Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2024 5:32:40 PM EDT
When?

@mike_nds

I will swap every brace I have for one.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
CAR braces are in stock. I just ordered two of them.

H&R CAR Brace

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 4:55:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#2]
same.  I've had a spare set of gray H&R receivers, 11" barrel, and shorty triangle handguards with all the little parts sitting in a box for a while waiting on this.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That's going to be a slick build.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
same.  I've had a spare set of gray H&R receivers, 11" barrel, and shorty triangle handguards with all the little parts sitting in a box for a while waiting on this.

https://iili.io/JyZWoUx.png
View Quote
That will be cool.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm ordering one to start.  The radius doesn't bother me too much but that big cut out in the stock for the lever to go up in?  That is ugly.  I wonder if that was the issue with the ATFaggots.  Maybe the correct lever can be swapped?
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry.  That brace is ugly.  The Jackbooted Thugs fucked it all up.  Bad.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SmegHead:
View Quote
Yeah, not as nice as it could be.   I think I will see if a standard lever fits it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't in the market for one, but they sold out pretty fast.

Got the email yesterday, and they had them.

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 6:40:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mike_nds] [#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:58:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: razor22] [#11]
Originally Posted By SmegHead:
View Quote

The cool thing is if Smegma or other folks think they can do better.....
Here is the opportunity to jump on your high fukken horse and do better.
But remember, Mike and Company DID IT already.
So, fire up your chineeze 3D printer and whack one out.
Sell it.
Make a million dollhairs.
And along the way, stop the negative bullshit on a thread no one asked you to 'opine' on.
YMMV
Dr. Overkill
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Keep in mind too that H&R's brace is actually ATF compliant. Not everyone's braces are. I know not everyone cares about that (and we'd all like to see the whole SBR provision go away) but, being that we still have to deal with it right now, it's nice to know theirs is checked off as okay.

Honestly, no CAR brace is going to be the same as a CAR stock. If it bother's someone that much they should just bite the bullet and SBR their build, and put an actual CAR stock on it because well, it looks like a CAR stock, because it is one...

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Thank you for publicly disparaging our product.

A lot of time and effort went into making something that was compliant and reasonably close to the form factor.

Be advised, the locking pin is not threaded. It is a twist lock style.

So if you are going to take it apart you need to depress the plunger from the top and then slide the ring down on the shaft and turn it 90 degrees.

There are tabs and flats with a clearance cut down the shaft where it can rotate.
View Quote

Some people just think it should look just like a car stock so they can have their cake and eat it too.  Just be happy that pistol braces are a thing or maybe you should get an SBR stamp, I have 4, if you do not like it.  Mike went through a lot of trouble to get this one out there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mtomso7464:

Some people just think it should look just like a car stock so they can have their cake and eat it too.  Just be happy that pistol braces are a thing or maybe you should get an SBR stamp, I have 4, if you do not like it.  Mike went through a lot of trouble to get this one out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A lot of time and effort went into making something that was compliant and reasonably close to the form factor.

So if you are going to take it apart you need to depress the plunger from the top and then slide the ring down on the shaft and turn it 90 degrees.

There are tabs and flats with a clearance cut down the shaft where it can rotate.

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
????  I don't think I disparaged it.  Yeah, I think the cut out in the stock is not good but I did point it was probably to make the JBFATF thugs happy.  And like I said in the other thread, I bought 2 of them.  I will try swapping the lever.

It is a discussion board.  Guys discuss stuff, good and bad.  PSA has probably had more negative stuff posted about them arfcom than any other company.  They respond to it, fix the problem if necessary and move on.  Maybe there is no better way to do this.  Still better and cheaper than an SB4 brace.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Just be happy pistol braces are a thing?  How about no?  We should not be happy to suffer a 2A infringement.  PSA/H&R should not have to jump through hoops to make FATF happy.  Did you register for free SBR's when they tried to ban braces?

People are upset because it changed from teh SHOT show sample.  Not substantially but enough to notice.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By firedog51d:
Just be happy pistol braces are a thing?  How about no?  We should not be happy to suffer a 2A infringement.  PSA/H&R should not have to jump through hoops to make FATF happy.  Did you register for free SBR's when they tried to ban braces?

People are upset because it changed from teh SHOT show sample.  Not substantially but enough to notice.
View Quote

Oh I am right there with you and hope that they can start getting things changed with the recent victories in court.  I am all for not needing to get a stamp for anything I own I just do not want to die on that "hill" just yet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Mike, My brace arrived today, I'm very happy with it, looks good and is stout.  Thank you for your hard work!
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]
H&R CAR brace

Back in stock…
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Ya know, I should have read this thread first before trying to figure it out myself lol.

Did the lever swap and I'm digging the look more.

Thanks again Mike and crew for all you do!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FreakSe7en:

Ya know, I should have read this thread first before trying to figure it out myself lol.

View Quote
Can you post a picture?

Mine are supposed to show up today but I'm laid up from surgery.  It will be a week or so before I can mess around with these.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FreakSe7en:

View Quote

I haven't seen any pics with a lever swap yet. Can you post a photo?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By zul:

I haven't seen any pics with a lever swap yet. Can you post a photo?
View Quote

What's the deal with the lever swap?  Mine seems fine.
  I am going to put a shinier coating on it to simulate the acetate look.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm curious too now.

