Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1371 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'd snag a cheap stand-in for the meantime and grab a Colt the next time they pop up. I refuse to give AU money.
View Quote

Lol... cheap stand in right now?
Eta pic Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Eta pic https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20200731_235309_jpg-1530732.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'd snag a cheap stand-in for the meantime and grab a Colt the next time they pop up. I refuse to give AU money.

Eta pic https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20200731_235309_jpg-1530732.JPG

Lol, yeah...I forgot. I haven't had to buy any hard parts in quite a while.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StowaNewb] [#3]

View Quote

Like the color on that one. I also went for a black stock. I also don't like to cover up the nice brown on the rail with full length ladders.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

I've had good luck with AU but it always feels like rolling the dice...
View Quote

Yeah, been good and bad for me. I got two of the Colt BCG's, they are C marked but YMMV.

Also got three uppers. They threw everything in one bubble envelope and shipped it. A few of the uppers got damaged, nothing major but I am sure they were perfect when they came in from Colt. I E-mailed their CS and they basically told me "that's how we get them in bulk from the mfg, you can return them." They give zero fucks about this sort of thing. They sent a Colt lower to my FFL pretty much the same way, dude said it was just in a box, no paper, bubble wrap, etc.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Yeah, been good and bad for me. I got two of the Colt BCG's, they are C marked but YMMV.

Also got three uppers. They threw everything in one bubble envelope and shipped it. A few of the uppers got damaged, nothing major but I am sure they were perfect when they came in from Colt. I E-mailed their CS and they basically told me "that's how we get them in bulk from the mfg, you can return them." They give zero fucks about this sort of thing. They sent a Colt lower to my FFL pretty much the same way, dude said it was just in a box, no paper, bubble wrap, etc.
https://i.imgur.com/LnkGQlJ.jpg
View Quote

Army gets them (upper) in a plastic wrapper in a box too.  BCG has a vapor paper wrapper around them.

CD
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:59:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#6]
Still waiting for a mawl to pop up on a mk18 in the wild, all I’ve seen them on so far is block 1 & 2 m4a1’s.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Still waiting for a mawl to pop up on a mk18 in the wild, all I’ve seen them on so far is block 1 & 2 m4a1’s.
https://i.postimg.cc/yxQtCcvz/564-C15-A3-75-CA-47-F2-BC7-C-D308-BAA3-E3-CA.png
View Quote

Lets see some more of that beast.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
Anyone picked anything up on arms unlimited? Need a colt BCG and they’re in stock. I’m assuming is C marked, but figured I’d check to see if anyone has had positive or negative experiences with them.
View Quote

I wouldn't assume anything.  Call them first.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 9:56:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#9]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:
...but I am sure they were perfect when they came in from Colt.
View Quote

There's alot that could be said about Colt parts...but perfect isn't on that list. They're always banged up, scuffed, dinged, chalky, and discolored. Such is the nature of the mil-spec pony. I've seen a lot of weird QA/QC stuff over the years. Not long ago, Thoroughbred received an upper from Colt that was completely missing the front pin lug. It went through ano and everything and nobody at the factory caught it. Have to laugh when you see that from everyone's favorite company.

But more to your point, AU's packaging is universally terrible. I've ordered fragile stuff from them only to have it arrive loose in a giant box.

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

There's alot that could be said about Colt parts...but perfect isn't on that list. They're always banged up, scuffed, dinged, chalky, and discolored. Such is the nature of the mil-spec pony. I've seen a lot of weird QA/QC stuff over the years. Not long ago, Thoroughbred received an upper from Colt that was completely missing the front pin lug. It went through ano and everything and nobody at the factory caught it. Have to laugh when you see that from everyone's favorite company.

But more to your point, AU's packaging is universally terrible. I've ordered fragile stuff from them only to have it arrive loose in a giant box.

