Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 20 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
I could have swore when the rifle was first contracted out and delivered, it didn't have the M5 fore end, can anyone confirm?

Based on my research, it seems that the army uses a few M16A4s without the rail and adds MWS to the name for those with a rail.

We use A4's with KAC M5 RAS and with standard handguards with the detachable carry handle.I just saw some come in today with the carry handle and standard handguards.We mainly use the M4  now but you do see the A4 on occasion.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
cant sorry If this is a repeat

all colt.  MT6700 with  colt A4 gov barrel added

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By madcatjoe:
koldt: what brand flare launcher is that? most flare guns look so lame, that actually looks like a 203.
thanks
-Joe

That one probably is a real 203...Canada does not have restrictions on grenade launchers like the USA...they can be bought without the special voodoo stuff...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
well thats interesting to know! but:

-Bottom emergency flare launcher

thats what he typed, so...

-Joe
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:
That one probably is a real 203...Canada does not have restrictions on grenade launchers like the USA...they can be bought without the special voodoo stuff...

yup

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: foreman2000] [#6]
Originally Posted By Achped:
My M16A4

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2562/pc310037w.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/138/pc290032.jpg

Iraq gets cold as hellllll, a little FYI this is where we "hygeined". There was a table with a water bull and some mirrors. Fucking sucks.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2581/p1030057q.jpg

This picture is something I'd like to point out to the AR haters. I own an AK as well as a Bushmaster and Stag, but the AR is by no means unreliable. This is how we cleaned our shit for 7 months. I *never ever ever ever* had any malfunction with my M16. Not a single time. And some days I put over 500 rounds in it...in a sandstorm. Not one single motherfucking time did my M16A4 ever jam, FTF, FTE, nothing. This is using issued USGI green follower mags and green tip ammo.

I don't know what everyone else does wrong, but FN is doing something right. No matter how good you clean it, your AR will never be clean when you're in a two man tent with an AP brush and a month old rag. But it worked. Every single time.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1481/pc290023.jpg

nice pics
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Less talk, more pictures

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By plinkr415:
Less talk, more pictures

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/dieselpowrguy85/100_3795.jpg

Sweet!!  Loves me some A4s!!!  I gotta get mine up here soon.

Sean
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
oops...Nice A2 as well...

Sean
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:
oops...Nice A2 as well...

Sean

Thanks Can't wait to see yours here!
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 6:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madcatjoe] [#12]

i made some functional modifications to the issued config; the UBR stock is freaking awesome, the Ambi selector should just be standard (even though im a righty, its useful) and the BUIS COULD MAYBE come in handy... i had one lying around, so why not.

-Joe
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The Trijicon.
I am missing it...
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#14]
the reflex? yeah, its going on the M4 upper thats in the mail... should be here this week. it will be the same config as the the 20" was, but shorter ;)

ill have 2 uppers for this lower, the 20" ACOG topped model, and the 16" RX30 and carry handle topped model.

-Joe
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

cant sorry If this is a repeat

all colt.  MT6700 with  colt A4 gov barrel added

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/shawnmt6601/Cool%20gun%20pics/042.jpg

Hey Shawn, where do you find colt gov't profile barrels?

Link Posted: 3/21/2010 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#16]
My M16A4 clone is finished for the time being...going to be sporting the detachable carry handle for the forseeable future until I can afford an ACOG.  I don't mind though...need to exercise my skills with irons.  Here's some of the specs...

LRB Arms lower & upper receiver
Armalite LPK
Daniel Defense BCG
Sabre Defence 20" gov't profile barrel
KAC M5 rails
Colt detachable carry handle, A2 buttstock & grip

I mounted the KAC grip in its current postion after playing with it for a while trying to find the most comfortable postion possible.  In the end I found myself using it mostly as a handstop which is why it's mounted so far forward.
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CPT1-285TH:
My M16A4 clone is finished for the time being...going to be sporting the detachable carry handle for the forseeable future until I can afford an ACOG.  I don't mind though...need to exercise my skills with irons.  Here's some of the specs...

Armalite LPK
Daniel Defense BCG
KAC M5 rails

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/lt1st285/IMGP0379.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/lt1st285/IMGP0378.jpg

I mounted the KAC grip in its current postion after playing with it for a while trying to find the most comfortable postion possible.  In the end I found myself using it mostly as a handstop which is why it's mounted so far forward.

Lookin' good! I actually think that they look better with carry handles than they do with ACOG's. That being said, I do hope that I'll be able to afford a TA31 for mine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#19]

It will probably get an Aimpoint eventually as I can't justify the expense of an ACOG, especially with current ammo prices.
Link Posted: 3/27/2010 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/27/2010 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/28/2010 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Lancelot:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/madcatjoe/Guns%20and%20Gear/0320001406.jpg

i made some functional modifications to the issued config; the UBR stock is freaking awesome, the Ambi selector should just be standard (even though im a righty, its useful) and the BUIS COULD MAYBE come in handy... i had one lying around, so why not.

