AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1018 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I think the 212 and the RC are 2 diff cans aren't they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Just as a small heads up, the Arms Unlimited Surefire suppressor deals come with a catch.

I jumped on one of the 556-212s and it showed up with the collar beat to hell and an RMA # on the box. Thought that was odd, so I reached out to both AU and SF.

Contact AU and they told me to talk to Surefire.

Surefire said all the AU cans are very well used and refurbished. They're .mil cans that are basically sent back once units upgrade. AU sends them to surefire, who repaints them, gives them a new box, pouch, manuals, etc. Surefire sends them back to AU and asks they mention their history on the site, but I haven't seen any mention of them being used/refurbs/once issued/or anything else.

They're working on resolving the issue.

I know some guys in here probably like the fact they're actually issued. But they're military used. Which likely means lots of rounds through them, and everything has it's life span. For the price, it's hard to complain. Just think that's something that should be mentioned up front.

Now you guys know. Had my collar been fine, and the box not marked, I never would have known....
You're referring to the legacy suppressors, I assume? The RC I received from AU was in every way new, internally and externally. I looked it over very thoroughly and I sure didn't see any indication of it being refurbished.  
Yeah, but he said "all the AU SF cans", so I wanted to clarify. I assume he meant just the legacy suppressors, not the RC/RC2/SB/etc.

ETA:

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but he said "all the AU SF cans", so I wanted to clarify. I assume he meant just the legacy suppressors, not the RC/RC2/SB/etc.
View All Quotes
Just as a small heads up, the Arms Unlimited Surefire suppressor deals come with a catch.

I jumped on one of the 556-212s and it showed up with the collar beat to hell and an RMA # on the box. Thought that was odd, so I reached out to both AU and SF.

Surefire said all the AU cans are very well used and refurbished. They're .mil cans that are basically sent back once units upgrade. AU sends them to surefire, who repaints them, gives them a new box, pouch, manuals, etc. Surefire sends them back to AU and asks they mention their history on the site, but I haven't seen any mention of them being used/refurbs/once issued/or anything else.

I know some guys in here probably like the fact they're actually issued. But they're military used. Which likely means lots of rounds through them, and everything has it's life span. For the price, it's hard to complain. Just think that's something that should be mentioned up front.

Now you guys know. Had my collar been fine, and the box not marked, I never would have known....
You're referring to the legacy suppressors, I assume? The RC I received from AU was in every way new, internally and externally. I looked it over very thoroughly and I sure didn't see any indication of it being refurbished.  
Ah yeah I think he meant the whole current batch of 556 212's.

Cause a whole lot of dudes in the clone threads have bought their RCs from AU and never mentioned them being used so you should be good. But then again, it is AU
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]

ETA:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.050318.NL-03.jpg
View Quote
I'm just passing along what Surefire told me. They said the RCs were part of it, too. They cleaned internals, repainted em, and shipped em off.

I didn't jump on the RC, so I can't speak to those, but as far as my 212 is concerned....
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just passing along what Surefire told me. They said the RCs were part of it, too. They cleaned internals, repainted em, and shipped em off.

I didn't jump on the RC, so I can't speak to those, but as far as my 212 is concerned....
View All Quotes

ETA:

Hmm. Well, I can verify almost 100% my RC was brand new. There was zero wear to the blast baffle, no heat discoloration or anything remotely indicating a refurb. About the only way I could've looked it over more thoroughly would've been to deploy an Inspector Gadget magnifying glass, lol.

It would've had to have been re-cored at the minimum, and even then I don't think they could've made it that clean. I did purchase mine at the $825 price, several months before they dropped the price to $695. No idea if that maybe marked the beginning of the "refurbs", but mine was definitely new.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm. Well, I can verify almost 100% my RC was brand new. There was zero wear to the blast baffle, no heat discoloration or anything remotely indicating a refurb. About the only way I could've looked it over more thoroughly would've been to deploy an Inspector Gadget magnifying glass, lol.

It would've had to have been re-cored at the minimum, and even then I don't think they could've made it that clean. I did purchase mine at the $825 price, several months before they dropped the price to $695. No idea if that maybe marked the beginning of the "refurbs", but mine was definitely new.
View All Quotes

ETA:

Why do I get the feeling you're going to be losing sleep at night now, meticulously second guessing your inspection job.

