Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1364 of 1572)
Page / 1572
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By truedef:
Is there anything that is clone correct besides the PRI ch?
View Quote

A standard Colt CH is probably the most common. Some NG guns had Raptors as a unit purchase, but not an issued part.

Clone considerations aside, a Gas Buster with a combat latch is hard to beat if you're shooting suppressed. The current production with solid latch pins is a great CH.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50097459806_cc3f7e69ce_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50097449881_afe6a8515d_b.jpg

To make things perfectly clear. The location of the circular engraving is off slightly more than the allowed tolerances of the proper pin location in relationship to its ability to function. It is also off of the proper center line on both sides. Therefore, technically speaking, it isn't a marking for a fake sear pin. It is merely a circular engraving that I thought would look nifty. Replica-Semi Only marked as a secondary precaution. Because techincally, if the circular engraving is concerning, it is marked in accordance to it function.
View Quote

Looks great.

We’re those the files I sent? Who did the engraving/anodizing?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:

Looks great.

We’re those the files I sent? Who did the engraving/anodizing?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
View Quote

Sort of. I modified them a bit.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Gave my buddy the one I had so I need to grab another 9” ball end 5/32 hex tool for the RIS II.  Eklind or Bondhus?
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Gave my buddy the one I had so I need to grab another 9” ball end 5/32 hex tool for the RIS II.  Eklind or Bondhus?
View Quote

I vote bondhus since they're a mn company. Otherwise they will give you same results.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Both are good, but I give the nod towards Bondhus.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 6:41:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#7]
View Quote

I like the Bondhus
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Bondhus it is!  Thank you
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 12:14:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#9]
Bondhus it is!  Thank you
View Quote

Dont forget proto!
J4905BD
They have em on amazon
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Testin' dat SMP842 (M855A1 powder).

I like it so far. Not 100% confirmed, but it seems like it might be a bit less temp sensitive than WC844. In any case, the range between functional and pressure signs is definitely much broader than my current 844, that's for sure. Accuracy was decent although not quite as good as my best node with 844 (1.6moa vs. 1moa). Gonna need to do more testing regardless, but not too worried about the accuracy; it was pretty windy and I think I was a little off my game. There are at least two charge weights that I'm betting will tighten up on retesting.

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
It was nice to actually step foot into the nra range and shoot again...

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By krdt:

I like it so far. Not 100% confirmed, but it seems like it might be a bit less temp sensitive than WC844. In any case, the range between functional and pressure signs is definitely much broader than my current 844, that's for sure. Accuracy was decent although not quite as good as my best node with 844 (1.6moa vs. 1moa). Gonna need to do more testing regardless, but not too worried about the accuracy; it was pretty windy and I think I was a little off my game. There are at least two charge weights that I'm betting will tighten up on retesting.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.063020.SMP842-Testing-RS-04.jpg
View Quote

Hows it stack up to CFE223. That is my favorite powder.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.063020.SMP842-Testing-RS-04.jpg

It's essentially a faster burning CFE223; has the same "Copper Fouling Eraser" additives (which has created some confusion with people thinking it was CFE223). It's sorta like H335/WC844 with CFE.

It's supposed to be faster burning than WC844 (say around H322), but surplus lots vary so much that's not a given. Currently, the lot of WC844 I have is a good bit faster than this SMP842 lot, but that's probably on average not the case. If you're looking for a good powder for bulk 55gr or 62gr, it's hard to beat along with WC844. I've heard it even performs well with 75/77gr, but I've yet to test that (and it'd likely come down to the individual lot). Either way, at $14/lb or less delivered, I have zero complaints.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#14]

It's essentially a faster burning CFE223; has the same "Copper Fouling Eraser" additives (which has created some confusion with people thinking it was CFE223). It's sorta like H335/WC844 with CFE.

It's supposed to be faster burning than WC844 (say around H322), but surplus lots vary so much that's not a given. Currently, the lot of WC844 I have is a good bit faster than this SMP842 lot, but that's probably on average not the case. If you're looking for a good powder for bulk 55gr or 62gr, it's hard to beat along with WC844. I've heard it even performs well with 75/77gr, but I've yet to test that (and it'd likely come down to the individual lot). Either way, at $14/lb or less delivered, I have zero complaints.
View Quote

Where you getting it for that price? Link?

