AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 582 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I do love my CQBR and all CQBR's, but factory Colt 14.5 mo' bettah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZJBT:
Factory Colt 10.3 master race.

http://i68.tinypic.com/15ofeww.jpg

14.5" is like that hot cougar that aged well. All the younger 20-somethings are all new and HSLD but something about that cougar haha
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

14.5" is like that hot cougar that aged well. All the younger 20-somethings are all new and HSLD but something about that cougar haha
View All Quotes

Well put.

You become wiser toward the end of the day, I assume because you have more alcohol in you at this point.

Colt 14.5 4 life. Colt 10.3 brings up second place.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Well put.

You become wiser toward the end of the day, I assume because you have more alcohol in you at this point.

View All Quotes

Well put.

Only until you move out of CA
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:20:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#5]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/paYeGl5Aj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/910/YeGl5A.jpg</a>
View Quote

Despite it's incorrectness, this is money!  Good things Honda!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Got to get out and do some shooting today.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By drscws:

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/drscws/20151031_135138_zpsldrbdrlr.jpg
View Quote

You win the last several pages, sir. Factory DD CQBR and a factory KAC Mod 2.

Obviously, a man of impeccable taste.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drscws:

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/drscws/20151031_135138_zpsldrbdrlr.jpg

He's like fuck this nickel and dime shit off the EE...I'm buying complete rifles pro status!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Damn, bought mine on 10/1 and haven't been charged yet. Called them around 10/20 for a status and they said they haven't had a chance to send out form 3's due to the move, but they would send them at the end of the month. Maybe I'll have to check in again this week.

Edit: there was a thread about the AU SOCOM cans. Someone sent it to me in this thread, but I can't remember which page it was. Anyone have the link to the thread?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
Originally Posted By TNW:
Shocked at how bright the tritium is on this one. I'll be back from the range in a few hours with a better report.

Looking fwd to your report. I've never used an ACOG, but have been seriously considering one. Maybe I'll have one by the time I get my AU SOCOM (hopefully March). Then it's Block II CQBR + SOCOM RC + ACOG = spring coyote gun .

http://i.imgur.com/VW5fRde.png

Did you get charged for your SOCOM yet? They told me October orders should have form 3's sent out at the end of October, but I haven't been charged yet.

I bought it on 10/8, charged 10/9. Lea told me via email on 10/9 that they were sending a big batch of F3's on 10/15. I called on 10/19 and the gal on the phone said the F3s were indeed sent on the 10/15. That's all I got. I'm expecting a wait with all the rumors floating around.

Damn, bought mine on 10/1 and haven't been charged yet. Called them around 10/20 for a status and they said they haven't had a chance to send out form 3's due to the move, but they would send them at the end of the month. Maybe I'll have to check in again this week.

Edit: there was a thread about the AU SOCOM cans. Someone sent it to me in this thread, but I can't remember which page it was. Anyone have the link to the thread?

Interesting. Maybe they were blowing smoke when telling me the F3 batch was sent on 15th. PM me if you end up calling them and finding something out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Interesting. Maybe they were blowing smoke when telling me the F3 batch was sent on 15th. PM me if you end up calling them and finding something out.

View All Quotes

Did you get charged for your SOCOM yet? They told me October orders should have form 3's sent out at the end of October, but I haven't been charged yet.

I bought it on 10/8, charged 10/9. Lea told me via email on 10/9 that they were sending a big batch of F3's on 10/15. I called on 10/19 and the gal on the phone said the F3s were indeed sent on the 10/15. That's all I got. I'm expecting a wait with all the rumors floating around.

I'm guessing that they don't actually have cans in stock and are filing form 3s when they get shipments since that is what they did when I ordered a SF light. My form 3 on the can was only about a month wait though, so who knows what they're doing.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
I'm guessing that they don't actually have cans in stock and are filing form 3s when they get shipments since that is what they did when I ordered a SF light. My form 3 on the can was only about a month wait though, so who knows what they're doing.    
View Quote

When I emailed them last week, they said they had cans in stock, and were still waiting on the FFL to come in to start F3's again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Shooting the warden under a roof was definitely more pleasant than without it. My friend was separated by a wood wall and was able to tell when I switched rifles without seeing. He told me he appreciated if. From the shooters perspective I would say it's slightly less noticeable than he attested to which is to be expected. All in all, pleased with the purchase and the ACOG. Was consistently shooting sub 4" groups at 100" at a solid pace balanced on the mag. Not stellar by any means, but for a first outing and shooting the way I was ill take it.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/7758b34d6b11c5392d38cf635d98517f_zps0w0ru0jt.jpg
View Quote

