User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 908
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
Which Elcan model is "the standard" issued scope?  I'm assuming it's the Specter DR 1-4 X, but I've seen pictures that make it look like there also could be some 1.5-6 X out there too.  (Or I'm seeing shadows instead of the hood on the objective end, but that's why I ask!)
View Quote
As far as special operations goes the Specter 1-4 is the standard Elcan, but there is also a 1.5- 6x version. As well as 7.62 NATO versions

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck you glitch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Again......fuck you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

because the brownell's name isn't clone correct (if you subtract the fact that we had 2 full cases of unopened brownell's magazines in our weapons conex on LNK)
View Quote
Rofl. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]
UMMMM Ok I was in Hawaii and bought a new house in Reno to get away from all this California bullshit, and now I see MILSPEC  IS BACK.  Am I seeing that right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:14:05 AM EDT
[#6]

is that kill flash thingy any good, i kinda wanna just get it for asthetics.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
As far as special operations goes the Specter 1-4 is the standard Elcan, but there is also a 1.5- 6x version. As well as 7.62 NATO versions

http://i.imgur.com/W5CXviJ.jpg
View Quote

probably been asked 1000 times but where do you guys get those UID stickers?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:

probably been asked 1000 times but where do you guys get those UID stickers?
View Quote

We used to get runs of them made, I've been gone a while tho so I'm not sure if there's any runs in the works. But you can get fake/gay airsoft labels on eBay too in the meantime.

What's up blacklight
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Getting affairs in order.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]

is that kill flash thingy any good, i kinda wanna just get it for asthetics.
View Quote
I ran one on mine a long time ago. They make the view through the sight noticeably darker. Didn't like that for low light stuff, so I shit-canned it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]

'Boudt time you showed up.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#13]

You win the internetz.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:

'Boudt time you showed up.
View Quote

This looks awesome. Is that the Coyote B5, or did you paint it? If you painted it, what did you use?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Figured I'd add to the thread....
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mrgunsngear:
http://i.imgur.com/tAlxND5l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kmUqPnMl.jpg

View Quote

Looks good.  Love the TA31ECOS, it just looks right on there.  I really need to pick one up for my Block II build.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 94ranger:

This looks awesome. Is that the Coyote B5, or did you paint it? If you painted it, what did you use?
View Quote

That's a regular Coyote B5.
I've got a few FDE LMT SOPMODs and find the Coyote B5 to be the closest.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#21]
love those fsp rails and acog/elcan combos. Anyone see fde m600 lights recently? They're getting hard to find without a big mark up
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By M1a_AllDay:
love those fsp rails and acog/elcan combos. Anyone see fde m600 lights recently? They're getting hard to find without a big mark up
View Quote

They're out of production
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:18:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M1a_AllDay] [#23]
Yes I'm aware. I haven't even seen them in the EE or on eBay either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Might want to check with Surefire to be sure, but I thought I heard they're bringing them back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Might want to check with Surefire to be sure, but I thought I heard they're bringing them back.
View Quote

Tell them to bring back the 951!

Ok maybe just the tailcap and the gunmetal grey body. I miss those things minus the output. They discontinued the 952v as well, making my favorite tailcap extinct as far as I know. Ain't nobody trying to have to buy 2 separate click button and take switch tailcaps
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:59:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slayer_75] [#26]
Some block II sightings in this video for those that give a shit...that, and its a good video. 'Beach Boys' getting after it back in 2010. 
https://youtu.be/WYAzh7J5ky8
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:10:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#27]
Originally Posted By slayer_75:
Some block II sightings in this video for those that give a shit...that, and its a good video. 'Beach Boys' getting after it back in 2010. 
https://youtu.be/WYAzh7J5ky8
View Quote

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYAzh7J5ky8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:20:47 AM EDT
[#28]
^Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#29]

First post in this thread, but I have been drooling over 600+ pages of Block II glory and decided to start putting one together late last summer. I got it back from ADCO a few weeks ago, and just finished painting it last night.

I fell in love with the FSP setup and went that direction for my build. Probably won't get a clone correct optic, as I am leaning towards a TA33. I need to get a light, sling, and then start saving up for a can .
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Offloading my wmx-200 ir-h fixed mount.

Pretty penny, pm me if you wants.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:
http://i64.tinypic.com/2431bft.jpg

First post in this thread, but I have been drooling over 600+ pages of Block II glory and decided to start putting one together late last summer. I got it back from ADCO a few weeks ago, and just finished painting it last night.

I fell in love with the FSP setup and went that direction for my build. Probably won't get a clone correct optic, as I am leaning towards a TA33. I need to get a light, sling, and then start saving up for a can .
View Quote

Acogs have been seen, although I don't know about the TA33.  How'd the pin/weld come out? Mine was pretty terrible, although they did refund the charges. Still got bagged for shipping and insurance though...
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Ok maybe just the tailcap and the gunmetal grey body. I miss those things minus the output. They discontinued the 952v as well, making my favorite tailcap extinct as far as I know. Ain't nobody trying to have to buy 2 separate click button and take switch tailcaps
View Quote

I've never seen a 951. But those 952v are everywhere! How do they compare to the m600? The tailcap looks a bit bulky and supposedly the weight is quite a bit higher.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Nice setup! How front heavy is it? Getting to mk12 levels of heaviness?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#35]
http://i.imgur.com/tAlxND5l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kmUqPnMl.jpg

View Quote

make video of your build homie
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Nice setup! How front heavy is it? Getting to mk12 levels of heaviness?
View Quote

It's not that bad without the suppressor and bipod, but with it, yeah I'd imagine it's getting close. I don't have a mk12 to compare.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you have video planned for that Block II or did I miss it already?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#38]
That thing is tits bro. Massive tits.

