Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 597 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

I'd love that sign in my garage.
View Quote
Well, I'm sure you could commission a copy of it.

Cloning signs, the new frontier...
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Shit did I miss a link?! I would totally buy that just because.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:
So what are those dummy silencers all about? Those yellow things...

Do they work like blank firing adapters?

That's exactly what they are, Surefire BFAs for their mounts.

Very interesting. Never knew such a device existed.

Go wild.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Power2thePeople:
Pretty sure it is. He's EOD; they get different toys.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

Those are sweet pics.    

Is that FSB gun wearing an Eo 512/552?

WML too. I like that rifle, it's different!

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Go wild.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

So what are those dummy silencers all about? Those yellow things...

Do they work like blank firing adapters?

That's exactly what they are, Surefire BFAs for their mounts.

Very interesting. Never knew such a device existed.

Go wild.
By quoting this I have just created the largest conspiracy this thread has ever seen.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:23:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#5]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

Seriously. I've humped my EoTech all up and down the frozen mountains here, jumped out of planes with it, holed up for days in a -40 degree hide site on the side of a mountain, ruck marched down and still shot fine with it. I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
Originally Posted By sbye:

I just hoping that this brings down the prices of EOTech sights lol. I could use a few more.

Seriously. I've humped my EoTech all up and down the frozen mountains here, jumped out of planes with it, holed up for days in a -40 degree hide site on the side of a mountain, ruck marched down and still shot fine with it. I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon.

I had one on a rifle for a while, and I put it in the safe for a couple months, and when I got it out to shoot, it wouldn't turn on. So I thought the batteries were just dead, since I guess I hadn't changed them in a while or something. So I opened the battery compartment, and it looked like the batteries corroded, or something. All I know is they were good batteries (I'm pretty sure they were Energizer, but it's possible they could have been Duracell), and there was all this white shit all over them, and inside the battery compartment.

Now, I don't know how, or why, it happened, what caused it, etc (was it faulty batteries? Did I leave them in for too long? Did the Eotech actually cause them to corrode?), all I know is it's completely dead. I wiped as much of it off with a towel as I could, and put new batteries in, and it appears the thing is just totally fried. Now, I still have it, and I'm probably going to call them up soon to see if they will either fix it or replace it.

The funny part is, as soon as it happened (like almost a year ago now), I just immediately went out and bought another one, lol. This time I got the one that takes the CR123A's (the same ones the Surefire lights use), so I figure there's less of a chance of those blowing up on me, but I could be wrong. I guess the worst case scenario is I still have one functioning Eotech (and a better one imo, as it's raised up for bottom 1/3 co-witness to see over my IR laser, it's shorter in length, and it has a built in ARMS mount), I send the other one back, and either they won't fix it, can't , or won't replace it, and I'm stuck with basically a cool looking paper weight, and best case is I send it back, they fix it, and I have two working Eotechs.

Here, see, I just took these now. I've had the black Eotech since 2008 and it barely has a scratch on it. I shoot my guns, but I generally like to take care of them (although when I krylon my guns in the near future, that will probably change a little, because there's nothing worse than a freshly painted gun, lol).

</a>PSX_20151109_230321 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

</a>PSX_20151109_230626 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

But no worky

</a>PSX_20151109_225857 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#6]
So not that this has much to do with the CQBR, but I had the chance to talk to a SEAL today (supposedly) and he kept talking about how they were using mostly LMT monolithic uppers, and some LWRC. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:13:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#7]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:By quoting this I have just created the largest conspiracy this thread has ever seen.  

http://i.imgur.com/HSznwbs.jpg

View Quote

Seriously though, is there a link to those goggles they're sporting? I saw an Oakley logo on them earlier, and I found a pair of snow goggles on their site, but they don't look quite the same, and the link was broken and said they were working on the page.

Btw, is that Canadian JTF2? If not, who? If you don't mind me asking.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. There's clearly an American flag on that guy's helmet. But the who is still a valid question, as there are a myriad of SOF in US service. The most logical answer would be SEALs, considering the thread we're in, but you never know.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#8]
By quoting this I have just created the largest conspiracy this thread has ever seen.  

View Quote

Whats the conspiracy?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: azoutdoorsman] [#9]

Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:
Seriously though, is there a link to those goggles they're sporting? I saw an Oakley logo on them earlier, and I found a pair of snow goggles on their site, but they don't look quite the same, and the link was broken and said they were working on the page.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. There's clearly an American flag on that guy's helmet. But the who is still a valid question, as there are a myriad of SOF in US service. The most logical answer would be SEALs, considering the thread we're in, but you never know.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:By quoting this I have just created the largest conspiracy this thread has ever seen.  

I believe they are Oakley Crowbar Snow goggles. I have a similar pair I'll dig out.

The photos can be found in Google images if you search "Arctic Navy SEALs" so yes, they are SEALs. I'm sure it's a staged Photoshoot though.

