AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1032 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

If it wasn't for being able to look at titty pics, I wouldn't have a smart phone.
View Quote
That's the only reason anyone ever gets a smart phone! As far as I know. And the mk18 thread I guess..mk18+titties, that's the website I want.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
My upper is out for delivery
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
That's the only reason anyone ever gets a smart phone! As far as I know. And the mk18 thread I guess..mk18+titties, that's the website I want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If it wasn't for being able to look at titty pics, I wouldn't have a smart phone.
I rarely check ARF on my phone. Exceptions are when I need to post a pic from my phone or I've gone through all of the Chive galleries while on my lunch break.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Literally this wait for the RC stamp is killing me, today or tomorrow based off all my other stamps timeline
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
You're a member, so this site does provide you with both. There is a BOTD thread where titties are allowed lol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I'm pretty sure they're overruns and not rejects. Although some could be. Pretty sure at least the bulk of them that came from Kerif were overruns
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Originally Posted By drago6:

mil or civ version?
Civ - couldn't get the Mil.  Well I guess I could get one used, but seems most avail to public are Mil rejects for one reason or another anyway.
Been a while since I've been in this thread and saw that you posted about rejects twice with regards to the Mil reticle versions in civilian hands. How would one go about seeing if they got a reject?

I bought my Gen 2-SU230 from a former employee from Knights Armament (bought while he was still working there) and he said they brought one in for testing on their guns so, just curious is all.
I'm pretty sure they're overruns and not rejects. Although some could be. Pretty sure at least the bulk of them that came from Kerif were overruns
Thanks Brother..
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Primary Arms has a sale on the G33's this weekend.  $430
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sbye:

You're a member, so this site does provide you with both. There is a BOTD thread where titties are allowed lol.
View Quote
I am aware of that. But what I meant to say was. Tits and mk18s in the same picture.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Primary Arms has a sale on the G33's this weekend.  $430
View Quote
Also has FDE EXPS3-0s for $534. Party on, fellas.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Exps?

Link Posted: 5/25/2018 7:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#11]

Got the KAC ambi installed in my “Gucci” Mk18.  Of course I stupidly snapped the pic with the pistol can covering it up.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#12]
^^^ That looks great! Nice build, compuvette.

Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know why some ris ii's have lot no. and date of manufacture, while others don't?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#14]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
^^^ That looks great! Nice build, compuvette.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1727/27485203687_52a0082b7a.jpg
View Quote
Very nice. I like your top down pic. Been seein more front end solo pics lately.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Very nice. I like your top down pic. Been seein more front end solo pics lately.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Does anyone know why some ris ii's have lot no. and date of manufacture, while others don't?
View Quote
Just changes in production in the last decade.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#17]

I am aware of that. But what I meant to say was. Tits and mk18s in the same picture.
View Quote

CD
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbye:

Sounds like the good makings of a BOTD thread.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Squirrel, please don't post a repeat from the m4a1 thread LOL
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
View Quote

In my defense, I was under the influence of Norco, Codine and Ambien.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

All that party is missing is the hookers and blow
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

Knew I was forgetting something.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/DSC02749_Jess.jpg

CD
View Quote
Whoever said CD doesn't deliver is dead wrong!
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 3:51:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Just changes in production in the last decade.
View Quote
Ok. So they just stopped doing it altogether at some point? I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Exps?

https://i.imgur.com/bdZygvw.jpg
View Quote
That's an awesome combo. The lmt, exps3, su233, and nt4 look fantastic together on that mod0!
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#26]
So i've been scanning through MK18 pics trying to decide on a lower for my build.

I have a Nodak A1 sitting around and I'm wondering if that would be kosher on a Block II. I don't remember seeing any specific in the wild pictures of one.
Anyone remember seeing anything like that?

I might do it anyway so I dont have to buy another lower, just curious if it was "correct" or not.

Also while I'm at it, whats the difference between the surefire 556RC and 556RC2?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Some Mk18 pr0n:

International Special Operations Forces Demo • Tampa 2018
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 4:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#28]
Originally Posted By Flyit14:
So i've been scanning through MK18 pics trying to decide on a lower for my build.

I have a Nodak A1 sitting around and I'm wondering if that would be kosher on a Block II. I don't remember seeing any specific in the wild pictures of one.
Anyone remember seeing anything like that?

I might do it anyway so I dont have to buy another lower, just curious if it was "correct" or not.

Also while I'm at it, whats the difference between the surefire 556RC and 556RC2?
View Quote
As far as the RC vs RC2 goes, endcap design and slightly different area inside locking collar for carbon build up, if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Fellow clone brethren, anyone happen to have an extra Colt "Pistol Grip Screw Lock Washer" (Part # SP90001) they don't need? I'll PayPal you $5 for it. Brownells is out and MidwayUSA says they're discontinued.

Link
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Fellow clone brethren, anyone happen to have an extra Colt "Pistol Grip Screw Lock Washer" (Part # SP90001) they don't need? I'll PayPal you $5 for it. Brownells is out and MidwayUSA says they're discontinued.

