Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 71 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What branch were you? I believe that is a USMC bayonet and the M9 is the issue Army bayonet. A lot of early stuff was still being issued in '02 so I wouldn't be surprised if the M7 was issued to you despite being replaced. Bayonets aren't really considered very important these days. The marines who fought in Fallujah will say otherwise
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is that carried by any of the services?

Back in 2002, I carried the M7 Bayonet.  Don't know if they carry something different now.

What branch were you? I believe that is a USMC bayonet and the M9 is the issue Army bayonet. A lot of early stuff was still being issued in '02 so I wouldn't be surprised if the M7 was issued to you despite being replaced. Bayonets aren't really considered very important these days. The marines who fought in Fallujah will say otherwise

USMC.  2nd Tracks,   Just didn't know if they changed it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sd5867:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sd5867:

Is that carried by any of the services?

Back in 2002, I carried the M7 Bayonet.  Don't know if they carry something different now.

Started fielding the OKC-3S bayonet in 2003 replacing the M7, M9 and Kabar
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#5]
I had located it in the thread but have lost my notes.  Can anyone tell me what's needed to run the VCAS sling and which one would be the issued sling for the A4?  Does color matter? Are buttstock mag pouches standard issue or unit purchase?  Which one is most common?  Thanks!  Should be able to post mine as soon as my FCG comes in (tracking shows Wednesday delivery).

ETA: I suppose looking on the BFG site helps.  I believe it's this sling with this A2 stock adapter and this RMFL for the front of the rail, correct?  Brown or black or does it matter?  Are they used with out the RAS M5 and standard hand guards?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:15:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARKAR] [#6]
I thought it was THIS buttstock adapter that allowed the use of the stowage compartment in the stock...
I think the other two parts you linked are correct.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#8]
BCM 20" Standard upper
BCM BCG
Colt handguards
Colt carry handle
KAC M5 RAS
Palmetto State Armory lower
PSA FCG
CMMG LPK w/ Colt Grip
Colt A2 stock

Now to get the proper VCAS stuff and very, so very slowly, save up for a ACOG RCO A4.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#9]
Took the collaspable stock off and M4A1 upper off and tried out my 20" upper and fix stock.  No issues feeding or extracting. (A2 FH installed under dust cap)

CD
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fitz556] [#10]
My new FN15, M16A4gery.

FN15 Rifle
KAC RAS
Matech BUIS
Acog TA31RCO-A4

I'm going to deviate from an exact clone and put in a Geissele SSA-E trigger. I will also be getting a Grippod instead of the KAC forward grip.

Also first time taking it to the range at 100yds

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
CD:  Woooohooooooo  Nice

Fitz: very nice and very nice shooting!!!  Wow.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]
1 more try
BCM a4 upper
CMMG lower BCG and LPK
Colt carry handle
PWS upper ras rail
KAC bottom ras rail

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#14]
So who was issued the Specter Gear 3 point sling the most?

I really dig the one I have on my mk12, I think I'll do the same for my A4 when I get one again.

Were tan specter 3 points ever issued or primarily black?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

I really dig the one I have on my mk12, I think I'll do the same for my A4 when I get one again.

View Quote

I don't know any who was issued it, but back in 04-06 we commonly bought them in both black and tan for use.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:55:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#16]

View Quote

Here's the thing... Right now everything seems rather a hodgepodge as far as who is using what sling or accessory & for what purpose. Even Lance's last photo kind of shows how messed up it all is. Those marines are using M1/M14 rifle slings on those A4s, though it's almost certainly only for drill purposes, it illustrates just how varied things can get.

For the most part, it seems the Blue Force Gear NSN sling, rear mount, & rail adapter are currently being issued (at least at the training level), however - Blue force currently doesn't offer a stock mag pouch or adapter for one (which are still sometimes required for use at certain FOBs & duty stations), which is why you will still see the Specter & other set-ups being used, both with or without a stock pouch.

