Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1162 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
In that state, missing the bottom locking screw, and without panels or a vfg, I'd list it/ pay up to no more than $130 to $150.  If it were complete with the screw, panel set and vfg, I'd list it in the low $200. So basically what an m4 ras would go for, plus $20-25. That's an average of what I've seen em for anyhow.
View Quote
Sweet, I have the other screw, all 7 panels, Vertical Grip and pouch. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I've found a few times in the ee where it's listed as an m4 ras, but when you check the pic it's an ris. Prices are always better when you find em like that. But nice score nonetheless!
View Quote
Yep, that's how I got my RIS
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

The issue is he didn't even try. He had an M4 RAS and that was it. No other clone correct parts and a non issued barrel length. You see what we are saying? Not a clone, not even close to a clone. 1 as issued part.
View Quote
Go tell this guy his 10.5 barrel is wrong and his Mk-18 is a fake.

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll tell him. Address?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By iNeXile556:

https://i.imgur.com/uu6u4W4.jpg
View Quote
Um, that's an actor (Bradley Cooper) and that's a movie prop gun. American Sniper was a great movie.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
That movie sucked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]
10.3 Colt barrels are back in stock at AU

looks like they have 60 of them
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

View Quote
Damn you!  Barrel ordered.  I have put this off for too long.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the gas port gtg on those, or do they still need to opened up?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#11]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You wont regret it lol. They are already down to 27 left within 20 minutes of updating their inventory.

I'd bet some of the other vendors make big purchases from AU then resell for $300-400 each.

Originally Posted By daojag:
Is the gas port gtg on those, or do they still need to opened up?
.070 ports, GTG
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#12]

You wont regret it lol. They are already down to 27 left within 20 minutes of updating their inventory.

I'd bet some of the other vendors make big purchases from AU then resell for $300-400 each.
View Quote
Yeah, I missed out on the last batch, and other sites were ridiculous.

Timing is great, I was going to shorten my 14.5 DD barrel I have in my OD green DD/Noveske build, but now I can make that one into my FBI HRT build.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, barrel ordered.  Not that there's anything wrong with my Andro upper that's going to the EE now, but I'm doing it right this time without paying $450 for the same barrel from CCC.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Other than it being a colt are there any benefits to that barrel over the standard DD that comes with the complete uppers?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#15]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
Other than it being a colt are there any benefits to that barrel over the standard DD that comes with the complete uppers?
View Quote
DD does not make complete upper for the FSB MK18 upper.  Just the CQBR upper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

The issue is he didn't even try. He had an M4 RAS and that was it. No other clone correct parts and a non issued barrel length. You see what we are saying? Not a clone, not even close to a clone. 1 as issued part.

You have gone off the reservation with this 10.5 shit. You haven't seen American Sniper? Seriously?

ETA I'm going to go ahead and guess you're trolling at this point.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SurtrsFire] [#17]

DD does not make complete upper for the FSB MK18 upper.  Just the CQBR upper.
View Quote
Oh my bad, didnt see it was FSB...

Carry on
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#18]
AU just sold $14,400 worth of barrels in about an hour and a half. That is crazy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#19]
AU just sold $14,400 worth of barrels in about an hour and a half. That is crazy.
View Quote
Were they 10.5? I need to go tell Bradley Cooper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Um, that's an actor (Bradley Cooper) and that's a movie prop gun. American Sniper was a great movie.
View Quote
You guys better check the batteries in your sarcasm meters.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Of course, the morning I decide to go do a little shooting would also be the morning AU gets more Colt 10.3s in stock :\.

I blame Bradley Cooper for this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#22]
G&R still has 10.3" Colt barrels. Coupon code COLT19 gets one down to $284.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#23]

You guys better check the batteries in your sarcasm meters.
View Quote

. . .

