Page / 913
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Issue gun!
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#3]
Several other designs?! Do you have all 7?

I love how the original RIS II's lower rail is so recessed into the upper rail portion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ragincajun1919] [#5]
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

I love how the original RIS II's lower rail is so recessed into the upper rail portion.

Nope, but I like the way you think. I've only got a few of the DD RIS II, but I've got the original two concept rails which were put into limited production for the RIS II trials, and I've got the GL/SSC.  The three of those are kind of hard to come by, and I think the GL/SSC may be the hardest of them to find laying around.  

GLSSC

EDIT: I wish someone with a GLSSC would come along and want an Elcan... I'd trade the Elcan for the GLSSC on a rifle The GLSSC would allow me to use a 14.5" barrel and use my SPR/M4 can.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

Nope, but I like the way you think. I've only got a few of the DD RIS II, but I've got the original two concept rails which were put into limited production for the RIS II trials, and I've got the GL/SSC.  The three of those are kind of hard to come by, and I think the GL/SSC may be the hardest of them to find laying around.  

GLSSC

EDIT: I wish someone with a GLSSC would come along and want an Elcan... I'd trade the Elcan for the GLSSC on a rifle The GLSSC would allow me to use a 14.5" barrel and use my SPR/M4 can.

Wish I could find one laying around.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Socomike:

GLSSC

Ive tried just about everywhere
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]

GLSSC

I have all but given up. I have come to terms with the fact that even if I do find one on the used market, it will be priced so far out of my budget I wont have a chance.  I, unlike you, will not trade my Elcan for it haha.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]

GLSSC

I have all but given up. I have come to terms with the fact that even if I do find one on the used market, it will be priced so far out of my budget I wont have a chance.  I, unlike you, will not trade my Elcan for it haha.

Not a straight trade I would pay up to 1k for one though. I'm nutty like that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I may consider paying twice what the RIS II is new, but nothing more.  Im a cheap ass though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Not exactly the M4A1, but there aren't any pic threads for this one.....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%207/STKL7324-A-1200-Stick.jpg

That's so wrong stick

Link Posted: 3/18/2012 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
You want one of these?

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/Images/PhotoGallery/100_3190%20copy1.jpg.thumb?width=800&height=620

New Colt parts.

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/Parts/M16_AR15Parts.cat

Just paid 180 for mine from J&T I got the last one they had
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
You want one of these?

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/Images/PhotoGallery/100_3190%20copy1.jpg.thumb?width=800&height=620

New Colt parts.

M16 Colt Marked Bolt & Bolt Carrier

(New Condition)

$293.81 for a Colt BCG wtf are they smoking crack

Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Dude seriously......your such a tease
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 11bway2b:
Here is my MK12 MOD1 and M4A1 SOPMOD Block II

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s14.postimage.org/xah3r3jip/ar_s_2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s15.postimage.org/jrkzgro9n/ar_s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s17.postimage.org/jxzjz2isv/m4a1.jpg</a>

Upper-Daniel Defense Mid-Length, RIS II in FDE, KAC BUIS's (300m rear), BCM charging handle, JoJo Brake, M3X light, TD VFG, CQD sling mount
Lower-Noveske Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, CQD sling mount, Pinned LMT SOPMOD stock
Optic-Elcan Specter Dr FDE, military version
Sling- VTAC padden (tan) with HK clips (Not Shown)

Holy Hell of a 2nd post Batman...Nice pair of rifles you got there Bud. Add a mk18 and you've got a trifecta in my opinion. CQB, General Purpose, and Precison.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]

I don't think I've ever wanted anything as much as I want the GL/SSC right now..
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Can''t we just order a certain amount to have them made? Sort of like how Eagle industries require a minimum purchase of 20 to make their vests and pounches in a non standard camo pattern or color? It'll probably have to be more than a order of 20 for the GL/SSC....
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is a picture of the Insight VBL III aka the WMX-200 in use. Granted it might not be on a Block II but I have to say it's the first picture of it I've seen out in the wild. I didn't want to embed it because it was huge and didn't know if it would resize. Make sure to zoom in to get a good look.

Anyone here use a WMX200 or have any experience with one? I can order one at an amazing price and was thinking of selling my mini scout and putting one on my block 2 clone.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Can''t we just order a certain amount to have them made? Sort of like how Eagle industries require a minimum purchase of 20 to make their vests and pounches in a non standard camo pattern or color? It'll probably have to be more than a order of 20 for the GL/SSC....

