AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1017 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Just fucking came here to post this.

Which one of you assholes stole it out from under OPs feet with a higher offer?

I love you guys but I hope the seller gets banned for being a shady POS backing out for a higher offer
View Quote
I've dealt with tacdriver (buyer) a few times too. Good dude. I hope the seller wises up and follows through. It's a shame to throw away 100+ positive feedback over that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]

I love you guys but I hope the seller gets banned for being a shady POS backing out for a higher offer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Tanodized g33 went for 275 in EE
Looks like somebody got cold feet:
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Time to shit or get off the pot.

It was me, I admit it. I offered him $275 and all the sticky change at the bottom of my cupholder :\.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By krdt:
It was me, I admit it. I offered him $275 and all the sticky change at the bottom of my cupholder :\.
View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Cup holder pennies are the grossest-est-est pennies.

DBM- should we take him to the pit? Tie a tanodized G33 to a shoelace and beat him with it?  
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]

DBM- should we take him to the pit? Tie a tanodized G33 to a shoelace and beat him with it?  
View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

Do I get to keep the tanodized G33 afterwards? *considering*

Bruises heal pretty quick...
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

The seller not you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The seller not you.
View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

The seller not you.
Goddammit, I was already planning on how nice that G33 would look. You know, after the swelling went down and I stopped seeing double.

^ Needs G33.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:
Both look good, Nate. Did you shave the brace a bit?
View Quote
I did indeed. Took it down to the same size of a CTR. Didn’t functionally do anything other than make it more aesthetically pleasing. And it’s been the best brace solution I’ve used thus far.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#8]
Goddammit, I was already planning on how nice that G33 would look. You know, after the swelling went down and I stopped seeing double.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.050318.NL-04.jpg

^ Needs G33.
View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

The seller not you.

^ Needs G33.
ETA I should prob erase that (CoC)

I need one too tho. I don't even give a fuck if its anodized or even tan to be honest with you. I just need a G33
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

I need one too tho. I don't even give a fuck if its anodized or even tan to be honest with you. I just need a G33
View Quote
Wait till ebay has 15% off everything again, I got a NIB tan G33 for 309 from a reputable seller last friday, will be here wed
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Nah, it's all on the seller.

A deal is a deal. Fuck up on your listing,  you eat it. Do your homework before posting sale items.
View Quote
I agree a deal is a deal. No one is arguing that. I just think there is at least a 10% chance the deal could've gone through if it weren't for the multiple posts that shined a glaring light on his mistake. Sad thing is, he'll prob eat it by taking the EE ban. It's cheaper. Is the EE ban permanent? Or temporary in situations like this?  Either way, from his perspective, An EE ban seems like less of a punishment than losing $600 plus dollars.
(And how in the hell do u quote more than 1 person in a post?)
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#11]

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

The seller not you.

^ Needs G33.

Damn edit. I was going to ask if the granny option would at any point require a shovel and decide from there :D.

Yeah, don't care about tanodized, but I do want a tan one. I suppose I could lower my ammo budget for a month and get one, but that seems pretty extreme.

Wait till ebay has 15% off everything again, I got a NIB tan G33 for 309 from a reputable seller last friday, will be here wed
Damn, $309 is pretty good. I was expecting to pay at least $350-$375 for a like new one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:40:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Thing is, while I have little doubt the deal would've gone through if people hadn't commented, the rule isn't "a deal is a deal (unless, of course, I find out it's worth more, in which case fuck you)". The guy screwed up, but should've honored his end of the deal all the same. It's unfortunate people should have to censor themselves to have someone honor their word.
View Quote
I'm not sayin ppl should censor themselves, they just need to read the EE rules. Even if it's not stomping an ad, it's not conducive to the sale in any way whatsoever.  Any one can see that. I don't get it. I agree it's his word to honor the deal, but it's also his choice to screw the deal and take the punishment. I wouldn't wanna be the one he backed out on, but I have to admit I'd be half expecting it, or at least expect to be getting a fake with a deal like that. What do they call it, "to good to be true?"
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#14]

