloads a lot at the range. Need to figure that one out as, with the addition of a DBAL and dual switch on the top rail, I don't have a lot of real estate left on my rail

(Don't think it's a dupe pic but sorry if it is)
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

Really an awesome thread. Sling setup is definitely one thing I need to look at. I'm still on deployment (be home in a few weeks 🤘🏻) but when I was home on leave, my sling would get in the way of reloads a lot at the range. Need to figure that one out as, with the addition of a DBAL and dual switch on the top rail, I don't have a lot of real estate left on my rail

https://i.ibb.co/MBN6mdq/20200309-133035.jpg
View Quote

That’s a fairly wide sling.  I’d get something like the Edgar Sherman sling which will cut down on the possibility of snagging.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#35]

That’s a fairly wide sling.  I’d get something like the Edgar Sherman sling which will cut down on the possibility of snagging.
View Quote

Yeah it's a Magpul sling. I like it but it is wide and it can be hard to grab the slider when wearing kit. I've been looking at getting either the Ed Sherman or a Slingster.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Agreed,I have a sling like the one pictured, mine is a Magpul,  I run in on a rifle I never use.  I like Halely Strategic Slings, I but them bare ended and do what works for the situation.  Most end up with a QD Swivel on one end and get perminatley affixed to my SOPMODS
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Finally got My LMT finished with the addition of a 12-5 six8 SPC Barrel and FDE Illumination Tools.  The new SF M340, with 200 degrees of rotation availabel in an M-Lok Mount is really nice.  The SF Mount design certainly makes for a nice narrow profile.  I believe this to be the most forward thinking design change SF has made to any of Their WML's in many years.   This modernized version of the SF M-Series will be My choice of WML for both GoTo Rifles.  I will be ordering an M640DF in black and another M340 in Black to mount up on the GoTo's soon.  Hope You enjoy the images-
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200415_182231-1369121.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/cz1rsfgt-1369126.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200415_182707-1369120.jpg
View Quote

@M-4matus I've thought the same about the new Surefires too. I don't have one yet, but it's on the short list for my 12.5". I will move the M600 currently on there over to the SPR.

Beautiful build man. It really needs a sopmod stock
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#38]

@M-4matus I've thought the same about the new Surefires too. I don't have one yet, but it's on the short list for my 12.5". I will move the M600 currently on there over to the SPR.

View All Quotes
Finally got My LMT finished with the addition of a 12-5 six8 SPC Barrel and FDE Illumination Tools.  The new SF M340, with 200 degrees of rotation available in an M-Lok Mount is really nice.  The SF Mount design certainly makes for a nice narrow profile.  I believe this to be the most forward thinking design change SF has made to any of Their WML's in many years.   This modernized version of the SF M-Series will be My choice of WML for both GoTo Rifles.  I will be ordering an M640DF in black and another M340 in Black to mount up on the GoTo's soon.  Hope You enjoy the images-
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200415_182231-1369121.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/cz1rsfgt-1369126.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200415_182707-1369120.jpg

@ForestRegion  - Yeah Brother, highly recommend the new SF M-340C and M-640DF.  I was able to set mine in such a perfect position.  In the image below One can see the evolution in mounting systems from oldest to newest in terms of "Modern WML Mounting Systems" and how the WML Mount has made weapon profiles smaller.  This evolution has helped in terms of ergonomics and ease of installation/removal.  As I briefly mentioned above, I'm switching out all My SBR/AR Pistols w/ SF M-340C's, all My AR Carbines and Rifles are getting new M-640DF's.

I believe there are a few companies that have made a name producing accessory mounts for the SF M Series WML over the past several years that are now obsolete.  The new M-3/640 lights are VERY NICE and certainly do not require any secondary components to produce the perfect fixture point for any WML.  In the bottom two images One can see that the new Surefire M-340c coupled w/ a Steiner D-BaL measures in at under 3 1/8" where as the almost same setup measures in at just under 3 7/16'' when utilizing an SBR Mount.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#39]

@ForestRegion  - Yeah Brother, highly recommend the new SF M-340C and M-640DF.  I was able to set mine in such a perfect position.  In the image below One can see the evolution in mounting systems from oldest to newest in terms of "Modern WML Mounting Systems" and how the WML Mount has made weapon profiles smaller.  This evolution has helped in terms of ergonomics and ease of installation/removal.  As I briefly mentioned above, I'm switching out all My SBR/AR Pistols w/ SF M-340C's, all My AR Carbines and Rifles are getting new M-640DF's.

