User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 912
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
Originally Posted By silhouette_:
Got my upper today from cmcflex.  The lower is going to get hit with paint same with the upper. Idk if I will paint the rail though. Now I just need to get my 1.5 put together and get a few other items for both and  voila.
Just need kac taupe front buis, vfg or afg, m600 light and a few other misc things.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2pyokfs.jpg

Where in tx are you? It'd love to go shoot!

I'm in Austin. What about you?
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By zemperfi1971:
Still missing a couple of things (silencer etc.etc.)...but pretty happy with the build.  I know the stock should be different but I really like the UBR gives the whole setup some stability.
That and the heavy barrel does add weight but just means more exercise.
Great varmint rig....lol...slight overkill...way to easy.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/Znzytivguy/IMG_0440.jpg

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/Znzytivguy/IMG_0439.jpg

Is that a no-shit SU-232/PAS?  How much'd that run you?  

~Augee

Pictures aren't visible anymore. What did I miss?
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Still missing a couple of things (silencer etc.etc.)...but pretty happy with the build.  I know the stock should be different but I really like the UBR gives the whole setup some stability.

~Augee

A SU-232. Godlyness
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

~Augee

A SU-232. Godlyness

No shit? The real deal?
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]

~Augee

SU-232
SU-230 w/ RMR
PEQ-15

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my upper today from cmcflex.  The lower is going to get hit with paint same with the upper. Idk if I will paint the rail though. Now I just need to get my 1.5 put together and get a few other items for both and  voila.
Just need kac taupe front buis, vfg or afg, m600 light and a few other misc things.

Houston we should get a Texas shoot going....

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Great Photobucket just crashed....lol....

What a Dick!

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Can some of you who are really familiar with Elcan's help me out a little? I found a few in the FDE color, and they were new and shrink wrapped from Elcan, but... the finish looks a little uneven and they have the commercial reticle. Anyone know the story behind these?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/524883_507366105959956_771435202_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/190347_507365872626646_647670837_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/711_507365625960004_1802613835_n.jpg

Probably due in large part to the popularity of this thread, and the high premiums some members were paying for FDE coated SpectreDRs, someone finally realized that it might be worth coating a couple standard commercial models in the color.  

Raytheon still maintains that the 1996 vintage TA01NSN reticule is "SOCOM proprietary," though, and claims they cannot use it in commercial models, so it was released with the commercial reticule.  

FDE anodizing has always been problematic with consistency - and the "overruns" that many of us have are rumored to have been available because they were rejected for cosmetic issues.  Several companies have tried and abandoned FDE anodizing, with only a few notable exceptions.  

One wonders how many "anodizing rejects" DD gets when making FDE RIS IIs, and whether or not they'd ever consider selling them as "seconds" to satisfy the huddled masses, longing for an FDE RIS II.  

Obviously as they don't have the "SOCOM reticule" and aren't contract overruns, they're not marked "SU-230/PVS."  

Honestly, I'm not sure if the effort has been successful or not, because a lot of the people paying premiums for the FDE ones were doing it because it was the "real McCoy."  

Also, the commercial reticule instead of the "SOCOM reticule" turns potential buyers like me off, who could care less about the markings, but wanted the FDE version for the cleaner, crisper, and more familiar (and non-machine gun) reticule.  

~Augee

What's the difference between the socom reticle and the commercial?  Is there a big difference?  That's weird that something like a reticle is proprietary.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Royal_Rounder223:

What a Dick!

I apologize for any transgressions on my part.  Do we know each other, that you would have cause to call me that name (Richard ...)?
Or is it the familiarity bred by the hidden borders of the internet.

Anyway.  Love this thread and all the nice rifles.  Best regards all.  Will enjoy reading passively.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Royal_Rounder223:

What a Dick!

I apologize for any transgressions on my part.  Do we know each other, that you would have cause to call me that name (Richard ...)?
Or is it the familiarity bred by the hidden borders of the internet.

Anyway.  Love this thread and all the nice rifles.  Best regards all.  Will enjoy reading passively.

Haha! Sir, nothing personal. I just missed out on the SU-232/PAS goodness before the "crash".

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 7:32:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#11]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
What's the difference between the socom reticle and the commercial?  Is there a big difference?  That's weird that something like a reticle is proprietary.....

The "SOCOM" reticule is largely based on the reticule that was developed for the TA01NSN before it's original adoption as the 4x DOS.  

