Page / 184
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A beautiful classic
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Haha no, fortunately! I'm talking to him now via email about a trade option if SDMF_Rebel doesn't outbid/out trade me . If it falls through then I will just buy one new next month. That just pushed me over the edge. I already took off the KAC FF RAS to move to another rifle I'm that committed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

Was that a joke EE ad??? Or was that the best and worst luck timing for me on the EE?

Haha no, fortunately! I'm talking to him now via email about a trade option if SDMF_Rebel doesn't outbid/out trade me . If it falls through then I will just buy one new next month. That just pushed me over the edge. I already took off the KAC FF RAS to move to another rifle I'm that committed.

6 years on here and various other websites, never see them. The one time I mention one it comes up. Oh well, you live and learn. I’ve also never seen a hot single blonde walking down the street offering free guns and booze.

On a serious note I may sell some of my KAC URX’s I’m not using and buy one if I see someone else post one in here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]

6 years on here and various other websites, never see them. The one time I mention one it comes up. Oh well, you live and learn. I’ve also never seen a hot single blonde walking down the street offering free guns and booze.

On a serious note I may sell some of my KAC URX’s I’m not using and buy one if I see someone else post one in here.
View Quote

Don't say that. It will happen (selling off your shit). Every time I've made that statement in this thread and the NSW thread, these kind folks like to run it in and make you want it more. Savages like that!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Was that a joke EE ad??? Or was that the best and worst luck timing for me on the EE?

Buy the one that's posted homie
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

View Quote

I second that. It needs to go to a GWOTonian. We are still running options but I'm 100% positive that he would rather have the cash. Do you, booboo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I thought one of y’all had taken it! Just IM’d the guy saying I’d buy it for asking price so we’ll see
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]

I thought one of y’all had taken it! Just IM’d the guy saying I’d buy it for asking price so we’ll see
View Quote

I was trying to cheap out because I don't have the extra funds at the moment. I'll be right there with you next month, though! Anyone need a FF RAS?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while and love the builds here. I enjoy the Block1/2 threads but don’t think I’d be able to justify the cost to clone an exact rifle and not be exactly what I want in the end.

Hope this is gtg here pretty simple Upper I picked up and started messing with on my PSA M4A1 lower.

Originally planned to pull the barrel for my RIS II rail build (will end up here not going to be a full clone either) but thinking of just leaving this together and working on it and picking up a different 14.5 barrel
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
This is also the best place to ask:

Redi Mag yay or nay?

What are the main differences between the RIS II FSP and the KAC MRE? Is the KAC popular just because it is a classic or are there other pros to it over the RIS?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

Redi Mag yay or nay?

What are the main differences between the RIS II FSP and the KAC MRE? Is the KAC popular just because it is a classic or are there other pros to it over the RIS?

Thanks
View Quote

Redi-Mag/Mod is an absolute yay. Not necessary but I like it.

And honestly the MRE offers to pros other than OG cool. DD RIS II FSP with the fill bottom rail and closer/no extra gap in front of the FSP are pros over the MRE. That being said, the OGness is what sold me on the MRE. Go MRE.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm rebuilding my A4 now, your pics make me happy
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:01:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#12]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

I'm rebuilding my A4 now, your pics make me happy

View Quote

my rack numbers bring all the Vets to the yard.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#13]
Random thought of the day...

I bet there's a direct correlation to cloners and gwot cloners with how much we drink.

For example - the more you drink the more likely you are to spend $800 on a part that's been obsolete in every way for fifteen years.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]

I bet there's a direct correlation to cloners and gwot cloners with how much we drink.