Speaking of new Colt factory 10.3" CQB FSP barrels, I picked one up from Thoroughbred Armament to swap in place of my cut down Colt 6920, which I also happened to get from them about 8 months ago. Yes, I paid more than you blokes who are picking them up from AU, but I'd like to think I lucked out because these weren't supposed to be F marked and mine is. TA even noted in their IG post about the barrels that they were not F marked. I checked with G&R just for comparison, and they also confirmed no F marks - saying that all Colt FSP barrels are now flat-top height and Colt is no longer marking them. In any case, I was pleasantly surprised that mine had the mark. Here are some pics. In the side-by-side comparisons, the cut down Colt barrel is the one with the raw, uncoated threads. It is a hair shorter than the factory 10.3".

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
G&R still has 10.3" Colt barrels. Coupon code COLT19 gets one down to $284.
View Quote
Thanks, didn't know about the discount.

If they had the stripped barrels in stock I'd probably grab one; the FSBs end up $297 shipped and I don't even need an FSB, lol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#25]

. . .

Speaking of new Colt factory 10.3" CQB FSP barrels, I picked one up from Thoroughbred Armament to swap in place of my cut down Colt 6920, which I also happened to get from them about 8 months ago. Yes, I paid more than you blokes who are picking them up from AU, but I'd like to think I lucked out because these weren't supposed to be F marked and mine is. TA even noted in their IG post about the barrels that they were not F marked. I checked with G&R just for comparison, and they also confirmed no F marks - saying that all Colt FSP barrels are now flat-top height and Colt is no longer marking them. In any case, I was pleasantly surprised that mine had the mark. Here are some pics. In the side-by-side comparisons, the cut down Colt barrel is the one with the raw, uncoated threads. It is a hair shorter than the factory 10.3".

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7853/46048203905_902f54c275_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7833/46909997222_eb89a58411_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7802/46909996892_b8b11867a3_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4868/32021126357_1aae68640a_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7850/39997710813_7bba64f931_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4856/46237667964_49ffc8875b_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7904/32021124107_5f1cf4449c_c.jpg
View Quote
If that shit is for realz your license plate, I quit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

View Quote
that plate is baller dude, what are you talking about
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

View Quote
Don’t hate the player, hate the game.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#28]

. . .

View Quote
I just received two of these barrels this afternoon from G&R. Both are F marked.

Side note: These are the oiliest barrels I've ever seen from Colt. Literally dripping.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#29]

I just received two of these barrels this afternoon from G&R. Both are F marked.

Side note: These are the oiliest barrels I've ever seen from Colt. Literally dripping.
View Quote
Right on! Yes, they were slathered in oil. The odor reminded me of Cosmoline.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe the F mark is making a comeback
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tnbigdawg] [#31]
I missed the last run on the AU Colt 10.3, but got lucky this time and snagged one up. I shoulda ordered 2-3 of them lol.

Top one has a chopped Colt barrel. Bottom one is a factory DDMK18 swapped with a DD .070" gas port barrel from those "contract overrun" days.

The cover for the Docter Optic was beat to sht. I ordered a replacement from Germany, but when it came in it had the new name "Noblex" on it . It did come with gummy bears though! I just ordered another one from Slovenia based on the pictures I've seen from the shop's website I ordered it from. I guess I could have contacted Docter USA to save me the trouble.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
I wondered about that also, mine had a ton of oil in the bag even.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#33]
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:
I missed the last run on the AU Colt 10.3, but got lucky this time and snagged one up. I shoulda ordered 2-3 of them lol.

Top one has a chopped Colt barrel. Bottom one is a factory DDMK18 swapped with a .070" gas port barrel from those "contract overrun" days.
https://i.imgur.com/hYzcxYZ.jpg

The cover for the Docter Optic was beat to sht. I ordered a replacement from Germany, but when it came in it had the new name "Noblex" on it . It did come with gummy bears though! I just ordered another one from Slovenia based on the pictures I've seen from the shop's website I ordered it from. I guess I could have contacted Docter USA to save me the trouble.
https://i.imgur.com/Y15bwSy.jpg
View Quote
Very nice!
ETA- makes me wanna paint my block ii. I've got a lot on my "need to paint list". Gotta clear a space in the garage or wait for the weather to improve.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#35]
Two things that make you a more patient person... NFA items and ordering things from TNVC. Two green eyes in about 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#36]
1162 pages!  Wow
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Very nice!
ETA- makes me wanna paint my block ii. I've got a lot on my "need to paint list". Gotta clear a space in the garage or wait for the weather to improve.
View Quote
I was about to say just do it outside, but then realized where you're from and being hit with that Polar Vortex and all .