The original TA01 reticule that was used in the ACR program and migrated to later use on Colt COTS carbines and early M4A1s was originally developed for carry handle mounting, and the BDC was calibrated for 55gr. M193 rounds through a 20" barrel:

Before adopting a variant of the TA01, SOCOM requested that the BDC be slightly redesigned, and calibrated for M855 from a 14.5" M4A1 barrel mounted on a flattop receiver:

Just a quick comparison will show you that the TA01NSN reticule has a longer drop between the 500m and 600m stadia due to the more precipitous drop of the heavier round from the shorter barrel.  Also, the original TA01NSN reticule didn't go beyond 600m, while the TA01 was calibrated for 800m.

When the SU-237/PVS and the SU-230/PVS were being developed, SOCOM again requested some minor changes to the reticules, since a) M4A1s were being fired further than anticipated in 1995, and b) these optics were also envisioned for use on light support weapons like the MK 46 MOD 0 (M249 variant), and the BDC range was expanded to 1,000m:  

This is the reticule for the ECOS series ACOGs (SU-237/PVS = TA01ECOS).  The SU-230/PVS reticule is almost identical, however, it uses a broken crosshairs and center dot for the primary aiming point:

SU-230/PVS-C reticule

I am not 100% certain what ballistic data was used to calibrate the BDC of the SU-237 and SU-230, and I'm not certain it's ever been "officially" released, hence the "prioprietary data."  Realistically, I would guess they either a) made no changes to the M855/14.5" combination, or somehow "split the difference" between rounds weighing between 62gr. and 77gr. (M855-MK 262 MOD 1).  In general, though, neither BDC is a precision instrument, and all will generally "get you in the ballpark"  by allowing you to correctly range the target and allow you to make fine adjustments based on DOPE.  

In comparison, the "commercial" ELCAN SpecterDR reticule is designed slightly differently:

My main issue is that the stadia lines on the SpecterDR are slightly coarser than the "SOCOM reticule," and I consider the circular "area target" indicators from 700-1,000m to be distracting, and clutter up the reticule.  The damn ironic thing about it is that the circular areas would be great on a machine gun optic - but they're omitted on the model most likely to be used on a machine gun, while the commercial market reticule, less likely to be used on a machine gun (though ELCAN does market the SpecterDR to foreign military markets as well) has the area target indicators.  

The commercial reticule is not a bad reticule, but I just far prefer the SU-230 reticule, as I find it cleaner and less distracting.  Also, for me, there was a measure of familiarity moving from the TA01NSN I was using to the SU-230, it was an easy transition, and functionally almost identical reticule.  

The only wonky thing about it is that Trijicon has no problems releasing the TA01ECOS and TA31ECOS using the "SOCOM reticule," while Raytheon will not.  The only thing that I can guess is that SOCOM requested the specs, but Trijicon developed the reticule - ELCAN was probably given the reticule data to build SU-230s for military contracts, but are probably under either contractual obligation not to, or simply don't want to run the risk of a lawsuit by using the SOCOM requested and Trijicon developed reticule in their commercial line of optics.  

From that perspective, the differences between the SU-230 reticule and SpecterDR reticule make sense - the original was changed "just enough" to differentiate it from the "SOCOM reticule" and avoid proprietary data issues.  Of course, I'm just guessing that this is what happened - but considering Trijicon developed the TA01NSN reticule, and simply had to modify it slightly for the ECOS and SU-230, it would make sense that it was "licensed" for contract optics to Raytheon, but not authorized for commercial sale, the same way FNMI can't sell complete AR15s "above the line" and under their own brand.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Augee, do you know if the Elcan is like the ACOG where the horizontal lines for each distance is typical width of a man's shoulders?
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 9:01:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#13]

Originally Posted By M4A1:

The "SOCOM" reticule is largely based on the reticule that was developed for the TA01NSN before it's original adoption as the 4x DOS.  

The original TA01 reticule that was used in the ACR program and migrated to later use on Colt COTS carbines and early M4A1s was originally developed for carry handle mounting, and the BDC was calibrated for 55gr. M193 rounds through a 20" barrel:

http://www.trijicon.com/images/product_reticles/TA01_reticle_popup.jpg

Before adopting a variant of the TA01, SOCOM requested that the BDC be slightly redesigned, and calibrated for M855 from a 14.5" M4A1 barrel mounted on a flattop receiver:

http://www.opticsbrands.com/gallery-5/640x480/tb_1222_TA01NSN_reticle_popup.jpg

Just a quick comparison will show you that the TA01NSN reticule has a longer drop between the 500m and 600m stadia due to the more precipitous drop of the heavier round from the shorter barrel.  Also, the original TA01NSN reticule didn't go beyond 600m, while the TA01 was calibrated for 800m.

