Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 913
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Block II upper coming from Brownells. So it begins.

The kid wanted a Spikes Snowflake lower, so it will be built on that. A bit unconventional and perhaps a bit blasphemous to the true clone devotees, but it's a fitting tribute to have the most bad-ass warfighting configuration on such a lower.

Some substitutions I plan on making are Magpul Pro sights with the LR rear in lieu of the KAC, a Surefire closed tine Warcomp perm'd at 14.5," an EXPS2-2, and a B5 Bravo instead of the bulky SOPMOD stock. The light will probably just be a G2X in a DD offset mount. It'll be as clonish as it gets to me. I thought of other grips to use, but they look wrong with anything but an A2.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Glitch
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Glitch x2
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cranky1:
sopmod block ll clone. 4 prong surefire flash hider,dd ris ii fde rail, colt 14.5 socom barrel, colt m4a1 marked lower, colt upper, colt bcg (with the white dot?), lmt sopmod stock, kac non usmc buis and eotech exps 3-0 red dot. pretty sure the ergo grip is not correct.

<a href="https://imgbb.com/"></a>https://image.ibb.co/bFT7VR/colt_sopmod.jpg

can someone help me with the damn photo
View Quote
Very nice, looks like my recent build.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 11:21:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#5]
There's an older NON-FSP RIS II with the lightening holes in the bottom rail for sale in the EE right now for $415 if anyone's interested. It's not mine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Warcomp finally on it's way, block 2 non fsp starting this next week
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up an ACOG.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By akrox:
Picked up an ACOG.

http://i.imgur.com/l3I3o16.jpg
View Quote
Nice! That's the first 1,000,000th special edition ACOG I've seen on the forum so far. Its pretty bad that I already have a perfectly good TA31 and want to pick one of these ones up too. Damn you Trijicon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 6:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#9]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Warcomp finally on it's way, block 2 non fsp starting this next week
View Quote
Noice! What other parts do you have gathered so far?

Picked up an ACOG.

View Quote

That thing is sick, man. I need one in my life.

ETA: Looks like they're on Amazon for $999. I'm tempted to order one. Trying to restrain myself at the moment.

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Nice! That's the first 1,000,000th special edition ACOG I've seen on the forum so far. Its pretty bad that I already have a perfectly good TA31 and want to pick one of these ones up too. Damn you Trijicon.
View Quote
That's the first one I've seen, period. It looks sweet and would look even better mounted to my upper. I was going to order another tan EXPS3-0 for the Block II, but now I'm not sure what I wanna do. Have to think about it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

View Quote
Everything, just gotta assemble
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 7:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sweet. Anything different or standout about this one or just a  traditional Block II?
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Picked up an ACOG.

View Quote
Nice job.  I like the gray furniture.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#13]
Originally Posted By Core:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Core:
Picked up an ACOG.

That's FDE furniture.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#14]
The lighting is funny in that picture.  Unless you know it's supposed to be FDE, it looks kind of like a tan-ish gray.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
The lighting is funny in that picture.  Unless you know it's supposed to be FDE, it looks kind of like a tan-ish gray.
View Quote
True.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 3:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#16]
ETA: Since there seems to be some confusion, this is not part of a Block II build. It's an upper I'm building to fulfill a very different requirement, and I'm seeking opinions on a rail that's very similar to the RIS RIS II.

You guys might know the answer to this question. I'm building an upper and need a 12-13" handguard. The only requirement is it has to be picatinny. No Keymod, M-LOK, etc.

Of course, the obvious choice is another RIS II, but a buddy has a 12" DDM4 rail laying in his parts bin and is willing to sell it to me for what I consider to be a cheap price. Lol. It's similar to the RIS II in length, but just a hair longer. Its also a bit narrower, a bit shorter, and about 5 ounces lighter than the RIS II.

I'm thinking about buying it and spraying it with the DD FDE mixture that ankratz came up with. I believe he calls it "anodized dark earth". Since I can do the work myself, he's generously offered to sell me some of his custom mix.

Anyone have any experience with this rail? I think it would be nice considering it's a bit smaller all around compared to the RIS and it would look great Cerakoted in DD FDE. Here's a pic of the rail and it's dimensions compared to the RIS's dimensions. Let me know what you think.

