Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

I need more lights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

And those are just my lights that aren't assigned to anything and that I could fit, there's still more.

I'd say your "sidetrack" was still germane to the conversation.

I need more lights.

I went through a "phase" where I'd buy up pretty much any old SF light that was cheap for no reason what so ever.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I am working on a Mod O clone. Is there any Mod 0 that ever used the surefire socom can? Were parts mixed and matched?

I would love to supress it but I only have surefire cans.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I am working on a Mod O clone. Is there any Mod 0 that ever used the surefire socom can? Were parts mixed and matched?
I would love to supress it but I only have surefire cans.
View Quote

Mod0's with SF MDs are definitely a rarer variation, but they are out there. Typically they are seen with Kac M4QDs.
I've only seen documentation of Mod0s with just the SF muzzle device. (No can attached.)

Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:
https://i.imgur.com/wucFAH2.jpg

Dual SU230's so I can have both 1x and 4x on at the exact same time
View Quote

Low key FLEX
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:06:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#5]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Mod0's with SF MDs are definitely a rarer variation, but they are out there. Typically they are seen with Kac M4QDs.
I've only seen documentation of Mod0s with just the SF muzzle device. (No can attached.)
https://i.imgur.com/nCZdjjt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vMWfMcl.jpg

View Quote

Would that make it a mod 0.5?

I’ve been super bored at work and going down the cloner path.

God help my wallet.

Thanks for the pics. I searched and couldn’t find anything. These rifles truly are mutts
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Would that make it a mod 0.5?
I’ve been super bored at work and going down the cloner path.
God help my wallet.
Thanks for the pics. I searched and couldn’t find anything. These rifles truly are mutts
View Quote

There's really not a designation for them. Just a base 10.3 upper with block II accessories.
It's probably something an armorer cobbled together when standard parts were scarce or if the end user was working with a particular unit that only had certain accessories available.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]
In that first photo I noticed the guy with the block II has no buis. Is this common? Always thought that was essential?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:
In that first photo I noticed the guy with the block II has no buis. Is this common? Always thought that was essential?
View Quote

Shooter preference. Elcans have pretty short eye relief, shoving the su230 back gives a little more leeway so your not craning your neck to try to connect with the optic.

Check out this article Military Combat Applications by Jeff Gurwitch. He gives some more insight and setup combinations.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shad951] [#9]
Getting ready to buy a can for my Mk18 Mod 1 upper build since the build will be done by the time I wait for for my stamp to come back.  Host lower is a registered Colt M16A1 still in jail.  Hoping to stay clone correct if possible.  So are my choices either the Surefire Socom556-RC2 or the KAC 556QDSS-NT4?  Of those 2 cans which will be better fit and hold up better on FA gun?  Before I decided to build the Mk18 Mod1 clone I was looking at the SilencerCo Chimera 300 and Rugged Surge 7.62 to go on a 14.5" Socom Hb upper I already have.  Now that I am building the Mk18 Mod1 I am hoping one of the clone correct cans would work on both uppers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Sure about that?
DD complete uppers are out there in the wild.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/ECF0B604-7EAB-42D7-8E70-49366523B520_jpe-1484016.JPG
View Quote

Can confirm, there are some floating around.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:22:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#11]
In the wild...

Notice the 1/2 MLOK slot on the gun just to the right of the blue jacket.

MK16 9.3" rails = kosher(?)

Attachment Attached File

Mine:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#12]
@Bhavin22
https://i.imgur.com/nN8fvR7.jpg
Eta:

@UndrGrndPrdcts Lol barely fits, closest it's going to get.
https://i.imgur.com/3RvaYXd.jpg
View Quote

Bad ass I am guessing mine is the back one. Well used to be mine and already regretting it lol. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 10:11:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#13]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
In the wild...

Notice the 1/2 MLOK slot on the gun just to the right of the blue jacket.

MK16 rails = kosher(?)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/D28-DC089-8231-43-B1-A4-D4-B50322502-E19-1486046.JPG

Mine:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/IMG_20200416_152707_jpg-1486048.JPG

View Quote

Close up:

Attachment Attached File

Geissele MK16 9.3"
Attachment Attached File

EDIT:

Further digging states that these are PJs from the 48th Rescue Squadron.