ETA:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Freedom556:
So not that this has much to do with the CQBR, but I had the chance to talk to a SEAL today (supposedly) and he kept talking about how they were using mostly LMT monolithic uppers, and some LWRC. Can anyone confirm?
View Quote

Not that I've seen or worked on.  Then again only have one ST that I'm really working with down range.  I haven't seen any SOCOM units use those and haven't had any updates from SOCOM letting me know that they been fielded and I need the order X, Y and Z replacement parts.

CD
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:54:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#11]
View All Quotes
Those are sweet pics.    

You should create another worthless variant pic thread no one reads, so you and the lap dog have a place to hang....welcome back DBM
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:19:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Power2thePeople] [#12]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Not that I've seen or worked on.  Then again only have one ST that I'm really working with down range.  I haven't seen any SOCOM units use those and haven't had any updates from SOCOM letting me know that they been fielded and I need the order X, Y and Z replacement parts.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

CD

Negative. They're all Colt.

Edit: Regular teams get colts; with the exception of testing gear, and special teams which basically get whatever they can dream.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Those are sweet pics.    

View All Quotes
Those are sweet pics.    

With an inforce light to boot.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:17:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#14]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Those are sweet pics.    

Question from a Prior Navy Corpsman with ZERO door kicking experience, and if its something that is a super secret squirrel thing, don't answer, but... Second to last picture, they appear to be in a well deck, plenty of light and NVG's down, in front of eyes. Are there NVG's that can be used during daylight, that you can still see an IR laser?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]
DBM  ...hey buddy!

Oh yeah, clone thread:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:15:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Power2thePeople] [#17]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

Question from a Prior Navy Corpsman with ZERO door kicking experience, and if its something that is a super secret squirrel thing, don't answer, but... Second to last picture, they appear to be in a well deck, plenty of light and NVG's down, in front of eyes. Are there NVG's that can be used during daylight, that you can still see an IR laser?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCUrk:
Those are sweet pics.    

Actually, this is  an excellent question. If you notice the NVGs are canted slightly upward. This is so that you can see a clear sight picture if it is light out and tilt your head down if it is dark. (This takes some time to get used to, but It is highly effective...you never know when the power will go off in a ship or building) Also, IR laser isn't used as often as visual red laser. The reason behind this is that if the lights are on you can see the laser, and if the lights are off, you can see the visual red laser the same as an IR through NVGs. I hope this answers your question.

Edit: also most teams use the white NVGs, which adjust to light much better than the green.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Actually, this is an excellent question. If you notice the NVGs are canted slightly upward. This is so that you can see a clear sight picture if it is light out and tilt your head down if it is dark. (This takes some time to get used to, but It is highly effective...you never know when the power will go off in a ship or building) Also, IR laser isn't used as often as visual red laser. The reason behind this is that if the lights are on you can see the laser, and if the lights are off, you can see the visual red laser the same as an IR through NVGs. I hope this answers your question.

Edit: also most teams use the white NVGs, which adjust to light much better than the green.
View Quote

Thank you for the reply and it makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Without further information/documentation/reliable source confirmation, I'm guessing the guy is bullshitting you.  That combined with the fact that you're not even sure if he's a SEAL would lead me to believe that based on what you've given us... he's probably not.  

I do know a Delta sniper that had a shot at Escobar back in Vietnam, but got waved off by a CIA drone.  Met him at a gun show.  Great guy.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Augee:
Without further information/documentation/reliable source confirmation, I'm guessing the guy is bullshitting you.  That combined with the fact that you're not even sure if he's a SEAL would lead me to believe that based on what you've given us... he's probably not.  

I do know a Delta sniper that had a shot at Escobar back in Vietnam, but got waved off by a CIA drone.  Met him at a gun show.  Great guy.  

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee
Escobar was never in 'Nam! My best friend's neighbor's cousin was a CIA double agent in 'Nam, and he said that Escobar was always hiding in Cambodia, but had numerous body doubles as decoys in 'Nam to throw of the US Military.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Escobar was never in 'Nam! My best friend's neighbor's cousin was a CIA double agent in 'Nam, and he said that Escobar was always hiding in Cambodia, but had numerous body doubles as decoys in 'Nam to throw of the US Military.  

http://40.media.tumblr.com/23130a3782f335491c59c0e6999e1421/tumblr_nmd5os1ZqA1qmqs6fo2_1280.jpg

View All Quotes

~Augee

http://40.media.tumblr.com/23130a3782f335491c59c0e6999e1421/tumblr_nmd5os1ZqA1qmqs6fo2_1280.jpg

I can see how the body double angle may be true because my Pops said that Escobar was his next door neighbor in the Philippines..
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking for an exps 3-0 in tan with the old logo. PM me if you're looking to unload one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azoutdoorsman] [#23]

Originally Posted By jBoy723:
I can see how the body double angle may be true because my Pops said that Escobar was his next door neighbor in the Philippines..
View All Quotes

~Augee

Yeah, Escobar was in Mindinao working with Muslim extremists for a while, is that where your Pops is from?

