Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 232
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#1]
The NSN came in today and my lawdddd.  I think this is officially complete and my most accurate build to date.  One thing I totally forgot about was the bible verse on the ACOG.  Check that out and the mid 2000s package ("aerospace seals that allow the ACOG to go to NAVY SEALS depths!") it came in below as well, pretty cool!

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DStepec:
The NSN came in today and my lawdddd.  I think this is officially complete and my most accurate build to date.  One thing I totally forgot about was the bible verse on the ACOG.  Check that out and the mid 2000s package ("aerospace seals that allow the ACOG to go to NAVY SEALS depths!") it came in below as well, pretty cool!

View Quote

Lookin good man.. Is that the GL launcher you can buy through Brownells?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:

Lookin good man.. Is that the GL launcher you can buy through Brownells?
View Quote

This is one of those Colt 40mm title 1 receivers with the Colt 37mm smooth barrel.  They were offered through AU for awhile, it was kind of a chaotic thread if you find yourself bored lol.  I bought a receiver only from AU, but then I accidentally won one with a barrel on GB that came with the 37mm barrel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49827621206_0d6f52f096_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49827934992_68ca454b4b_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49827934842_65764f909c_z.jpg
View Quote

NIce! Think that's the correct kill flash too. I have a later NSN with the later adj. knobs, and I hunted one of those kill flashes
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By uniform64:

NIce! Think that's the correct kill flash too. I have a later NSN with the later adj. knobs, and I hunted one of those kill flashes
View Quote

I’ll snap a pic of it tomorrow, I didn’t know there was an early and late ARD!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]

I’ll snap a pic of it tomorrow, I didn’t know there was an early and late ARD!
View Quote

I made this pic of my ARD's for my reference. There's one other model with a laser filter that I've seen that is a little longer than the one I have. Not sure of the model.
The TA57 being the early model and the TA91 the later model. The AG1C00 I just purchased last month and looks to be an updated model of the TA57 with the ability to mount Tenebraex's flip up caps.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:37:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#8]

I made this pic of my ARD's for my reference. There's one other model with a laser filter that I've seen that is a little longer than the one I have. Not sure of the model.
The TA57 being the early model and the TA91 the later model. The AG1C00 I just purchased last month and looks to be an updated model of the TA57 with the ability to mount Tenebraex's flip up caps.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49648855751_b2f4ce6d47_b.jpg
View Quote

Awesome post! Mines definitely the TA57 per your pic. I usually am all over the details but I impulse bought this one off the EE. Glad it panned out

ETA: my 0937xx TA01NSN was manufactured in 2005 per Trijicon customer service.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#9]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49648855751_b2f4ce6d47_b.jpg
View Quote

This maybe the KF you're referring to.  There was a lens filter behind the honeycomb.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

This maybe the KF you're referring to.  There was a lens filter behind the honeycomb.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0660_jpg-1390314.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0661_jpg-1390315.JPG

CD
View Quote

Yes Sir, that's the one. On mine the filter is built into the housing the ARD screws on. That one looks more modular in design.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up a m951 from a buddy on a trade. Came with an ARMS #17 mount missing the lever. Can't seem to find a replacement lever so I guess i'll look for an oem mount.

Then my upper will be about done. Need to convince myself to buy another acog even though I dislike them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#12]
I know not clone correct, but does anyone have a pick of a block 1 is with a surefire sfct 556. All my other builds have surefire and when I build my block 1 I'd like the same ability to use sf can
Also as I plan my block 1 build. If you could only get a gov profile barrel would you go for a m4a1 or m4 stripped lower. Yeah Yeah I know it is not going to be a cold or fn lower but hey it is easily available and my builds dont have to be 100% correct as long as the bones are pretty close.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By P51D_katydid:
From a historical perspective, how were the ACOG and aimpoints distributed on a platoon/company for the Iraq War and Afghanistan? Was one sight favored over the other in different theaters? To clarify more asking about regular army and USMC, which I guess isn’t really the subject of this thread.
View Quote

The Army infantry companies I was in had a mix of ACOG's and M68 CCO's (CompM2's and CompM4's).  The distribution seemed to give infantry squad leaders the ACOG's, and then the rest of the grunts, as well as the 13F's, 19D's and 68W's would get the CCO's.  Of course, there were variations, but that seemed to be the predominant pattern.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Colt CAGE marked charging handles at SAC. Price is up but what isn't Colt-wise?