150 need to be ordered for DD to make
Them again. I'm in for 2. 148 to go
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Ordered an Elcan today.  Paid to much, but it is only money...  Hopefully the Elcan is as good as everyone is saying.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By new_ak_fan:
Ordered an Elcan today.  Paid to much, but it is only money...  Hopefully the Elcan is as good as everyone is saying.

It's not. We are just all Elcan reps
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LiquidG:
Here is a picture of the Insight VBL III aka the WMX-200 in use. Granted it might not be on a Block II but I have to say it's the first picture of it I've seen out in the wild. I didn't want to embed it because it was huge and didn't know if it would resize. Make sure to zoom in to get a good look.

Anyone here use a WMX200 or have any experience with one? I can order one at an amazing price and was thinking of selling my mini scout and putting one on my block 2 clone.

Didn't it replace the m3x? Also, do share your amazing price, as all the ones I saw were way too expensive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#26]
You want one of these?

New Colt parts.

ouch $386
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LiquidG] [#27]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Didn't it replace the m3x? Also, do share your amazing price, as all the ones I saw were way too expensive.

Can't give the exact amount, its confidential as I work for a L3 company and it's an employee only discount.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:10:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#28]

Dibs on 1.

147 to fo

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_382/217182_GL_SSC_FDE_group_buy.html
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

Dibs on 1.

147 to fo

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_382/217182_GL_SSC_FDE_group_buy.html

If there's enough interest, perhaps the site admins would allow you to set up a group buy. I don't know if we could 150 here, though, as it's a pretty niche item.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#30]
New stock came in (Thanks Osha!) as well as my front CQD Mount. Still awaiting a back plate that hopefully I'll get tomorrow. I just picked up a CQD Sling from the EE. I did see a Magpul Tan MS2 locally, but $60 was way too much to me.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/IMG_20120316_172547-1.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/IMG_20120316_172821-1.jpg

Still just about my favorite configuration right there.

Originally Posted By _Iceman_:
Wow, this thread has turned into something awesome. I have not been here since Jan and the page count was 80ish. Now over 150!!  Tons of great info here, keep it up. I do have some updates and info that the Über clone fanatics might find interesting.

Newarguy is correct: the pic a couple of pages back was our catalog pick a couple of years ago.  Fun fact: the model ( I use that term loosely ) is one of our armorers who works exclusively on building M4A1 URGs. He in fact has had his grubby mitts on every single mk18 or M4a1 urg that has ever gone down range, and built most of them himself.

The MK12 gas block has finally been awarded an NSN.  Daniel Defense is the provider for these.

As for the SF hiders vs. the KAC you may eventually see both in use downrange.

_Iceman_:  Could you / he shed any light on the significant minority of M4A1 Block 2 and CQBR Block 2 uppers that are being built with teardrop FAs?  It seems like something like 30-40% of the Block 2 uppers (particularly CQBRs) I've seen
have the old M16A1 forward assist, not the round one.

Is this being specifically requested?  Or are the spare parts left over from all the M16A1s that are being cannibalized by Crane (MK 18 MOD 0 and MK 12 MOD 1 lowers) being re-used?

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#31]
What size groups do you guys get at 300yards? Mine were 8"-ish inches using M855.. Is this to be expected ? Bad? Good?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#32]
What size groups do you guys get at 300yards? Mine were 8"-ish inches using M855.. Is this to be expected ? Bad? Good?

M855 is not a terribly accurate load.  Acceptance spec is (IIRC) 4 MOA.  ~8" sounds about par for the course at 300y.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Augee:

M855 is not a terribly accurate load.  Acceptance spec is (IIRC) 4 MOA.  ~8" sounds about par for the course at 300y.  

~Augee

That's kinda what I thought but wanted to confirm. I want to try something like 75gr bullets next time out and see what happens there. But I'm sure stick with m855 due to price differences
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Yes it did replace the M3X.

I just found the solicitation for the VBL-III and it says the following.

minimum quantity of 10 EA, maximum quantity of 37,500 EA

I'm guessing they didn't order too much since we aren't seeing more VBL-III's in pictures...
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I want my barrel backkkkkk
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
I want my barrel backkkkkk

You and me both. I had to sell a NIW SOCOM last year, along with my Colt 9mm build, and a bunch of nice retro parts due to being unemployed. Now that I'm working full time again I've been buying a few parts, but wish I had some of them back, like that barrel for example.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#37]
OK! Questions.

So I'm putting together my Block II build based on the DD M4-A1 FSP RIS II. I know I'm going to have a variance or two from a true Block II but I have some questions. I've read about half the pages in this thread and it's taken a couple weeks so I'm just going to ask.

