User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 587 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
There's Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus, and then everyone else. I want no part in everyone else.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Paying  $400-500 for a 4p is only stupid if you can't afford it. If you have the extra money to spend and that's what you want to do, go for it. The thing that got me into cloning was trying to find the parts to make it as close to issued as possible. I have no problem paying "stupid" prices for clone parts. At least I'm spending it on crack lol
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jturner1906:
Paying  $400-500 for a 4p is only stupid if you can't afford it. If you have the extra money to spend and that's what you want to do, go for it. The thing that got me into cloning was trying to find the parts to make it as close to issued as possible. I have no problem paying "stupid" prices for clone parts. At least I'm spending it on crack lol
View Quote

Free Market for the win!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

How many kudos will I get with a M16A1 lower? I'm tempting to sell some extra wheeled toys (hence the Honda in the screenname ) and invest in an FA lower when I come home .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
As all of the originals/regulars of this thread know, this thread is a revolving door. New people, same shit year after year.

It all depends on what that individual considers a clone. Some make it look close and that's good enough for them, some are purists. I tend to be on the side of purist. Even if I buy an incorrect part, it's to temporarily use and will be switched out for the correct part.

It seems fucking retarded to me to clone a mil rifle and the end goal isn't to use the correct parts.

How many kudos will I get with a M16A1 lower? I'm tempting to sell some extra wheeled toys (hence the Honda in the screenname ) and invest in an FA lower when I come home .

MNRidesHonda

Get the M16A1! You can't go wrong. That new bike is just going to loose value over time while the RR will continue to climb.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Thinking hard about it at the moment. With $20,000 it's either gonna be a 30+ years old Colt M16A1 lower or a brand new Ducati 1299S
View All Quotes
As all of the originals/regulars of this thread know, this thread is a revolving door. New people, same shit year after year.

It all depends on what that individual considers a clone. Some make it look close and that's good enough for them, some are purists. I tend to be on the side of purist. Even if I buy an incorrect part, it's to temporarily use and will be switched out for the correct part.

It seems fucking retarded to me to clone a mil rifle and the end goal isn't to use the correct parts.

You will get all of the kudos! Not for having an A1 lower, but for selling a CBR.
Kawasaki and Yamaha brother. And a Colt A1.

Thinking hard about it at the moment. With $20,000 it's either gonna be a 30+ years old Colt M16A1 lower or a brand new Ducati 1299S

Get the M16. You can finance the Ducati
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
That is sound advice!  The clone God's always win out in the end......
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/A8hpKt" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/573/22398547269_3cf3977a95_b.jpg</a>
View Quote

I can only like this so many times after you put up on IG.

Seriously though thats badass
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Take the RR leave the crotch rocket.  The bike will only give you a chubby at first but the RR will be perma-boner.  Especially when you get to rip off a few mag dumps.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGreatDanton] [#10]

Here's my "mod0" project awaiting F1 and Nt4 (It's still on a form 3). Used a placeholder to display my artistic abilities.

The other thing in the photo came today after waiting over a year since I cut the check for it. C&R Fully Transferable Mg42. It is not a clone.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

View All Quotes
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/A8hpKt" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/573/22398547269_3cf3977a95_b.jpg</a>

Spank bank complete!  

I don't even know why I troll Strike Industries airsoft threads when I can just jerk off to the clone threads......
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
<a href="http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/WilhelmSteiger1944/media/IMG_3647_zpssuuxsr0u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u444/WilhelmSteiger1944/IMG_3647_zpssuuxsr0u.jpg</a>

Here's my "mod0" project awaiting F1 and Nt4 (It's still on a form 3). Used a placeholder to display my artistic abilities.

The other thing in the photo came today after waiting over a year since I cut the check for it. C&R Fully Transferable Mg42. It is not a clone.
View Quote

Haha thanks. Man that MG-42 is badass. And if you make a copy of your paper NT4 I'll put it in my photo lol.

I'm about to mail my individual Form 4 for the NT4 next week. I am choosing the Individual route to see if I'll get it faster and my CLEO will actually sign.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Noooo noooo noooo. Even MNRIDESHONDA realized he shouldn't ride Honda anymore.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
You will get all of the kudos! Not for having an A1 lower, but for selling a CBR.

I think this is the first time I'll ever have to disagree with you Brother...CBR FTW!!! I used to own a 900RR and a Erion Racing 929RR.. If Honda wasn't an option, I'd probably go GSX-R 1000 or a Ducati..