At first I masked off the FDE RIS II and painted everything else. I kept looking at it for a couple of months and it just looked stupid, and so the other day I masked off the receivers and dusted on some paint on the rails to match the rest. It looks much better this way IMO.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Couple of rare pony bois

Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I think i know the answer to this but was the Taupe Nt4 ever issued or found on the cqbr in either mod?

Doing the paperwork tomorrow for mine and he has both taupe and black. Taupe looks cool but not sure id want to stray from correct.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Two things that make you a more patient person... NFA items and ordering things from TNVC. Two green eyes in about 6 weeks.
https://i.postimg.cc/FR8ZmRBd/5-AFAE2-DE-9-A63-472-D-A95-C-ADE56-CBCC1-B7.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Yeah the waiting sucks and now with the shutdown waiting on top of waiting
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:52:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#41]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
https://i.postimg.cc/FR8ZmRBd/5-AFAE2-DE-9-A63-472-D-A95-C-ADE56-CBCC1-B7.jpg
View Quote
Expensive choice. Should've bought used.

At least you'll get a 10 yr warrantee tho, that's nothing to sneeze at.

I'm hoping to get into a set of PVS-15's at some point this year. I can definitely pull it off with green tubes. Another WP filmless tube and the housing tho, 'spensive Holmes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

Nice! Yeah the waiting sucks and now with the shutdown waiting on top of waiting
View Quote
On a positive note I had another HK416 lower apporoved yesterday that I eformed dec 12th
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Couple of rare pony bois

https://i.imgur.com/KnsJdOe.jpg
View Quote
Property lower for the win
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:53:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#44]
Originally Posted By Functional419:
I think i know the answer to this but was the Taupe Nt4 ever issued or found on the cqbr in either mod?

Doing the paperwork tomorrow for mine and he has both taupe and black. Taupe looks cool but not sure id want to stray from correct.
View Quote
Taupe is correct. They're seen on CQBR Block IIs prior to Surefire winning the SOCOM contract. I think I recall seeing one on a Block I as well. Pretty common to see them on MARSOC Block II CQBRs. Here are a few:

Link Posted: 2/3/2019 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Are the newer DD Ris II rails the same as the older ones?

Gunbroker lists a few but the older ones seem to command a premium.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LRB45:

View Quote
Same rail, slightly different color. Newer one's are that darker brown color, old have the lighter bronzed kind of color too it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LRB45:

View Quote
There are differences in markings and there have been other small changes along the way. I believe early versions have a front hole size of 1.15" and later are 1.26". Of course, the very earliest RIS IIs had a slightly different bottom rail design as well; you'll notice the later versions have the holes removed forward of the front takedown screw (they had problems with the bottom rail bending). For that reason, you probably don't want the very earliest versions with the holes under the front takedown screw.

As far as price, the highest premium is usually for Savannah, GA marked RIS IIs that have a date code, and then Black Creek w/ date code. Current production lacks a date code, and there was also a change of the part number between early and current. Earlier Mk18 RIS IIs will be marked with "P/N DD-8020" and newer will be "P/N 01-004-8020."

You do still see lighter colored rails in current production due to the variation in anodizing, but it definitely is more common on the older rails (especially the more "bronze" shades). Some degree of "bronze" is also a result of age and use.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:22:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#48]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#49]
PST Gen II, interesting.

Thanks CD.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Dang it are you kidding me!  Missed it again, no clue why my in stock email notification didn’t come through?!

Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1162 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top