-Joe

Which light are you running?

surefire m951

-Joe

Link Posted: 3/28/2010 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Do you have anymore pictures of this rifle?
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 10:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#25]
View Quote
Try looking a few pages back... For some reason he reposted it again.

ETA: Pic Thread... (here's one of mine)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FlDiveCop71:

Try looking a few pages back... For some reason he reposted it again.

oh crap I did lol
I added them to a new Photobucket along with some other ones. sorry
I'll take some new ones at the range
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Armalite LPK
Daniel Defense BCG
KAC M5 rails

How do you like the LRB lower?  Does it fit snugly with the upper?

-KW
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kilowhiskey:

Armalite LPK
Daniel Defense BCG
KAC M5 rails

How do you like the LRB lower?  Does it fit snugly with the upper?

-KW

The fit is really good.  I didn't buy the upper and lower as a matched set so I was expecting some play, but surprisingly there is minimal play between the two...just right IMO.  No need for an accuwedge or O-rings on this build .  I am very happy with LRB Arms and wouldn't hesitate to build another rifle with the uppers and lowers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, the carbine version - I call it the 'heavy-duty' carbine. 16" medium-contour 1/7 chrome-lined barrel, mid-length gas system, M16 bolt carrier, A3 upper w/carry handle, M16A1 stock. It will mount a bayonet. Shown with a Colt 6721 with 14.9" barrel w/permanent FH.

Link Posted: 4/5/2010 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#32]
one of these things is not like the other ones...
-Joe
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 12:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#33]
-Joe
View Quote
How true!... Don't we already have a thread for them  "Carbine Versions"?...

ETA: PIC THREAD
...I suck at taking teh photos (too much light / exposure in this one I think)

My M16A4 (rifle) clone...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 2:22:16 AM EDT
[#34]
-Joe

How true!... Don't we already have a thread for them  "Carbine Versions"?...

ETA: PIC THREAD
...I suck at taking teh photos (too much light / exposure in this one I think)

My M16A4 (rifle) clone...
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/FLDiveCop71/A4CLONE5.jpg

Your backround may be overexposed, but it brings out great detail in your rifle.  Looks fine to me.  Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#36]
That settles it. Next build is an A4.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 2:28:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#38]
Can someone lay out the rail cover / rail panel arrangement? Which size goes where. Or get me some close ups of your rail panel?

TY
View Quote
Lance, This is all the parts/pieces that come with a standard KAC M5 RAS "Mil-Pack" Assembly...

Attachment Attached File

The number of rail panels that you will use and their positioning will vary depending on the number (& type) of accessories that you may be mounting...
Normally, when not mounting any accesories at all, you would use:

four "11-rib" panels (one panel each mounted on each side of the rear/aft end of the rail assembly with their spring clips facing toward the rear end of the weapon)
two  "5-rib"  panels (one panel each mounted on each side of the front end of the rail assembly with their spring clips facing toward the front end of the weapon)
two  "9-rib"  panels (one panel each mounted on the top & bottom sides of the front end of the rail assembly with their spring clips mounted toward the front end of the weapon)
View Quote
A picture of this can be found in the upper lefthand corner of the standard M16A4 "Layout Chart" as typically used in boot camp. Here's a .pdf of it which you can view or download over at Scribd.com.:

M16A4 Major Parts & Assemblies Layout Diagram Chart

This leaves you with one "4-rib" panel, one "6-rib" panel, and a Vertical Pistol Grip assembly left over from the KAC M5 RAS "Mil-Pack"...
Which when mounting the Vertical Pistol Grip, you'd normally replace the bottom "11-rib" panel with the Pistol Grip assembly and one "6-rib" rail panel.

Also Note that the KAC rail panel spring clips will only lock into the rail assembly's absolute most forward & rearward slot positions. So when a panel is mounted @ the middle of the rail assembly, the spring clip is not able to completely lock the panel in place and thus the panel may "creep" forward or aft over time as the weapon is used.
View Quote
On a side note...I've known  a number of individuals who have cut down two of the standard "11-rib" panels to make "3-rib" panels; which can then be used with a vertical pistol grip on the bottom rails of either the M5 rifle ras or the m4 carbine ras leaving no "gaps" in the rail coverage... YMMV...  

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 10:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 11:24:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#40]
Thanks. That layout chart is a great pic. You should post it here.
View Quote
The actual chart itself is sized 1 for 1, and is thus WAY to big to post here; but here is the image resized...

Attachment Attached File

Enjoy...
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#41]
lately i have been seriously tempted to take the M5 RAS, ACOG, VFG and BUIS off my A4 and  restore it to  just a  a A4 with regular HGs and  carry handle rear sight or MATECH

anyone else  thought of this? I am no KISS fan,   But I think I would use it more that way even though I dearly love the M16A4MWS
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#43]
What company makes the correct sling..... Model number?

Also which mag pouch works with that sling?

Don't want the two not to work well with eachother...... Or better yet, is there a sling and mag pouch combo?

