Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 596 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#1]
Pwnage:

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What's so special about the 4 prongers anyway? I just found a 3 pronger in my closet yesterday, and I'm currently soaking the muzzle of one of my mk18 uppers in Kroil (it has literally been taking a Kroil bath all night, after the freezer trick didn't work...-_-) to get the friggin' comp off that I must have used the hand of god to torque on.

2015-11-09_05-03-01 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing "special" the 4 prongs are issued, the 3 prongs are not.

Clone thread...
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5700/21980322895_6a1b9890ac_b.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Now I remember why I stopped checking in on this thread. This reminds me of a couple of High School girls squabbling over a boy.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5700/21980322895_6a1b9890ac_b.jpg

Holy hell that is some sick eyewear. I have almost no use for them, besides maybe running the snowblower, but something inside me wants a pair of those now, lol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

The LAM isn't mine and my buddy from TNVC brought it out, as well as some PVS14's and other goodies to a recent night time range session. I've had the SU230 for a while though but, I personally feel I could utilize it better on my Block II inspired 14.5.

ETA: This is how I would run it but, I use the 14.5 quite a bit in local carbine matches and I am quicker with the EXPS so, that's what I am currently using on the 14.5 now. I've though about selling off the ELCAN but, I have an BNIB 6920 and I'll eventually build a 14.5 PR and most likely throw the SU230 on there.

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Knights%20Armament/A15707DA-0830-4E10-9984-B98132D547B9_zpsagvqpqs9.jpg
View All Quotes

Have you never posted this? As often as you post here I don't Remember ever seeing this CQBR. Didn't know you had an Elcan or a LAM. Did know about the FDE NT4 though.

The LAM isn't mine and my buddy from TNVC brought it out, as well as some PVS14's and other goodies to a recent night time range session. I've had the SU230 for a while though but, I personally feel I could utilize it better on my Block II inspired 14.5.

ETA: This is how I would run it but, I use the 14.5 quite a bit in local carbine matches and I am quicker with the EXPS so, that's what I am currently using on the 14.5 now. I've though about selling off the ELCAN but, I have an BNIB 6920 and I'll eventually build a 14.5 PR and most likely throw the SU230 on there.

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Knights%20Armament/A15707DA-0830-4E10-9984-B98132D547B9_zpsagvqpqs9.jpg

Is the barrel with the knights can a 10.5? I'm getting one soon but I have a 10.3 don't really know if (like surefire) there will be shims to provide space for the can to fit..
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Just sent mine to Ident.

Mod0 / CQBRs make me horny. So do corncobs. But mine will wear the AME5 for a while.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:
So Orion and ident do clone engraving ? I may or may not have a lower to send for a project

Just sent mine to Ident.

Mod0 / CQBRs make me horny. So do corncobs. But mine will wear the AME5 for a while.

I used Ident once, when I could walk in. Is there wait time still like 4 months for a simple engrave?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have pictures from a SEAL and MARSOC Raider team that I worked with that would make ya'll jizz your pants.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
In for pics!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:07:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#9]
Originally Posted By Power2thePeople:
I have pictures from a SEAL and MARSOC Raider team that I worked with that would make ya'll jizz your pants.
View Quote

Well post em up, Mayor of Titty City lol

Edit: That Titty City video had me crying the first time I saw it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#10]

The pull tab on the front sight is a pretty awesome solution.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

I used Ident once, when I could walk in. Is there wait time still like 4 months for a simple engrave?
View All Quotes
So Orion and ident do clone engraving ? I may or may not have a lower to send for a project

Just sent mine to Ident.

Negative. Give them a shout and tell them you are local. They will schedule a time and day for you to walk in
I had 2 lowers done with my trust 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:23:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#12]
View Quote

Hell yes it is....teir juan shit!

Now if I only had a LAM
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:28:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#13]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

Now if I only had a LAM
View All Quotes

Now if I only had a LAM

Any idea what the tab is? Did they weld it on?

Edit: after a closer look it looks like tape. I thought it was a metal tab off to the side at first
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#14]
Originally Posted By GersonB90:

Is the barrel with the knights can a 10.5? I'm getting one soon but I have a 10.3 don't really know if (like surefire) there will be shims to provide space for the can to fit..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GersonB90:

Have you never posted this? As often as you post here I don't Remember ever seeing this CQBR. Didn't know you had an Elcan or a LAM. Did know about the FDE NT4 though.

Yes, it's a Noveske 10.5 and that's kind of why I do not post pics of either rifle as much since they're both 10.5 and not 10.3. Every FH I've bought, whether Knights or SF came with a shim kit and I believe you'll have enough clearance with either one.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#15]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Edit: after a closer look it looks like tape. I thought it was a metal tab off to the side at first
View All Quotes

Now if I only had a LAM

Looks like tape.  Pretty smart fix!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#16]
If this pans out, the cloners can claim "in the wild" first!