I think you would've noticed too. You're pretty minute detail oriented. Try to get some sleep tonight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
I didn't do a full 9 point inspection on mine when I went to fill out the Form 4, but it certainly looked new both internally and externally. I still likely wouldn't have been upset if the baffles were replaced and everything refinished, and I had been told about it on the front end given what I paid for it. However, if that is true, it's straight up fraud.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do I get the feeling you're going to be losing sleep at night now, meticulously second guessing your inspection job.

I think you would've noticed too. You're pretty minute detail oriented. Try to get some sleep tonight.
View All Quotes

ETA:

Lol. When guys in a clone thread - where details are pretty much everything - tell you that you're very "minute detail oriented"... is that a good thing or a bad thing? :D

I feel like I should use that as an introduction at some kind of support group - just to let them know how serious shit is.

"Hi, my name is krdt and I have a problem with details. Even the guys in the CQBR clone thread said I'm very minute detail oriented."
*shocked gasps and whispers*
"You've come to the right place, buddy. Just be glad you decided to get help..."

Nah, not too worried about it. Either it was brand new, or the best re-core/refurb in the history of refurbs. So, I'm good either way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol. When guys in a clone thread - where details are pretty much everything - tell you that you're very "minute detail oriented"... is that a good thing or a bad thing? :D

I feel like I should use that as an introduction at some kind of support group - just to let them know how serious shit is.

"Hi, my name is krdt and I have a problem with details. Even the guys in the CQBR clone thread said I'm very minute detail oriented."
"You've come to the right place, buddy. Just be glad you decided to get help..."

Nah, not too worried about it. Either it was brand new, or the best re-core/refurb in the history of refurbs. So, I'm good either way.
View All Quotes

ETA:

Depends how detail oriented we are talking. I don't know if you've ever owned anything with dirt tires (knobbies) but if you see one messed up knobbie and the rest of the tire is good, do you still get the urge to replace the tire? If so I need to get you in some kind of support group.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends how detail oriented we are talking. I don't know if you've ever owned anything with dirt tires (knobbies) but if you see one messed up knobbie and the rest of the tire is good, do you still get the urge to replace the tire? If so I need to get you in some kind of support group.
View All Quotes

ETA:

No, but on occasion I have been known to sort my cash by denomination and by quality of the bills ;p. Crispy 20s on top, nasty ones at the bottom; that way I can spend them first and have all crispy money :D.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
No, but on occasion I have been known to sort my cash by denomination and by quality of the bills ;p. Crispy 20s on top, nasty ones at the bottom; that way I can spend them first and have all crispy money :D.
View All Quotes

ETA:

I do something similar and sort my bills in my wallet from largest in back to smallest in front. And make them all fave the same way. So its a wash for now. But one day we will find out what support group you need.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tanodized] [#11]
Colt/FN M4A1 CQBR: 10.3" Govt. Barrel w/ Badger Ordnance Mk12 Gas Block, Daniel Defense Mk18 RIS II, Elcan SpecterDR SU-230 w/ Insight MRDS, ATPIAL-C, WMX200 & Pressure Switch, B5 Systems SOPMOD Stock, CQD Rear Sling Mount, PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle, Colt Ambidextrous Safety, Geissele SSA Trigger, KAC Mk12 Front Folding Sight, QD Sling Mount & Vertical Grip, Surefire SF4P Flash Hider & SOCOM556-RC Suppressor
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
I purchased mine at the $695 price, and i'm in the same boat as far as condition as it appeared.  Mine looked as new as anything Id ever purchased, Id be shocked if it were used ever prior.  But, Id still be okay even if I found out it was refurbished, because it would seem that they redid the entire can with new baffles...  Box and everything else looked new as well....
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]

I do something similar and sort my bills in my wallet from largest in back to smallest in front. And make them all fave the same way. So its a wash for now. But one day we will find out what support group you need.

https://i.imgur.com/aUe4fkN.jpg
View Quote
That's what I do.  To me that just makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#14]

View Quote
I do the same thing and just thought everyone did that. And shady AU being shady again. Selling refurbed suppressors without disclosing it is a shitty practice, IMO. Can't say I'm surprised, though. I'm constantly seeing weird shit come up and AU always seems to be tied to it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
I do the same thing and just thought everyone did that. And shady AU being shady again. Selling refurbed suppressors without disclosing it is a shitty practice, IMO. Can't say I'm surprised, though. I'm constantly seeing weird shit come up and AU always seems to be tied to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