Link Posted: 12/24/2017 4:31:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#17]
There's an older NON-FSP RIS II with the lightening holes in the bottom rail for sale in the EE right now for $415 if anyone's interested. It's not mine.
View Quote
Just to add to this, it also has the production date of "03OCT08" marked on it. Thought I saw someone mention they were after these older rails with the dates marked on them. I've got his contact info if anyone's interested.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys might know the answer to this question. I'm building an upper and need a 12-13" handguard. The only requirement is it has to be picatinny. No Keymod, M-LOK, etc.

Of course, the obvious choice is another RIS II, but a buddy has a 12" DDM4 rail laying in his parts bin and is willing to sell it to me for what I consider to be a cheap price. Lol. It's similar to the RIS II in length, but just a hair longer. Its also a bit narrower, a bit shorter, and about 5 ounces lighter than the RIS II.

I'm thinking about buying it and spraying it with the DD FDE mixture that ankratz came up with. I believe he calls it "anodized dark earth". Since I can do the work myself, he's generously offered to sell me some of his custom mix.

Anyone have any experience with this rail? I think it would be nice considering it's a bit smaller all around compared to the RIS and it would look great Cerakoted in DD FDE. Here's a pic of the rail and it's dimensions compared to the RIS's dimensions. Let me know what you think.

https://s9.postimg.org/twowknakf/ddm4rail_12_r_1.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/jnwfeari7/20171224_134714.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/3pnpo6kfj/20171224_134637.jpg
View Quote
Why waste your time trying to get it to the clone correct color if your going to switch up the main part of the Block ii Rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
I have this rail on a rifle that I haven't run hard. Nearly 5k in training rounds on the host rifle in various climates. I've never dropped the rifle or otherwise used it to the point I would call it tested so to me the rail has worked fine thus far in that application.

I say it in this way because I have done a fair amount of research/reading on this rail. The following info is what I assess from others experience and through said research.

I show a 50/50 split of folks that say the rail has come loose from a drop test. Robski did a video that shows the rail rotate. Others have used blue loctite on the bolts on the rail and then didn't have any issues going forward. ( my opinion is that loctite should have been used in the first place).

Bottom line: If I were taking the rifle into combat I would select another rail unless I had time to see for myself, prove it out prior to and make sure it's good to go then I would get it based upon the ergonomics,  weight and quad pic rails.

Not sure this really helped but just trying to give some info.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Why waste your time trying to get it to the clone correct color if your going to switch up the main part of the Block ii Rifle.
View All Quotes

And why post in a clone thread when it isn't clone related?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 5:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#21]

View Quote
This upper isn't part of a Block II build. I already have a completed Block II rifle.

Like I said, I'm building an upper and one of the given requirements is a railed handguard, no longer than 12-13". The one I'm thinking of using is very similar to the RIS II and I knew someone in here had experience with it, so I posted asking for opinions. Spraying it DD FDE is just an attempt at personalizing it, not part of a clone attempt.

Originally Posted By 5pt56:

I have this rail on a rifle that I haven't run hard. Nearly 5k in training rounds on the host rifle in various climates. I've never dropped the rifle or otherwise used it to the point I would call it tested so to me the rail has worked fine thus far in that application.

I say it in this way because I have done a fair amount of research/reading on this rail. The following info is what I assess from others experience and through said research.

I show a 50/50 split of folks that say the rail has come loose from a drop test. Robski did a video that shows the rail rotate. Others have used blue loctite on the bolts on the rail and then didn't have any issues going forward. ( my opinion is that loctite should have been used in the first place).

Bottom line: If I were taking the rifle into combat I would select another rail unless I had time to see for myself, prove it out prior to and make sure it's good to go then I would get it based upon the ergonomics,  weight and quad pic rails.

Not sure this really helped but just trying to give some info.....
View Quote
@5pt56

That helps tremendously. After hearing what you have to say and knowing how this upper will be used, I'll probably end up taking a pass on it. Thanks for taking the time to reply with some constructive advice.

Originally Posted By McGoo:

And why post in a clone thread when it isn't clone related?
View Quote
@McGoo

Did you read my post? I already said why I was posting here, and that's because I knew at least one of the guys in here had experience with this particular rail and would know the answer to my question or have some opinions to add. See the post above yours which was very helpful and exactly what I was looking for.