I dont know why the hatred for Honda. If you go to the show rooms you'll noticed that the built quality is beyond KawaSuzuYama haha. No worries though, even if I sold off a few I'd still have a few Honda bike left plus a very very low milage 2007 Laguna Blue S2000
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]

I dont know why the hatred for Honda. If you go to the show rooms you'll noticed that the built quality is beyond KawaSuzuYama haha. No worries though, even if I sold off a few I'd still have a few Honda bike left plus a very very low milage 2007 Laguna Blue S2000
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

I think this is the first time I'll ever have to disagree with you Brother...CBR FTW!!! I used to own a 900RR and a Erion Racing 929RR.. If Honda wasn't an option, I'd probably go GSX-R 1000 or a Ducati..

Jeebus. Didn't realize you had so many bikes. My heart belongs to motocross but I do miss my 2006 ZX-10R. And the Honda hate is just the same as people randomly hating Colt. Just a formation of what that person has owned. No real basis behind it.

Danton- that MG42 gives me a rip-through-jeans throbbing chubber. You need to post your guns more.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Just my humble opinion...people throw the bones down for SF4Ps because of two prominent factors: they're one of the most 1) hard to find and 2) flashy clone correct parts.

Hard to find plays a factor that can't be denied. This is slowly changing, but the 4P is still pretty scarce. People see a 4P on a clone and say, "how'd they get that?!" This factor keeps prices elevated and adds a "sexiness." A lot compromise on this and get the 3P or get the correct but available KAC muzzle device.

Flashiness is the greater factor related to cloning and SF4Ps. Most parts don't bring the same level of flash to a clone build. While we all would give props to those who clone with all correct parts, such as a Colt upper receiver, a large majority of cloners won't rationalize spending the money for parts that cost more but offer little differentiation. This is why we have accepted but not "correct" parts on most clones in here....DD barrels, black RIS IIs, uppers and lowers of the right profile but wrong manufacture. They are compromise parts that are easily camouflaged. However, inclusion of obvious compromise parts, such as 3Ps or Gen 2 SOPMODs, keeps the average clone obviously different from the real-deal. A SF3P isn't as easily camouflaged. People pay the money for 4Ps because they bring that legit differentiation to the builds.

What I'm saying in all of this is the SF4P is one of the few parts where the investment pays off well for the cloner. Another, to a lesser degree, is the Gen I SOPMOD stock. Both have limited availability commercially and bring that overt flash to a clone.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

Just my humble opinion...people throw the bones down for SF4Ps because of two prominent factors: they're one of the most 1) hard to find and 2) flashy clone correct parts.

Hard to find plays a factor that can't be denied. This is slowly changing, but the 4P is still pretty scarce. People see a 4P on a clone and say, "how'd they get that?!" This factor keeps prices elevated and adds a "sexiness." A lot compromise on this and get the 3P or get the correct but available KAC muzzle device.

Flashiness is the greater factor related to cloning and SF4Ps. Most parts don't bring the same level of flash to a clone build. While we all would give props to those who clone with all correct parts, such as a Colt upper receiver, a large majority of cloners won't rationalize spending the money for parts that cost more but offer little differentiation. This is why we have accepted but not "correct" parts on most clones in here....DD barrels, black RIS IIs, uppers and lowers of the right profile but wrong manufacture. They are compromise parts that are easily camouflaged. However, inclusion of obvious compromise parts, such as 3Ps or Gen 2 SOPMODs, keeps the average clone obviously different from the real-deal. A SF3P isn't as easily camouflaged. People pay the money for 4Ps because they bring that legit differentiation to the builds.

What I'm saying in all of this is the SF4P is one of the few parts where the investment pays off well for the cloner. Another, to a lesser degree, is the Gen I SOPMOD stock. Both have limited availability commercially and bring that overt flash to a clone.

View Quote

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe Combat_Diver reported that he had seen (and perhaps even installed) a few SF3Ps. To my knowledge, these would have had to have been unit level purchases. Still, a cloner on a budget could claim "correctness" while at the same time have what is considered by many to be a superior part.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe Combat_Diver reported that he had seen (and perhaps even installed) a few SF3Ps. To my knowledge, these would have had to have been unit level purchases. Still, a cloner on a budget could claim "correctness" while at the same time have what is considered by many to be a superior part.
View All Quotes

I remember he said he installs SSA's and SSF's. Don't remember him saying he installs SF3P's on Army SF weapons. But then again my memory is shot, so....
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Haha thanks. Man that MG-42 is badass. And if you make a copy of your paper NT4 I'll put it in my photo lol.