As for color, I've seen everything from OD, to the Tan/Coyote-brown to the Black being used States-side (Mostly the Black, but it's hard to tell at a glance between Specter, Blackhawk, BFG, or others "Black" slings) the pouches - when used - are a little easier to identify, but still - It's kind of a mess of items & colors currently out there. I had once thought about writing up a "Cloner's Guide to the M16A4", but truly - the task is rather overwhelming with so many changes having been made over the decades (ambidextrous re-styled safeties, at least 3 different hand guard / rail systems, 3 distinctively different pistol grip molds, 4 vertical grips, bipods, bayonets, weapon lights  - & then the Optics changes, to say nothing of the slings & stock pouches, ect.)

One could just about fill a good-sized book on A4 optics & accessories alone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I sold my RAS on here a few months back. It was because I just really did not have a real for it and to make it a little more lighter in weight.

This configuration is what I like better.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FlDiveCop71:

Here's the thing... Right now everything seems rather a hodgepodge as far as who is using what sling or accessory & for what purpose. Even Lance's last photo kind of shows how messed up it all is. Those marines are using M1/M14 rifle slings on those A4s, though it's almost certainly only for drill purposes, it illustrates just how varied things can get.

For the most part, it seems the Blue Force Gear NSN sling, rear mount, & rail adapter are currently being issued (at least at the training level), however - Blue force currently doesn't offer a stock mag pouch or adapter for one (which are still sometimes required for use at certain FOBs & duty stations), which is why you will still see the Spector & other set-ups being used, both with or without a stock pouch.

As for color, I've seen everything from OD, to the Tan/Coyote-brown to the Black being used States-side (Mostly the Black, but it's hard to tell at a glance between Spector, Blackhawk, BFG, or others "Black" slings) the pouches - when used - are a little easier to identify, but still - It's kind of a mess of items & colors currently out there. I had once thought about writing up a "Cloner's Guide to the M16A4", but truly - the task is rather overwhelming with so many changes having been made over the decades (ambidextrous re-styled safeties, at least 3 different hand guard / rail systems, 3 distinctively different pistol grip molds, 4 vertical grips, bipods, bayonets, weapon lights  - & then the Optics changes, to say nothing of the slings & stock pouches, ect.)

View All Quotes

For the most part, it seems the Blue Force Gear NSN sling, rear mount, & rail adapter are currently being issued (at least at the training level), however - Blue force currently doesn't offer a stock mag pouch or adapter for one (which are still sometimes required for use at certain FOBs & duty stations), which is why you will still see the Spector & other set-ups being used, both with or without a stock pouch.

As for color, I've seen everything from OD, to the Tan/Coyote-brown to the Black being used States-side (Mostly the Black, but it's hard to tell at a glance between Spector, Blackhawk, BFG, or others "Black" slings) the pouches - when used - are a little easier to identify, but still - It's kind of a mess of items & colors currently out there. I had once thought about writing up a "Cloner's Guide to the M16A4", but truly - the task is rather overwhelming with so many changes having been made over the decades (ambidextrous re-styled safeties, at least 3 different hand guard / rail systems, 3 distinctively different pistol grip molds, 4 vertical grips, bipods, bayonets, weapon lights  - & then the Optics changes, to say nothing of the slings & stock pouches, ect.)

Thanks for this. I would buy your book btw :) Maybe Augee could write the forward lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Thanks for this. I would buy your book btw :) Maybe Augee could write the forward lol
View All Quotes

I'd certainly need someone to proof-read it as I'm always making stupid spelling errors like spelling "Specter" as "Spector" for example.

& Augee almost certainly has access to better writing material than I do.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
During the heights of the GWOT the Marine Corps the CQB solutions, later Specter, 3 point slings were bought by numerous units to issue because there was not a sling that was a program of record.  Around  2005 the Sling, Three Point, Combat Assault was standardized.  It was in fact was piece of crap and despite MarCorpSysCom probation on unit purchases of slings units continued to buy them.