View All Quotes
ORIGINAL EE AD thread
NEGATIVE THREAD

I agree.
@Tigwelder-I must need a membership to get in on those sweet features. Time to pony up some$

milspec and dbm, thanks for the comments. That is my fave so far too. It's soo light. Like 5lbs lighter than my mod1.ill have to weigh em n find out.

im glad they are permanent bans. I always thought they were temporary and didn't think that would discourage much.
i always play the devils advocate, so please don't think I'd side with that kind of action. Gotta look at it from multiple angles to see the whole pic b4 starting an angry mob. Having said that, lets mob!
Chop his nuts off! Let the streets run red with the blood of anyone that has ever befriended him!

i didn't even think about milspecs angle. Screw the sellerand any bastard that may have offered him more! That's not how shits done 'round here. This is one of 2 places I trust spending money on EE posts. Well, the only one actually. I don't really trust the other place.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:

I agree.
@Tigwelder-I must need a membership to get in on those sweet features. Time to pony up some$

milspec and dbm, thanks for the comments. That is my fave so far too. It's soo light. Like 5lbs lighter than my mod1.ill have to weigh em n find out.

im glad they are permanent bans. I always thought they were temporary and didn't think that would discourage much.
i always play the devils advocate, so please don't think I'd side with that kind of action. Gotta look at it from multiple angles to see the whole pic b4 starting an angry mob. Having said that, lets mob!
Chop his nuts off! Let the streets run red with the blood of anyone that has ever befriended him!

i didn't even think about milspecs angle. Screw the sellerand any bastard that may have offered him more! That's not how shits done 'round here. This is one of 2 places I trust spending money on EE posts. Well, the only one actually. I don't really trust the other place.
View Quote
We had that happen at least once before. Back when SF4P's were scarce someone posted one in the EE for a stupid good price. It was quickly "sold" and then someone informed the seller on what it was actually worth and that person managed to snatch it for a higher, but still very reasonable price. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out the same way. I'm also not surprised he backed out after being told he's leaving $1,000 on the table.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#16]
When in doubt, start with a high price. You can always entertain offers or come down in price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:20:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes seller looks like a shitbag because he refunded the guys money. He could have accepted a higher offer from someone else no problem but not after taking the other guys payment then kicking it back. Is that bad enough to warrant loss of privileges? That's a lot of money to leave on the table though.

I may or may not have previously offered more for an item in the ee that was already claimed
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Agreed. Accepting payment was a definite, complete deal. Very douche'.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Older pic just after I finished getting it put together, and before it’s current config  
Borrowed my buddy’s magnifier and DBAL. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, what a rollercoaster with this tanodized G33 situation. I thought it was reaching critical mass over in the feedback thread, lol. I was wondering if torches and pitchforks would be provided, or do we need to bring our own?

Then the seller pulls a fast one and decides to honor the original deal? Didn't see that one coming.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, what a rollercoaster with this tanodized G33 situation. I thought it was reaching critical mass over in the feedback thread, lol. I was wondering if torches and pitchforks would be provided, or do we need to bring our own?

Then the seller pulls a fast one and decides to honor the original deal? Didn't see that one coming.
View Quote
At least he finally did what was right. Even though it should not have gone to all this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#23]

I can still tell you one member that I will never trust.

If Wilson didn't force his hand,  he'd not have honored his committment.  He made that clear early on.

The threat of personal information posting usually forces the rats out.
View Quote
It's too bad that's what it takes..

Nice multi quote btw :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#24]

If Wilson didn't force his hand,  he'd not have honored his committment.  He made that clear early on.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By wissota4:

At least he finally did what was right. Even though it should not have gone to all this.

I don't really buy that there wasn't another offer (or multiple offers) on the table. Wouldn't be surprised if the potential buyer got cold feet as well and that helped influence the seller to honor the deal (combined with his info possibly being dropped, of course).
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Could be several factors.

