Aervoe sand and field drab
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Originally Posted By Petes1552:
Painted stock:

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/F6C66EA5-0929-4B2D-950D-0427413CD90C_zpsoliikic1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/F6C66EA5-0929-4B2D-950D-0427413CD90C_zpsoliikic1.jpg</a>

Looks good.  Krylon?

Aervoe sand and field drab

Aervoe is the shit.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JimboJones1:

Being $300 during black friday didn't help with keeping that sucker in stock.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Goddammit. Now rainierarms.com is calling and saying the DD 10" FDE RIS II is on backorder (ordered 1.5 weeks ago). When it rains it pours.

Honestly, this really pisses me off with these big retailers and it's the reason why, over the last 3 years or so, I've only been buying used gear off of the EE or shopping locally. I have no idea why in the modern computer age, they can't create a website that meshes with actual inventory in real time. When I place an order and pay for my goods there should be an actual item on the other end at the point of that sale. If the last one was sold 20 seconds before I hit "PayNow", then I should get an immediate 'I'm sorry, transaction canceled' type message. Paying for an item and expecting it to ship the following day and then getting an email two weeks later (after you've been checking the mail every day) telling you that you just wasted two weeks that you could have been shopping elsewhere for it, is unacceptable and it get's old.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
MK18 upper $930        
View Quote

That's not a bad price at all. MSRP for that upper is $1149
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#4]
Originally Posted By boneislandphoto:

Honestly, this really pisses me off with these big retailers and it's the reason why, over the last 3 years or so, I've only been buying used gear off of the EE or shopping locally. I have no idea why in the modern computer age, they can't create a website that meshes with actual inventory in real time. When I place an order and pay for my goods there should be an actual item on the other end at the point of that sale. If the last one was sold 20 seconds before I hit "PayNow", then I should get an immediate 'I'm sorry, transaction canceled' type message. Paying for an item and expecting it to ship the following day and then getting an email two weeks later (after you've been checking the mail every day) telling you that you just wasted two weeks that you could have been shopping elsewhere for it, is unacceptable and it get's old.
View All Quotes
Goddammit. Now rainierarms.com is calling and saying the DD 10" FDE RIS II is on backorder (ordered 1.5 weeks ago). When it rains it pours.

Preach it. Here's the kicker--I even received a shipment notification from them on Monday morning. FedEx tracking number and label, the whole nine yards...  
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaston4] [#5]
Preach it. Here's the kicker--I even received a shipment notification from them on Monday morning. FedEx tracking number and label, the whole nine yards...  
View All Quotes

+1

ETA: Realized he was talking about the DD rails and not the PRI GBs
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gaston4:

+1

ETA: Realized he was talking about the DD rails and not the PRI GBs
View Quote
I'm actually talking about both. Got shafted by both entities today

Pic thread for Christ's sake--

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Did anyone else order the gas buster charging handle from LWRC?

I ordered on 12/1 and still haven't received tracking info yet.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:15:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#8]
MK18 upper $930        
View All Quotes
MK18 upper $930        

I got mine for $892, shipped.  How'd I do?

ETA:
Originally Posted By AR15USA:

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Ordered mine on Black Friday and hadn't heard anything as of yesterday so I called and cancelled my order. Luckily I found one on eBay with the textured latch for a lot less so it all worked out in the end
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Goodbye Mk.18 brethren. Another one of my clones heads to the EE. First the Block II and now this. I'm a Block 1/1.5 guy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Ordered a Gas Buster from LWRCI on 12/1 around 4pm cst, called today to check status and was told they were OOS when I ordered and won't be getting more. They did ship the $63 KAC flash hider I ordered at the same time today though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

ETA:

View All Quotes
MK18 upper $930        

ETA:

I remember when they were $699 or $799 from AIM a few years ago & that's before the laser engraving on the left side of the upper.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SaltySourdough:

Ordered a Gas Buster from LWRCI on 12/1 around 4pm cst, called today to check status and was told they were OOS when I ordered and won't be getting more. They did ship the $63 KAC flash hider I ordered at the same time today though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SaltySourdough:

So basically I can expect not to get mine.  You know people give PSA shit for shipping slow, but at least when they say you bought something they actually ship it to you, albeit with a horse and buggy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

I remember when they were $699 or $799 from AIM a few years ago & that's before the laser engraving on the left side of the upper.
View All Quotes
MK18 upper $930        

ETA:

Yeah, seems like all of their uppers and rifles used to be a good bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
MK18 upper $930        

ETA:

Blame it on this thread

But in all seriousness, the engraving is annoying, any serious cloner knows that they have to strip the upper and reinstall a non engraved upper receiver
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quick question about Block II CQBR bolts:  I understand that the MK18 Mod 0 had a one-piece McFarland gas ring and, if my understanding is correct, a stronger extractor spring and the extractor o-ring.

