AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1372 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4nik8r:
I just rolled the dice and ordered a RIS II from Midway along with the PRI military latch Gas Buster, PRI o-ring, and Badger Ordnance MK12 GB.  I had been lurking the EE for a light colored used RIS II. Hopefully the one i get is lighter in color.

I need to add an SC to my Trust. Does anyone have a Golden Ticket for sale?
The NSN engraving is a must.
View Quote

Good luck, my RIS II is damn near black
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just rolled the dice and ordered a RIS II from Midway along with the PRI military latch Gas Buster, PRI o-ring, and Badger Ordnance MK12 GB.  I had been lurking the EE for a light colored used RIS II. Hopefully the one i get is lighter in color.

I need to add an SC to my Trust. Does anyone have a Golden Ticket for sale?
View Quote

What does that make the price of the RC end up being?  Ticket + 30% off =
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PantherONE] [#3]
Oh yes here it is ! :)

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:25:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#4]
Speaking of RC's, checked today and approved.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I posted a WTB
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]

I need to add an RC to my Trust. Does anyone have a Golden Ticket for sale?
View Quote

Last one I just got into inventory was pretty dark also. You can see it a few pages back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 4:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#7]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:

View Quote

Golden tickets are good for 30% off MSRP. There's no additional 30% off. With the ticket, the price works out to be ($1375 x .7) + $9.95 shipping = $972.45 + state sales tax.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Ordered mine day before yesterday. Cost is $1030 with shipping and tax
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Speaking of RC's, checked today and approved.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Lookin' good @HD2006
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]

goals.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

Golden tickets are good for 30% off MSRP. There's no additional 30% off. With the ticket, the price works out to be ($1375 x .7) + $9.95 shipping = $972.45 + state sales tax.
View Quote

I understand there's not an additional 30% off, I meant the cost of the ticket.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]

I understand there's not an additional 30% off, I meant the cost of the ticket.  Thank you!
View Quote

Going rate is around 30 bucks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered a Brownells combination wrench and picking up my RC2 Saturday. Shame I won’t have a torqued 4 prong ready for it. Wasn’t expecting a 6 month approval.

I guess a 4 prong and crush washer will work to hold the can for pictures for now
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Just ordered an RC2 yesterday from Silencer Shop. Can only hope I'll be in your position in 6 months.

People keep talking about the LGS receiving the stamp. I thought those were just emailed to you? When I SBR'd, I don't think they mailed me anything.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:
Just ordered an RC2 yesterday from Silencer Shop. Can only hope I'll be in your position in 6 months.

People keep talking about the LGS receiving the stamp. I thought those were just emailed to you? When I SBR'd, I don't think they mailed me anything.
View Quote

You get an e-mailed PDF of your Form 1 if filed through eFile.  For paper Form 4’s you get the approved form with a real stamp attached.  It’s mailed to your FFL that’s holding the NFA item.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

@combat_diver

You can still use them to center up the Geissele Rail. The tighten the two screws on the side. That way it's precisely aligned.
View Quote

Don't see why not.  Problem is the URGIs don't have anything wrong with them right now so not coming in.

CD
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Don't see why not.  Problem is the URGIs don't have anything wrong with them right now so not coming in.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

@combat_diver

You can still use them to center up the Geissele Rail. The tighten the two screws on the side. That way it's precisely aligned.

CD

No bent rails yet?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

No bent rails yet?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

You get an e-mailed PDF of your Form 1 if filed through eFile.  For paper Form 4’s you get the approved form with a real stamp attached.  It’s mailed to your FFL that’s holding the NFA item.
View Quote

Thank you. Those Silencer Shop kiosks are considered efiling, no? Isn't that an efiled form 4?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:

Thank you. Those Silencer Shop kiosks are considered efiling, no? Isn't that an efiled form 4?
View Quote

No, that is not efile.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

No, that is not efile.
View Quote

Copy. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 1:56:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4nik8r] [#24]
Buffer tube? 4 or 6 position and is one of the Colt tannodized 4 position tubes acceptable?
Specialized Armament has the 6 position black in stock but doesn't specify if it is Colt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 4:46:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#25]
Buffer tube? 4 or 6 position and is one of the Colt tannodized 4 position tubes acceptable?
Specialized Armament has the 6 position black in stock but doesn't specify if it is Colt.
View Quote

Milspec have 4 positions and black.  Commercial models have 6 positions.