BTW, I've already made numerous contributions to this thread that were dead on topic and I'm one of the few that's been trying to keep it going lately. You may have been doing the same, but I must have missed it. Sorry for interrupting this thread that's been receiving SO MUCH traffic lately.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 6:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#22]
@871JZ

I appreciate that you're trying to keep this thread alive!

Link Posted: 12/25/2017 6:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#23]
@871JZ

I appreciate that you're trying to keep this thread alive!

View Quote
Hell yeah! I love this thread.

It's not just me that's been doing that, but I do appreciate it. Been trying to post in here whenever I can to keep it from dying.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Hell yeah! I love this thread.

It's not just me that's been doing that, but I do appreciate it. Been trying to post in here whenever I can to keep it from dying.
View Quote
Let's keep the party going...

Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By byou79:

https://i.imgur.com/BlQLaqZ.jpg
View Quote
Out of curiosity, is that an M4 barrel or SOCOM barrel and having whichever it is would you keep it or change it to the opposite? I've heard alot of folks say they like the balance of the M4 barrel better but that the SOCOM does better with sustained fire....

I think I'm going to go "clone" spec but may veer off on another clone(ish) build.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Block II on the left.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Out of curiosity, is that an M4 barrel or SOCOM barrel and having whichever it is would you keep it or change it to the opposite? I've heard alot of folks say they like the balance of the M4 barrel better but that the SOCOM does better with sustained fire....

I think I'm going to go "clone" spec but may veer off on another clone(ish) build.
View Quote
It’s a SOCOM barrel. Do it. Stop overthinking it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Excellent advice, lol. Thanks! Done!
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By prskiller:
Block II on the left.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356129/IMG_4239-401414.JPG
View Quote
Best Christmas tree ever!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

Just so you know. If you want to be "clone correct", a regular M4 barrel is what you want on a non FSP upper, not SOCOM.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Just so you know. If you want to be "clone correct", a regular M4 barrel is what you want on a non FSP upper, not SOCOM.
View Quote
Yeah, I did note that and got confirmation from you last time we talked about it. My problem is I somehow have a surplus of SOCOM barrels and no 14.5 M4 barrels.

So I either assemble with the socom for now or keep waiting....lol.

Thanks again tho!
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:09:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#32]

https://i.imgur.com/BlQLaqZ.jpg
View Quote
@byou79

Nice. Why the allen head screws in the rail over the factory slotted screws?

Originally Posted By prskiller:
Block II on the left.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356129/IMG_4239-401414.JPG
View Quote
Merry Christmas!

View Quote
This. I love my 14.5" SOCOM barrels. Just run the SOCOM until you can grab an M4 profile. You might even end up wanting to keep the SOCOM on it. If you have someone that's good at muzzle device work, unpinning/repinning the flash hider isn't a big deal if you were to swap barrels.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#33]
@871JZ

I typically have ADCO do my pin/weld but haven't had anything "un-done" yet. Not related to ADCO but I've heard others say that you need to expect the FH to be toast if you're removing it from being p&w but that doesn't seem to be the case from what you're saying, correct?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I did note that and got confirmation from you last time we talked about it. My problem is I somehow have a surplus of SOCOM barrels and no 14.5 M4 barrels.

Thanks again tho!
View All Quotes

Thanks again tho!
Bottom line is put whatever you want on your rifle, just as long as you know it's not clone.

You could always trade your SOCOM barrel for a non SOCOM barrel. Actual use wise alone I would go with the lightest option possible myself, it's 5 oz lighter.

Warning! Not clone content ahead.  This was an M4 barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Bottom line is put whatever you want on your rifle, just as long as you know it's not clone.

You could always trade your SOCOM barrel for a non SOCOM barrel. Actual use wise alone I would go with the lightest option possible myself, it's 5 oz lighter.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/_20171226_103958-401815.JPG
View Quote
"Was" an M4 barrel that you reprofiled to a LW barrel? Looks that way from the pic...

And I want to be clone correct for the initial builds and then have one that is "clone close" that I run hard and put more rounds through. You could say my clones will get passed down and remain part of "the collection" as part of our military history. Not to say they won't get shot.

I'd love to trade if you know someone that knows someone....lol. I can't seem to find anyone that wants to trade just yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#36]
"Was" an M4 barrel that you reprofiled to a LW barrel? Looks that way from the pic...