Right? AU has surpassed Optics Planet to me for the shady category. Not to say I wouldn't still buy from them but I would be worried doing so. Never know what you're going to get with those fuckers. Assuming you get it
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

ETA:

Oh, bill orientation goes without saying. Ya can't be havin' backwards money. Do they even accept that in stores? ;p

Speaking of details, I finally decided to get my shooting table tri-colored towel situation on lockdown :\. I had planned to cover the table top in black rubber material, and figured it'd be pretty awesome. Then it dawned on me: I live in Arizona. That black rubber is going to be like molten lava on my table top during the summer. So, there went that plan. I got some charcoal carpet instead. Not quite as snazzy as diamond plate pattern rubber, but it won't be 10,000 degrees, either.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, bill orientation goes without saying. Ya can't be havin' backwards money. Do they even accept that in stores? ;p

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SNB-00.jpg

Speaking of details, I finally decided to get my shooting table tri-colored towel situation on lockdown :\. I had planned to cover the table top in black rubber material, and figured it'd be pretty awesome. Then it dawned on me: I live in Arizona. That black rubber is going to be like molten lava on my table top during the summer. So, there went that plan. I got some charcoal carpet instead. Not quite as snazzy as diamond plate pattern rubber, but it won't be 10,000 degrees, either.
View All Quotes

ETA:

Did you chop the Magpul off your Magpul? If so I don't hate it. Might actually copy you with a few of mine. More grip less crap sticking 3 inches out
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Did you chop the Magpul off your Magpul? If so I don't hate it. Might actually copy you with a few of mine. More grip less crap sticking 3 inches out
View All Quotes

ETA:

Yep. Chopped gives a nice grip/index point and I never really use the finger loop anyway. Definitely my current favorite way to setup a USGI mag.

Funny, I went in a big circle with Magpul stuff on my USGI mags. I started with traditional Magpuls, then went to Ranger Plates, and now I'm back to (chopped) Magpuls, lol. It's made me consider selling off the pile of Ranger Plates I have on a bunch of my mag stash from near the end of the AWB. At the time I thought Ranger Plates were the greatest thing ever - mainly cause I used pouches that held more than one mag and standard Magpuls wouldn't fit properly. Now I have Tacos and actually prefer the old Magpuls. Oh, BRD... you make-a-me go in crazy circles!
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
It was the newer style collar though correct? The one that looks similar to the socom collars?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#20]
New grip, lmt, g33, things are coming along...

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

It was the newer style collar though correct? The one that looks similar to the socom collars?
View Quote
Sure was. Not the old school 212 collar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

https://i.imgur.com/rc79gFT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0y8gHOo.jpg
View Quote
Super poopy Brownells A1? Bold move, sir. Bold move.

You are missing a poopy B5 and you would've completed the poopy rainbow ;p.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/rc79gFT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0y8gHOo.jpg

Is that supppsed to be like Bakelite with the green finish worn off? The fuck? Lol (I owned real Colt ones at one point)
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#24]

Is that supppsed to be like Bakelite with the green finish worn off? The fuck? Lol (I owned real Colt ones at one point)
View Quote
Colt had protoype and production rifles with brown furniture at one point.

ETA: Which is what you said lol. Ignore me. Long day.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Lol you’re good dude.
Aaron- I juat want you to know I’m hating on brownells and not you or your gun. But they did a terrible fucking job on these. They look like a generic clearance bin A2 with no finger bump and the A1 circle on the bottom. I have to say Troy really hit the nail on the head with their retro rifle furniture, brownells not so much
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Lol you’re good dude.
Aaron- I juat want you to know I’m hating on brownells and not you or your gun. But they did a terrible fucking job on these. They look like a generic clearance bin A2 with no finger bump and the A1 circle on the bottom. I have to say Troy really hit the nail on the head with their retro rifle furniture, brownells not so much
View Quote
I figured I'd pop it on to try, I have several colts and others I may grab. To be honest, I like the k2+ magpul grips the best
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I figured I'd pop it on to try, I have several colts and others I may grab. To be honest, I like the k2+ magpul grips the best
View All Quotes

Lol you’re good dude.
I would throw a Colt A1 on. Ergonomic as shit, I wish I had kept mine. He’ll even 1 of em’
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
My RC (currently in jail) that came from AU looked brand new inside and out. It looked a lot better than the RC2 I picked up from a reputable dealer who is local to me.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#29]

I would throw a Colt A1 on. Ergonomic as shit, I wish I had kept mine. He’ll even 1 of em’
View Quote
I probably will. After all, gotta be uber correct when I get the crane SN engraved on the upper soon
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

Lol you’re good dude.
I'm not a retro Colt expert by any means, but I think the Brownells A1 is a pretty close copy of a specific subcontractor or something? They did make a few changes so no one could try to sell them as genuine (edges on the lanyard hole, for one). Slimmer than most Colt A1s, definitely. They didn't get the shiny finish right, obviously (polymer versus Bakelight). But, the overall slim shape is pretty close.

