Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 98 of 147)
Page / 147
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:33:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#1]
I am awaiting my M5 RAS and barrel to arrive. Everything else except the Acog is ready. Going to have to wait on that.

Here is a pic of my son, a newly minted Marine, taken during grass week at Parris Island. He is currently at Camp Geiger for MCT.

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dog1:
I am awaiting my M5 RAS and barrel to arrive. Everything else except the Acog is ready. Going to have to wait on that.

Here is a pic of my son, a newly minted Marine, taken during grass week at Parris Island. He is currently at Camp Geiger for MCT.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/IMG_8531-329126.jpg
View Quote
Hope you'll get what you want soon.
Meanwhile, I am very impressed by the fact that your son is serving in the Marines.

Well done.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Hope you'll get what you want soon.
Meanwhile, I am very impressed by the fact that your son is serving in the Marines.

Well done.
View Quote
Thanks, he's turning into quite a man and a Marine, We are proud of him.

My parts should all arrive by weeks end, then I will start looking for sales and such for the Acog.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:40:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#4]

View Quote
Very nice!!!!  You must've taught him to shoot.  1/2 the time I see military guys they have their finger so deep in there you'd think the trigger is on the 2nd joint of their finger........  Maybe that's how their taught??  

I bet you are proud!!!  Give him a big "thanks for serving" from us here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Very nice!!!!  You must've taught him to shoot.  1/2 the time I see military guys they have their finger so deep in there you'd think the trigger is on the 2nd joint of their finger........  Maybe that's how their taught??  

I bet you are proud!!!  Give him a big "thanks for serving" from us here.
View Quote
Thanks, yep we are proud of him and I will pass on your thanks. Yea, I taught him. We spent alot of time shooting the last couple of years.

His PMI-Primary Marksmanship Instructor asked him about it. He was happy that someone had actually spent some time at the range before coming to boot.

His PMI is a big time 3 gunner and Service Rifle competitor.

The boy was pissed that he missed Expert by 2 points. His rifle had 2 FTF on the Table 2 firing which is close range, moving targets. It ended up costing him several points on the movers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Well...some parts cam in today. I got my complete Knight's M5 RAS in and since I do not have a Acog yet, I got a carry handle sight in too-

I need a correct sling....I'm trying to sort out the sling info on page 90...anyone have links to places that have them?

I'm  having a hard time finding them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks, yep we are proud of him and I will pass on your thanks. Yea, I taught him. We spent alot of time shooting the last couple of years.

His PMI-Primary Marksmanship Instructor asked him about it. He was happy that someone had actually spent some time at the range before coming to boot.

His PMI is a big time 3 gunner and Service Rifle competitor.

The boy was pissed that he missed Expert by 2 points. His rifle had 2 FTF on the Table 2 firing which is close range, moving targets. It ended up costing him several points on the movers.
View Quote
Those dang boot camp guns.  It seems like a miracle they still shoot with how much they clean them and beat on them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Those dang boot camp guns.  It seems like a miracle they still shoot with how much they clean them and beat on them.
View Quote
He had to beat the takedown pins out with the cleaning rod because the pins were so rusted. He wasn't happy with his rifle but he said there were worst ones in the platoon.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a link to the correct sling for the A4? I cannot seem to find one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:26:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#11]
Is the only difference between the TA31F and the TA31RCO-A4CP is the reticle with the ranging marks on the right and left?

I see from the original post that the TA31F was used at one time by the Marines, until the TA31RCO-A4CP came along.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the only difference between the TA31F and the TA31RCO-A4CP is the reticle with the ranging marks on the right and left?

https://www.trijicon.com/images/product_reticles/TA31RCO-A4CP_reticle_popup.jpg     https://www.trijicon.com/images/product_reticles/TA31F_reticle_popup.jpg

I see from the original post that the TA31F was used at one time by the Marines, until the TA31RCO-A4CP came along.
View Quote
The BDC stadia lines are different.  The RCO-A4 is calibrated for M855 out of a 20" barrel.  The 31F is for a 16" barrel.  You can use either optic, but if you mismatch the BDC and barrel length, then you will have to figure out at what distances the holdovers would actually correspond to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

The BDC stadia lines are different.  The RCO-A4 is calibrated for M855 out of a 20" barrel.  The 31F is for a 16" barrel.  You can use either optic, but if you mismatch the BDC and barrel length, then you will have to figure out at what distances the holdovers would actually correspond to.
View Quote
Ah..ok. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:39:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#14]

Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Put it together Saturday, had it at the range Sunday.  It's a real good shooter
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I found the best price on a the TA31RCOA4CP at Optics Agent and I have ordered it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#17]
My correct Acog has arrived-

Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:34:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mech4matsnova] [#18]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Blue Force Gear 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Blue Force Gear 
This, the pic you posted, the recruit(now PFC ) has a BFG Vickers VCAS with the polymer hardware and the quick adjuster.  I have that exact sling on my A4 mutt.  Brief Tangent: what's his MOS?

