Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Glitch
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Glitch
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echo2-7] [#4]
Looking to Form 1 one of my Colt lowers next.

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Yeah I'd say sort of makes me want to do a 14.5 clone of it. ETA: notice the tied on cleaning rod?
View Quote
Yeah it definitely stands out lol. Never seen that before on a M4/AR. Gives the rifle a utilitarian type signature.., I can dig it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally got the M4 upper rebuilt.  I just threw the bird cage FH back on it for now until I decide what I'm going to do about the whole 4 prong/3 prong/warcomp thing.

Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:

Yeah it definitely stands out lol. Never seen that before on a M4/AR. Gives the rifle a utilitarian type signature.., I can dig it.
View Quote
Makes me wonder if the rifle has issues with brass getting stuck in the chamber and this is used to push it out? Either that or they are issued some seriously crappy dirty ammo and it needs to be cleaned every magazine change LOL.

I noticed that but was distracted by the mail box RDS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I just came across these photos on the Army DVIDS site, apparently from the 2016 Best Warrior Competition at Fort A. P. Hill (with original captions included below).

Attachment Attached File

U.S. Army Spc. Alan Ibarralepe, assigned to U.S. Army Forces Command, demonstrates his marksmanship capabilities by zeroing and grouping his M4 carbine during the U.S. Army 2016 Best Warrior Competition (BWC) at Fort A.P. Hill, Va., Sept. 26, 2016. The BWC is an annual week long event that will test 20 individuals on their physical and mental capabilities. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Michel'le Stokes).

Attachment Attached File

U.S. Army 2016 Best Warrior Competition participant demonstrates his marksmanship capabilities by zeroing and grouping his M4 carbine during the U.S. Army 2016 Best Warrior Competition (BWC) at Fort A.P. Hill, Va., Sept. 26, 2016. The BWC is an annual week long event that will test 20 individuals on their physical and mental capabilities. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Michel'le Stokes).

Attachment Attached File

U.S. Army 2016 Best Warrior Competition participants demonstrate their marksmanship capabilities by zeroing and grouping their M4 carbine during the U.S. Army 2016 Best Warrior Competition (BWC) at Fort A.P. Hill, Va., Sept. 26, 2016. The BWC is an annual week long event that will test 20 individuals on their physical and mental capabilities. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Michel'le Stokes).

I thought it was interesting that they were using rifles with FSP rails in a competition like this. I’m curious about who was tasked to provide the rifles for the event (USASOC, AMU, etc.). That may explain why they’re using them. Anyway, if anyone’s trying to save money by holding off on adding an optic, there’s your clone opportunity!
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
URGI and all, but the setup is interesting. Razor 1-6, Magpul D60, streamlight protac

Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
URGI and all, but the setup is interesting. Razor 1-6, Magpul D60, streamlight protac

https://i.imgur.com/S2wTm7q.jpg
View Quote
That looks heavy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

That looks heavy.
View Quote
Any gun will get heavy when setup to preform in all those environments ie day, night, indoors to long range.  I did shoot that gun on a very dark night outside hitting my targets.

CD
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Any gun will get heavy when setup to preform in all those environments ie day, night, indoors to long range.  I did shoot that gun on a very dark night outside hitting my targets.

CD
View Quote
Didn’t know that you posted that to the urgi thread. I saw it on Instagram. Internet moves quick
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey CD, I’ve got a question on suppressor mounts: How often do you throw on a Surefire muzzle break or the closed-tine flash hider on guy’s rifles if they request it?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
Hey CD, I’ve got a question on suppressor mounts: How often do you throw on a Surefire muzzle break or the closed-tine flash hider on guy’s rifles if they request it?
View Quote
While the SF4P is standard for a Blk II, but if they have an attachment with a standard M4 and are going to be issued a SF can then I'll add a SF4P for the deployment and return the A2 FH when they leave (have to return it that way).  Never had someone wanting a closed tine FH on issue gun.