When the SU-237/PVS and the SU-230/PVS were being developed, SOCOM again requested some minor changes to the reticules, since a) M4A1s were being fired further than anticipated in 1995, and b) these optics were also envisioned for use on light support weapons like the MK 46 MOD 0 (M249 variant), and the BDC range was expanded to 1,000m:  

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/trijicon/ta31ecos_reticle_diagram.jpg

This is the reticule for the ECOS series ACOGs (SU-237/PVS = TA01ECOS).  The SU-230/PVS reticule is almost identical, however, it uses a broken crosshairs and center dot for the primary aiming point:
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy285/docrock184/DSC01276.jpg

SU-230/PVS-C reticule
I am not 100% certain what ballistic data was used to calibrate the BDC of the SU-237 and SU-230, and I'm not certain it's ever been "officially" released, hence the "prioprietary data."  Realistically, I would guess they either a) made no changes to the M855/14.5" combination, or somehow "split the difference" between rounds weighing between 62gr. and 77gr. (M855-MK 262 MOD 1).  In general, though, neither BDC is a precision instrument, and all will generally "get you in the ballpark"  by allowing you to correctly range the target and allow you to make fine adjustments based on DOPE.  

In comparison, the "commercial" ELCAN SpecterDR reticule is designed slightly differently:

http://www.opticstalk.com/uploads/298/ELCAN-SpecterDR-Dual-Role-1x-4x-Optical-Sight-7_62-CX5396-Illuminated-Ballistic-Reticle-DFOV14-T2.jpg

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u340/csgunworks/ELCAN-4x-outside.jpg?t=1218760711

My main issue is that the stadia lines on the SpecterDR are slightly coarser than the "SOCOM reticule," and I consider the circular "area target" indicators from 700-1,000m to be distracting, and clutter up the reticule.  The damn ironic thing about it is that the circular areas would be great on a machine gun optic - but they're omitted on the model most likely to be used on a machine gun, while the commercial market reticule, less likely to be used on a machine gun (though ELCAN does market the SpecterDR to foreign military markets as well) has the area target indicators.  

The commercial reticule is not a bad reticule, but I just far prefer the SU-230 reticule, as I find it cleaner and less distracting.  Also, for me, there was a measure of familiarity moving from the TA01NSN I was using to the SU-230, it was an easy transition, and functionally almost identical reticule.  

The only wonky thing about it is that Trijicon has no problems releasing the TA01ECOS and TA31ECOS using the "SOCOM reticule," while Raytheon will not.  The only thing that I can guess is that SOCOM requested the specs, but Trijicon developed the reticule - ELCAN was probably given the reticule data to build SU-230s for military contracts, but are probably under either contractual obligation not to, or simply don't want to run the risk of a lawsuit by using the SOCOM requested and Trijicon developed reticule in their commercial line of optics.  

From that perspective, the differences between the SU-230 reticule and SpecterDR reticule make sense - the original was changed "just enough" to differentiate it from the "SOCOM reticule" and avoid proprietary data issues.  Of course, I'm just guessing that this is what happened - but considering Trijicon developed the TA01NSN reticule, and simply had to modify it slightly for the ECOS and SU-230, it would make sense that it was "licensed" for contract optics to Raytheon, but not authorized for commercial sale, the same way FNMI can't sell complete AR15s "above the line" and under their own brand.  

~Augee

I do have to agree with you there - compared to my TA31ECOS, the Civilian Elcan reticle is slightly more distracting for the reasons mentioned above.

On another note, I really regret selling my TA31ECOS - I hated the eye relief, but man oh man, was that glass absolutely crystal - and the reticle was superb as well.

Definitely considering picking another one up...

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
Augee, do you know if the Elcan is like the ACOG where the horizontal lines for each distance is typical width of a man's shoulders?

Yes.

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]

~Augee

Hopefully you got those bastards at Walgreens.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Houston we should get a Texas shoot going....

I would be down.  Probably wouldn't be able to do it until christmas break though. =/
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Was just about to post that.  Damnit, already bought an upper this week!

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DD+8001+FDE
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 3:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#19]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
RIS II rails in stock at BCM.  