I'm about to mail my individual Form 4 for the NT4 next week. I am choosing the Individual route to see if I'll get it faster and my CLEO will actually sign.
View All Quotes
<a href="http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/WilhelmSteiger1944/media/IMG_3647_zpssuuxsr0u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u444/WilhelmSteiger1944/IMG_3647_zpssuuxsr0u.jpg</a>

Haha I'll send you a print of the original instead. Serious I'd die if you added into your collection.
Someone in this thread asked me recently to post pics of it. Don't know how to post a pic of a can I don't own yet so that was my go to solution.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:58:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#19]

I remember he said he installs SSA's and SSF's. Don't remember him saying he installs SF3P's on Army SF weapons. But then again my memory is shot, so....
View All Quotes

SNIP

I don't think he installed, but he saw them on some state funded CQBRs and paired with SOCOM monster suppressors. 14.5s in those kits had Troy rails as well. People could claim it...and be correctish, but those rifles were obviously a very small exception to the rule. I have the pics somewhere, but I can't post them meow.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
i built my Mod 0 and got the QDSS in 2008. i have to post a pic... whats the best way to post pics ?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
i built my Mod 0 and got the QDSS in 2008. i have to post a pic... whats the best way to post pics ?
View Quote

Upload the pic to flickr or Photobucket (flickr is way better/user friendly)

Then copy the IMG/jpg link, and post it here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think he installed, but he saw them on some state funded CQBRs and paired with SOCOM monster suppressors. 14.5s in those kits had Troy rails as well. People could claim it...and be correctish, but those rifles were obviously a very small exception to the rule. I have the pics somewhere, but I can't post them meow.  
View All Quotes
SNIP

I've got a rager for this one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#23]
ok let me try flickr out thanks

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#24]
where do i find the IMG link when pic is on flickr ?

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

When you go to the pic hold down the screen or right click on a computer, click view image, then copy the link that's in the browser
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Click on the "view different sizes" link (or whatever it's called).  When that loads, right click the picture and click "copy image location/link."

Come here, click on the "picture" icon and paste the link there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Damn... I didn't know my price tag would stir up a ruckus in this thread for about 3 pages.
As i posted it before, I'm letting all my SF4P go for a more eye catching NT4. I actually lost monies at that price..
If it makes anybody whos booties got twisted because of that post, it ended up being traded.
I'll eventually get a SF can but that's another story that belongs on another thread.

One last look at the girl that started it
" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNW:

SNIP

I've got a rager for this one.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/f8d36d5a5461bb07eee23db5d524a453_zpseo7ue8yc.jpg

Needs less Troy rail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Normally I'm not into it at all, but I do like that setup.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:27:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#31]
i cant figure it out
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#32]
" />
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#33]

Awesome setup though. Tried blowing it up, is that a sear pin?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#35]
thats as good as it gets....sear as in FA ?
how do i make it bigger ?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#36]
big as i could get it

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

That's what she said!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#38]

View Quote
Better... and fucking awesome!!!

Need MOAR!!! Now get your ass back to the garage and don't come back until you have some full frame landscape photos for us.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:58:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#39]
Tan NT4s will always have a place in my heart.

Send it to me and I'll take care of the photos.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#40]
The MK18 Gods are calling my name... I should have kept my bits and pieces.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

That's what she said!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

That's what she said!

no...thats what i told her
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#42]
thanks... the bigger pic looks AWESOME. thats in my buddies garage. we walk out the back door and shoot, go
hiking etc. ive had the Mod 0 and can since 2008. i do want to get another Tan qdss. where we nahg our hat we hang our gun.

i had it out two weeks ago, shooting steel etc at 200 yards from different positions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#43]
thanks... the bigger pic looks AWESOME. thats in my buddies garage. we walk out the back door and shoot, go
hiking etc. ive had the Mod 0 and can since 2008. i do want to get another Tan qdss. where we nahg our hat we hang our gun.

i had it out two weeks ago, shooting steel etc at 200 yards from different positions.
View Quote

you can email me the pic and ill try reuploading it for you and see if its bigger?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 10Point3:

you can email me the pic and ill try reuploading it for you and see if its bigger?
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Couple of these showed up today.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#47]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/A8B9W2" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5755/22402204549_713efec42a_h.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/ziC4Vf" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5779/21859190988_0d679d4cb1_h.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'll take one
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#48]
here we go

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#49]

here we go

http://oi68.tinypic.com/20fbw4z.jpg
View Quote

MISTERMOON, you're up to bat.

EDIT:

Actually, I'll take this one.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#50]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/A8B9W2" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5755/22402204549_713efec42a_h.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/ziC4Vf" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5779/21859190988_0d679d4cb1_h.jpg</a>
View Quote

Awesome! Makes me want to do an 80% even more.
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 587 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top