I just got 24lbs of CFE223. I load 26.0 grains over 55gr projectiles for plinking and they work really well

Is it the same as WC842?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 11:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#15]

I just got 24lbs of CFE223. I load 26.0 grains over 55gr projectiles for plinking and they work really well

Is it the same as WC842?
View All Quotes

Is it the same as WC842?

Yep, they usually list it as WC842 or MP842. Not sure if anyone has any in stock currently, but American Reloading is usually the best option. Sign up for their newsletter as they do 10%-15%+ codes fairly regularly.

My current load is Hornady 55gr over 20.5gr of WC844 as a summer load (22.5gr otherwise). Not sure what I'll settle on with the 842, but the best accuracy so far was 19.5gr (suppressed cycling only) and 23.5gr.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:

https://i.ibb.co/CsFFjZj/9073-D256-6-B41-4-BF4-82-EC-CE74-C8176-F6-F.jpg
View Quote

Come down to Quantico and do some shooting
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Yep, they usually list it as WC842 or MP842. Not sure if anyone has any in stock currently, but American Reloading is usually the best option. Sign up for their newsletter as they do 10%-15%+ codes fairly regularly.

My current load is Hornady 55gr over 20.5gr of WC844 as a summer load (22.5gr otherwise). Not sure what I'll settle on with the 842, but the best accuracy so far was 19.5gr (suppressed cycling only) and 23.5gr.
View Quote

I will have to keep an eye out for them. I get CFE223 for approximately $170 per 8lb. but the stuff you have seems to be pretty cheap when you buy in bulk. I ain't scurred to buy 32lb at a time LoL!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Barrels I ordered from the company that shall no longer be named came in a USPS priority bubble mailer, no packing material at all lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Shit, I've yet to see a box or bubble wrap out of AU. Maybe somebody there has it out for me?

Eta: Now I will say this, my bbls from SAC never shipped in boxes either. But the man does wrap them in multiple padded envelopes , it takes ~5  minutes to get down to the goodness hidden inside.

Barrels I ordered from the company that shall no longer be named came in a USPS priority bubble mailer, no packing material at all lol.

Yeah just to pile on the dead horse here...

I got three of the CAGE code uppers and two Colt BCG's from AU. All items where in plastic bags and stuffed into one bubble envelope. No bubble wrap or paper to separate the items in the envelope! Needless to say all the uppers suffered some cosmetic damage, steel BCG's -versus- alloy uppers. One section of pic rail really go tore up though so I'm upset about that. Bubble wrap seems like a no brainer to me. I sent a note to CS so hopefully they reply, not holding my breath though. They were offering free shipping so I should have placed five individual orders.

I did get two Cerro Forge uppers so I am stoked about that...
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]

I will have to keep an eye out for them. I get CFE223 for approximately $170 per 8lb. but the stuff you have seems to be pretty cheap when you buy in bulk. I ain't scurred to buy 32lb at a time LoL!
View All Quotes

The only downside to surplus/pulldown powder is having to start from scratch and work up a new load for each lot--you can't just use data from a manual and assume it'll be good. That isn't a big deal to me since I buy 32lbs at a time and the savings is entirely worth the minor hassle of doing a ladder every 10k or so (no way I could load for 13-14 CPR with commercial powder). But, yeah... for that reason alone, buying in bulk is about the only way it makes sense.

Doing a ladder every 8lbs or whatever would be a pain in the ass (not to mention wasting a bunch of components and time).
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#20]

https://i.ibb.co/CsFFjZj/9073-D256-6-B41-4-BF4-82-EC-CE74-C8176-F6-F.jpg
View Quote

Do you have to be an NRA member to shoot there?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Is it just me or does everyone get spammed with scammer shit every time they get on ar15.com now. Every time I come here it gives me this billionth google search prize scam.  Admins need to get this sorted, or I need to dump this phone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:

Do you have to be an NRA member to shoot there?
View Quote

You do not. I think you pay a little more for range time for non members but the facility is nice. You can also check out the museum while you wait or after you shoot. It’s a cool incentive to go. But they said it won’t be open till phase 5.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FoxMulder:
Is it just me or does everyone get spammed with scammer shit every time they get on ar15.com now. Every time I come here it gives me this billionth google search prize scam.  Admins need to get this sorted, or I need to dump this phone.
View Quote

It's an alien conspiracy ... to get you to buy a membership.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Do a search for how to get rid of that.  It's a common piece of malware out there right now.  Depending on platform, there are fairly quick fixes to get rid of that stuff.  Has nothing to do with Gulag, or this site.  They're just exploiting your phone.  You're not the only one in the country.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#25]

ETA:
Originally Posted By 100roundclipazine:
Did you put the wmx on yet or are you posting this side to hide that you are impure of heart?
View Quote

Lol
There was a moment where I was led astray.. but I have been purified by the Cqbr gods once again.
@100roundclipazine
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
https://i.imgur.com/zANhFXa.jpg
View Quote

Did you put the wmx on yet or are you posting this side to hide that you are impure of heart?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Changed a few things. Waiting on a G33, tailcap and a duel switch and I'll be rattle canning it again.

Dont worry the WMX is safe on the Block II.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. You have malware on your computer or browser, it has nothing to do with this site or the "admins". This also has nothing to do with Mk 18s. There's plenty of site/help sections on the forum for this stuff.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. You have malware on your computer or browser, it has nothing to do with this site or the "admins". This also has nothing to do with Mk 18s. There's plenty of site/help sections on the forum for this stuff.
View Quote

What do you expect with a user name like that?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

What do you expect with a user name like that?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#32]

ETA:

Lol
There was a moment where I was led astray.. but I have been purified by the Cqbr gods once again.
@100roundclipazine
https://i.imgur.com/brS5t2g.jpg
View All Quotes

ETA:

Lol
@100roundclipazine
https://i.imgur.com/brS5t2g.jpg

Carry on...

Originally Posted By LsuJon:

Changed a few things. Waiting on a G33, tailcap and a duel switch and I'll be rattle canning it again.

https://i.imgur.com/mpRIhSP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bUG4g0T.jpg

You on the other hand. Put that CTR, wmx, and a2 on before I call the police.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Updated family pic since the .300 SPS came in. First shots through it brought a smile to me and my dads face. Didn’t realize how quiet it makes .308. Gotta get some more now haha
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By leemore:
Updated family pic since the .300 SPS came in. First shots through it brought a smile to me and my dads face. Didn’t realize how quiet it makes .308. Gotta get some more now haha
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91485/8FE3DF2E-313A-4D72-A484-E22BF4DCD258_jpe-1506016.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#35]

https://i.imgur.com/mpRIhSP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bUG4g0T.jpg

View Quote

at first i thought it was a sopmod stock but its missing the battery holders... i agree. CTR > that
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Carry on...

https://memeguy.com/photos/images/me-trying-to-talk-to-the-cute-girl-in-class-40801.gif
View All Quotes

Carry on...

https://memeguy.com/photos/images/me-trying-to-talk-to-the-cute-girl-in-class-40801.gif

at first i thought it was a sopmod stock but its missing the battery holders... i agree. CTR > that

The sopmod bravo has become my favorite stock. To me it's the middle ground between the CTR and original Sopmod.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey guys. New to this thread. I’m thinking strongly about starting a MK18 Block II build. Kevin over at High caliber sales has done right by me with a MK12 build in the past and saw he does the uppers for the MK18 as well, so my initial thought is to let him handle more business for me. I did notice a statement on his website regarding the DD rail. He’s stating that DD isn’t making the MK18 RIS anymore, but I jumped over to their website and it appears to be in stock, but no other site has stock, so I wondered if you good folks had any idea as to whether or not they have discontinued it or not. I’ve done the clone thing in the past as I have a MK13 Mod 5 and a MK12 Mod 1, so I’m excited to learn more about this platform as well. It’ll be my first SBR. Thanks for the help and advice!
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#38]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
Hey guys. New to this thread. I’m thinking strongly about starting a MK18 Block II build. Kevin over at High caliber sales has done right by me with a MK12 build in the past and saw he does the uppers for the MK18 as well, so my initial thought is to let him handle more business for me. I did notice a statement on his website regarding the DD rail. He’s stating that DD isn’t making the MK18 RIS anymore, but I jumped over to their website and it appears to be in stock, but no other site has stock, so I wondered if you good folks had any idea as to whether or not they have discontinued it or not. I’ve done the clone thing in the past as I have a MK13 Mod 5 and a MK12 Mod 1, so I’m excited to learn more about this platform as well. It’ll be my first SBR. Thanks for the help and advice!
View Quote

They are absolutely not discontinued.