For example - the more you drink the more likely you are to spend $800 on a part that's been obsolete in every way for fifteen years.
View Quote

Can we add Ambien to that list? I rarely drink, but Ambien sends me straight into fuck-it mode and I wake up to emails confirming orders.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:34:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#15]

View Quote

im a straight edge and an iraq vet. im 100% fully aware of all the poor decisions i make.

i have nothing else to blame but my own GWOT desires
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Bought the ARMS 59! Thanks for not letting him know about the thread and for passing on the rail @CMCctx  

I thankfully have a spare lower with an A2 Stock and SSA-E “God Bless Texas” edition in it. For Travis Haley vibes I’m thinking 20”, and I’ve decided I’m gonna try it with the PRI, and unless it’s perfect, I’m going to a Fixed FSB. Would it be sacrilegious to put a different caliber? Maybe a faster .224 caliber? 6mm ARC? Grendel? It’s going to get a match barrel and down the road, some reloading.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:36:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#17]

Bought the ARMS 59! Thanks for not letting him know about the thread and for passing on the rail @CMCctx  

I thankfully have a spare lower with an A2 Stock and SSA-E “God Bless Texas” edition in it. For Travis Haley vibes I’m thinking 20”, and I’ve decided I’m gonna try it with the PRI, and unless it’s perfect, I’m going to a Fixed FSB. Would it be sacrilegious to put a different caliber? Maybe a faster .224 caliber? 6mm ARC? Grendel? It’s going to get a match barrel and down the road, some reloading.
View Quote

Hell yeah! And fixed FSB is what that thing was made for. Keep it classique! Where in Texas are you?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#18]

And honestly the MRE offers to pros other than OG cool. DD RIS II FSP with the fill bottom rail and closer/no extra gap in front of the FSP are pros over the MRE. That being said, the OGness is what sold me on the MRE. Go MRE.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

Redi Mag yay or nay?

Thanks

Thanks

Redi-Mag is on the way and scored a SOPMOD stock tonight as well.

I think once the RIS II build is done I’ll start hunting for a KAC MRE
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Hell yeah! And fixed FSB is what that thing was made for. Keep it classique! Where in Texas are you?
View Quote

I’m between the Del Rio/San Antonio areas and the Odessa/midland area for work back and forth
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Can we add Ambien to that list? I rarely drink, but Ambien sends me straight into fuck-it mode and I wake up to emails confirming orders.
View Quote

I took ambien and ended up at walmart (friend drove me after i texted him that it was an emergency at 0100....two bottles of buffalo trace smoothed that one over, glad it's always in stock and under 20 bucks at the Walter Reed class 6 ) on the floor in the toy aisle surrounded by rick and morty lego sets texting my wife that we needed all of them.

I've just dealt with the insomnia since that happened....it's less dangerous.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have experience shimming a barrel extension? This CLE barrel clicks in nicely to the C AF upper but there's a little bit of wobble. I'm sure it won't matter much when I torque on the barrel nut, but I figure while it's out I might give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Fuck yo couch
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have experience shimming a barrel extension? This CLE barrel clicks in nicely to the C AF upper but there's a little bit of wobble. I'm sure it won't matter much when I torque on the barrel nut, but I figure while it's out I might give it a whirl.
View Quote

Brownells sells shim stock packs with a variety of thicknesses.  If it's just a thou or two you can probably get away with using a little loctite on the extension (just a little, and keep it closer to the chamber end but not right on the edge....you don't want it seeping into the chamber *OR* the other way onto the threads before it dries).
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Looking good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ProfessorHorseyhead:

I took ambien and ended up at walmart (friend drove me after i texted him that it was an emergency at 0100....two bottles of buffalo trace smoothed that one over, glad it's always in stock and under 20 bucks at the Walter Reed class 6 ) on the floor in the toy aisle surrounded by rick and morty lego sets texting my wife that we needed all of them.

View All Quotes

I only have a FB and Arf account because of ambien. That explains the misspelling of my name.