Attachment Attached File

High-res image:

https://external-preview.redd.it/4UhEm5u7VrIK9o5SBG21-ewXa2JbHMZpdMAM5UM7LQE.jpg?auto=webp&s=4646319daf854d986740c62a5512698a1734299a
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Close up:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000000_10_04_31_AM_png-1486151.JPG

Geissele MK16 9.3"
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000001_10_05_58_AM_png-1486152.JPG

EDIT:

Further digging states that these are PJs from the 48th Rescue Squadron.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000002_10_14_12_AM_png-1486157.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for the research, I don’t know if this thread is still active but it would be good to dump that info in maybe?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/AFSOC-Para-Rescue-PJ-Unit-LVL-Purchase-carbine-discussion-thread/118-555403/?page=12
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Thanks for the research, I don’t know if this thread is still active but it would be good to dump that info in maybe?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/AFSOC-Para-Rescue-PJ-Unit-LVL-Purchase-carbine-discussion-thread/118-555403/?page=12
View Quote

@-KentuckyWindage-

Done.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]

@-KentuckyWindage-

Done.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I think a lot of people like the G MK8s but aren’t the MK16s the rails that had the issues?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#18]
Originally Posted By shad951:
Getting ready to buy a can for my Mk18 Mod 1 upper build since the build will be done by the time I wait for for my stamp to come back.  Host lower is a registered Colt M16A1 still in jail.  Hoping to stay clone correct if possible.  So are my choices either the Surefire Socom556-RC2 or the KAC 556QDSS-NT4?  Of those 2 cans which will be better fit and hold up better on FA gun?  Before I decided to build the Mk18 Mod1 clone I was looking at the SilencerCo Chimera 300 and Rugged Surge 7.62 to go on a 14.5" Socom Hb upper I already have.  Now that I am building the Mk18 Mod1 I am hoping one of the clone correct cans would work on both uppers.
View Quote

Technically, it's the SF SOCOM556-RC or the NT4; if you want to get specific, the latter would be for cloning an older CQBR or a current MARSOC CQBR (MARSOC being the only ones currently still using NT4s). If you can't find an RC, then I suppose the RC2 would be your closest bet.

As far as which I'd choose for a FA (or any high volume gun), it'd be the RC, no question. First and foremost, the RC/RC2 can be rebuilt and for a reasonable cost, which isn't an option for the NT4. That puts replacement/rebuild costs at around $300-$600 for an RC/RC2 with a turnaround in a few weeks compared to around $1700 for an NT4 plus having to wait for ATF approval again. The RC has a much thicker blast baffle than the NT4 as well. In other words, you should get more life out of an RC/RC2 and have the option to rebuild it. If you're putting heavy volume through either, you will be replacing or rebuilding it eventually.

If cost is no issue, just buy two NT4s and put in for a fresh one when you burn out the first ;D.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:
I think a lot of people like the G MK8s but aren’t the MK16s the rails that had the issues?
View Quote

This isn't a Geissele, URG-I, MK8, MK16, or AFSOC thread. EVEN if it has a 10.3" barrel.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slayer_Actual] [#20]
View Quote

I never had back ups on my gat my entire time in Ranger Bn. Id be hard pressed to name anyone else who did either. I wasn't even using an elcan but an eotech and magnifier. Its wasn't even something I thought of to be honest.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

No front either. As mentioned, no room for a rear.

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JoeBud:
https://i.imgur.com/DTnfU5H.jpg
View Quote

Sweet pic.
Looks like an HD marked Su230, cool.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#23]
Originally Posted By Slayer_Actual:

I never had back ups on my gat my entire time in Ranger Bn. Id be hard pressed to name anyone else who did either. I wasn't even using an elcan but an eotech and magnifier. Its wasn't even something I thought of to be honest.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slayer_Actual:

Well shit. Thanks for the info.

My rig is starting to add on some weight and was thinking of ways to cut back on some. First thing was to run a m300/m340 rather than my m640. Starting to think maybe I should get rid of my buis altogether. I’m running an exps3-0 and magnifier currently.

Originally Posted By JoeBud:

https://i.imgur.com/DTnfU5H.jpg

Is the Elcan lighter than the exps3-0 + magnifier combo?

Btw, is that the Wilcox magnifier Mount in front of the elcan?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Well shit. Thanks for the info.

My rig is starting to add on some weight and was thinking of ways to cut back on some. First thing was to run a m300/m340 rather than my m640. Starting to think maybe I should get rid of my buis altogether. I’m running an exps3-0 and magnifier currently.

Btw, is that the Wilcox magnifier Mount in front of the elcan?
View Quote

Wilcox flip is for skeetir/utm
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Wilcox flip is for skeetir/utm
View Quote

Well damn....
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeBud] [#26]
View All Quotes

Sorry, can’t help. Not my rig.

Sweet pic.
Looks like an HD marked Su230, cool.

Correct.

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Guys i have a Geissele Golden Ticket that allows you to purchase the Surefire RC1 FDE directly from Surefire for your clone build in the "nfa firearms and parts" section of the EE.
Figured i'd give you clone guys a heads up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Technically, it's the SF SOCOM556-RC or the NT4; if you want to get specific, the latter would be for cloning an older CQBR or a current MARSOC CQBR (MARSOC being the only ones currently still using NT4s). If you can't find an RC, then I suppose the RC2 would be your closest bet.