Yeah!! Got the email notification and snagged one!
Now, just got to figure out how to swap my old Omega X rail out for it..
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Need some help on 1.5 optic selection. Torn between a 553 with magnifier or a ta01nsn. Want something with more magnification to use for pigs. I can get the 553 and magnifier for sub 700 so that is where I'm leaning but I know if I hold out a ta01nsn usually pops up on the EE for 6-700.  Also leaning towards the ta01 since i already have a t1. Wanna  get an optic on my 1.5 before I start buying everything else for II and 1.5.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Need some help on 1.5 optic selection. Torn between a 553 with magnifier or a ta01nsn. Want something with more magnification to use for pigs. I can get the 553 and magnifier for sub 700 so that is where I'm leaning but I know if I hold out a ta01nsn usually pops up on the EE for 6-700.  Also leaning towards the ta01 since i already have a t1. Wanna  get an optic on my 1.5 before I start buying everything else for II and 1.5.

You can get a brand new ta01nsn from Rainier Arms with coupon code MAP for something like $950. I'd recommend against a magnifier type set-up if you want to actually hunt with it
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 6:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: silhouette_] [#22]
Originally Posted By Will816:

You can get a brand new ta01nsn from Rainier Arms with coupon code MAP for something like $950. I'd recommend against a magnifier type set-up if you want to actually hunt with it

Well all it would be more to get rid of te pigs. Anything I keep I usually take with my 700. I have just never used an optic with a magnifier and I really like the reticle on the ta01
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Well all it would be more to get rid of te pigs. Anything I keep I usually take with my 700. I have just never used an optic with a magnifier and I really like the reticle on the ta01

The SOCOM reticle is really nice. Loved it on my ECOS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Start of my new Block II project:

I've got the DD RIS II to install, presently debating whether I like the look of them or the current "1.5" configuration better.    

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Beauty! God, y'all with those damn Elcans make me envious
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Mine is on its way to me in the mail
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Perfectly said.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#28]

You and me both.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Meh, think I'm finally over my ELCAN boner.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 9:34:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Texan_Ninja] [#30]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Same here. For the same price as the Elcan, you could build another Block 1.5 or Block II with an Eotech/Aimpoint on it
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By The_Texan_Ninja:
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Same here. For the same price as the Elcan, you could build another Block 1.5 or Block II with an Eotech/Aimpoint on it

Honestly, if trijicon made the ta01nsn with the red dot in the middle like the Elcan reticle, I'd be all over it with an offset T-1. Because I rarely if ever use the 1x on my Elcan.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 10:33:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: silhouette_] [#33]

Mine is on its way to me in the mail

Oh you suck...
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Honestly, if trijicon made the ta01nsn with the red dot in the middle like the Elcan reticle, I'd be all over it with an offset T-1. Because I rarely if ever use the 1x on my Elcan.

The TA31-ECOS has that capability if you use the BAC. It has the NSN reticle but illuminates only the center part of the reticle.

I am happy with my SU-230, though. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

The TA31-ECOS has that capability if you use the BAC. It has the NSN reticle but illuminates only the center part of the reticle.

http://www.centuriondefenseproducts.com/images/TA31ECOS_reticle_popup.jpg

I like mine too, but I need another optic soon and can't afford another su230
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: new-arguy] [#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#37]

I'm in the same boat.

I'd love to just get another TA31 ECOS, but I never had a use for the red dot on top, so I felt it was overkill (at least for my needs).

Practically speaking, the TA01NSN would be perfect, but there's just something incredibly cool and aesthetically pleasing about an ACOG with a red dot on top.

Sort of toying with the idea of going with the TA01 ECOS...

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I'm in the same boat.  

I'd love to just get another TA31 ECOS, but I never had a use for the red dot on top, so I felt it was overkill (at least for my needs).

Practically speaking, the TA01NSN would be perfect, but there's just something incredibly cool and aesthetically pleasing about an ACOG with a red dot on top.

Sort of toying with the idea of going with the TA01 ECOS...

I really like the BAC feature of the TA31's but there is something darn sexy about the TA01 ECOS. There's one for sale on the EE right now and it's killing me, I want it so bad but I bought an Elcan on Saturday and I can't get away with both. Also saw the ECOS is on the cover of Medal of Honor Warfighter, pretty cool!
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Apparently someone at gunshopfinder.com was very displeased about my sharing "their" Trijicon stock imagery for informational purposes...

Talk about "proprietary reticule."  

