Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Broooooo that looks great with the ACE!

Also: this flush fit is about to look a whole lot different in the near future

https://i.imgur.com/8nnaZBc.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have a PRI Mk12 upper they’re looking to sell or have any leads on one?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ark86] [#4]

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Most GWOT to least GWOT.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:45:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#7]
Planning to install a new rail soon, I wanted to go with a MK16 to keep with the whole M4A1 inspired theme, but will likely opt for a BCM since it’s lighter and less expensive.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
20210703_201510 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

20210703_113245 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

That's the ticket! Good stuff!
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Still trying to find a 1.93 Larue somewhere, but the NF uni is good enough to get by.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
What would be an acceptable replacement to the KAC Mk12 rail for a Mod 1 build? I feel like I’m going to have too tough of a time finding one. Was thinking a LaRue quad rail.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Soberglitch:
What would be an acceptable replacement to the KAC Mk12 rail for a Mod 1 build? I feel like I’m going to have too tough of a time finding one. Was thinking a LaRue quad rail.
View Quote

I don't remember ever seeing one sans KAC FF RAS long. If I can get confirmation of FF RAS medium and x24 combo for the recce, I might think about letting mine go.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#14]
tons of early unseen GWOT photos in this GD thread. people keep adding to it too. very cool.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Remembering-Bagram/5-2466884/?page=1
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#15]

I don't remember ever seeing one sans KAC FF RAS long. If I can get confirmation of FF RAS medium and x24 combo for the recce, I might think about letting mine go.
View Quote

Let me know. I’ve got something special to trade you for it
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

There isn't one.  Hang tight.  Kac will drop them eventually.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#17]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

There isn't one.  Hang tight.  Kac will drop them eventually.
View Quote

Guess I have been out of the loop. Are MK12 RAS unobtanoum now?
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Guess I have been out of the loop. Are MK12 RAS unobtanoum now?
View Quote

I haven't seen too many for sale recently but about six months ago there were still tons. I wouldn't say unobtainium just yet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Dobs showed me one that was going for stupid money on Gunbroker. They're just OOS at retailers so folks are getting nervous. Seems that happens to everything these days. TP, ammo, wood, now add FF RAS long to the list.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Dobs showed me one that was going for stupid money on Gunbroker. They're just OOS at retailers so folks are getting nervous. Seems that happens to everything these days. TP, ammo, wood, now add FF RAS long to the list.
View Quote

Kac usually releases RAS’s in lots. They’ll do a run, they will ship to retailers. They sell out. Then once they sell out everywhere and KAC shows out of stock, everyone freaks and starts paying stupid money for them. You’ll usually see a lot of the same people dumping them whenever they go out of stock. Kac will do another run and resupply everyone then the cycle will repeat. Unless Kac has come out and said they have discontinued the rail, although I haven’t heard or seen that anywhere. So best thing to do is wait it out and there will be another run eventually.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Kac usually releases RAS’s in lots. They’ll do a run, they will ship to retailers. They sell out. Then once they sell out everywhere and KAC shows out of stock, everyone freaks and starts paying stupid money for them. You’ll usually see a lot of the same people dumping them whenever they go out of stock. Kac will do another run and resupply everyone then the cycle will repeat. Unless Kac has come out and said they have discontinued the rail, although I haven’t heard or seen that anywhere. So best thing to do is wait it out and there will be another run eventually.
View Quote

BIG THINK:

GWOT homies buy up the next run, then we control the market.

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#22]
What would be an acceptable replacement to the KAC Mk12 rail for a Mod 1 build? I feel like I'm going to have too tough of a time finding one. Was thinking a LaRue quad rail.
View Quote
i wish there was. the ff ras shoot loose. to the point some guys drilled tapped and setscrewed em in place, or red locktited em. they look neat. ive also personally repaired two with broken off threads at the nut. like...i had to make a new threaded section.

someone shoulda sent a mk12 user a better rail
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#23]

BIG THINK:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

BIG THINK:

I like this idea
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
i wish there was. the ff ras shoot loose. to the point some guys drilled tapped and setscrewed em in place, or red locktited em. they look neat. ive also personally repaired two with broken off threads at the nut. like...i had to make a new threaded section.

someone shoulda sent a mk12 user a better rail
View Quote

I had to send one back that was still loose after the locking ring was torqued down. Hell, if I recall even Trey Knight commented the LaRue rail was an improvement over the FF RAS.

You can still build a badass rifle with the LT (I’m going with one for my carry handle Gordon’ish thing) it just won’t be a Mk12, and that’s perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:56:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soberglitch] [#25]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I had to send one back that was still loose after the locking ring was torqued down. Hell, if I recall even Trey Knight commented the LaRue rail was an improvement over the FF RAS.

You can still build a badass rifle with the LT (I’m going with one for my carry handle Gordon’ish thing) it just won’t be a Mk12, and that’s perfectly fine.
View Quote

Even more tempting for me to break away from clone correctness and grab the LaRue rail. Plus, it’s only $209 vs whatever gouged prices the Mk12 is going for.

ETA: I wonder what the lead times on the LaRue quad rails are. Might be the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Even more tempting for me to break away from clone correctness and grab the LaRue rail. Plus, it’s only $209 vs whatever gouged prices the Mk12 is going for.

ETA: I wonder what the lead times on the LaRue quad rails are. Might be the deciding factor.
View Quote

I believe it is 1-2 months if I remember what they told me correctly. That’s when I bought the fake one. I’ve been searching for a 13.2 putting WTB ads here and on Reddit. The quote also makes me happier and more confident in this build. The rifle length NSW must live.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#27]
we had a guy with a full larue upper on his m4 when i was in...2008 time. was some high up officer. had a surefire can on it and an acog. i posted pics years ago on here . ill find em!