Do Block II CQBR bolts generally come with these same upgrades also? I'm trying to make this new build of mine as "to-spec" as practical (minus a happy switch) because my OCD wouldn't have it any other way.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]

But in all seriousness, the engraving is annoying, any serious cloner knows that they have to strip the upper and reinstall a non engraved upper receiver
View Quote

That's what I did. Bought a Colt upper from Brownells to get rid of the DD and Bullet 556.....plus, you get the Colt "C" stamp.
In making that swap, I now have the DD upper receiver, and a black DD mk18 rail. I thought about putting together a .300 Blackout upper.  Any good way to get rid of the white lettering/anodizing on the DD upper. I know paint, but is there anything that does a decent job besides paint of covering it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]
No fuckin wonder! i was loking at my account and wondering what happened to my PRI GB chargng handle and why i wasnt charged yet, that really pisses me off. Fuck it, just chalk it up to another place i wont buy again, that company should at least honor the price charged and send them out to people who paid for em.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I too ordered and have not heard anything.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
No fuckin wonder! i was loking at my account and wondering what happened to my PRI GB chargng handle and why i wasnt charged yet, that really pisses me off. Fuck it, just chalk it up to another place i wont buy again, that company should at least honor the price charged and send them out to people who paid for em.
View Quote

I can almost guarantee they were selling old stock and either at or below cost, which is exactly why they won't back order them. It's a shitty situation but I cannot blame them for trying to run a successful business
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Magpul CTR is clone approved, why do we see so few of them?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: warpig] [#22]
View Quote

There are a ton of CTRs in service throughtout the mil & not just on SOF carbines. As to why there might be a perceived few in this thread or elsewhere on arfcom is speculation. Stock bodies are very heavily user preference.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I cannot speak for anybody else, but for me, it's about cheek weld. I've been putting a personally owned SOPMOD on my issued M4 for about the last seven years because I like it so much. That said, I don't have anything against CTR's, they're just not for me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:12:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tmender03] [#24]
Quick question about Block II CQBR bolts:  I understand that the MK18 Mod 0 had a one-piece McFarland gas ring and, if my understanding is correct, a stronger extractor spring and the extractor o-ring.

Do Block II CQBR bolts generally come with these same upgrades also? I'm trying to make this new build of mine as "to-spec" as practical (minus a happy switch) because my OCD wouldn't have it any other way.  

View Quote

Way I understand it, standard gold extractor spring, no O-ring, and standard gas rings. I guess they did that for a while, but not anymore (or so I'm told). I believe that this topic came up few months back before I built mine, it's got standard Colt rings and gold Colt extractor spring, works just fine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Mine has one for weight, they're common among Rangers for their 14.5" rifles as well as CQBRs too, in both black and tan. That said, I do like my SOPMOD's cheekweld and battery storage.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:44:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#26]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

I cannot speak for anybody else, but for me, it's about cheek weld. I've been putting a personally owned SOPMOD on my issued M4 for about the last seven years because I like it so much. That said, I don't have anything against CTR's, they're just not for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

For me it's the same.  The cheek weld with a B5 or LMT SOPMOD buttstock really can't be beat.  Also, I prefer the balance of the SOPMOD.  I absolutely hate a muzzle heavy carbine.  While the weight is more pronounced on a 14.5" with a CTR, you can still notice a difference with the CQBR.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalR] [#27]

Still working on reliability issues and 2 remaining items: WMX 200 on back order and PEQ 15C then I'll call it complete.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep...I just came.

Kryptek gets me hot and bothered.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, finally got my EXPS3 from DSG.  I think I'm finally settled on optic placement.  I'm sick and tired of having to zero every time I go out because I can't decide which optic I want on which rifle.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#30]
LMT lower was approved today. 39 days.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:58:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#31]
Btw, I called LWRC about my gas buster charging handle I ordered on 12/1 that still has not shipped out and they said they are working on getting it ready and it should ship tomorrow.