Either way, it was a dick head move. Some just do not grasp the concept of honor/trust.
View All Quotes

I don't really buy that there wasn't another offer (or multiple offers) on the table. Wouldn't be surprised if the potential buyer got cold feet as well and that helped influence the seller to honor the deal (combined with his info possibly being dropped, of course).
Could be several factors.

Either way, it was a dick head move. Some just do not grasp the concept of honor/trust.
Quite a turnaround from his initial position, that's for sure. I want juicy background details :\.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
You're not kidding.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I just couldn't believe he was about to burn an 04 paid account with a bunch of perfect feedback over a magnifier. But that difference is (to me) a lot of money and I've seen ppl get themselves banned for a lot less.

If WILSON did have to threaten HOS for him to react the way he did, then he didn't make the turn around I thought. Sounds more like a personal info self preservation last ditch bitch move if that is what transpired.

Don't know. But at least tacdriver is getting what a rightfully his. That's the biggest thing I care about on the subject. And I prob won't be doing any business with the seller in the future.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I just couldn't believe he was about to burn an 04 paid account with a bunch of perfect feedback over a magnifier. But that difference is (to me) a lot of money and I've seen ppl get themselves banned for a lot less.

If WILSON did have to threaten HOS for him to react the way he did, then he didn't make the turn around I thought. Sounds more like a personal info self preservation last ditch bitch move if that is what transpired.

Don't know. But at least tacdriver is getting what a rightfully his. That's the biggest thing I care about on the subject. And I prob won't be doing any business with the seller in the future.
View Quote
I know what you mean. I've got my own personal list as well. Folks still here but that escaped the ban stick or otherwise only discovered integrity when faced with the possibility of losing their account. Others have welched on me and I've been too lazy to create a thread for it or I had a backup buyer anyway and it was too much of a hassle. Shitbags know who they are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Great point. I didn't think about this earlier when he had his change of heart. Just thought he decided to do the right thing, but I guess it still may have been for selfish reasons.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't have anyone on ignore, but there are a few people I wouldn't particularly want to do business with. I could probably make a decent sized list if I actually put forward the effort, lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#34]
What made that G33 so rare?  Is this one of those clone parts where commercial buyers bitched about 14 different shades of anodizing so they stopped offering it commercially and went to a more uniform coating, thus making it super rare? Or is it rare for some other reason?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
Great point. I didn't think about this earlier when he had his change of heart. Just thought he decided to do the right thing, but I guess it still may have been for selfish reasons.
View All Quotes

Going from "I make no excuses or apologies, our business is done" to "golly gee, guys... really sorry, lemme make everything right" is a pretty big about face, though. Gotta think it was something fairly significant to change his mind (like threat of a personal info dump).
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By daojag:
What made that G33 so rare?  Is this one of those clone parts where commercial buyers bitched about 14 different shades of anodizing so they stopped offering it commercially and went to a more uniform coating, thus making it super rare? Or is it rare for some other reason?
View Quote
Tan-odized
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:39:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#37]
Going from "I make no excuses or apologies, our business is done" to "golly gee, guys... really sorry, lemme make everything right" is a pretty big about face, though. Gotta think it was something fairly significant to change his mind (like threat of a personal info dump).
View All Quotes

You're right. Now I feel dumb for thinking he simply decided to do the right thing by honoring the deal.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#39]
You're right. Now I feel dumb for thinking he simply decided to do the honorable thing by honoring the sale.
View All Quotes

You're right. Now I feel dumb for thinking he simply decided to do the honorable thing by honoring the sale.
Sad when thinking someone might have done the right thing on their own is the most far fetched theory on hand. Just his complete stonewall in the beginning makes me think there had to be a little arm twisting involved.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Sad when thinking someone might have done the right thing on their own is the most far fetched theory on hand. Just his complete stonewall in the beginning makes me think there had to be a little arm twisting involved.
View Quote
Yup, makes sense. Oh, well. At least @tacdriver808 got the deal of the year award. Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Come on, back to the CQBRs!
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Come on, back to the CQBRs!
View Quote
Agreed!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Just as a small heads up, the Arms Unlimited Surefire suppressor deals come with a catch.