View Quote

Yeah, I'm starting to think its in my best interest to skip AU. I'm considering going with a vintage Colt F/A BCG. My only apprehension with that is the unknown round counts on those. I'd like to have a BCG I know is ready for a decent amount of work over the next few years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Yeah, I'm starting to think its in my best interest to skip AU. I'm considering going with a vintage Colt F/A BCG. My only apprehension with that is the unknown round counts on those. I'd like to have a BCG I know is ready for a decent amount of work over the next few years.
View Quote

Colt is pretty semi-regularly shipping BCGs to distributors and what not. I honestly can't imagine you waiting more than a few weeks to get one. I know I've got all my people looking and I get calls for uppers and BCGs twice a month or so. I've got 4 new uppers coming in tomorrow but nothing on BCG as of this moment. However, it shouldn't be long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#12]
Just got a call that my stamp came in for my Surefire RC2. 6 months from check getting cashed to stamp arriving at dealer on a SilencerShop single shot trust.

Ready to get this thing suppressed again and not with a sandman s
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Just got a call that my stamp came in for my Surefire RC2. 6 months from check getting cashed to stamp arriving at dealer on a SilencerShop single shot trust.

https://ibb.co/Nyy8xVP
View Quote

what was check cashed date?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

There’s one on a SEAL gun. I’ll find it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#15]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

There’s one on a SEAL gun. I’ll find it.
View Quote

True, I forgot about this one.

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#16]

That’s the one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#17]

View Quote

Oooo, hopefully only a couple more months for some of mine then. Waiting on a 7.62RC2 Omega9k and surefire ryder9, But im not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 3:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#18]
Ordered the Surefire RC today with the Geissele Golden Ticket. They're currently out of stock, so they estimate the restock and ATF paperwork to take about 60 days before they can ship. So I might have the correct can by 2022 lol.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sbye:
Ordered the Surefire RC today with the Geissele Golden Ticket. They're currently out of stock, so they estimate the restock and ATF paperwork to take about 60 days before they can ship. So I might have the correct can by 2022 lol.
View Quote

I’m waiting for them to set up the order and take payment on mine now. Guess we are both in for the long haul.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Some PJ’s that we trained/supported us had MAWL’s. They’re pretty neat. Super squared away on the med side of the house too. AF guys get all the good shit. I’ve seen gate guards in JPC’s haha!
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

2/6/20
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone picked anything up on arms unlimited? Need a colt BCG and they’re in stock. I’m assuming is C marked, but figured I’d check to see if anyone has had positive or negative experiences with them.
View Quote

I had a couple decent transactions with them, then I ordered a Colt upper a little over a month ago and it came in a thin bubble mailer that tore a hole through it and scratched the hell out of the upper.  Sent them an email...no response for a month now and they’re website says to not send multiple.  Emailing them tomorrow.

Check our Primary Arms...I grabbed a couple no logo Aero Precision BCGs a couple weeks back.  

Also, I think Arm or Ally still has Toolcraft BCGs in stock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

I had a couple decent transactions with them, then I ordered a Colt upper a little over a month ago and it came in a thin bubble mailer that tore a hole through it and scratched the hell out of the upper.  Sent them an email...no response for a month now and they’re website says to not send multiple.  Emailing them tomorrow.

Check our Primary Arms...I grabbed a couple no logo Aero Precision BCGs a couple weeks back.  

Also, I think Arm or Ally still has Toolcraft BCGs in stock.
View Quote

I used to use Arm or Ally all the time. However, I noticed that during all this they got greedy and started jacking up the prices on people. I don't deal well with that type of shit. While I understand that they want to make more money, they are doing it on the backs of their loyal customers. I would never do that to any of my customers.

Sad news it that Toolcraft has a wait list for new dealers because they are at capacity. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get in.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#24]
NT4 tag team action :D.

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 11:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#25]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

I used to use Arm or Ally all the time. However, I noticed that during all this they got greedy and started jacking up the prices on people. I don't deal well with that type of shit. While I understand that they want to make more money, they are doing it on the backs of their loyal customers. I would never do that to any of my customers.

Sad news it that Toolcraft has a wait list for new dealers because they are at capacity. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get in.
View Quote

Yeah, I noticed that about their prices.  Yes!  You start getting Toolcraft so I can send you more money!  Lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#26]
TFW your jitter-juice is more clone correct than your rifle ever will be

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally was able to place my order with Surefire yesterday for the RC can. Told me the same up to 60 days to ship. So its looking like I'll be due up for 3 cans in early 2021.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Yeah, I noticed that about their prices.  Yes!  You start getting Toolcraft so I can send you more money!  Lol
View Quote

I can assure you that they will be sold at the best allowable price at all times as well lol.