Around 2009 it was decided to field the blue force gear sling to infantry and infantry like units (Marine Corps parlance for most units in the divisions), that has pretty much happened in the active divisions but units are required to maintain their standard parade slings for ceremonies and table 1.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#22]
On my A4 I have an early Eagle Industries TAS-RAS  3 pnt sling.  Still have the manual for it here somewhere.  Will post up some pics when I find them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Found it!  Here are pics of the Eagle Industries 3 point sling manual.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#24]

For the most part, it seems the Blue Force Gear NSN sling, rear mount, & rail adapter are currently being issued (at least at the training level), however - Blue force currently doesn't offer a stock mag pouch or adapter for one (which are still sometimes required for use at certain FOBs & duty stations), which is why you will still see the Specter & other set-ups being used, both with or without a stock pouch.

As for color, I've seen everything from OD, to the Tan/Coyote-brown to the Black being used States-side (Mostly the Black, but it's hard to tell at a glance between Specter, Blackhawk, BFG, or others "Black" slings) the pouches - when used - are a little easier to identify, but still - It's kind of a mess of items & colors currently out there. I had once thought about writing up a "Cloner's Guide to the M16A4", but truly - the task is rather overwhelming with so many changes having been made over the decades (ambidextrous re-styled safeties, at least 3 different hand guard / rail systems, 3 distinctively different pistol grip molds, 4 vertical grips, bipods, bayonets, weapon lights  - & then the Optics changes, to say nothing of the slings & stock pouches, ect.)

View All Quotes

They look like "silent slings" to me.  But I could be wrong.  Simple nylon with those metal double loops on either side.   M1 /M14 slings had that metal clip all the way at one end with the flippy adjustment buckle on the other and usually and endcap on the sling on that end.  At least that's how I know it to be.  But again, I'm no expert.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

They look like "silent slings" to me.  But I could be wrong.  Simple nylon with those metal double loops on either side.   M1 /M14 slings had that metal clip all the way at one end with the flippy adjustment buckle on the other and usually and endcap on the sling on that end.  At least that's how I know it to be.  But again, I'm no expert.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Marine Corps parade slings are silent slings with quick adjust buckle
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:59:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#26]
Yes - MIKEE23666 posted a pic of that sling in use back on page 123. Strangely though, the right-handed operator pictured has the sling set-up for left-handed carry...Probably it's someone else's rifle & he's just using it to look through the scope, but I don't know... It is interesting how often I see boot blousing bands used on Acogs however.
Attachment Attached File

Like I stated before - one could just about fill a good sized book on A4 stuffs...
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Is that FN clone rifle for sale anywhere yet?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Yes - MIKEE23666 posted a pic of that sling in use back on page 123. Strangely though, the right-handed operator pictured has the sling set-up for left-handed carry...Probably it's someone else's rifle & he's just using it to look through the scope, but I don't know... It is interesting how often I see boot blousing bands used on Acogs however.
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj322/MikeFL74/imagejpg1_zps62fc498c.jpg
Like I stated before - one could just about fill a good sized book on A4 stuffs...
View All Quotes

Interesting. It appears that's a Vltor stock - is this an "A5" sighting or just a regular collapsible field replacement?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Interesting. It appears that's a Vltor stock - is this an "A5" sighting or just a regular collapsible field replacement?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

The Marine Corps never official approved the A4PIP, the A5 was never classified.

However it did authorize commanders to switch out the fixed stock with the collapsible stock kit.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#30]
ANA commando designated marksman clone...
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nickforney:
ANA commando designated marksman clone...
<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/nickforney/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5d20e5d6-e794-4915-93fc-f23ec6ec453b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/Mobile%20Uploads/5d20e5d6-e794-4915-93fc-f23ec6ec453b.jpg</a>
View Quote

10/10 would take home sober.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#32]

Shity sling.

We just tossed ours and went and got Specter slings with our own money.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
One of the haley ones can't remember what it is exactly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Just about to put my A4 build together! I know the lower rollmarks im using is not close to "clonage" at all, but since I am departing for OCS in september, I figured Id make a sort of "USMC collector" model. Heres what ive got!

-JD Machine USMC EGA lower
-BCM A2 stock kit
-Colt removable carry handle
-PSA LPK
-PSA 20" 1/7 Government Profile upper
-KAC M5 RAS with all the appropriate rail panels and foregrip
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LabelFacingRight] [#38]
Originally Posted By RedRaider0311:
Just about to put my A4 build together! I know the lower rollmarks im using is not close to "clonage" at all, but since I am departing for OCS in september, I figured Id make a sort of "USMC collector" model. Heres what ive got!