CD
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I wish I had a tan RC2... anyone with a black one repaint theirs?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Phildo:
I wish I had a tan RC2... anyone with a black one repaint theirs?
View Quote

I know Surefire will do it and it's a pretty reasonable price IIRC. Someone here did it with a black RC.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#28]
I've got a junior varsity question for you guys today. Whats the clone correct PRI charging handle? Is it the big latch or the combat latch?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
I've got a junior varsity question for you guys today. Whats the clone correct PRI charging handle? Is it the big latch or the combat latch?
View All Quotes

Correct PRI M84 Gas Buster CH is product #05-0031, NSN 1005-01-537-0026

CD

#biglatchgang

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Kinda fun to still see a Mk 18 Crane marked lower.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#32]
https://i.imgur.com/Hcvkb17.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/60U6QuG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4JQxDSv.jpg
View Quote

Cool, some dudes rockin Sf suppressors on their 0's.
Good mix of optics aswell.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Good mix of optics aswell.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/20200807_182824_jpg-1536974.JPG
View Quote

i got the strangest boner right now...

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Lol.
I keep swapping between the Nx8 and Su230.
Nx8/Insight mrds is just roughly an ounce heavier than the Elcan.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#35]
What Surefire Scout light is everyone opting for. I can’t stomach the idea of waiting to find an insight pop up and then throw down $700-1000 for one. Just curious if folks are opting for 600 series or the 300 series?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#36]
What Surefire Scout light is everyone opting for. I can’t stomach the idea of waiting to find an insight pop up and then throw down $700-1000 for one. Just curious if folks are opting for 600 series or the 300 series?
View Quote

300 on my build. Still contemplating some kind of offset mount for it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#37]
A couple of "correctness" questions:

1. Regarding VFGs, both the TangoDown BGV-MK43, Tan (Surefire tapeswitch cutout) and the BGV-ITI, Tan (Insight tapeswitch cutout) have NSNs. Is one considered clone correct vs. the other or are they both GTG?

2. B5 SOPOMD Gen 1 Government Contract Overrun stocks in black are considered clone correct. Curious, @Combat_Diver, if you've actually seen these stocks on guns or were the SOMPODs always LMT?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Good mix of optics aswell.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/20200807_182824_jpg-1536974.JPG
View Quote
What offset mount is that?!?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#39]

https://i.imgur.com/Hcvkb17.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/60U6QuG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4JQxDSv.jpg
View Quote
What unit is this? A bunch of Coasties???
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Is that a razor on a cqbr?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:53:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#41]
View Quote

600 series. More brightness and an offset forward mount doesn’t take up any more rail space than a 300. It’ll clear the suppressor. Looks goofy though without the cam on it because the light is ahead of the muzzle. But who shoots a MK18 clone unsuppressed anyways, LOL.

I actually went M600v for the IR in a Haley offset scout mount. Tape switch up top. That light has some decent IR throw until I need a laser.

I know, I know... wrong can. Whatever.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
What offset mount is that?!?
View Quote

Arisaka's standard height Offset mount.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks all on the Surefire suggestions. I was thinking the 600 as it seemed a lot slimmer, but it’s always nice to see the options mounted on rifles to help the decisions. Next order of business, does anyone want to talk me out of the Elcan SpecterDR 1-4. I’ve been thinking EXPS3-0 with the G33 magnifier, but a buddy was talking to me about difficulty using red dots with astigmatisms. Could be nonsense, but it’s worth asking as I have an astigmatism in both eyes. Is the extra cost on the Specter worth it from a multifaceted standpoint? Thoughts.......
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

While true the big latch is the correct one, the combat latch is FAR superior IMO. When it comes to such a minor detail, I would 100% go with the combat latch if you plan to use the rifle regularly.