I actually really like them because I like a slimmer grip. Both of mine are wearing Brownells A1s in the towel photo above. I have several shaved Colt A2s, but I'm digging the Brownells A1s for now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there anything "off" about either of these 553 bottoms? The top one has two holes or something that the bottom one doesn't appear to have. Do they come both ways or is one fake or what? I wanna make sure I know what to look for. Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Long time comin but upgraded to the current decade.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:
My RC (currently in jail) that came from AU looked brand new inside and out. It looked a lot better than the RC2 I picked up from a reputable dealer who is local to me.

https://i.imgur.com/ng2AUJc.jpg?2
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:

https://i.imgur.com/ng2AUJc.jpg?2
I actually looked the interior over super thoroughly. It wasn't even because I had any notion it might be a refurb, but because I wanted to verify it was completely brand new in case it turned up used when I went to pick it up, lol. Really a distinction without a difference, but I wasn't even thinking they might send me a used can at the time, heh. Mainly just wanted to verify and memorize the condition it came in for when I picked it up. Everything appeared 100% pristine inside. Really doubt it was refurbished, unless by "refurbished" they mean "brand new internals".

Either way, seems like a good excuse to post RC pictures :D. Mmm.

Damn, there have been quite a few changes to lil' CQBR since that photo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#34]

I actually looked the interior over super thoroughly. It wasn't even because I had any notion it might be a refurb, but because I wanted to verify it was completely brand new in case it turned up used when I went to pick it up, lol. Really a distinction without a difference, but I wasn't even thinking they might send me a used can at the time, heh. Mainly just wanted to verify and memorize the condition it came in for when I picked it up. Everything appeared 100% pristine inside. Really doubt it was refurbished, unless by "refurbished" they mean "brand new internals".

Either way, seems like a good excuse to post RC pictures :D. Mmm.
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SOCOM.RC-03.jpg
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.SOCOM.RC-09.jpg

Damn, there have been quite a few changes to lil' CQBR since that photo.
View Quote
Mine was new as well, until I put a few rounds through it. 11/18 check cash date, cant come soon enough
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:

Is there anything "off" about either of these 553 bottoms? The top one has two holes or something that the bottom one doesn't appear to have. Do they come both ways or is one fake or what? I wanna make sure I know what to look for. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/AnBZorZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VfMa1PW.jpg
View Quote
I'm not seeing a difference.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I'm not seeing a difference.
View Quote
There are two itty bitty holes in roughly the middle, one on each side.

I think they both look real. The ARMS levers are definitely real.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#38]
I'm not a retro Colt expert by any means, but I think the Brownells A1 is a pretty close copy of a specific subcontractor or something? They did make a few changes so no one could try to sell them as genuine (edges on the lanyard hole, for one). Slimmer than most Colt A1s, definitely. They didn't get the shiny finish right, obviously (polymer versus Bakelight). But, the overall slim shape is pretty close.

https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_078000347_4.jpg

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploads/Weaponeer/images/2009-09-06_230331_DSCF4748.JPG

I actually really like them because I like a slimmer grip. Both of mine are wearing Brownells A1s in the towel photo above. I have several shaved Colt A2s, but I'm digging the Brownells A1s for now.
View All Quotes

Lol you’re good dude.

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploads/Weaponeer/images/2009-09-06_230331_DSCF4748.JPG

Idk they look way off and just cheap to me but that could just be cause I'm used to the real thing. These are exact to the ones I had-

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
The reticle will be the dead giveaway. As you k ow the legit EO reticle is comprised of a ton of tiny red dots that make up the hologram. If either one is a fake it will have a solid LED reticle and a lot of the fake ones you can make the reticle red or green with the NV button
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I was going to come and defend the poopy A1 grip because I think A1 grips are best.  But then you had to go and say they are slimmer.  Meh, I don't think I'd dig that.  I may have to try one sometime though, just to try.  The A1 I have is my favorite grip.  BY FAR.  Nothing even compares that I've tried.