There was a point in time many years ago where DD wasn't selling the RIS II rails on the civilian market because of the large orders they needed to fill but that time has long passed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#39]

There was a point in time many years ago where DD wasn't selling the RIS II rails on the civilian market because of the large orders they needed to fill but that time has long passed.
View Quote

I had a feeling that was the case. Kevin crushes these clone builds but from time to time he doesn’t update his site so much.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#40]

I had a feeling that was the case. Kevin crushes these clone builds but from time to time he doesn’t update his site so much.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I wouldn't go with HCS. Nothing against them personally but they haven't updated their website since 2019, put LMT 10.5" barrels on their Mk18/CQBR uppers, and are $1550 for an URG. Yeah, no.

Is it that you don't have the tools to build it yourself?

As for the Mk18 RIS II, subscribe to every back in stock notification you can find and search the EE and Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I wouldn't go with HCS. Nothing against them personally but they haven't updated their website since 2019, put LMT 10.5" barrels on their Mk18/CQBR uppers, and are $1550 for an URG. Yeah, no.

As for the Mk18 RIS II, subscribe to every back in stock notification you can find and search the EE and Gunbroker.
View All Quotes

I think you mean 2001.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Desperately in need of a G33.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#44]

https://i.imgur.com/D4Bk6si.jpg
View Quote

Oof that paint job.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Oof that paint job.
View Quote
Don't hate, I didn't wanna do another laundry bag rifle.  Luckily in a few range trips it'll be largely gone.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#46]

https://i.imgur.com/D4Bk6si.jpg
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't hate, I didn't wanna do another laundry bag rifle.  Luckily in a few range trips it'll be largely gone.
View Quote

Nah it looks good man.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Yeah Kevin has been toning the business down over the last couple of years so that could be the explanation for the outdated webpage. I had Kevin build my MK12 mod 1 upper late last year and it came through perfectly. I’ve also used him for suppressor sales a couple times now, so he’s done right by me. I did see the 10.5” LMT barrel. I understand that a colt barrel is clone correct. Are there any other variations in the barrel. In theory I guess I could piece it together myself and have my local smith take care of the build. The only question there would be what’s the benefit? Does it save money to put towards that expensive knights suppressor. I could see the upside there. Any thoughts or advice?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Yeah Kevin has been toning the business down over the last couple of years so that could be the explanation for the outdated webpage. I had Kevin build my MK12 mod 1 upper late last year and it came through perfectly. I’ve also used him for suppressor sales a couple times now, so he’s done right by me. I did see the 10.5” LMT barrel. I understand that a colt barrel is clone correct. Are there any other variations in the barrel. In theory I guess I could piece it together myself and have my local smith take care of the build. The only question there would be what’s the benefit? Does it save money to put towards that expensive knights suppressor. I could see the upside there. Any thoughts or advice?
View All Quotes

I'll assemble it for you if you pay shipping.

It depends on how correct you want to be but the issued barrel is a Colt M4 barrel cut to 10.3" and dimpled for the Mk12 gas block or an FN 10.3" heavy barrel (found on newer CQBRs). Upper receiver is anything USGI so older issued Colt, FN, etc. Older URG would have an M4QD, newer would have a SureFire 4 prong.

You could but a Colt 6920 URG, DD or Badger Mk12 gas block, DD Mk18 RIS II, muzzle device of choice, have Compass Lake Engineering cut the barrel down, and have a really good base for a clone. The only way you wouldn't save money is if you were paying a lot for shipping from various places. However, even if it is the same price or more, you'll get a better clone than you could buy already made from anywhere else.
Page / 1572
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1364 of 1572)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top