CD
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

Didn’t know that you posted that to the urgi thread. I saw it on Instagram. Internet moves quick
View Quote
Like I said it was a dark night.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#16]
While the SF4P is standard for a Blk II, but if they have an attachment with a standard M4 and are going to be issued a SF can then I'll add a SF4P for the deployment and return the A2 FH when they leave (have to return it that way).  Never had someone wanting a closed tine FH on issue gun.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CD
Thank you sir. Looks like I’d have to build a USAF Blk II clone if I wanna lose the tuning fork🤷‍♂️👍
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I just came across these photos on the Army DVIDS site, apparently from the 2016 Best Warrior Competition at Fort A. P. Hill

I thought it was interesting that they were using rifles with FSP rails in a competition like this. I’m curious about who was tasked to provide the rifles for the event (USASOC, AMU, etc.). That may explain why they’re using them. Anyway, if anyone’s trying to save money by holding off on adding an optic, there’s your clone opportunity!
View Quote
I'm going to take an educated guess that those are AWG rifles set up with the carry handle specifically for that competition.  It does look pretty funny, but kind of cool.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Thank you sir. Looks like I’d have to build a USAF Blk II clone if I wanna lose the tuning fork🤷‍♂️👍
View Quote
If you’re not running a can you can get a 249F for the 4 prong look and better flash hiding to boot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Is that the A2 grip from Charlie's?
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:

View Quote
stay away from charlies, they rip people off.

it's likely a KAC taupe grip. you can find them at various websites.

Link
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt_Chad] [#22]
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:

View Quote
It is actually from Cavalry Manufacturing. The color is Dark Earth and it was a whopping $10. I think I remember seeing somewhere that it is an exact match for KAC Taupe,  but don't quote me on that.

https://www.cavmfg.com/C9-A2-Style-Pistol-Grip-C9.htm
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay need a little help.  I know I saw a technical drawing of the rollmarks for the various M4 types on one of these pages but I'll be damned if I can find it again.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Specifically the M4A1 diagram.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Siam4a1:

If you’re not running a can you can get a 249F for the 4 prong look and better flash hiding to boot.
View Quote
Thank God for the 249... I only have Silencerco Cans, and was having a serious clone correct OCD(or CCOCD as I like to call it) breakdown trying to decide wether to go full clone correct or fudge a little to run my Can.  The ASR three prong isn’t  even close but after a little google-fu I found  the B.E.Meyers 249 ASR.  It is a 4 prong and gives the length needed to pass 16”, but still absolutely not, even in the wildest of wilds, is it CC.
It’s the main “liberty” I took on my build because the ability run my can trumps my CCOCD....I am poor people, and there is  a LOT of gear(nods especially)in line ahead of a SF can.
Most pressing need is a better mount for my M620... what is out there to bring it up and in a little? Lots of options for the 600 but the 620 has the longer bolt pattern ala 951 etc.  Im not a fan the M93 Mount. WAY too bulky.. I’m almost ready to swap it for a #17 if all else fails.

Link Posted: 8/15/2019 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Mygrainman:

Thank God for the 249... I only have Silencerco Cans, and was having a serious clone correct OCD(or CCOCD as I like to call it) breakdown trying to decide wether to go full clone correct or fudge a little to run my Can.  The ASR three prong isn’t  even closehttps://i.postimg.cc/QVmyhjYV/F1-D20651-F1-ED-4-AD0-BF19-A9848491807-E.jpg but after a little google-fu I found  the B.E.Meyers 249 ASR.  https://i.postimg.cc/RJRMM26K/1-AB8-C4-F1-BFF5-4644-92-FF-5106-A0-ACBD5-E.jpgIt is a 4 prong and gives the length needed to pass 16”, but still absolutely not, even in the wildest of wilds, is it CC.
It’s the main “liberty” I took on my build because the ability run my can trumps my CCOCD....I am poor people, and there is  a LOT of gear(nods especially)in line ahead of a SF can.
Most pressing need is a better mount for my M620... what is out there to bring it up and in a little? Lots of options for the 600 but the 620 has the longer bolt pattern ala 951 etc.  Im not a fan the M93 Mount. WAY too bulky.. I’m almost ready to swap it for a #17 if all else fails.