I'm not sure if mine is a Colt. But I do believe it is genuine.....

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
Long time comin but upgraded to the current decade.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2yzmn0i.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/27xnok5.jpg
View Quote
Long time no see, hit me up for a range day bro
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#42]
The reticle will be the dead giveaway. As you k ow the legit EO reticle is comprised of a ton of tiny red dots that make up the hologram. If either one is a fake it will have a solid LED reticle and a lot of the fake ones you can make the reticle red or green with the NV button
View All Quotes

So far everything is legit. All the key points check out. I've just never seen those two holes. At first I thought it was rail indentation, but upon closer inspection, they appear machined.  And since it was absent on the other, I had to ask. I know a lot of people here have 553's. I was hoping to verify if there are others with the two holes, as that's the better deal. Also wondering what the significance, if any, are they for? At first my mind thought, issued, a place to tie off to?  But that's doubtful because they are very tiny. Idk. Never held one so I just wanna be 100%. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#43]
So far everything is legit. All the key points check out. I've just never seen those two holes. At first I thought it was rail indentation, but upon closer inspection, they appear machined.  And since it was absent on the other, I had to ask. I know a lot of people here have 553's. I was hoping to verify if there are others with the two holes, as that's the better deal. Also wondering what the significance, if any, are they for? At first my mind thought, issued, a place to tie off to?  But that's doubtful because they are very tiny. Idk. Never held one so I just wanna be 100%. Thank you
View All Quotes

I couldn't find 2 holes that weren't on the other one and Stevie couldn't either. Where are they located in the pic?

ETA I think I do see what you're talking about now. But I wouldn't rely on those to say if real or fake cause its such a small thing and who knows. But everything else looks the same tho so I would guess they're both legit
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's my 553 for comparison

plus I added a poop stock

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Idk they look way off and just cheap to me but that could just be cause I'm used to the real thing. These are exact to the ones I had-

https://i.imgur.com/eVwN4ND.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EKJymwu.jpg
View All Quotes

Lol you’re good dude.

I can't quite get on board with the leprosy grip ;p.

I almost bought a couple of NOS A1s not too long ago, but the Brownells were a lot cheaper, lol.

Now, stop not liking what I like. Be one with the Brownells A1; let it wash over you.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#46]

I almost bought a couple of NOS A1s not too long ago, but the Brownells were a lot cheaper, lol.

Now, stop not liking what I like. Be one with the Brownells A1; let it wash over you.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.050318.NL-01.gif
View All Quotes

Lol you’re good dude.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.050318.NL-01.gif
LOL, that one looks a lot better. For whatever reason I hate the brown one tho. It looks bad. The black looks better
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Very nice!
Thanks for the pic. I found the one with the two little "anomalies" locally. I'll see it in person Saturday. It's tan, been painted, and it says nov 2014. Does anyone know if the issues that were reported with eo's, were from the 2014 era, or were they worked out by then? I ask because I live in a region with very cold winters, and one of the  553s i was lookin at, had been serviced and updated, plus the terminals were replaced and it comes with an extra replacement battery terminal. It's More expensive though. Not sure to if I should go cheaper with the painted local one or go for broke on the updated one? Thought?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Very nice!
Thanks for the pic. I found the one with the two little "anomalies" locally. I'll see it in person Saturday. It's tan, been painted, and it says nov 2014. Does anyone know if the issues that were reported with eo's, were from the 2014 era, or were they worked out by then? I ask because I live in a region with very cold winters, and one of the  553s i was lookin at, had been serviced and updated, plus the terminals were replaced and it comes with an extra replacement battery terminal. It's More expensive though. Not sure to if I should go cheaper with the painted local one or go for broke on the updated one? Thought?
View Quote
As long as the reticle is bright and you don't see any indications of delaminating anywhere in the FOV when you check it out, you should be good to go. I wouldn't be too concerned with the reported shift. I never noticed any shift with either of my old 553s, made in 2007 and 2010 respectively, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey, I’ve been lurking and lusting over your guys rifles for awhile now.  Finally feel like I have something worth posting. Forgive me if it doesn’t work.

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bduff:
Hey, I’ve been lurking and lusting over your guys rifles for awhile now.  Finally feel like I have something worth posting. Forgive me if it doesn’t work.

http://i68.tinypic.com/u3sxt.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/dvo8yx.jpg
View Quote
Dude, post pics of that gun with confidence! That’s a nice setup!
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1018 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top