1. Optics

The Elcan is crazy expensive so that simply won't be an option. My next thought was the EOTech 553 but that things seems bulky as hell. Also looking at the EOTech XPS3-0Tan model. What I really like though is the Aimpoint Micro T1. Small, light, looks nice. Have any Block II guns used the Aimpoint maybe on the KAC riser?

Troy rear sights? Yes, no?

2. Stocks

I have a FDE CTR on my build now simply because I had it. I was going to sell it and get the SOPMOD stock even though I don't really like it as much. Then going threw this thread I've seen a couple in country Block II guns that clearly have CTR's on them. Can I assume this is way off from the standard?

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By kdoggy:
OK! Questions.

So I'm putting together my Block II build based on the DD M4-A1 FSP RIS II. I know I'm going to have a variance or two from a true Block II but I have some questions. I've read about half the pages in this thread and it's taken a couple weeks so I'm just going to ask.

1. Optics

The Elcan is crazy expensive so that simply won't be an option. My next thought was the EOTech 553 but that things seems bulky as hell. Also looking at the EOTech XPS3-0Tan model. What I really like though is the Aimpoint Micro T1. Small, light, looks nice. Have any Block II guns used the Aimpoint maybe on the KAC riser?

2. Stocks

I have a FDE CTR on my build now simply because I had it. I was going to sell it and get the SOPMOD stock even though I don't really like it as much. Then going threw this thread I've seen a couple in country Block II guns that clearly have CTR's on them. Can I assume this is way off from the standard?

It would appear that this is the exact rifle you want to build:

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LiquidG] [#39]
OK! Questions.

1. Optics

2. Stocks

1. Optics: I'd go with one of the EOtechs personally. I just picked up a 553 and don't feel it added much weight at all to my block 1.5 build. You could always get the XPS if your really concerned with weight. I really like the reticule, it's very fast on target. Also i would just go with a matech rear sight, they can be had for around $40 if you check the EE or ebay.

2. Stocks: Sopmod/reg M4 stocks are most common but like you said, plenty of people are using there own stocks in country. I was never a fan of sopmods, till i got one, now i think it will be my go to stock for new builds.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:05:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kdoggy] [#41]
OK! Questions.

1. Optics

2. Stocks

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/FSP.png

~Augee

Something like that! Damn it all to hell though, that black CTR looks better then the FDE one. Here is where I'm sitting right now, keep in mine all the Magpul shit is only there because I already HAD it. This wasn't necessarily built this way because I planned it. I haven't exactly figured out how I plan to finish it out yet.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I was looking for a RIS II for my recce project but I can't seem to find anyone who has it in stock... Maybe there was a giant order for the RIS II's much like the KAC Taupe BUIS?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Originally Posted By 11bway2b:
Here is my MK12 MOD1 and M4A1 SOPMOD Block II

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s14.postimage.org/xah3r3jip/ar_s_2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s15.postimage.org/jrkzgro9n/ar_s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s17.postimage.org/jxzjz2isv/m4a1.jpg</a>

Upper-Daniel Defense Mid-Length, RIS II in FDE, KAC BUIS's (300m rear), BCM charging handle, JoJo Brake, M3X light, TD VFG, CQD sling mount
Lower-Noveske Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, CQD sling mount, Pinned LMT SOPMOD stock
Optic-Elcan Specter Dr FDE, military version
Sling- VTAC padden (tan) with HK clips (Not Shown)

Holy Hell of a 2nd post Batman...Nice pair of rifles you got there Bud. Add a mk18 and you've got a trifecta in my opinion. CQB, General Purpose, and Precison.

Thanks man, thats what I'm going for, only 6 more months!  I don't like to post much until my projects are complete, and i try to do as much research (lurking) as possible.  Plus some of the guys I worked with overseas had some of these rifles.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I was looking for a RIS II for my recce project but I can't seem to find anyone who has it in stock... Maybe there was a giant order for the RIS II's much like the KAC Taupe BUIS?

DSG will have one in stock later this week when I return mine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Or everyone on arfcom is buying them up!  I would be down for of those GL/SSC RIS II.

Just scored a used docter sight for the Elcan! should look good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Are you returning the one where the barrel came loose?  

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Are you returning the one where the barrel came loose?  

No, I have a new one I bought but will not be using so I'm returning it (brand new never out of box)
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I was looking at the Block II poster and the ECOS-GL looks bad ass.

No, I have a new one I bought but will not be using so I'm returning it (brand new never out of box)

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#49]
OK! Questions.

1. Optics

2. Stocks

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/FSP.png

~Augee

Check out the T1.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Can't give the exact amount, its confidential as I work for a L3 company and it's an employee only discount.

I love thje Asolo Fugitive boots....vaginas for the feet

Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top