Info on his webpage on how orders are taken.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
I know not clone correct, but does anyone have a pick of a block 1 is with a surefire sfct 556. All my other builds have surefire and when I build my block 1 I'd like the same ability to use sf can
Also as I plan my block 1 build. If you could only get a gov profile barrel would you go for a m4a1 or m4 stripped lower. Yeah Yeah I know it is not going to be a cold or fn lower but hey it is easily available and my builds dont have to be 100% correct as long as the bones are pretty close.
View Quote

I don't think I've seen that combo but who knows. I think the SFCT is newer in the SF line up when compared to the age of the Block 1. Since most of those issue guns are probably Block 2's by now my guess is they'd have a 4P on them. I'd assume if we see them ITW they'd be unit/agency purchased.

I will say from a squint-your-eyes/50-feet-away clone perspective it's a pretty good match for the A2 birdcage. Plus like you said, you get to mount your SF can as well.

How about it @Combat_Diver? Ever seen SFCT's in your AO?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

I don't think I've seen that combo but who knows. I think the SFCT is newer in the SF line up when compared to the age of the Block 1. Since most of those issue guns are probably Block 2's by now my guess is they'd have a 4P on them. I'd assume if we see them ITW they'd be unit/agency purchased.

I will say from a squint-your-eyes/50-feet-away clone perspective it's a pretty good match for the A2 birdcage. Plus like you said, you get to mount your SF can as well.

How about it @Combat_Diver? Ever seen SFCT's in your AO?
View Quote

Zero, Nada, Nope, Negative, None seen

CD
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

I don't think I've seen that combo but who knows. I think the SFCT is newer in the SF line up when compared to the age of the Block 1. Since most of those issue guns are probably Block 2's by now my guess is they'd have a 4P on them. I'd assume if we see them ITW they'd be unit/agency purchased.

I will say from a squint-your-eyes/50-feet-away clone perspective it's a pretty good match for the A2 birdcage. Plus like you said, you get to mount your SF can as well.

How about it @Combat_Diver? Ever seen SFCT's in your AO?
View Quote

Wasn't talking about issued guns just what people built. The sfct is similar to an extended birdcage with the ability for surefire cans. So I am thinking of going that route as all my other rifles have surefire md
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

The sfct is similar to an extended birdcage with the ability for surefire cans. So I am thinking of going that route as all my other rifles have surefire md
View Quote

Reason enough.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:31:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#19]
MEU 1.5 action, includes extended fore-end setup

31st Marine Expeditionary Unit - Fast Rope to Marksman Exercise
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
MEU 1.5 action, includes extended fore-end setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_NnQ_8_Ok
View Quote

Nice!  Looks like fun except for the guy who throws his glove!  They get real hot using the wrong kind.  Looks like some are still using 1911s too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#21]
MEU 1.5 action, includes extended fore-end setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_NnQ_8_Ok
View Quote

Nice to see a variety of optics.

Which Aimpoint mount is this?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By uniform64:

Nice to see a variety of optics.

Which Aimpoint mount is this?
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49846926286_f0968a7377_b.jpg
View Quote

I have 3 of those front flip caps in the front of that pic if anyone needs them: https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Aimpoint-Front-Flip-Caps/23-1992708/
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Gg&g cantilever
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

GG&G
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank you Sirs!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

Gg&g cantilever
View Quote

Originally Posted By j-dubya1:

GG&G
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#27]
It bugs the shit out me to not be able to post a pic in here, but my rifle is still missing one key component (RAS rail) to meet the minimum standard (in my eyes) of it being a clone rifle. Still waiting for a used KAC rail to pop up. Using a MI until then to get me by
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By js1977:
It bugs the shit out me to not be able to post a pic in here, but my rifle is still missing one key component (RAS rail) to meet the minimum standard (in my eyes) of it being a clone rifle. Still waiting for a used KAC rail to pop up. Using a MI until then to get me by 
View Quote