I jumped on one of the 556-212s and it showed up with the collar beat to hell and an RMA # on the box. Thought that was odd, so I reached out to both AU and SF.

Contact AU and they told me to talk to Surefire.

Surefire said all the AU cans are very well used and refurbished. They're .mil cans that are basically sent back once units upgrade. AU sends them to surefire, who repaints them, gives them a new box, pouch, manuals, etc. Surefire sends them back to AU and asks they mention their history on the site, but I haven't seen any mention of them being used/refurbs/once issued/or anything else.

They're working on resolving the issue.

I know some guys in here probably like the fact they're actually issued. But they're military used. Which likely means lots of rounds through them, and everything has it's life span. For the price, it's hard to complain. Just think that's something that should be mentioned up front.

Now you guys know. Had my collar been fine, and the box not marked, I never would have known....
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I ran into a weird problem with my MK18 build. It has a MK18 LMT upper. I recently pulled out the round forward assist and dropped in a teardrop. I have swapped out forward assists numerous times, but I have never had this happen. It moves freely as it should, but the hook never actually contacts the BCG. It's almost like it's too short except it worked fine in the Bushmaster C7 style upper it came out of. The original worked just fine. Anyone ever experienced this before?

Also, pic thread:

(I wish I still had the EOTech)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 103:
I ran into a weird problem with my MK18 build. It has a MK18 LMT upper. I recently pulled out the round forward assist and dropped in a teardrop. I have swapped out forward assists numerous times, but I have never had this happen. It moves freely as it should, but the hook never actually contacts the BCG. It's almost like it's too short except it worked fine in the Bushmaster C7 style upper it came out of. The original worked just fine. Anyone ever experienced this before?

Also, pic thread:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106019/mk181-539119.JPG
View Quote
That is strange because I've had both Bush master teardrops work in my BCM uppers and Colt teardrops work in my Colt M4 uppers. Is it a Bushy teardrop?
Maybe snag a Colt NOS and try it out
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Just as a small heads up, the Arms Unlimited Surefire suppressor deals come with a catch.

I jumped on one of the 556-212s and it showed up with the collar beat to hell and an RMA # on the box. Thought that was odd, so I reached out to both AU and SF.

Surefire said all the AU cans are very well used and refurbished. They're .mil cans that are basically sent back once units upgrade. AU sends them to surefire, who repaints them, gives them a new box, pouch, manuals, etc. Surefire sends them back to AU and asks they mention their history on the site, but I haven't seen any mention of them being used/refurbs/once issued/or anything else.

I know some guys in here probably like the fact they're actually issued. But they're military used. Which likely means lots of rounds through them, and everything has it's life span. For the price, it's hard to complain. Just think that's something that should be mentioned up front.

Now you guys know. Had my collar been fine, and the box not marked, I never would have known....
View Quote
You're referring to the legacy suppressors, I assume? The RC I received from AU was in every way new, internally and externally. I looked it over very thoroughly and I sure didn't see any indication of it being refurbished.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#48]
You're referring to the legacy suppressors, I assume? The RC I received from AU was in every way new, internally and externally. I looked it over very thoroughly and I sure didn't see any indication of it being refurbished.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

I think the 212 and the RC are 2 diff cans aren't they?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#49]
That is strange because I've had both Bush master teardrops work in my BCM uppers and Colt teardrops work in my Colt M4 uppers. Is it a Bushy teardrop?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:

Also, pic thread:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106019/mk181-539119.JPG
I actually cannot remember what it came from originally. I am going to pull it and measure against the round one, but by eye they looked the same. I can push it all the way down until the teardrop contacts the receiver, and the hook does not contact the BCG.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#50]

I think the 212 and the RC are 2 diff cans aren't they?
View Quote
Yes.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1017 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top