And I want to be clone correct for the initial builds and then have one that is "clone close" that I run hard and put more rounds through. You could say my clones will get passed down and remain part of "the collection" as part of our military history. Not to say they won't get shot.

I'd love to trade if you know someone that knows someone....lol. I can't seem to find anyone that wants to trade just yet.
View All Quotes

Yeah, it's over 1/2 lb lighter than the SOCOM barrel.

Maybe 14.5" M4 barrels are getting harder to find since the Army switched to the SOCOM barrel. It just seems that there would be people willing to do that trade.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 1:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#37]
@871JZ

I typically have ADCO do my pin/weld but haven't had anything "un-done" yet. Not related to ADCO but I've heard others say that you need to expect the FH to be toast if you're removing it from being p&w but that doesn't seem to be the case from what you're saying, correct?
View Quote
In some cases, the device is trashed after removal. In others, it's just fine. I've removed at least two that I can remember that were just fine and I was able to reinstall the device and pin/weld it a second time. Depending on how hard the original pin and weld is, the weld can be drilled through, the pin removed, and then the device spun off.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 1:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#38]

Maybe 14.5" M4 barrels are getting harder to find since the Army switched to the SOCOM barrel. It just seems that there would be people willing to do that trade.
View All Quotes

I would agree. If you post a WTB ad in the EE, I'd bet there's plenty of guys willing to trade an M4 profile barrel for a SOCOM. Just make sure their barrel was originally a 14.5" and not a cut-down 16" if you wanna stay 100% correct.

In fact, I just did this a few weeks ago. Traded a guy a near new 14.5" BCM gov't profile for his near new 14.5" SOCOM. I think I made out since the SOCOM barrels seem to be bringing good money lately.

I really like my SOCOM barreled Block II upper, but I bet it would handle really nicely with an M4 or even lighter profile barrel. It's amazing the difference five or so ounces can make. When I built my NON FSP Upper, I wasn't aware at the time that I should've been using an M4 barrel, so it wears a SOCOM. I'm leaving it that way for now. Might swap it out later on down the road, but for now I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#39]
See below links, I used code NAJ and got 10% off + free shipping for entire order from brownells. Total is $1152, then do price match for budsgunshop on the charging handle and stock, with shipping came out to be $97. Total ~ $1250 for a pretty high quality rifle with high quality backup iron sights.

How did I do?

Colt complete Lower

DD M4A1 SOCOM BLOCK II 5.56 STRIPPED UPPER RECEIVER

Magpul MBUS Pro set

Crush washer

A2 Birdcage

BCM BCG

Magpul K2+ grip

BCM charging handle

B5 Bravo stock
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By heavygunner8:
See below links, I used code NAJ and got 10% off + free shipping for entire order from brownells. Total is $1152, then do price match for budsgunshop on the charging handle and stock, with shipping came out to be $97. Total ~ $1250 for a pretty high quality rifle with high quality backup iron sights.

How did I do?

Colt complete Lower

Magpul MBUS Pro set

Crush washer

A2 Birdcage

BCM BCG

Magpul K2+ grip

BCM charging handle

B5 Bravo stock
View Quote
Pretty good. I'm sure you're aware but some of the items aren't "spec " per say as an FYI. (Not trying to be that guy just wanted to make sure you knew)

Also I picked up one of the Brownells Colt lowers.....hopefully you read some of the reviews so you're aware of some of  the missing "o" and front or back of the "l" on the Colt rollmark. I just don't want you to be surprised when you get it.

After comparing my LE serial numbered lower, they are significantly better than the brownells CR serial numbered lowers from a clean rollmark perspective. I kept mine for my block I I'm going to bang around anyhow so it wasn't a big deal after I accepted it was different. Lol
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Pretty good. I'm sure you're aware but some of the items aren't "spec " per say as an FYI. (Not trying to be that guy just wanted to make sure you knew)

Also I picked up one of the Brownells Colt lowers.....hopefully you read some of the reviews so you're aware of some of  the missing "o" and front or back of the "l" on the Colt rollmark. I just don't want you to be surprised when you get it.

After comparing my LE serial numbered lower, they are significantly better than the brownells CR serial numbered lowers from a clean rollmark perspective. I kept mine for my block I I'm going to bang around anyhow so it wasn't a big deal after I accepted it was different. Lol
View Quote
By spec, do you mean "M4A1 clone"? I wasn't really aiming for it, but yea I know this one is 16 inch and midlength instead of 14.5 carbine.