Sorry, one more thing...... For the TA31-rcocp (A4) to work properly, does the barrel have to a 1/7 twist or is it ok to use a 1/9 twist?

Like others I'm trying to make a comparable clone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By rogue007:

Don't want the two not to work well with eachother...... Or better yet, is there a sling and mag pouch combo?

Sorry, one more thing...... For the TA31-rcocp (A4) to work properly, does the barrel have to a 1/7 twist or is it ok to use a 1/9 twist?

I used a Specter Gear CQB sling for mine.

Sorry I don't have a picture of just the rifle itself with the sling attached, but you get the idea:

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't want the two not to work well with each other...... Or better yet, is there a sling and mag pouch combo?
Sorry, one more thing...... For the TA31-rcocp (A4) to work properly, does the barrel have to (be) a 1/7 twist or is it ok to use a 1/9 twist?

Rouge007,
There are a number of different slings (from numerous manufactures) that are issued depending on which branch of service & particular unit you are with, however Eagle Industries is one company that makes "issue" slings and butt stock mag pouches. One sling is their TAS-1OD (olive drab), and their butt stock mag holder; the M-16SP-OD (also olive drab), though you will currently have hell trying to get a hold of either of these items (at least the olive drab versions) as the company is said to be severely back-logged and sending their production to fill .mil requirements...

In regards to your other query, the TA31-RCO-A4CP reticle is ballistically calibrated for use of M855 through a 20", 1 in 7 twist, government profile barrel... period. Change the barrel twist rate or the type of ammo used with this scope, and you will definitely see "noticeable", though not necessarily "great" differences in results. Depends on the specifics used. YMMV...

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:
lately i have been seriously tempted to take the M5 RAS, ACOG, VFG and BUIS off my A4 and  restore it to  just a  a A4 with regular HGs and  carry handle rear sight or MATECH

anyone else  thought of this? I am no KISS fan,   But I think I would use it more that way even though I dearly love the M16A4MWS

My CA-legal M16A4 clone: Geiselle 2-stage and smoked rear apertures...oh yeah, and it's got a sling and a mini-mag electrical taped to the handguard...

"Improvisation is the bastard child of necessity."

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 3:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cyclic240B] [#47]

Don't want the two not to work well with each other...... Or better yet, is there a sling and mag pouch combo?

Sorry, one more thing...... For the TA31-rcocp (A4) to work properly, does the barrel have to (be) a 1/7 twist or is it ok to use a 1/9 twist?

Rouge007,

There are a number of different slings (from numerous manufactures) that are issued depending on which branch of service & particular unit you are with, however Eagle Industries is one company that makes "issue" slings and butt stock mag pouches. One sling is their TAS-1OD (olive drab), and their butt stock mag holder; the M-16SP-OD (also olive drab), though you will currently have hell trying to get a hold of either of these items (at least the olive drab versions) as the company is said to be severely back-logged and sending their production to fill .mil requirements...

In regards to your other query, the TA31-RCO-A4CP reticle is ballistically calibrated for use of M855 through a 20", 1 in 7 twist, government profile barrel... period. Change the barrel twist rate or the type of ammo used with this scope, and you will definitely see "noticeable", though not necessarily "great" differences in results. Depends on the specifics used. YMMV...

Hope this helps...

FlDiveCop71

A big +1 on the wait (at least when I ordered mine). I ordered the Eagle Industries TAS-1OD for my A4 clone straight from EI. It was severely back ordered. I waited a long time and finally changed the order to the TAS-1 in khaki and got it quicker. That said, I don't know if OD is "issue", but I actually like their khaki...

ETA: You can see EI's OD via the elastic silencers on the front of the sling. And the buttstock magazine pouch is a Spec-Ops brand Redi-Mag

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 4:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SD307] [#48]
Eagle Industries is one company that makes "issue" slings and butt stock mag pouches . One sling is their TAS-1OD (olive drab), and their butt stock mag holder; the M-16SP-OD (also olive drab), ...

So who else makes correct issue slings and pouches besides Eagle Industry?  Blackhawk? Spec Ops? or any other maker's name of issued pieces

What is the correct gear for a Marine corp clone?

Great thread guys

Just to make you aware here is a thread about BUIS on Marine corp Rifles from armory community click here
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 7:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SD307] [#49]
So I took a look at several pics I found for an "issue" sling.  It does look like Eagle's 3 point is issue but color varies

Black

Black

Black

Black

Khaki or tan

So it looks like black is still the issue color with two examples in another color.

Notice almost all have Grip Pods and they seem to be positioned quite close to the Magwell.

Also notice there are no buttstock mag pouches, and the only BUIS is on the rifle with the not black sling

I am not saying this is the way it is I have never been to Afganistan (or am sure how to spell it) these pics were found googleing "2010 Marine" in attempt to keep them as current as possible.  When I was in Iraq in 2003 we were not issued slings at all, I used an tan 2 qt canteen strap
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the replies guys, my hunt for the sling and pouch is about to begin.
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 20 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top