The rail/barrel shadow from the light being mounted so far back doesn't bother you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RifleManWI:

When I emailed them last week, they said they had cans in stock, and were still waiting on the FFL to come in to start F3's again.
View All Quotes

Mine was sent 9/4 according to them, but I'm not sure yet. Still waiting for mine here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Well I just went and checked and I appears that I haven't been charged. I swear I saw a charge the day after I ordered it. Maybe it was a pre auth or something. Fuck. Maybe say fuck this and get a specwar from SS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Well I just went and checked and I appears that I haven't been charged. I swear I saw a charge the day after I ordered it. Maybe it was a pre auth or something. Fuck. Maybe say fuck this and get a specwar from SS.

View All Quotes

I was charged the day  of the order. Then the charge disappeared and I wasn't charged again until the form3 was filed.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Got the warden from BCM.

Re the rail shadow - I can move the light with extreme ease, I keep it further back when I shoot a lot to protect the lens (irrelevant now that I have the warden, but haven't changed it)..
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:45:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
View All Quotes

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/paYeGl5Aj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/910/YeGl5A.jpg</a>

Just because I'm curious, what all do you see as incorrect with this rifle? The brake and the trigger guard?

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Got the warden from BCM.

Re the rail shadow - I can move the light with extreme ease, I keep it further back when I shoot a lot to protect the lens (irrelevant now that I have the warden, but haven't changed it)..
View Quote

Figured that's where you got it as there's only a few people listing them for pre-order. The place I ordered mine sent me an email when they came in that I needed to call them to verify payment details the day they got them. But they sent it to me a half hour before they closed, and being on the west coast they closed before I could call them. They said mine was supposed to go out before the weekend but I have yet to see a ship notice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Just because I'm curious, what all do you see as incorrect with this rifle? The brake and the trigger guard?

View All Quotes

Trigger, brake, trigger guard, pistol grip.....no one cares in here though, most shit gets a free pass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Trigger, brake, trigger guard, pistol grip.....no one cares in here though, most shit gets a free pass.
View All Quotes

Yea, like someone's 11.5" barrel........
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#22]
What is a good price for a full power PEQ-15?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Well, his MIAD is actually good to go. We've seen plenty of those in use. But the other three I definitely can't defend him for.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Who's running a 11.5?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#25]
He is. (Rifleman)
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#26]
He is. (Rifleman)
View Quote

Can't help you there bro....correct barrel length is tough to overlook

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
He is. (Rifleman)

10.5 is easy to overlook on a block 2, not so much on a block 1.

I think rifleman just uses his 11.5 as a troll gun though, I remember a tapco lower. And I remember he called it his troll gun.

I think he has a 10.3 too though. Scratch that, he has an LMT 10.5. Which were actually ordered in extremely small numbers by the military. I actually saw confirmation of that, some people will tell you it never happened. But I seent it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:14:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JP6] [#28]
Finally got mine out of NFA Jail.  Glad to finally be able to contribute to this thread.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JP6:
Just got a new Daniel Defense mk18 upper from Brownells.  Can anyone tell me if these marks are normal on newer complete uppers?  

<a href="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jpkonyn1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyoi2lkuv.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/jpkonyn1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyoi2lkuv.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Lololololol you're up cheese!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally got mine out of NFA Jail.  Glad to finally be able to contribute to this thread.

<a href="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jpkonyn1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsl5kfyv4z.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/jpkonyn1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsl5kfyv4z.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Congrats bro. Off to a great start! Now someone tell me how much a true PEQ15 should cost!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Congrats bro. Off to a great start! Now someone tell me how much a true PEQ15 should cost!
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jpkonyn1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsl5kfyv4z.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/jpkonyn1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsl5kfyv4z.jpeg</a>

Probably going to be close to 2K. May be able to find one beat up around 1500
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Just got a new Daniel Defense mk18 upper from Brownells.  Can anyone tell me if these marks are normal on newer complete uppers?  