As far as which I'd choose for a FA (or any high volume gun), it'd be the RC, no question. First and foremost, the RC/RC2 can be rebuilt and for a reasonable cost, which isn't an option for the NT4. That puts replacement/rebuild costs at around $300-$600 for an RC/RC2 with a turnaround in a few weeks compared to around $1700 for an NT4 plus having to wait for ATF approval again. The RC has a much thicker blast baffle than the NT4 as well. In other words, you should get more life out of an RC/RC2 and have the option to rebuild it. If you're putting heavy volume through either, you will be replacing or rebuilding it eventually.

If cost is no issue, just buy two NT4s and put in for a fresh one when you burn out the first ;D.
View Quote

Appreciate the reply.  The SF is my fav out of the two I mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Out celebrating America's birthday earlier today at our local sheen gun shoot 🇺🇸

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Hope everyone is having a safe 4th July and remembering the sacrifices to those that started this great nation.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Popped some smoke grenades and now getting ready for some 40mm Red/Green Star, Pen flares and multiple types of star clusters.

CD
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#31]
@combat_diver I notice you favor the mk18/fsb variant. Any reason for that?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
@combat_diver I notice you favor the mk18/fsb variant. Any reason for that?
View Quote

Both have their advantages.  FSB for carrying as its lighter, shooting the URG as it is faster on targets with the T1.

CD
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Both have their advantages.  FSB for carrying as its lighter, shooting the URG as it is faster on targets with the T1.

CD
View Quote

I don’t know what it is about the fsb. I just like the classic look I guess. I had to make another upper to have both though. Do most that have t1’s use a daniel defense mount or has there been larues as well?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#34]

I don’t know what it is about the fsb. I just like the classic look I guess. I had to make another upper to have both though. Do most that have t1’s use a daniel defense mount or has there been larues as well?
View Quote

Same here...always been partial to the classic A2 FSB...getting ready to build another Mod 0 upper with the drop in KAC RAS this time, instead of the FF KAC RAS.  Especially on longer rifles, I stick with the A2 FSB.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I actually shoot the 10.3" URG (DD RIS II) more as after 2.5 yrs just rebarreled her.  Believe more Larue mounts are used.  Only reason I ordered my DD was I was able to get is shipped OCONUS due to ITAR (personal mount).

CD
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I posted this before but recently swapped out the rail, and put a Comp m3 instead of 2 (due to battery life). Also added the G trigger and stock. The light is too big but at the moment it’s all I have.

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Ditched the KAC sights. Month 6 of my RC2 wait, probably 6 more to go.

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#39]
That T2 looks nice on the Scalarworks mount.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#40]
To those who run a Block 2 Mk18 with a Kac NT4, how easy is it attaching and detaching the NT4 with rail being so close? I am currently in the process of getting parts for my Block ll build while my NT4 sits in Jail.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By coltons21:
To those who run a Block 2 Mk18 with a Kac NT4, how easy is it attaching and detaching the NT4 with rail being so close? I am currently in the process of getting parts for my Block ll build while my NT4 sits in Jail.
View Quote

No issue at all with the rail.

Now, if you mount a light (or 99051) overhanging so the NT4 can't be rotated when unlatched... that'll make it a good bit more difficult to remove. On my NT4 CQBR, I mount the light flush with the rail so I can fully rotate with the latch extended and let the carbon cutter do its job.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
View Quote

Thanks man. I figured T2’s have been used. Scalarworks mounts have been used. It’s only a matter of time before a T2 in a scalarworks mount is used.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

Thanks man. I figured T2’s have been used. Scalarworks mounts have been used. It’s only a matter of time before a T2 in a scalarworks mount is used.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

I'm going to put one on mine as well since they have the 1.93. Just need to find one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Getting further and further away from an issued Cqbr
May have to start posting in the Mini Rec Thread
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#45]
https://i.imgur.com/5IbPsoK.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#46]
https://i.imgur.com/5IbPsoK.jpg
View Quote

Just go..
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks KRDT,  appreciate your response.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:04:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shad951] [#48]
PSA for in stock FN SOCOM 10.3" barrel.   I just got this in today for my upcoming MK18 MOD1 build.    If anyone is interested in one of these shoot me a IM and I will send you link to the vendor.  They are not a site sponsor so did not want to post it here.  My first time buying from them and they seem GTG.

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Do military barrels with the KAC M4QD use the KAC 7-piece shim kit or a crush washer?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Do military barrels with the KAC M4QD use the KAC 7-piece shim kit or a crush washer?
View Quote

Shims for suppressor mounts.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1362 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top