Link
View Quote
Hardware store?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Link
View Quote
Any hardware store will have those.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Cqbr Saturday. RC came home! Both are in their final form for the moment, add on time now. What say you @krdt

Link Posted: 5/27/2018 12:51:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#33]
Cqbr Saturday. RC came home! Both are in their final form for the moment, add on time now. What say you @krdt

https://i.imgur.com/9NjTG6Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8Hi6HU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oQgf69y.jpg
View Quote
Well... umm... I went shooting today. So, :p. Not quite as good as bringing home a new RC, but it'll have to do :\.

Not only that, but no more mismatched towels on my shooting table :D.

Now, since ATF is done putting all their best people on approving your goddamn F4s, maybe they can finally approve mine :\.

Of course, it goes without saying that is a fine looking pair of sound suppression devices there, mister. If this RC is ever set free, I need to get to work on getting some Taupe NT4 in my life.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I love this thing. Just got my gas buster charging handle, made a huge difference on the gas blowback.
Ordered a set of CQD sling mounts yesterday, now trying to find a Colt ambi safety that isn’t stupid expensive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#35]
So ran the MK18s today. Suppressed, they ate EVERYTHING. Unsuppressed, the block 2 ate m855, m193, and some norma 223. The mod 0, 855 good, 193 good, pmc and norma, not so much. I think the pmc was the big culprit, didn't pay attention like I should have. Running h2 buffers in both. H3 cure the problem?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By compuvette:
https://i.imgur.com/C0hu4lD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qny1gqM.jpg

Got the KAC ambi installed in my “Gucci” Mk18.  Of course I stupidly snapped the pic with the pistol can covering it up.  
View Quote
Ugh you're one state away and are able to use suppressors. I hate IL. Continue your can sexiness.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 5:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#37]
So ran the MK18s today. Suppressed, they ate EVERYTHING. Unsuppressed, the block 2 ate m855, m193, and some norma 223. The mod 0, 855 good, 193 good, pmc and norma, not so much. I think the pmc was the big culprit, didn't pay attention like I should have. Running h2 buffers in both. H3 cure the problem?
View Quote
If the Mod 0 is running suppressed, but not running the weaker ammo unsuppressed, the H3 is likely going to make it worse. I'm guessing the upper and BCG are new? If so, chances are good within 1000 rounds or so, it'll function fine both suppressed and unsuppressed using the H2 and weaker .223. If you want unsuppressed functionality with those rounds in the short term, I'd drop to an H until you get it broken in more (the gas port is going to start opening up incrementally the more rounds through it as well). Otherwise, just shoot suppressed for a few hundred rounds and try again. I'm willing to bet it'll be functioning fine once everything smooths out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 5:21:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#38]
Originally Posted By krdt:

If the Mod 0 is running suppressed, but not running the weaker ammo unsuppressed, the H3 is likely going to make it worse. I'm guessing the upper and BCG are new? If so, chances are good within 1000 rounds or so, it'll function fine both suppressed and unsuppressed using the H2 and weaker .223. If you want unsuppressed functionality with those rounds in the short term, I'd drop to an H until you get it broken in more (the gas port is going to start opening up incrementally the more rounds through it as well). Otherwise, just shoot suppressed for a few hundred rounds and try again. I'm willing to bet it'll be functioning fine once everything smooths out.
View Quote
Honestly that's kinda what I thought, but figured an opinion wouldn't hurt. I probably put 180 or so through it alone. Found out that my MFT mags I had sitting around for practice are basically useless for even sitting ejecting rounds sitting on the bench LOL. I did average 1in groups at 50 yards with the setup though, which I didn't think was terrible for not having huge amounts of time

Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Went a little overboard on the darker colors, oh well it will wear

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#40]
You crazyman... you've gone and done it now!

Looks good. Yeah, maybe a little heavy on the dark, but still looks pretty good. No paint on the poopy stock?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Looks good. Yeah, maybe a little heavy on the dark, but still looks pretty good. No paint on the poopy stock?
View Quote
Not sure it it's gonna stay on there, plus I like the shade of coyote
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Lol, I did the same exact thing with the saftey haha drove me nuts
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spooled:

Makes sense. In the first place, my preference is to start with a black base if I'm going to paint. I don't particularly like how FDE/tan/coyote looks when wearing through paint compared to black. Besides, kinda pointless to have a poopy stock only to paint over it ;p.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Slap some accessories on that puppy so we can see it in its full glory :D.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Slap some accessories on that puppy so we can see it in its full glory :D.
View Quote
I'll do it later, gonna just make a few swipes with tan before I build it. Been at softball tournament all weekend long and at a bbq now eating free food and drinking free beer
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#46]
It's definitely a little  dark on the receivers, but the rail looks pretty badass with the dark/light stripes. I'd copy how the rail turned out and call it good.

Eta- I too did the same thing with the safety selector. I learned now to just leave it where it is.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#47]
That looks awesome!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Added some tan onto the receivers, need to get some daylight pics.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Might be my new fav rattle canned CQBR!
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 12:13:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#50]
@spooled I would lighten up (re-spray) that rearmost tan streak on the extraction side of the gun and call it perfect. I love the color. A lot of brown overspray on that side of receiver still is all. But with that one streak re-done I think its perfection
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1032 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top