(original link is preserved in the quoted response)

Where the ELCAN makes its money is movement to (or breaking) contact, when you're displacing from position to position rapidly.  With a fixed magnification optic, the transition between unassisted vision and trying to acquire your target can sometimes be jarring when you've just done the "I'm up, he sees me, I'm down," and slower to acquire the target than a non-magnified sight.  

With the ELCAN, you can hit the ground in zero mag, acquire your target, flip the switch to four power, take your shots, then flip back and either get up and displace again, or continue to scan and pick up additional targets.  

For me, trying to accomplish the same with another variable power optic with a magnification ring, even with a cat tail, an offset MRD, or an RDS + magnifier combination is just slower and more unwieldy.  

On the other hand, I never had trouble doing the above with a fixed 4x32 ACOG, either, the SU-230 was just more awesomer at it.  

The first time I shot with an ELCAN it was a commercial model on a narrow 100m range and on an indoor range.  I wasn't impressed - it wasn't a bad optic, but not for the price.  

Once I ran a live-fire movement to contact... I was in love.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 8:13:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thesocialistnetwork] [#40]
Finally got my upper from another member (JohnHatcher).  All I have is my camera at the moment, pardon the lame Instagram pictures.  

Can't decide if I want to move the EOTech up to mount an Aimpoint magnifier or leave it as is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Just received my SU-230

Forgive the crappy iPhone picture

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
Just received my SU-230

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/silentmark73/524861A8-2534-4108-9BFC-BC132A13286A-4482-000005F6378D016A.jpg

Looks good! I ordered a commercial FDE specter from gun gallery and it just came in today, I'm stoked especially for the price Neil gave me. It's really something else to look at it and look through it. Can't wait to shoot it, hopefully Friday!

Also received my taupe front sight from operation parts! It's been an expensive week
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 10:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#43]

Just received my SU-230
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/silentmark73/524861A8-2534-4108-9BFC-BC132A13286A-4482-000005F6378D016A.jpg

Looks good! I ordered a commercial FDE specter from gun gallery and it just came in today, I'm stoked especially for the price Neil gave me. It's really something else to look at it and look through it. Can't wait to shoot it, hopefully Friday!
Also received my taupe front sight from operation parts! It's been an expensive week

Welcome to the club
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 11:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#44]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Just received my SU-230

Welcome to the club

HA HA!, that is why I stuck with the TA01NSN for my clone...wait! , Now I need the off set mounted T-1?...what?, almost same price?...Doh....

It is expensive either way... But I still like it.

Honestly, I think the 600yd  range of the TA01NSN matches the capability fo the M4A1 barrel the best.. The Elcan SU-230 and TA31-TA01-ECOS with the 1000yd reticle is better for a recce with SS precision barrel (at least to the most potential of both)...
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:59:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnHatcher] [#45]
Originally Posted By thesocialistnetwork:
Finally got my upper from another member (JohnHatcher).  All I have is my camera at the moment, pardon the lame Instagram pictures.  

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/j0ny4ng/IMG_20121024_164630.jpg

And here she is with her sister:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/j0ny4ng/IMG_20121024_170812.jpg

Can't decide if I want to move the EOTech up to mount an Aimpoint magnifier or leave it as is.

Wow bro! It looks great! Nice doing biz with ya. ENJOY!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 8:25:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ragincajun1919] [#46]

Looks great, I'd have no issues moving the Eotech up and mounting an aimpoint 3x. I did it once...

or on a 1.5

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Looks great, I'd have no issues moving the Eotech up and mounting an aimpoint 3x. I did it once...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/e1493876.jpg

or on a 1.5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/ea13b8a1.jpg

Nice, thanks for the picture references.  Did it not allow for BUIS or did you just find them unnecessary?  And the first pic looks like it's mounted in a LT-755 tall mount right?
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#48]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/e1493876.jpg

or on a 1.5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/punkrockpoet/ea13b8a1.jpg

Nice, thanks for the picture references.  Did it not allow for BUIS or did you just find them unnecessary?  And the first pic looks like it's mounted in a LT-755 tall mount right?

It allows for a BUIS I just don't often use them. Yes, that was the high mount for the 3x....if I dig back far enough I back even have a picture of my block II with 3x AND BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks, I have the parts so I'll throw it on and see how I like it.  Getting the feeling that I may need to save up even more for an SU-230 now.  You guys are killing me with your expensive toys!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks, I have the parts so I'll throw it on and see how I like it.  Getting the feeling that I may need to save up even more for an SU-230 now.  You guys are killing me with your expensive toys!

Ha! It's a never ending disease. Although my current projects are not block II m4a1s....
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top