I believe there are a few companies that have made a name producing accessory mounts for the SF M Series WML over the past several years that are now obsolete.  The new M-3/640 lights are VERY NICE and certainly do not require any secondary components to produce the perfect fixture point for any WML.  In the bottom two images One can see that the new Surefire M-340c coupled w/ a Steiner D-BaL measures in at under 3 1/8" where as the almost same setup measures in at just under 3 7/16'' when utilizing an SBR Mount.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/20200416_121145-1370214.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/fm7nzjjr-1370217.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/484978/tdau1ryn-1370219.jpg
View Quote

The form factor of those lights look nice! How is the durability of those swivels- do the lights move if bumped around?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JinNTonic:

The form factor of those lights look nice! How is the durability of those swivels- do the lights move if bumped around?
View Quote

I believe once you get the angle you desire you tighten the pivot screw and it keeps it in place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

@JinNTonic
Not that I have seen.  It has a very positive locking screw on the front of the pivot point and the threaded side is a steel insert, which I like.  I think believe due to the steel insert it will be completely sound for many years of use.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:38:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#42]
Originally Posted By docECHO85:

I believe once you get the angle you desire you tighten the pivot screw and it keeps it in place.
View Quote

@docECHO85
Yes, this is exactly correct.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

No experience with this mount BUT I’ve used the older M76 mount for years without issue.
This newer mount design looks even better than my M76.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Noveske Lower (Duracoated Coyote) with Geissele internals, gas tube, and Geissele SDC trigger.
Geissele URGI near clone upper (14.5 pinned) with Geissele Reliability Enhanced BCG
Eotech EXPS 3-2 and G33
Magpul Pro Buis
Modlite PLHV2 l1350 light
Cloud Defense LCS
Geissele rail panels duracoated Coyote tan
Slate Black Industries Slate Stop duracoated Coyote tan
B5 pistol grip & stock
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Are the geissele fde color buffer tubes discontinued? I am having a hard time finding one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:01:32 AM EDT
[#46]

@JinNTonic
Not that I have seen.  It has a very positive locking screw on the front of the pivot point and the threaded side is a steel insert, which I like.  I think believe due to the steel insert it will be completely sound for many years of use.
View Quote

Thanks for the info guys! Got one on the way- excited to put it to use!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By topgunshooter:
Are the geissele fde color buffer tubes discontinued? I am having a hard time finding one.
View Quote

@topgunshooter

I doubt they are discontinued. They had a lot of trouble with their DDC finish during the 2019 BF cluster. I assume they are trying to get the finish consistent, catch up on orders/resupply...you might see them come back for the sale in May, but don't expect to get it before June.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#48]

@topgunshooter

I doubt they are discontinued. They had a lot of trouble with their DDC finish during the 2019 BF cluster. I assume they are trying to get the finish consistent, catch up on orders/resupply...you might see them come back for the sale in May, but don't expect to get it before June.
View Quote

Yeah, I have several Geissele items on My list.  All have been out of stock since the BF Sale.  I would agree with FR, Geissele will most likely not have a complete restock until the Summer.

That being said, I would post a WTB add for one. Someone will respond.  Many People bought in bulk.  I Personally had 3 FDE RE's.  Used 2 and traded 1.  I have seen a lot of Colt Green RE's for sale lately, not that that helps...
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I have that sling on one of my rifles and had to adjust it to get the slider as far down towards the rifle as I could for the same reason.  BTW nice rifle (as I stated in a different thread as well).

BCM SBR
BCM 300blk upper
T2 on Scalarworks
Protac on Arisaka/Cloud tape mount
Griffin minimalist brake
Griffin RECCE7
Magpul Pro irons

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 61
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top