I mainly hallucinate when I first got on it. I'd see people looking over my shoulder in the dark. Creepiest one I had was a toddler with a big kitchen knife trying to stab me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#26]

I’m really happy you got that upper now! Shits hawt!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

View Quote

It's going to be a panty dropper when there is a PRI recce rail on it. Until then I'll run the KAC tri mount with the Vari-X III in a set of A203s. Mount will be here Monday. I really wish KAC made the riser standalone also. Nobody else makes one that low, and would be perfect for this rig since I don't intend to run irons once I swap the riser over to the MRE.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#28]

It's going to be a panty dropper when there is a PRI recce rail on it. Until then I'll run the KAC tri mount with the Vari-X III in a set of A203s. Mount will be here Monday. I really wish KAC made the riser standalone also. Nobody else makes one that low, and would be perfect for this rig since I don't intend to run irons once I swap the riser over to the MRE.
View Quote

Shit, I’d keep the tri-rail on it. That would be dope!
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Shit, I’d keep the tri-rail on it. That would be dope!
View Quote

With no front sight it's kind of a waste to have a riser with a rear sight built in. Maybe I'll sell the Recce rail I bought and wait for another KAC tri mount to pop up on Operation Parts
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Looking good.
View Quote

If it performs half as good as it looks, I'll be happy. Aesthetically speaking this rivals the MRE in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I only have a FB and Arf account because of ambien. That explains the misspelling of my name.

I mainly hallucinate when I first got on it. I'd see people looking over my shoulder in the dark. Creepiest one I had was a toddler with a big kitchen knife trying to stab me.
View Quote

The Walrus is a fickle mistress.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

That ain't no shit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

View Quote

Oh she fine
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Have you considered an ARMS #38 S-EX rail??
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

That's what I'd use.....but you guys know that from my mre.

Arms is the epitome of gwot
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 8:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#36]

That's what I'd use.....but you guys know that from my mre.

Arms is the epitome of gwot
View Quote

How in the fuck have I not considered that? I was looking to get one for my MRE but these other projects took my attention and it hasn't crossed my mind to circle back and use one on this rifle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Ff ras comes tomorrow

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 7:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#38]
Ff ras comes tomorrow

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20200817_201104_jpg-1554957.JPG
View Quote

That thing is going to be disgusting. I always want to defile my Block 1 but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. It'll probably stay just as it is forever. She was... My first

What's the consensus on teardrop FA? OG or ghey? I have one I'm thinking of running on this new new
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#39]

That thing is going to be disgusting. I always want to defile my Block 1 but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. It'll probably stay just as it is forever. She was... My first

What's the consensus on teardrop FA? OG or ghey? I have one I'm thinking of running on this new new
View Quote

Teardrop FA is the pièce de résistance++++

In some cases it’s a personal touch, in others it really sets off the build or ties it all together
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Teardrop is most assuredly un-ghey.

Link Posted: 8/21/2020 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#41]
I'd guess half of my builds use a teardrop because AMERICA.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#42]
I have one on my Operation Gothic Serpent and a spare one that I'm gonna slap on this Franken-H/Recce. Can't decide what it is quite yet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#44]
https://i.imgur.com/nBSDFAL.jpg
View Quote

GWOT damn! I'm still sad that Black Beauty is no longer with us, but seeing this makes the pain a little easier to bear.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#45]

GWOT damn! I'm still sad that Black Beauty is no longer with us, but seeing this makes the pain a little easier to bear.
View Quote

Not a single regret! Also I sold three quarters of the parts off black beauty to a buddy who is reassembling her as we speak. She lives on! He’s also a regular around here....
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Not a single regret! Also I sold three quarters of the parts off black beauty to a buddy who is reassembling her as we speak. She lives on! He’s also a regular around here....
View Quote

He needs a win after that NF thread nonsense 😒
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

.....details?
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

That shit was ridiculous...
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#49]

.....details?
View Quote

Guy was talking to my man all wrong, wrong tone.......
Here
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Lawyered himself smooth out the EE. It's been pretty common as of late for folks to go full retard in the NF threads.
Page / 184
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top