I know about the cosmetic issue, unfortunate, but I still prefer the colt lowers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 4:03:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#42]

By spec, do you mean "M4A1 clone"? I wasn't really aiming for it, but yea I know this one is 16 inch and midlength instead of 14.5 carbine.

I know about the cosmetic issue, unfortunate, but I still prefer the colt lowers.
View Quote
Yes, sorry, I should have specified M4A1 clone. At least with yours you won't have to sink more $ into a pin/weld job.

I agree with you on the Colt lowers!

I looked over your list again and sounds like it'll be a good shooter! Can't believe the low prices for the base upper on Brownells either,  non-fsp and fsp versions.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Yes, sorry, I should have specified M4A1 clone. At least with yours you won't have to sink more $ into a pin/weld job.

I agree with you on the Colt lowers!

I looked over your list again and sounds like it'll be a good shooter! Can't believe the prices for the base upper on Brownells either,  non-fsp and fsp versions.
View Quote
Do you mean their prices are low? But yea, I prefer a midlength gas system regardless, with the H buffer that comes with the Colt lower, it's a pretty good match. I might upgrade this rifle's buffer system to the A5 at a later date.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Do you mean their prices are low? But yea, I prefer a midlength gas system regardless, with the H buffer that comes with the Colt lower, it's a pretty good match. I might upgrade this rifle's buffer system to the A5 at a later date.
View Quote
Yes, low prices. Edited it in my original post.  I really like the A5 buffer system I have in my rifle. Smooth and soft shooting for sure. Well that with the mid length gas system.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#45]

How did I do?

Colt complete Lower

Magpul MBUS Pro set

Crush washer

A2 Birdcage

BCM BCG

Magpul K2+ grip

BCM charging handle

B5 Bravo stock
View Quote
It'll be a nice build. Like you said, not 100% clone correct, but still very nice. Any plans for an optic?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#46]

It'll be a nice build. Like you said, not 100% clone correct, but still very nice. Any plans for an optic?
View Quote
Hi. Thank you. And yes, I got a Trijicon MRO Patrol with the 1/3 cowitness cantilever mount for it. I also bought a Geissele SD-3G trigger as well as Vltor A5 Buffer system. The Vltor will have to wait, as no one has them in stock at the moment, I backordered with brownells.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
I've heard that there were M4 barrels, what's to say there hasn't been non fsb SOCOM barrels on these uppers? Does that mean all FSB uppers are m4 profile as well?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I've heard that there were M4 barrels, what's to say there hasn't been non fsb SOCOM barrels on these uppers? Does that mean all FSB uppers are m4 profile as well?
View All Quotes

There may be/may have been Block II non FSP URGs with SOCOM barrels. I just haven't seen any evidence of this at all. The Block II FSP URGs have had regular M4 barrels and SOCOM barrels.

The question is should you clone what might be?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#49]
There may be/may have been Block II non FSP URGs with SOCOM barrels. I just haven't seen any evidence of this at all. The Block II FSP URGs have had regular M4 barrels and SOCOM barrels.

View All Quotes

Aaron, you could go off of which of the two barrel profile you prefer.....I'm sure some armorer somewhere has swapped the two.

But if I had to pick a recommendation, i'd say stick to spec, followed by pick which barrel profile you prefer. At the end of the day they are still the two correct Block II barrels for the 14.5 URG's
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

https://i.imgur.com/as6KNdh.jpg

Aaron, you could go off of which of the two barrel profile you prefer.....I'm sure some armorer somewhere has swapped the two.

But if I had to pick a recommendation, i'd say stick to spec, followed by pick which barrel profile you prefer. At the end of the day they are still the two correct Block II barrels for the 14.5 URG's
View Quote
Correct, for M4A1 14.5" RIS II with FSB both barrel contours are correct.  On NON FSB, those however 99% are Govt profile however.  All spare complete uppers non FSB from Crane use the Govt profile.  Those that have the SOCOM FSB bbls are ones the unit armorers install as those barrels were already on the guns.

M4A1 URG/CQBRs 10.3" using the Mk18 RIS II those all used to be cut down Colt Govt profile from Crane.  We just started getting FN SOCOM 10.3" bbls set up from the factory.  I haven't installed any yet however.

CD
Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top