-JD Machine USMC EGA lower
-BCM A2 stock kit
-Colt removable carry handle
-PSA LPK
-PSA 20" 1/7 Government Profile upper
-KAC M5 RAS with all the appropriate rail panels and foregrip
View Quote

Eh, seems close enough to me. I would say unless its something crazy like a billet lower then any standard lower works IMO.

On another note, I was at my dad's house over the weekend and found my seabag that had everything from my last deployment in it, so I threw together a quick photo.

Was kind of hoping that the Spectre Gear sling I had would be in the bag but I wasn't able to find it so I'll be looking to pick one up new now along with the Acog, grip pod, matech etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FAB-10_Guy] [#39]
Originally Posted By Citadel-SC:
Is that FN clone rifle for sale anywhere yet?
View Quote

I'm wondering about this too.  I'm going to enquire locally this week and see if they can get it, and at what price.

ETA: also, I'm not seeing any "in the wild" pics of painted M16A4s.  Is this something that's frowned upon?  Once I finally get mine built, I would really like to give it the "Krylon treatment".  
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

ETA: also, I'm not seeing any "in the wild" pics of painted M16A4s.  Is this something that's frowned upon?  Once I finally get mine built, I would really like to give it the "Krylon treatment".  
View Quote

I wouldn't doubt that there were/are some painted A4s out there. I think the reason you don't see them very often is 1) The average Marine doesn't really care enough to go through the trouble of painting their rifle and 2) there's probably a higher than average chance that your Gunny/1stSgt/ or higher will chew you out for it. I've actually personally witnessed that last one, getting ready to head out on patrol and our battery 1st Sgt chewed out a guy for 30 min. over it because it would "make him a bigger target" and "would impede the function of his rifle".
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By LabelFacingRight:

I wouldn't doubt that there were/are some painted A4s out there. I think the reason you don't see them very often is 1) The average Marine doesn't really care enough to go through the trouble of painting their rifle and 2) there's probably a higher than average chance that your Gunny/1stSgt/ or higher will chew you out for it. I've actually personally witnessed that last one, getting ready to head out on patrol and our battery 1st Sgt chewed out a guy for 30 min. over it because it would "make him a bigger target" and "would impede the function of his rifle".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LabelFacingRight:
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

This is the same reason I have not painted my Mk12 Mod 1.  I have not seen any Marine painted Mk12's in the wild.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Some blasts from the past.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Best censor that ugly mug.
View All Quotes

I'm so ugly, the camera automatically censors my photos.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Outside of Scout Snipers, MARSOC and Recon you are not going find painted rifles in the Marines

Reality is outside of a very narrow application it really is a "shiny thing"  of people doing it because they can
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Is that RustedAce's rifle?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#47]
I had one in Italy - a nice Colt - but I had to sell it coming over here. I moved.
I missed it, so I went the clone way. Here. Done.

M16A3 Magpul Edition
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

This is the one I had in Italy.

Colt AR15 Magpul MOE Rifle
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Other than the fact that there's no differences, there's no differences (the upper here is the great quality TNTE Uppers).
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
I had one in Italy - a nice Colt - but I had to sell it coming over here. I moved. I missed it, so I went the clone way. Here. Done.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/uqDiKX" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5586/18656864289_ec66944000_h.jpg</a>
M16A3 Magpul Edition
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

This is the one I had in Italy.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/nNcePn" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2897/14306243655_60f1e5a04c_h.jpg</a>
Colt AR15 Magpul MOE Rifle
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Other than the fact that there's no differences, there's no differences (the upper here is the great quality TNTE Uppers).
View Quote

not strictly a clone, but i'm diggin it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Were m16A4's ever issued with Eotechs or aimpoints?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By InternationalM:
Were m16A4's ever issued with Eotechs or aimpoints?
View Quote

There are some posted here in this thread somewhere.

Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 71 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top