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Acogs have been seen, although I don't know about the TA33.  How'd the pin/weld come out? Mine was pretty terrible, although they did refund the charges. Still got bagged for shipping and insurance though...
View Quote

I don't think the weld was award winning but it will work. They got it back to me within a week. I sent it on a Thursday and it was back on my lower the next Thursday.

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:

I don't think the weld was award winning but it will work. They got it back to me within a week. I sent it on a Thursday and it was back on my lower the next Thursday.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2uzqpvo.jpg
View Quote

Yeah that's not bad, mine was worse. Quick turnaround time I'll give them that, just no attention to detail. I get it's a rifle and a tool, but doesn't mean it should look terrible.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

It's not that bad without the suppressor and bipod, but with it, yeah I'd imagine it's getting close. I don't have a mk12 to compare.
View Quote

I bet its about the same with the bipod and suppressor. The profile on that mk12 barrel is crazy heavy. And 18in. The bipod does make a difference all the way out front too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#42]

make video of your build homie
View Quote

Do you even know me????

Of course.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Do you even know me????

Of course.
View Quote

I know you still not about that 4 prong master race!! Subscriber here, your vids helped me build me first AR and I did it with some C clamps and an AR wrench in my barracks room.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#44]

I know you still not about that 4 prong master race!! Subscriber here, your vids helped me build me first AR and I did it with some C clamps and an AR wrench in my barracks room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Do you even know me????

Of course.

I think we're all subscribed to him. I actually just talked to him on his BCM SOPMOD vid comments the other day, he just didn't know it was me. Muhaha
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#45]

I've never seen a 951. But those 952v are everywhere! How do they compare to the m600? The tailcap looks a bit bulky and supposedly the weight is quite a bit higher.
View All Quotes

They're about even with the regular ol m600, except the 952V tailcap is superior IMO as its a 2 in one. I also don't think the regular 600 has I.R. capability like the vampire head does.

The M600U though, whoops all the above as far as white light output. I belive its 500 lumens. But yeah the 952v is definitely bulky compared to scout lights
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Giving the mk12 game a break for a bit, drinking the cool-aid and doing a block II clone, as my budget permits.

Starting to piece together the harder to find stuff. So far I've stumbled into:

New Fh556-rc
Used Fsp ris ii
Used Fde exps-3
Total spent on above: $750!!

And more common parts

Colt socom 14.5
Colt upper
Fde td stubby
B5 gen 2
No logo a2 lower, electro engraved to appear as colt m4a1 with qr sticky

Still missing:

Rear buis
Rail covers
Grip
Trigger
Bcg
Charging handle
Fsb
Wml

Not looking to put a laser on, just a light. Have too much dinero wrapped up in nfa penal system.

Couple questions.

1. Kac 600m Usmc rear ok or matech?
2. Not going wmx, similar alternatives?
3. STD ch, std with latch or gasbuster?
4. A2 pg or is ergo gtg?
5. G2S acceptable or mil spec only?

Lmk if I've strayed off the clone correct  path and give me a slight nudge back. Want to do it right the first time.

Thanks
JKRubi
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:20:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Literally all the options you asked are good to go lol. As far as the light, second most correct would be the incandescent M3X, but its 2017 so LED is understandable. Or any of the common surefire scouts. Inforce WML has also been seen
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:41:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Literally all the options you asked are good to go lol. As far as the light, second most correct would be the incandescent M3X, but its 2017 so LED is understandable. Or any of the common surefire scouts. Inforce WML has also been seen
View Quote

Holy chit, milspec has spoken lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#49]

They're about even with the regular ol m600, except the 952V tailcap is superior IMO as its a 2 in one. I also don't think the regular 600 has I.R. capability like the vampire head does.

The M600U though, whoops all the above as far as white light output. I belive its 500 lumens. But yeah the 952v is definitely bulky compared to scout lights
View Quote

I always wondered why the 952v wasn't used in place of the m600. Ir capability has got to be important one would think. Looks like I'll be holding out for an fde m600 then.

And those are some good finds at those prices Rubicon! My rail and 4p were that much
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#50]

I always wondered why the 952v wasn't used in place of the m600. Ir capability has got to be important one would think. Looks like I'll be holding out for an fde m600 then.

And those are some good finds at those prices Rubicon! My rail and 4p were that much
View All Quotes

The 952V is in widespread big army use, more of a conventional forces light.

And honestly the I.R. capability actually doesn't matter too much except for very "narrow" situations. When I had my PVS14 and my PEQ I found I would generally only use the PEQ's I.R. illuminator (heavy duty illum) or the (pretty weak illum) one built in to the PVS 14
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top