https://i.postimg.cc/RCRQdptP/7-A61-E3-C6-892-A-47-AA-9461-9-D1-E7-E1-EE1-F0.jpg
View Quote
I have mine mounted on a RM45L Sure fire had them recently for $29.  Not sure if they will be back in stock, or if they are discontinued.  Pic of my FSP for reference.  I think I posted this pic already.  Arisaka also has a picmount with adapter for the larger mountng pattern.

Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank God for the 249... I only have Silencerco Cans, and was having a serious clone correct OCD(or CCOCD as I like to call it) breakdown trying to decide wether to go full clone correct or fudge a little to run my Can.  The ASR three prong isn’t  even closehttps://i.postimg.cc/QVmyhjYV/F1-D20651-F1-ED-4-AD0-BF19-A9848491807-E.jpg but after a little google-fu I found  the B.E.Meyers 249 ASR.  https://i.postimg.cc/RJRMM26K/1-AB8-C4-F1-BFF5-4644-92-FF-5106-A0-ACBD5-E.jpgIt is a 4 prong and gives the length needed to pass 16”, but still absolutely not, even in the wildest of wilds, is it CC.

https://i.postimg.cc/RCRQdptP/7-A61-E3-C6-892-A-47-AA-9461-9-D1-E7-E1-EE1-F0.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Siam4a1:

Don’t feel bad, I’m taking the same liberty on my gun. The only way I’m ever buying a SF can is if they go on sale for stupid cheap, or if they’re taken off of the NFA, neither of which are happening.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

I have mine mounted on a RM45L Sure fire had them recently for $29.  Not sure if they will be back in stock, or if they are discontinued.  Pic of my FSP for reference.  I think I posted this pic already.  Arisaka also has a picmount with adapter for the larger mountng pattern.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47998079728_d1497eff45_b.jpg
View Quote
That’s exactly what I want... but can’t seem to find one at a reasonable price. if anybody has one(RM45L tan), hit me up!
I’ll give you 37 cents and a bent paper clip for it
J/K I’m sure I have something of value to trade in my bag-o-trix.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I tried looking back in the previous hundreds of pages and gave up looking, but is it correct that the 75th rangers used t1’s on a FSP build?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Real_Payne:
I tried looking back in the previous hundreds of pages and gave up looking, but is it correct that the 75th rangers used t1’s on a FSP build?
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:12:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#30]
View Quote
I’ve seen pictures of AWG with that combo, T1 and FSP RIS 2.  I have only seen Rangers running the  non-fsp RIS 2.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Been blasting away with the short guns almost forgot to give the 14.5 some love.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mygrainman] [#32]
Here’s a pic with the BE Meyers ASR 4 prong...  in case anybody else has SiCo cans and is considering going this route.
By no means is it clone correct, but no doubt it looks waaay better than the SiCo three prong..
Still pretty spendy and think discontinued, but can be found for less than half of what a SF costs.. I found mine for $100 in EE
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#33]
So what is the threaded hole for on the top of the RIS II?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 1:22:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Not that I know, but my guess would be a mount like the PEQ-2 low profile mount that screws into existing threads.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mb121:
I’ve seen pictures of AWG with that combo, T1 and FSP RIS 2.  I have only seen Rangers running the  non-fsp RIS 2.
View All Quotes
Correct my bro is with the AWG and he was running the T1 and FSP for years.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#36]

CD
View Quote
I think he means overall. The D60 itself adds a tremendous amount of weight to that setup. A fully loaded D60 is over 44oz (2.8lbs) where as a fully loaded 30 round PMAG/USGI is 17oz (1.1lb). While the D60 is a nice way to say "F you" to the government and any magazine capacity bans, it's not really realistic to tote around. I have only one and yes it is fully loaded but it sits in the garage in a case.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jonm78:

I think he means overall. The D60 itself adds a tremendous amount of weight to that setup. A fully loaded D60 is over 44oz (2.8lbs) where as a fully loaded 30 round PMAG/USGI is 17oz (1.1lb). While the D60 is a nice way to say "F you" to the government and any magazine capacity bans, it's not really realistic to tote around. I have only one and yes it is fully loaded but it sits in the garage in a case.
View Quote
I agree its heavy.  Just depends on your needs.  These guys using them move by armored vehicles then dismount.