That is what I use exclusively in all my guns. I've never, NOT ONCE, had a problem with a Toolcraft BCG.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PantherONE] [#29]
Question: Does Colt have unmarked upper receiver ?

I am exited, tomorrow i get a Crane mod 0 upper and a real deal HK 416 omg...   TAKE MY MONEY lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By PantherONE:
Question: Does Colt have unmarked upper receiver ?

I am exited, tomorrow i get a Crane mod 0 upper and a real deal HK 416 omg...   TAKE MY MONEY lol
View Quote

I bought a stripped Colt upper receiver from Brownell’s a little while ago that has no Colt markings.  It has the square forge and “M4” stamped above the gas tube hole, but no cage code or C marking aft of the square forge marking.  Oh, and it has white T marks that are very crisp, unlike the oversprayed T marks on the cage code-marked Colt receiver that I bought from Geissele recently.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#31]

I can assure you that they will be sold at the best allowable price at all times as well lol.

That is what I use exclusively in all my guns. I've never, NOT ONCE, had a problem with a Toolcraft BCG.
View Quote

I’m in
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#32]

I’m in
View All Quotes

I’m in

I just picked up a couple a few weeks back. Nicely made bolt. Nothing fancy but well machined and finished. I have no doubt they will do fine.

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Btw .... BOLO

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Btw .... BOLO

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49624059833_27e8c11e3f_h.jpg
View Quote

Works well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Glad to see you still putting them to good use! How many upper would you say you have used them on?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:25:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#36]

Glad to see you still putting them to good use! How many upper would you say you have used them on?
View Quote

About 4.  Things have slowed down a bit as guys are shooting mostly URGIs right now and they're new.

CD
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

About 4.  Things have slowed down a bit as guys are shooting mostly URGIs right now and they're new.

CD
View Quote

Is this the beginning of the end?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

View All Quotes

CD

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

SF has replaced their 14.5" DD RIS II with URGI.  Their 10.3" are still DD RIS II and Rangers, SEALs and Marsoc still use the DD RIS II.  99% of who I work with right now is SF.

CD
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#40]

SF has replaced their 14.5" DD RIS II with URGI.  Their 10.3" are still DD RIS II and Rangers, SEALs and Marsoc still use the DD RIS II.  99% of who I work with right now is SF.

CD
View Quote

Right on. I wonder how long it will be until the 10.3 ris ii's actually are phased out. Probably at least a few years.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Right on. I wonder how long it will be until the 10.3 ris ii's actually are phased out. Probably at least a few years.
View Quote

Hopefully never.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Are black RC2s kosher here?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone have any leads on a KAC taupe a2 grip?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#44]
Originally Posted By Kremvh:
Are black RC2s kosher here?
View Quote

RC2 isn't clone correct, if that's what you're asking.

Originally Posted By Soopreme:
View Quote

Presample Depot regularly stocks them. Currently OOS but I believe they have a large order on the way.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:
View Quote

Operations parts
Dennis todd
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks. Just emailed both of them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Hopefully never.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#48]

CD
View Quote

@combat_diver

You can still use them to center up the Geissele Rail. The tighten the two screws on the side. That way it's precisely aligned.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4nik8r] [#49]
I just rolled the dice and ordered a RIS II from Midway along with the PRI military latch Gas Buster, PRI o-ring, and Badger Ordnance MK12 GB.  I had been lurking the EE for a light colored used RIS II. Hopefully the one i get is lighter in color.

I need to add an RC to my Trust. Does anyone have a Golden Ticket for sale?
The NSN engraving is a must.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 4nik8r:
I just rolled the dice and ordered a RIS II from Midway along with the PRI military latch Gas Buster, PRI o-ring, and Badger Ordnance MK12 GB.  I had been lurking the EE for a light colored used RIS II. Hopefully the one i get is lighter in color.

I need to add an SC to my Trust. Does anyone have a Golden Ticket for sale?
The NSN engraving is a must.
View Quote

golden tickets aren't hard to come by. Throw a want to buy up and it'll come through quick. Took me less than 24 hours to secure one.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1371 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top