BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 911
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup I got canceled too, but they didn't charge me yet so I kinda figured it was coming
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
Same. Now where to source Okay mags from here on out?....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Lesson learned just say no to Bitchtach.
Same. Now where to source Okay mags from here on out?....
44mag.com
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Bitch glitch.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#4]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

44mag.com
View Quote
44mag.com went/are going out of business
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Gun Mag Warehouse sells Okay mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys should check the last page of the Mk18 thread. Krdt just found some interesting info on AU *cough* Botach.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

44mag.com
WHAT!!? They're my go-to for 20 round Okay mags as excellent prices.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Freaking Shark Arms.  Taking all my money.

Two Colt SOCOM profile barrels and two KAC 600m USMC back up sights are on the way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Warcomp FH is finally on the way. Hope it's worth the coin
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
FN now making ambi safeties.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
That would be worth it without the upper reciever markings and having to cut the barrel down.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

That would be worth it without the upper reciever markings and having to cut the barrel down.
View Quote
I bought this, sold the barrel and other ancillary parts and kept the hand guard. Had a colt SOCOM barrel already on hand so it worked out.

Outside of my better judgement, however, I did spend $300 on a Surefire 4 prong on eBay. Getting it pinned and welded now.. I don't want to have to go through the SBR process.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]
SBR form 1 came back for the CQBR. SOPMOD family is coming along. Still liking the vortex razor on the block ii.

Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#16]
^^^^^^^
Nice Stable
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:26:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got an in stock alert from DD on the RIS II, went to look and still shows out of stock
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:51:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#18]
Originally Posted By simplefolk:
^^^^^^^
Nice Stable
View Quote
Thanks man.

Every gun kinda has its role. I like CQBR for a handy suppressed home defense gun. I like the block 1 for when I need to carry a rifle all day. And the block ii just does everything great, albeit heavy.

Now I need a MK12 mod 1 and a MK18 mod 0. But first I need a Surefire suppressor, the block 1 barrel cut to 14.5, and Surefire muzzle devices for all. It never ends
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

Thanks man.

Every gun kinda has its role. I like CQBR for a handy suppressed home defense gun. I like the block 1 for when I need to carry a rifle all day. And the block ii just does everything great, albeit heavy.

Now I need a MK12 mod 1 and a MK18 mod 0. But first I need a Surefire suppressor, the block 1 barrel cut to 14.5, and Surefire muzzle devices for all. It never ends
View Quote
I hear you! I finished a block 1, I've got some parts compiled for two block 2's (one w/ FSP and one w/out), a MK12 and 18 as well.

We need to get on it!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Outside of the older m95X lights I don't know my Surefire models all too well. Anyone know the exact model of this one? Some m600 scout thing?

Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Got it out and put a few mags through it. Ran really smooth and I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Inspection day...........

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Akin:
Freaking Shark Arms.  Taking all my money.

Two Colt SOCOM profile barrels and two KAC 600m USMC back up sights are on the way.
View Quote
I recall a few years back that the USMC marked sights were all considered to be stolen. Was that all bullshit fake news?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:47:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#25]
Out freaking standing CD....

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 11:45:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#26]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By conservakid:
Outside of the older m95X lights I don't know my Surefire models all too well. Anyone know the exact model of this one? Some m600 scout thing?

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7816/47444564171_374ec00892_k.jpg
View Quote
Yup, M600 Scout.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Which magnifier is that?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I scrolled through the thread as much as I could and didn’t come across any Block II’s with a B E Meyers MAWL. Anyone know of any pics with one, or did I just answer my own question.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By schaffer:

Which magnifier is that?
View Quote
Looks like a SAMSON RAM
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By runguns:
I scrolled through the thread as much as I could and didn’t come across any Block II’s with a B E Meyers MAWL. Anyone know of any pics with one, or did I just answer my own question.
View Quote
You won't find one. They aren't issued.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By themissinglink:
Looks like a SAMSON RAM
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By themissinglink:
Originally Posted By schaffer:

Which magnifier is that?
Looks like a SAMSON RAM
Vortex
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Greetings - can I get some guidance on cans from the hive? I've been running AAC and TBAC cans and need to get clone correct. I see from the front page that the following are accurate:

Flash Hider:
KAC NT4
Surefire 4P

Suppressors:
KAC NT4
Surefire SOCOM RC

Which setup are folks running and is one preferred over the other?

Thanks Hive.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 2:05:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#34]
Originally Posted By simplefolk:
Greetings - can I get some guidance on cans from the hive? I've been running AAC and TBAC cans and need to get clone correct. I see from the front page that the following are accurate:

Flash Hider:
KAC NT4
Surefire 4P

Suppressors:
KAC NT4
Surefire SOCOM RC

Which setup are folks running and is one preferred over the other?