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

There was someone selling a kac rail on one of the knights Facebook groups last night, not sure if you’re on that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#29]
All this talk of Gordon carbines got me thinking and looking at the parts bin a little differently.  This is an older 6920 barrel chopped by Adco and mounted on a set of Armalite receivers from about ‘09, sprayed with Norrell’s, skinny handguards, side sling mount, ARMS sight, etc.  All makes for a neat little SBR host for the AEM5.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:33:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soberglitch] [#30]
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:

There was someone selling a kac rail on one of the knights Facebook groups last night, not sure if you’re on that.
View Quote

I’m not on Facebook much but the only KAC group I found and joined doesn’t allow selling. Which group was it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#31]
All this talk against the ff Ras is heresy.  

Originally Posted By 11PennReserve:
All this talk of Gordon carbines got me thinking and looking at the parts bin a little differently.  This is an older 6920 barrel chopped by Adco and mounted on a set of Armalite receivers from about ‘09, sprayed with Norrell’s, skinny handguards, side sling mount, ARMS sight, etc.  All makes for a neat little SBR host for the AEM5.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/330270/09FBC073-0E87-4B69-ABF5-6D25CBF14CB0_jpe-2005258.JPG
View Quote

Jesus that's hot
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Jesus that's hot
View Quote

Big time. You're making me want to rebuild my Mk18. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#33]

I’m not on Facebook much but the only KAC group I found and joined doesn’t allow selling. Which group was it?
View Quote

It’s called “the black”
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#34]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/330270/09FBC073-0E87-4B69-ABF5-6D25CBF14CB0_jpe-2005258.JPG
View Quote

New favorite carbine
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the comments, I dig the setup too!  I know this is tech but also wonder whether laying on the red leather “bordello” couch is influencing her looks.  Will take some less provocative and hopefully clearer shots when I’m home again.  In the meantime here she is sans AEM5.  I probably should chop the now useless bayo lug, but it doesn’t interfere so we’ll see.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:

View Quote

Found a Facebook group with a guy selling one, maybe the same guy you saw. He wants $650 for his Mk12 rail so it looks like the used market is going for those gunbroker prices.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BePhreed] [#37]
Thanks for the comments, I dig the setup too!  I know this is tech but also wonder whether laying on the red leather “bordello” couch is influencing her looks.  Will take some less provocative and hopefully clearer shots when I’m home again.  In the meantime here she is sans AEM5.  I probably should chop the now useless bayo lug, but it doesn’t interfere so we’ll see.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/330270/5E31BD6E-BA1D-47C7-A6F4-F6EF41B7735E_jpe-2006312.JPG
View Quote

Looks great without also. What's the barrel length for flush fit on the AEM?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys I'm telling you, just wait for the ff Ras to come back in stock.  It will.  It always does.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Guys I'm telling you, just wait for the ff Ras to come back in stock.  It will.  It always does.
View Quote

I’m waiting for sure. I’m not someone who pays gouged or panic prices. I’m not rich enough or in a big enough hurry to pay double for a handguard that’s still in production.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#40]
Finally got a 14.5 P+W upper. I'm amazed at how short and small it feels with the CAR stock. Its giving me ideas for some more 14.5 builds... I actually plan on keeping a red dot on this rifle, but now I kind of want another Block 1 for an ACOG. Still need a dedicated lower and correct rear sight for this one. Is one KAC rear sight better than the other for actual use?

Attachment Attached File

On a related note, I don't know if I can live with a 16 inch for my RIS II. I feel the need to build a proper Block II with an Elcan.  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#41]

I’m waiting for sure. I’m not someone who pays gouged or panic prices. I’m not rich enough or in a big enough hurry to pay double for a handguard that’s still in production.
View Quote

Yea just get on the operation parts notification list. They’re usually pretty good about getting them in regularly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
Finally got a 14.5 P+W upper. I'm amazed at how short and small it feels with the CAR stock. Its giving me ideas for some more 14.5 builds... I actually plan on keeping a red dot on this rifle, but now I kind of want another Block 1 for an ACOG. Still need a dedicated lower and correct rear sight for this one. Is one KAC rear sight better than the other for actual use?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/361805/19D9E118-930D-4610-B3D9-251BF1A98236_jpe-2006641.JPG

On a related note, I don't know if I can live with a 16 inch for my RIS II. I feel the need to build a proper Block II with an Elcan.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/361805/C166A8B0-0618-4B67-9D5A-BD9A7ED8F819_jpe-2006638.JPG
View Quote

Man an Elcan on a Block 2 just looks so good.

I love the Elcan. I'd like another one at some point.

A poor mans GLSSC with an Elcan would look awesome.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone got an A.R.M.S. #40L they want to trade for a #40? This carbine length #45M SIR doesn't look right with a full sized #40.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greentips556] [#44]
I want an FF RAS bad but I've heard through the grapevine that KAC is discontinuing it for good to focus on their other lines. I am hopeful that such rumors are bull**** though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By greentips556:
I want an FF RAS bad but I've heard through the grapevine that KAC is discontinuing it for good to focus on their other lines. I am hopeful that such rumors are bull**** though.
View Quote

That rumor pops up every time they go out of stock everywhere. I wouldn’t sweat it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Coming soon!.....

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Deployment gun
Attachment Attached File

Pistol clone at home
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#49]
That's a bed full of fun right there!

Got this old school bayonet light mount. I think it was called "quick 2 see" or something like that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#50]
Page / 184
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top