Id like to see your build. Keep an eye out as I just picked up 2 brand new kac rails with full kit for 200 each.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Winniethepooh] [#29]
I know aimpoint pro...
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Winniethepooh:

I know aimpoint pro...https://imgur.com/gallery/nvbV3EF
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:29:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#31]
Originally Posted By imdBman:

Nice!  Looks like fun except for the guy who throws his glove!  They get real hot using the wrong kind.  Looks like some are still using 1911s too.
View Quote

Yeah, that first guy hit the ground super fast, it  made my knees scream in fear. This vid made me look up M45A1 CQBPs also - horrible idea. These things are going from $2000 for production models all the way up $22,000.00 for decommissioned on gun broker

I'm really starting to consider adding on one these rail extensions to my build!

I like the Cadex model but they're discontinued:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Yeah, that first guy hit the ground super fast, it  made my knees scream in fear. This vid made me look up M45A1 CQBPs also - horrible idea. These things are going from $2000 for production models all the way up $22,000.00 for decommissioned on gun broker

I'm really starting to consider adding on one these rail extensions to my build!

I like the Cadex model but they're discontinued:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443802/cadexextension_png-1398598.JPG
View Quote

Cadex seems to have them for sale on their website, but Jesucristo, that price
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#33]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Cadex seems to have them for sale on their website, but Jesucristo, that price 
View Quote

Ah yes, you're right. Disregard my last and yeah $235 is ridiculous. I paid $170ish shipped for my KAC RAS new.

ETA: Considering the ERGO right now.

@Tigwelder1971 what extension is that shown in your picture? That one does not seem as chunky and I'd like to keep my carbine light in nimble as it is now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#34]

Ah yes, you're right. Disregard my last and yeah $235 is ridiculous. I paid $170ish shipped for my KAC RAS new.

ETA: Considering the ERGO  right now. 

@Tigwelder1971 what extension is that shown in your picture? That one does not seem as chunky and I'd like to keep my carbine light in nimble as it is now.
View Quote

I've got 2 with YHM tri rails currently.  

Was going to try Ergo but just said screw it and put a RIS II FSB on that gun.

Eta pic:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Id like to see your build. Keep an eye out as I just picked up 2 brand new kac rails with full kit for 200 each.
View Quote
Got super lucky last night and snagged a RIS in the EE.  As soon as I get it and get it installed, I'll post a pic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#36]
Got super lucky last night and snagged a RIS in the EE.  As soon as I get it and get it installed, I'll post a pic.
View Quote

I’m glad you snagged that, I contemplated that for a couple mins, but I just nabbed a RIS last week. Glad it’s going on a sweet build! Not many RIS builds these days.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:43:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#37]
Alright team, I need some help.  I am a collector of relevant US small arms and have done a 723, 727, block 1 on top of this page, block ii non-FSB mk18, early mk18 mod 0.  I'm having a hard time where to take this well worn upper.  It has a C stamped keyhole with proof stamps, 14.5" C marked barrel, FA C marked BCG.  I'm not married to keeping the square forge carry handle on it.  Is there anything off the wall rail wise I should look for?  I was thinking either a well worn RIS II FSB since my other RIS II is non-FSB?   Anything else I might be missing in terms of a direction I could take it?

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#38]

I'm glad you snagged that, I contemplated that for a couple mins, but I just nabbed a RIS last week. Glad it's going on a sweet build! Not many RIS builds these days.
View Quote
Thanks for holding off! Haha! It's crazy how fast they go, to think I snagged it in 15 minutes after it was posted and there had already been people passing on it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:55:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#39]
Thanks for holding off! Haha! It's crazy how fast they go, to think I snagged it in 15 minutes after it was posted and there had already been people passing on it.
View Quote

haha, the EE is the wild west for sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DStepec:
Alright team, I need some help.  I am a collector of relevant US small arms and have done a 723, 727, block 1 on top of this page, block ii non-FSB mk18, early mk18 mod 0.  I'm having a hard time where to take this well worn upper.  It has a C stamped keyhole with proof stamps, 14.5" C marked barrel, FA C marked BCG.  I'm not married to keeping the square forge carry handle on it.  Is there anything off the wall rail wise I should look for?  I was thinking either a well worn RIS II FSB since my other RIS II is non-FSB?   Anything else I might be missing in terms of a direction I could take it?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49850622973_49092bed74_b.jpg
View Quote

You could go a few directions with it depending on budget.