Blue Force Gear VCAS

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#19]
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:
This, the pic you posted, the recruit(now PFC ) has a BFG Vickers VCAS with the polymer hardware and the quick adjuster.  I have that exact sling on my A4 mutt.  Brief Tangent: what's his MOS?

Blue Force Gear VCAS

View All Quotes
Blue Force Gear 

Blue Force Gear VCAS

Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Blue Force Gear 

Blue Force Gear VCAS

Beat me to it...yup he's heading to AAV school. Camp Pendleton.

Thanks for link!
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#21]
My son hated that sling at boot. He had single point slings at home on both of his AR's and he said that the Vickers is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
My son hated that sling at boot. He had single point slings at home on both of his AR's and he said that the Vickers is uncomfortable.
View Quote
When I went to boot camp at Parris Island just shy of 40 years ago, we used the OD nylon M14 slings on our M16A1s. They worked fairly well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
When I went to boot camp at Parris Island just shy of 40 years ago, we used the OD nylon M14 slings on our M16A1s. They worked fairly well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
Funny you should say that, that's what he said in a letter..."If I thought they would let me, I would just have send that one that is on your M1A Socom."

Which is a od canvas M14 sling.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Does the correct barrel profile include the .700”x.700” step at the muzzle? I have seen several factory colts without it, but a quick internet search shows that it is present on rifles in action.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#25]
When I went to boot camp at Parris Island just shy of 40 years ago, we used the OD nylon M14 slings on our M16A1s. They worked fairly well. [quote

^Yeah, same here (Ft. Leonard Wood, 19 AUG 81)
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#26]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20171103_102453__2_-351820.jpg
View Quote
Awesome looking rifle.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I will soon be joining the ranks of the A4 clone squad. Ordered a trijcon ta31rco-a4cp got a lower and 20" upper on the way. Will post when complete.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Stupid question but am I the only one that takes the spacer out from under the screw on the top rail to get the covers on?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Awesome looking rifle.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20171103_102453__2_-351820.jpg
Awesome looking rifle.
Thanks...I like shooting it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#30]
KAC recommends not using top rail covers for better heat dissipation.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NUJbrown:
Stupid question but am I the only one that takes the spacer out from under the screw on the top rail to get the covers on?
View Quote
I didn't....
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mister_Donut] [#32]
Not sure if I should play here, but here goes:

Still need a forward assist (it's a Colt Expanse upper from my spare parts box) and probably a lot of other things to qualify for clone status.  I actually haven't decided which direction to go on this.  I was originally going to build another C7A2 clone, but I also wanted an M16A4 clone so it's sort of a mutt of both for now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Is the BCM 20” upper worthy here for A4?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#34]
God I love this rifle!!

Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
Not sure if I should play here, but here goes:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y3cZksEEQhk/Wgu5p3kXlaI/AAAAAAAArGs/TVWbr3Un93wccQAajRVg2wJZZ1t4ztyqACKgBGAs/s1600/PB142743.JPG

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r90mQhzgDz4/Wgu5pwOYoPI/AAAAAAAArGs/hxJfHBTG8E8IzcKrVjXwoEXbIFQUKrQ4QCKgBGAs/s1600/PB142744.JPG

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zvLHQsuClRM/Wgu5p0kw6GI/AAAAAAAArGs/RDT0DJ5Sm-UAVTfU1NxDpiE4kmFD90cqQCKgBGAs/s1600/PB142749.JPG

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qtVgSdcuS2Q/Wgu5p5gep9I/AAAAAAAArGs/1DjxwjU-XpkqSzfysxYAa_DEtC4ttkpnwCKgBGAs/s1600/PB142752.JPG

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vCtMz9ptt-0/Wgu5pw_aUhI/AAAAAAAArGs/O1SJo1UzMn84ktkzV5wu1urBPoTItAVggCKgBGAs/s1600/PB142754.JPG

Still need a forward assist (it's a Colt Expanse upper from my spare parts box) and probably a lot of other things to qualify for clone status.  I actually haven't decided which direction to go on this.  I was originally going to build another C7A2 clone, but I also wanted an M16A4 clone so it's sort of a mutt of both for now.
View Quote
Very nice, I like it!
Originally Posted By DT-USA:
Is the BCM 20 upper worthy here for A4?
View Quote
Some will say it's not "correct". But, plenty of us have them, and they are damned nice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice looking additions!  About done with the one here, will get a couple pics up soon!  Cheers!
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I am highly considering placing an order for an Acog for my a4 and will most likely get the correct rco-a4 model because I love shooting this rifle and an acog may just make it that much funner. I do enjoy the plain old irons as well though
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Very nice, I like it!
Some will say it's not "correct". But, plenty of us have them, and they are damned nice.
View Quote
Great.  I did order one that will be arriving here soon.  Bought a matching lower locally, which I need to find a stock for.  Already found a new RAS... pretty excited.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ckopp636:
I am highly considering placing an order for an Acog for my a4 and will most likely get the correct rco-a4 model because I love shooting this rifle and an acog may just make it that much funner. I do enjoy the plain old irons as well though
View Quote
I waited and waited until I found the right one at the right price and I'm glad I waited for the correct Acog. Look on a website called Optics agent.