CD
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#38]
Originally Posted By PirateEC:
I'm going to take an educated guess that those are AWG rifles set up with the carry handle specifically for that competition.  It does look pretty funny, but kind of cool.
View Quote
View Quote
Good to know, thanks, guys. Last I heard, AWG was using 416s, but that was like a decade ago.

Originally Posted By jonm78:
While the D60 is a nice way to say "F you" to the government and any magazine capacity bans, it's not really realistic to tote around.
View Quote
As CD said, it’s all about what your mission requirements are, and I’ll add that it also depends on what you’re conditioned for. For comparison, a rifle with a D60 would be a lot more comfortable to carry than a SAW, and it would be a good asset to have in a counter-ambush situation. But if your mission is home / self defense, it may not be as practical. I just wouldn’t say that it’s not “realistic.”
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/825B2A48-5386-4D60-93BE-2018D1A319A3_jpeg-1057298.JPG
View Quote
Leaf sight
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
Leaf sight
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/825B2A48-5386-4D60-93BE-2018D1A319A3_jpeg-1057298.JPG
Leaf sight
That’s fascinating.  I’ve always wondered about that threaded hole - my KAC M4 and M5 (M16A4) rails have them as well.  Got picture or part numbers or something?
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 5:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#41]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
That's fascinating.  I've always wondered about that threaded hole - my KAC M4 and M5 (M16A4) rails have them as well.  Got picture or part numbers or something?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

Leaf sight
That's fascinating.  I've always wondered about that threaded hole - my KAC M4 and M5 (M16A4) rails have them as well.  Got picture or part numbers or something?
NSN-1010-01-418-4588

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 7:56:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#42]
Good to know, thanks, guys. Last I heard, AWG was using 416s, but that was like a decade ago.  
View Quote
Good memory....they turned them in April 08 because the BIG Army did not want the M4 to look bad.

They ran T1s and RIS II FSPs up until about 2 years ago when the switched to T2s and non FSP.

Eta...they have pretty wide latitude wrt to optic choices.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#43]
NSN-1010-01-418-4588

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137230/SOPMOD_2-2005_jpg-1057935.JPG
View Quote
Thanks!  That makes perfect sense.  That would be an interesting addition to any M4/SOPMOD/M4A1 clone.

Unfortunately I doubt this is an accessory that is going to sell by the bushel, even if somebody clones the part.  And honestly, unless I had the correct grenade launcher handguard on my M4 upper, I probably wouldn't bother getting one unless I had a grenade launcher to go with it.  That is not happening, so...

Useful information saved.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Not that I know, but my guess would be a mount like the PEQ-2 low profile mount that screws into existing threads.
View Quote
That was my first thought too. I’ll have to get the PEQ mount out and try it.

NSN-1010-01-418-4588

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137230/SOPMOD_2-2005_jpg-1057935.JPG
View Quote
Cool!
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, I just snagged the last two taupe a2 grips from op and have a set of correct sights. I guess every build starts somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I just came across these photos on the Army DVIDS site, apparently from the 2016 Best Warrior Competition at Fort A. P. Hill (with original captions included below).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/292D20FD-6975-47E0-B16D-E01D6269D67D_jpeg-1050363.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/67CC7224-D3C8-4F1B-A127-BE6C8BAEAF46_jpeg-1050364.JPG

View Quote
I had this set up for a while, similar to what these guys were running. Kind of a simple set up.

Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#49]
What’s more clone correct, Full or Stubby Tangodown vfg?
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top