The least expensive option could be a basic pre MWS M4.  All that would take is a set of Colt double heat shield plastic hand guards.  Basic lower with either a waffle or CAR stock.

Or a Block 1.5 PR build, add KAC RAS and Block II optics, Tango Down VFG, and Insight M3X, WMX200, or Surefire 952V.

Or Block II FSP
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Some of my light set-ups.  I keep the tape switch routing pretty standardized on my RAS equipped rifles.

Top to bottom:
1st Gen M952V (2nd Gen is Scout series based)

M600C 200 lumen Scout with DS00 dual switch tail cap

2nd Gen fatbody M952 with A.R.M.S. #17 mount.  This one has an early XM dual switch tail cap.  If you look at the button, it is un-shrouded, newer versions have a shrouded button to protect it.  

3rd Gen slim body M952 with A.R.M.S. #17 mount.  This one has the Malkoff LED upgrade which makes it a usable light.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#42]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Some of my light set-ups.  I keep the tape switch routing pretty standardized on my RAS equipped rifles.

Top to bottom:
1st Gen M952V (2nd Gen is Scout series based) 

M600C 200 lumen Scout with DS00 dual switch tail cap 

2nd Gen fatbody M952 with A.R.M.S. #17 mount.  This one has an early XM dual switch tail cap.  If you look at the button, it is un-shrouded, newer versions have a shrouded button to protect it.  

3rd Gen slim body M952 with A.R.M.S. #17 mount.  This one has the Malkoff LED upgrade which makes it a usable light.  

https://i.imgur.com/h2uNWf7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/k925Ctv.jpg
View Quote

I went through Surefire catalogs from 1996-2005 yesterday and finally started to understand some stuff, including same name but generational differences.  It was spurred by these 2 lights (I believe M951's, fat body) I acquired that are going to go on builds.  I believe they are from the 2002 timeframe as they have the older thumbscrews.  One of them being slightly older with the knurled collar instead of wrench flats.  Also on those collars, notice the different o-ring placement.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

You could go a few directions with it depending on budget.

The least expensive option could be a basic pre MWS M4.  All that would take is a set of Colt double heat shield plastic hand guards.  Basic lower with either a waffle or CAR stock.

Or a Block 1.5 PR build, add KAC RAS and Block II optics, Tango Down VFG, and Insight M3X, WMX200, or Surefire 952V.

Or Block II FSP
View Quote
This is what I would do with that upper. Just a simple KISS M4 Carbine.
(My opinion may be biased since that's a build I've been wanting to do for a while now...)
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:09:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#45]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
This is what I would do with that upper. Just a simple KISS M4 Carbine. 
(My opinion may be biased since that's a build I've been wanting to do for a while now...)
View Quote

I had some 6 holes on it and it was very nice in the KISS department. Had a RAS on it then pulled it. I think I might throw a crunchy RIS II FSB on it with a crunchy Matech and leave it, irons only. It would then serve 2 purposes. 1) adds the ris ii FSB to my collection and 2) can be used as a trainer for my friends that are new. Wouldn’t mind if it’s dropped, etc.

Just thinking out loud, thanks gents!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
This is what I would do with that upper. Just a simple KISS M4 Carbine. 
View Quote

+1  In the "everybody should have one" category.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Top 2 pics are my issued M4 from 2012, the bottom two are my clone.  Two things that aren't really "correct" are the BCM grip and the Geissele charging handle, but the Geissele's at least issued with the new URG-I's.  

I've just gotten too spoiled on civilian-side grips and charging handles to go back.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Even has the banned serial number: bible verse John 8 chapter 12....cool
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Probably a well-known answer, but what model of Surefire is that?

https://i.imgur.com/NWWmyov.jpg
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By NCState85:
Probably a well-known answer, but what model of Surefire is that?

https://i.imgur.com/NWWmyov.jpg
View Quote
Looks like a 600v but the picture is a bit grainy. The head is almost certainly a white light + IR one.
Page / 232
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top