Best price I can find on that Acog
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#40]

I waited and waited until I found the right one at the right price and I'm glad I waited for the correct Acog. Look on a website called Optics agent.

Best price I can find on that Acog
View Quote

They do have a good price on it. A local shop quoted me about the same as them and I can get it elsewhere with current sale & coupon code for even less. The local shop didnt have a red chevrons but they did have a green 4x chevron and a ta01nsn and both are beautiful so im pretty sure Id like an RCO on the m16a4
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#41]

They do have a good price on it. A local shop quoted me about the same as them and I can get it elsewhere with current sale & coupon code for even less. The local shop didnt have a red chevrons but they did have a green 4x chevron and a ta01nsn and both are beautiful so im pretty sure Id like an RCO on the m16a4
View Quote
I had found a couple of Acogs online that were on sale as well as a few here that were good prices, but they were not the correct Acog. Two Sundays ago I went out to a buddys house to do some rifle shooting. After getting it zeroed, I was hitting a half size ipsec style steel target at 400 yards in a 8 to 12 mile an hour crosswind with it.

I was using 62 grain m855 and the BDC was just about dead on.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Aero Precision Lower Kit (SAFE-SEMI-BURST) markings
PSA 20" CHF Upper Kit
KAC M5 RAS
Blackhawk Swift Sling
IJK Optics 4x32 ACOG clone

Baseline PSA A2 Handguards

KAC M5 RAS Added

IJK 4x32 ACOG clone and Matech BUIS

FNH Stamped CHF Barrel - Non-Govt Profile Barrel
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I had found a couple of Acogs online that were on sale as well as a few here that were good prices, but they were not the correct Acog. Two Sundays ago I went out to a buddys house to do some rifle shooting. After getting it zeroed, I was hitting a half size ipsec style steel target at 400 yards in a 8 to 12 mile an hour crosswind with it.

View All Quotes

Order has been placed for an rco a4 and pics will be added when i get it. I sure hope i enjoy it on the rifle because its hard to commit $1200 to just a little optic. anxiously awaiting arrival
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#44]
What's going on with that shiny spot above the selector?  Y'know, the spot an auto sear pin would be?

Link Posted: 11/17/2017 9:12:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The-Ant1-Liberal] [#45]
A Tale of Two Clones...

A4 on the Left:  BCM A4 Mod 1 w/Geissele SSA-E, RCOA4, Knight's Armament 600m BUIS and Surefire M962
A4 on the Right:  Colt AR-15A4 w/Geissele SSA-E, RCOA4, Matech BUIS, Surefire M961 and BFG sling

And the rest of the AR fam...I opted not to add my M1A fam as this is strictly AR porn.

Link Posted: 11/17/2017 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By The-Ant1-Liberal:
A Tale of Two Clones...

A4 on the Left:  BCM A4 Mod 1 w/Geissele SSA-E, RCOA4, Knight's Armament 600m BUIS and Surefire M962
A4 on the Right:  Colt AR-15A4 w/Geissele SSA-E, RCOA4, Matech BUIS, Surefire M961 and BFG sling

https://i.imgur.com/eGxZTxw.jpg

And the rest of the AR fam...I opted not to add my M1A fam as this is strictly AR porn.

https://i.imgur.com/Ln4VDok.jpg
View Quote
Nice, you have right and left confused though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Where is everyone getting their barrels these days? I use to be able find FN A2 barrels left and right but not anymore. I miss my A4 clone so much I need to build another.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quite a few people including myself have used Windham weaponry barrels even though they have non F marked sight towers. They are good shooting barrels. Ive seen a couple Colt barrel assemblies pulled from new ar15a4`s pop up for sale.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JeredMD:
Where is everyone getting their barrels these days? I use to be able find FN A2 barrels left and right but not anymore. I miss my A4 clone so much I need to build another.
View Quote
Well...I was wanting to do it on a budget as much as I could, because I knew I was going to spend the bulk of my money on the correct Acog for it.

Brownell's had High Standard 1/7 barrels with a F marked FSB on sale for $150. The con was that it has no delta ring assembly, no front sight, no sling swivel and no flash hider. It is chrome lined and had a triangle handguard cap on it, which does not matter for the M5 RAS, you can use either the round or the triangle.

It's marketed as a Service Rifle competition barrel. I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot and see. I had the rest of the parts needed in a parts box to finish it out. If I was not happy with it, Brownell's has the no BS return policy, I'll send it back and get something else.

So far I have been happy with it. I was hitting a 60% size ar500 IPSC target at 400 yards with it, on a windy day with the wind gusting between 8-12mph.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Are the KAC ambi safeties ever issued on M16A4s or just the Colt ones?
Page / 147
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 98 of 147)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top