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#17]
That new Trijicon MRO has been getting a lot of attention.  You can spec it to co-witness, lower 1/3 etc. to fit most configurations.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]

That new Trijicon MRO has been getting a lot of attention.  You can spec it to co-witness, lower 1/3 etc. to fit most configurations.
View Quote
Thank you. I did not know that.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#20]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/680123_.html

Originally Posted By Tmender03:
Great, I haven't had my EXPS3-0 a year yet!
View Quote

I wouldn't sweat it, 231's will be GTG for years.....you know how long this military shit takes to pan out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Great, I haven't had my EXPS3-0 a year yet!
View All Quotes

I just hoping that this brings down the prices of EOTech sights lol. I could use a few more.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got my barrel in. Is ADCO the go to place to get it cut or is there anywhere else people have used and/or prefer?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Pic request.

It was posted quite a while ago and may be from one of the old threads. It was a guy shooting in the snow with a Mk18 (LMT upper),NT4 and Aimpoint. He was wearing a black coat and beanie.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
Just got my barrel in. Is ADCO the go to place to get it cut or is there anywhere else people have used and/or prefer?
View Quote

Yep, send it to ADCO. They do an awesome job.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]

I just hoping that this brings down the prices of EOTech sights lol. I could use a few more.
View Quote

Seriously. I've humped my EoTech all up and down the frozen mountains here, jumped out of planes with it, holed up for days in a -40 degree hide site on the side of a mountain, ruck marched down and still shot fine with it. I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#26]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

Seriously. I've humped my EoTech all up and down the frozen mountains here, jumped out of planes with it, holed up for days in a -40 degree hide site on the side of a mountain, ruck marched down and still shot fine with it. I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

I don't really use my 231, but man it can take a beating clanging around my pelican

edit pwnage round 2:

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dfd277:

Negative. Give them a shout and tell them you are local. They will schedule a time and day for you to walk in
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dfd277:

Just sent mine to Ident.

I used veritas for my registered lower I need to see if they could do something like this bc their sbr engraving turn around was only 3 days
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#28]
When you guys paint your rifle, how do you paint your rear sight?  I mean do you tape off the distance markings, or just paint over all of it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Huge thanks to Power2thePeople for these! Great pics.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Where it all began.   4' diameter     Clone police approved???
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/crane1_zpswy6sa9vw.jpg
View Quote

Nice score!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:23:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#34]

Nice score!!!
View All Quotes

Nice score!!!

I wish it was my score.  A "retro" buddy got it at a place very near the Crane facility which is just up the road from us.   I WILL have to take my CQBR to his place to get a pic or two with it.
Edit.........it came from the place that I went to last week to pick up the bunch of tear drop assists. It was there at the time, but I was a couple days late.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#35]

I wish it was my score.  A "retro" buddy got it at a place very near the Crane facility which is just up the road from us.   I WILL have to take my CQBR to his place to get a pic or two with it.
Edit.........it came from the place that I went to last week to pick up the bunch of tear drop assists. It was there at the time, but I was a couple days late.
View All Quotes

Nice score!!!

Awww man, that sux.. He needs to build some kind of Crane clone to be worthy of that sign!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By S-1:
Pic request.

It was posted quite a while ago and may be from one of the old threads. It was a guy shooting in the snow with a Mk18 (LMT upper),NT4 and Aimpoint. He was wearing a black coat and beanie.
View Quote

Anyone?

I know you nerds save every pic!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Awww man, that sux.. He needs to build some kind of Crane clone to be worthy of that sign!!!
View All Quotes

Nice score!!!

He's probably had more parts that have passed through Crane than the proverbial saying "than Carter has liver pills"...........if you remember that ancient saying.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Anyone?

View All Quotes

Pic request.

Anyone?

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
Those are sweet pics.    

Is that FSB gun wearing an Eo 512/552?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
Those are sweet pics.    

Is that FSB gun wearing an Eo 512/552?

Pretty sure it is. He's EOD; they get different toys.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

That is too cool!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd love that sign in my garage.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#43]

I'd love that sign in my garage.
View Quote
Agreed.

Named Naval Weapons Support Center from 1975-1992 at which time it was changed to the presently recognized NSWC.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#44]
So what are those dummy silencers all about? Those yellow things...

Do they work like blank firing adapters?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:37:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurbineGuy] [#45]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

View Quote

That's exactly what they are, Surefire BFAs for their mounts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Pretty much. Someone posted a link to them, I think they were like 299 or something for a yellow dummy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

View All Quotes

Very interesting. Never knew such a device existed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Shit did I miss a link?! I would totally buy that just because.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

You walk around busting blank caps off in your rifles much?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:05:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#50]
was dicking around with this SF mount tonight. Probably going to slap it on a different rifle.
Thanks Ryan.

If anyone needs an FDE Gasbuster let me know.
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 596 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top