Don't shoot me for asking the question, but: will the lever swap change the AFT approval/classification of the brace, if that's something Mike had to change in the first place to get it approved?

My braces are shipped, I'll have to look at tracking to see when they'll arrive.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#25]

I oiled the brace, but will coat it with a beat up gloss finish to simulate the vinyl acetate.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Excellent job
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks pretty good I think!
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought it pretty good, some jumped on and ordered one as soon as I saw it.

What is with this locking pin thing that was mentioned. Can I just slip on my bigger tube when I get it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By gurn-blanston:
https://i.postimg.cc/76Bv4qG9/PXL-20240615-204318244.jpg

I oiled the brace, but will coat it with a beat up gloss finish to simulate the vinyl acetate.
View Quote

Looks great!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#31]
That looks really good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, dammit, time to find a 4-position buffer tube and rebuild the 733...  
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By XDm525Forty:
Well, dammit, time to find a 4-position buffer tube and rebuild the 733...  
View Quote

LMT might still have them on sale. I picked up a few a while ago. Like 20 bucks a peice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
That looks really good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Well crap, I gotta.have one of those
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:35:12 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I for one thank you. Ordered four!
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to buy one!  But! It has to be Attached to a DOE H&R Pistol!

I can hardly wait for that to come out.  It is the one gun this year I am truly excited about.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine came today. I think they look pretty good.

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tstetz:
Mine came today. I think they look pretty good.

View Quote

Same here, looks good to me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:35:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixgun357] [#41]
Got mine today, slapped it on my Pistol, have to say looks nice. And a fair price too. My favorite looking brace.

6-19 Got a picture of it today.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firedog51d] [#42]
My 2 showed up today.  They are stout.  A good thing.  The other option on the market had cracking issues.

When I get on my feet, I plan ot try swapping the lever.

Also, nice and tight on the buffer tube.  No rattle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I just got mine today. And in all honesty, I don't like it. I knew it was a blade style going in. I like the look. It is almost exactly the same size and dimensions as my CAR stock. I find it painful to use when it occasionally touches my shoulder. It's the height of the back and that pointy corner at the bottom. With heavy clothes it could be alright, but with a T-shirt it's not comfortable. I've previously been using a Tippmann T5 brace (take off from my micro bugout elite). For the $40 I paid for it, I'll throw it in a parts bin. Maybe do a xm177 .22lr build with it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#44]
My 2 showed up today.  They are stout.  A good thing.  The other option on the market had cracking issues.

View Quote

I know guys are swapping that lever out, and it does look better, but I'm not so sure its a good idea. Mike and the H&R crew specifically had to change that to get the brace approved by ATF. ATF wanted it to sit flatter against the arm according to Mike's post I believe. So swapping it back puts it in a config that ATF wouldn't approve.

I dunno, I know a lot of guys don't care, and probably nothing would ever come of it, I just don't want to see anyone get jammed up by an honest mistake. I just wouldn't post pics of it if I did it, lol! I'm leaving mine as is. If I want the full CAR look I'll SBR whatever it is and put a stock on it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jscot23:
I find it painful to use when it occasionally touches my shoulder. It's the height of the back and that pointy corner at the bottom.
View Quote

Ha!  You really wouldn't like shooting that 7.62x39 10.5" build I posted above!  Luckily I'm a dirty inky and the bruise doesn't show.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
I'm going to buy one!  But! It has to be Attached to a DOE H&R Pistol!

I can hardly wait for that to come out.  It is the one gun this year I am truly excited about.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I took my rebuilt N23A1 out yesterday with the H&R brace. It's .300 Blackout and I was shooting supersonics. I didn't think it was bad.

Also had out my 635 clone, which is actually the first time I really got to shoot it other than a quick test fire. I thought it was super pleasant to shoot. That has a stock, not a brace, but still, recoil seemed minimal to me. Hardly over a .22.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#48]

I know guys are swapping that lever out, and it does look better, but I'm not so sure its a good idea. Mike and the H&R crew specifically had to change that to get the brace approved by ATF. ATF wanted it to sit flatter against the arm according to Mike's post I believe. So swapping it back puts it in a config that ATF wouldn't approve.

I dunno, I know a lot of guys don't care, and probably nothing would ever come of it, I just don't want to see anyone get jammed up by an honest mistake. I just wouldn't post pics of it if I did it, lol! I'm leaving mine as is. If I want the full CAR look I'll SBR whatever it is and put a stock on it.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I understand how it came to be....it is what it is.  If I do try the swap, I won't post it online for the Professional Dog Shooters to see.  

I'm still laid up so nothing had gotten done on any retro projects.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Rebuilt the 733 today (pic here if anybody cares).  Had a 4-position in the parts bin from a Tony's Customs stock I bought, used that with a new Doublestar lock ring.

I'm pretty happy with the brace, I think it conveys the overall look well.  Of course, anybody who's seen my builds knows that I'm not exactly a stickler for exact clones...  

And I'm also in agreement with everyone saying they need one of these on a DOE.  And a spare 635 upper...  
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks great with that brace.
Thanks for the pic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top