EDIT

Scratch that.  I just got a call back saying that it was OOS and they won't be getting more.  FACK
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TacticalR:
<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/RoberaH/media/imagejpg1_zpsf96d5519.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t597/RoberaH/imagejpg1_zpsf96d5519.jpg</a>

Still working on reliability issues and 2 remaining items: WMX 200 on back order and PEQ 15C then I'll call it complete.

<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/RoberaH/media/imagejpg1_zps72a07533.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t597/RoberaH/imagejpg1_zps72a07533.jpg</a>
View Quote

What sort of reliability issues?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:

View All Quotes
<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/RoberaH/media/imagejpg1_zpsf96d5519.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t597/RoberaH/imagejpg1_zpsf96d5519.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/RoberaH/media/imagejpg1_zps72a07533.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t597/RoberaH/imagejpg1_zps72a07533.jpg</a>

Thanks for inquiring...I posted about it on page 267 w/o much assistance. I contacted Adco today and they recommended trying a standard buffer. I posted a WTB for
one today.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#34]

Thanks for inquiring...I posted about it on page 267 w/o much assistance. I contacted Adco today and they recommended trying a standard buffer. I posted a WTB for
one today.
View All Quotes

one today.

wellllllllllll.   Did you try swapping out the buffer and spring from the lower that DID run to the lower that would not, as was suggested on pg 267?  Looks like G-man for the win, with Bending R hot on the trail.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#35]
New pic, as it sits for good(aside from the pending RC)
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I tried for 30 minutes for a cool C-qbr-hristmas pic but gave up. This is all I got for now.

IMG_5218 by wormydog1724, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#37]

I can almost guarantee they were selling old stock and either at or below cost, which is exactly why they won't back order them. It's a shitty situation but I cannot blame them for trying to run a successful business
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deuc224:

I ordered one too and have not received anything other that the original confirmation email...looks like I will not be getting one either. This is NOT the way to run a successful business. They are off my list as well,
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#38]
Considering letting go one of my like new su-231's.  Not lawguns, pretty much factory new but still has markings.

Looking into an exps3
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:11:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BLACKLIGHT] [#39]

View Quote

That is a sweet ass battle weapon sir.  I really like the kryptek
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:15:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartikis] [#40]
View Quote

For being a SBR the MK18 is very heavy and anywhere you can shave off a few oz its worth it. I switched to a mil spec buffer tube and CTR which are lighter and shorter than the commercial version and 3 oz lighter than the LMT stock and thats assuming you dont put a bunch of batteries in the compartments. The rifle you see there weighs 9lbs fully loaded and its final weight will be 9.5lbs once i put a PEQ-15 on it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Blame it on this thread

View Quote

Yeah, but doesn't look like the serious cloner's are having much luck obtaining MK18 RIS II rails
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Yeah, but doesn't look like the serious cloner's are having much luck obtaining MK18 RIS II rails
View All Quotes
Blame it on this thread

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1380670_wts_wtt__new_Daniel_Defense_MK18_fde_ris_II_rails.html
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#43]
400 bones, no thank you. I've seen a few for $350 in the EE over the past few weeks but they obviously will only be going up in price from now on.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#44]
400 bones, no thank you. I've seen a few for $350 - $375 in the EE over the past few weeks but they obviously will only be going up in price from now on.
View Quote

Picked up mine used in the EE for $315 shipped about 2-3 months ago.  They're around if you keep your eyes open and are prepared to pounce as soon as they're listed.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#45]
400 bones, no thank you. I've seen a few for $350 in the EE over the past few weeks but they obviously will only be going up in price from now on.
View Quote

Yea it is a lot haha, I didnt even really pay attention to the price, I was just browsing and noticed it.

But yea its to the point where its easiest just to buy the mk18 DD upper and then either strip the receiver or paint it for this thread.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#46]
I picked up an extra one last year for $300 new. The idea was to do a 300 blackout CQBR sometime in the near future. Not sure yet though...
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I got a lightly-used black rail on the EE for uner 3 bills that was cerakoted the proper color....but i don't care cause im painting it anyway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:41:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#48]
That one I got for $150 a few weeks ago was the deal of the century.  I refused to believe that it was real until it came in.  I was only going to do a Mod 0 build but now I guess I gotta do both.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#49]
This is what I've got right now. Please ignore the ugly Sig brace...  I am moving to a new state in 3 months, so it doesn't make sense for me to do a trust and a form 1 right now.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I listed it at $400 because im more interested in trading for an m4 ris ii in fde, thanks.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 137 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top