<a href="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jpkonyn1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyoi2lkuv.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah199/jpkonyn1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyoi2lkuv.jpeg</a>

DD ships stuff out with scratches and dings.....and if you even mention it once in here you will get flamed for being a sand filled vag.  Ask me how I know
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Hahaha thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:41:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#34]

View All Quotes

Thanks breh. Just ordered an ADM ACOG mount and an LSO grip for the Mod 1 (blasphemy, I know).
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RifleManWI] [#35]

I think rifleman just uses his 11.5 as a troll gun though, I remember a tapco lower. And I remember he called it his troll gun.

I think he has a 10.3 too though. Scratch that, he has an LMT 10.5. Which were actually ordered in extremely small numbers by the military. I actually saw confirmation of that, some people will tell you it never happened. But I seent it.
View All Quotes
He is. (Rifleman)

I have a Block 1 LMT 10.5" and a BCM "Block 2" 11.5". I haven't gotten around to changing the barrel on the Block 2 yet, BCM uppers are a pain in the ass to disassemble. The Tapco Troll Gun is built into a 16" with a KMR handguard. Its built into a Tactical Hipster Carbine. I was tempted to build it into a clone, but I didn't want to SBR it. Its got a TiN ADM HD Buffer in it as well.
LMT 10.5"

BCM "Block 2"

Tapco Tactical Hipster Troll Gun
#SuchHipster
#SoTactical

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Tapco Tactical Hipster Troll Gun
#SuchHipster
#SoTactical
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w624/RiflemanWI/Tapco20Troll20Gun_zpscqfhcmre.jpg

View Quote

Needs more hipster
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:
Needs more hipster
View Quote

Funny you mentioned the MFT stock. That was the next thing I was going to put on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#38]

DD ships stuff out with scratches and dings.....and if you even mention it once in here you will get flamed for being a sand filled vag.  Ask me how I know
View All Quotes

I had similar spots on my custom 10.3" upper from Daniel Defense and Caroline Britton explained that they use something to grab/support the rail as it goes through the anodizing process and thus, these types of small spots that are missing anodizing are completely normal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I don't even own a single factory KAC rifle that came to me brand new without a single at least subtle nick in the finishing somewhere.

You'll be able to find something small for the most anal individual to bitch about on pretty much any factory rifle, regardless of manufacturer.

You were called out for sand in your vag because you were acting like the insanely small anodizing nicks that you can find on pretty much any factory rifle were about the same as say those factory "brand new" Colts that make it out that look like they were rolled down a driveway a few times before leaving the factory. When in fact, those two are worlds apart.

Just clarifying.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I really like it so far. I use this gun for work and it if fits my needs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

I had similar spots on my custom 10.3" upper from Daniel Defense and Caroline Britton explained that they use something to grab/support the rail as it goes through the anodizing process and thus, these types of small spots that are missing anodizing are completely normal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Ding ding! And we have a winner!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#42]
What Ryan really meant to say was...

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Probably the last picture of this with a DD barrel. Sending off the Colt barrel to Adco tomorrow.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Only until you move out of CA
View Quote

Pretty much the first things I did once I left CA was SBR the block II M4 I built and converted it to a Mk18.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#45]
What is a good price for a full power PEQ-15?
View Quote

for legitimate purchase or a black market, CID-calling-asking-for-it-back price?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#46]

I don't even own a single factory KAC rifle that came to me brand new without a single at least subtle nick in the finishing somewhere.

You'll be able to find something small for the most anal individual to bitch about on pretty much any factory rifle, regardless of manufacturer.

You were called out for sand in your vag because you were acting like the insanely small anodizing nicks that you can find on pretty much any factory rifle were about the same as say those factory "brand new" Colts that make it out that look like they were rolled down a driveway a few times before leaving the factory. When in fact, those two are worlds apart.

Just clarifying.
View All Quotes

Just clarifying.

I am a whiny bitch....it's ok, don't placate me
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Be careful, I had some scammer try to sell me PEQ off arms list for like 750. Make sure you can physically see if before you throw that kinda coin down.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Just clarifying.

Did your bad lever have nicks?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Be careful, I had some scammer try to sell me PEQ off arms list for like 750. Make sure you can physically see if before you throw that kinda coin down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Thanks bro. It's a more reasonable cost.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:

Did your bad lever have nicks?
View Quote

Don't you chime in.....this is all your fault!
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 582 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top