I had a big latch for a time and I hate the things.

View Quote

Why not both? :D

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#46]
Thanks all on the Surefire suggestions. I was thinking the 600 as it seemed a lot slimmer, but it’s always nice to see the options mounted on rifles to help the decisions. Next order of business, does anyone want to talk me out of the Elcan SpecterDR 1-4. I’ve been thinking EXPS3-0 with the G33 magnifier, but a buddy was talking to me about difficulty using red dots with astigmatisms. Could be nonsense, but it’s worth asking as I have an astigmatism in both eyes. Is the extra cost on the Specter worth it from a multifaceted standpoint? Thoughts.......
View Quote

I’ve ran the m600 and the dual fires prior to the m300. Yeah the higher lumens is nice to have, but I found that I prefer the smaller compact size of the 300 more.

I’m running the exps3-0 + g33 for now until I can afford an elcan. It’s been working out great for me so far.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
What unit is this? A bunch of Coasties???
View Quote

“U.S. Naval Special Warfare Operators assigned to Naval Special Warfare train with Hellenic Navy special operators from the Underwater Demolition Command (DYK) during room clearing training in Athens, Greece on July 14, 2020. The NSW operators discussed their room clearance tactics, techniques, and procedures during the training. Joint training missions enhance readiness and maintains proficiencies to support multiple NATO allies and partners in Europe. Portions of image obscured for operational security. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Aven Santiago)”
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By krdt:

While true the big latch is the correct one, the combat latch is FAR superior IMO. When it comes to such a minor detail, I would 100% go with the combat latch if you plan to use the rifle regularly.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.122219.WBG.Portrait.Day-CQBR-RC-RS-05.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.122219.WBG.Portrait.Day-CQBR-NT4-RS-03.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.122219.WBG.Portrait.Day-CQBR-RC-RS-05.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.122219.WBG.Portrait.Day-CQBR-NT4-RS-03.jpg

What's the name of that Gear Sector mount? It looks a lot nicer than the big square one and I need to throw up a WTB in the EE.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
A couple of "correctness" questions:

1. Regarding VFGs, both the TangoDown BGV-MK43, Tan (Surefire tapeswitch cutout) and the BGV-ITI, Tan (Insight tapeswitch cutout) have NSNs. Is one considered clone correct vs. the other or are they both GTG?

2. B5 SOPOMD Gen 1 Government Contract Overrun stocks in black are considered clone correct. Curious, @Combat_Diver, if you've actually seen these stocks on guns or were the SOMPODs always LMT?
View Quote

Ordered some SOPMOD stocks while in Kuwait 4-5 yrs ago.  B5s came in.  Same NSN as LMT.  Like ordering an upper per NSN.  You might get a Colt, FN or other contractor upper.

CD
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Snazzy looking pair o' pals :D.

View Quote

Probably depends on the severity. I have astigmatism and while the dots aren't perfect, they're more than usable. The only time I really notice it is when zeroing or shooting groups for load development; shooting fast I don't notice it at all.

My preference is for an EXPS3 and G33. It's hard to beat the Eotech when it comes to CQB target acquisition/transition speed, and the majority of the time I shoot with just the EXPS3 by itself. With the G33 I have magnification when I want it and no extra weight on the gun to carry around when I don't.

Your best bet is to check one out in person. You'll likely find that as long as you're focusing on the target and not the dot, it's plenty usable even with astigmatism.

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

What's the name of that Gear Sector mount? It looks a lot nicer than the big square one and I need to throw up a WTB in the EE.
View Quote

X-Series mount. With the rail section removed it's a slim profile Scout mount ;).
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1372 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top