Thanks Hive.
View Quote
Depends on what era/who you want to clone.  Special Forces used the KAC NT4 on block 1/1.5s and got the Surefires with the block 2s.  MARSOC still runs KAC NT4 on their block 2s.  Also what you can afford and find.

CD
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Gathering my parts up to be assembled soon, I have a NOS "F" marked FN upper receiver (and BCG) sitting here, and also a used "C" marked Colt.

Any reason not to use the FN?

I'm using a Colt 13629 marked SOCOM barrel.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Gathering my parts up to be assembled soon, I have a NOS "F" marked FN upper receiver (and BCG) sitting here, and also a used "C" marked Colt.

View Quote
Doesn't matter one bit. I would prob use the colt just to match barrel/receiver manufacturer
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#37]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Doesn't matter one bit. I would prob use the colt just to match barrel/receiver manufacturer
View All Quotes

I'm in a bit a a parts pinch is the reason I asked.

I have most of the stuff for an FBI SWAT clone, and the FN upper wouldn't be correct for that. (Not that it will be 100% correct anyway.)

If I use the FN on the Block II, that leaves the Colt for The FBI build. I could always buy another Colt upper, but that still leaves an FN upper sitting here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#38]

I have most of the stuff for an FBI SWAT clone, and the FN upper wouldn't be correct for that. (Not that it will be 100% correct anyway.)

If I use the FN on the Block II, that leaves the Colt for The FBI build. I could always buy another Colt upper, but that still leaves an FN upper sitting here.
View All Quotes

Use the FN for this then. Many a FN upper are in use on block 2s (from being rebuilt by armorers with replacement FN uppers)
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Use the FN for this then. Many a FN upper are in use on block 2s (from being rebuilt by armorers with replacement FN uppers)
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info.

I've been waiting on PSA's M4A1 lowers so that I could test fit and choose between the two, but I'm getting tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the info.

I've been waiting on PSA's M4A1 lowers so that I could test fit and choose between the two, but I'm getting tired of waiting.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info.

Well throw that sucker together already. Don't need to stinkin' test fits.

They're both machined to the same specs so shouldn't be much of a difference. Not enough to worry about anyways. True MIL-SPEC vs true MIL-SPEC.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#41]
My Block II is now all Colt.  Swapped the Aero upper receiver out for a stamped C key hole forge upper.

Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:46:31 AM EDT
[#42]
That CH though...and I would love to see a CQD rear sling mount.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Rebuilding two shot out barrels.  Top just rebuilt and now to tear down bottom one.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Here is my *mostly* completed Block II:

I can post better picks (in the wild) tomorrow. Sorry for all the dog hair on my bath tub :-)

Btw--Does anyone know the difference between the SU-230 and the SU-269? I'm a heathen and wanted an Elcan with a .mil reticle but also in black. Not a huge fan of the taupe one tbh and I got this SU-269 at a steal of a price. As far as I can tell there really is no difference between it and the SU-230 and I've even called Elcan to see what the difference is but they haven't gotten back to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:59:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#45]
Originally Posted By TheBlackLabrador:

https://imgur.com/9vYZnLV
https://imgur.com/yXkjZaf

I can post better picks (in the wild) tomorrow. Sorry for all the dog hair on my bath tub :-)

Btw--Does anyone know the difference between the SU-230 and the SU-269? I'm a heathen and wanted an Elcan with a .mil reticle but also in black. Not a huge fan of the taupe one tbh and I got this SU-269 at a steal of a price. As far as I can tell there really is no difference between it and the SU-230 and I've even called Elcan to see what the difference is but they haven't gotten back to me.
View Quote
Pics not working.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Pics not working.
View Quote
Oh shit, my bad. Maybe these will work:

Link Posted: 3/29/2019 2:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#47]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 3:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#48]
Originally Posted By TheBlackLabrador:

https://imgur.com/9vYZnLV
https://imgur.com/yXkjZaf

View Quote
Reticle is different.

Markings are different.

It's black.

It's not the same optic.  That's pretty much it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Heads up....
NIP KAC USMC marked rear BUIS in stock at SAC.
View Quote
Thx for the tip
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Reticle is different.

Markings are different.

It's black.

It's not the same optic.  That's pretty much it.
View Quote
Heh, I hear ya. Raytheon's website doesn't provide too much information on the differences between the optics. They list them as exactly the same, and the SU-269 is a 5.56 etch marked, military optic. I'm just wondering who exactly uses the SU-269.

Either way, I got a good deal on it and it's close enough for me. I can't see too much of a difference in the reticles and at least it's not the civilian version.
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top