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#24]
So what are most of you guys doing for barrels?  Cut down 6920, DD?  If using the 6920 are you just chopping the fsp for the gas block?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By schaffer:
With an inforce light to boot.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#26]
It's really pick your poison as far as what people do...but a colt 10.3" is the spec. You can hide shit under a  RIS II...

Edit with old pic for the ownage:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, Escobar was in Mindinao working with Muslim extremists for a while, is that where your Pops is from?  

https://40.media.tumblr.com/5d8dc820277b3eb1fdd9d3773bd98bb7/tumblr_njz9d8xo321skaxu8o1_500.jpg

View All Quotes

~Augee

https://40.media.tumblr.com/5d8dc820277b3eb1fdd9d3773bd98bb7/tumblr_njz9d8xo321skaxu8o1_500.jpg

You guys are all wrong. I am Escobar.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#28]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Nothing too blasphemous here...
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

https://media.giphy.com/media/YF6yWJUu4St9e/giphy.gif
Lol
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#31]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
If this pans out, the cloners can claim "in the wild" first!

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/09/ussocom-evaulates-replacement-for-eotech-sights/

View Quote

Came to post this, but you beat me to it.

Some potentially great news for the future...
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TNW:
was dicking around with this SF mount tonight. Probably going to slap it on a different rifle.
Thanks Ryan.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/7ab2a1f7b95b81a9380656406699a52f_zpspcdf7y3a.jpg
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/31485a91b53924424a171c4676882a6e_zps6jzhetql.jpg
If anyone needs an FDE Gasbuster let me know.
View Quote

No problem. Looking good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Not 100% clone related, but my AAC can should be shipped back to me today.  Looking forward to receiving it.  Hopefully they did a good job with the repair.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#34]
For those running an su230 w/docter up top, Are you even running the bikini covers?  Front bikini cover seems to get in way of docter when I have it zip tied to the elcan.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

~Augee

Nope, he was born in Makati (outskirts of Manila) and joined the Navy right when he turned 18. That would be some funny ass S%!# if he actually was Esco's neighbor...LOL..
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#36]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
For those running an su230 w/docter up top, Are you even running the bikini covers?  Front bikini cover seems to get in way of docter when I have it zip tied to the elcan.
View Quote

I don't have the Doctor on top of mine but, I do have the bikini covers and still do not even use them..
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#37]

I don't have the Doctor on top of mine but, I do have the bikini covers and still do not even use them..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Same, sort of. I put mine on when I'm transporting it or when I put it in the safe, but it comes off when in use.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I think my bikini cover is in a box somewhere...

I know I didn't throw it away, but I've moved several times since I got my ELCAN.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I think my bikini cover is in a box somewhere...

I know I didn't throw it away, but I've moved several times since I got my ELCAN.  

~Augee
View Quote

Its lost in the depths of command central..
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
So what are most of you guys doing for barrels?  Cut down 6920, DD?  If using the 6920 are you just chopping the fsp for the gas block?
View Quote

I just got a colt SOCOM profile off EE, I know it's not technically correct but it is a colt 14.5 so profile shouldn't be a huge issue. I got mine for 200 new, and even factoring in shipping and the fee to get it cut you're just about even with a DD10.3 in terms of cost.

I am also wondering about gas block. I have a PRI low pro in my cart hoping for a Black Friday sale, but if there is a cheaper option I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

View All Quotes

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/09/ussocom-evaulates-replacement-for-eotech-sights/

So have they stopped making them for right now? I saw that letter from there main distributor stating no new product had been sent/delivered since like the first of the year.

I had a HELL of a time finding my second EXPS3.0-TAN just recently, had to buy it used off a thread member as no shops had them in-stock and had not in a while.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]

So have they stopped making them for right now? I saw that letter from there main distributor stating no new product had been sent/delivered since like the first of the year.

I had a HELL of a time finding my second EXPS3.0-TAN just recently, had to buy it used off a thread member as no shops had them in-stock and had not in a while.

View All Quotes

Got mine off midway a little over a month ago and as of now they show in stock
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I didn't know that. Good thing I just bought one today.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
I just got a colt SOCOM profile off EE, I know it's not technically correct but it is a colt 14.5 so profile shouldn't be a huge issue. I got mine for 200 new, and even factoring in shipping and the fee to get it cut you're just about even with a DD10.3 in terms of cost.

I am also wondering about gas block. I have a PRI low pro in my cart hoping for a Black Friday sale, but if there is a cheaper option I'm all ears.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:

Originally Posted By SilentMark:

If you watch Brownells every few months they will put the 16" DD M4 profiles barrels on sale for like $160.00 dollars. Those come with like a .053 gas port I think it was? I bought one of those, shipped it off to ADCO and had it chopped to 10.3", had them open up the gas port to .070 and I'm running it with a H2 buffer. Sucker eats everything I throw at it, XM-193, M885, TAP-FPD, Wolf, Tula, HMS, PMC etc. I will note that it's a little springy with the Wolf and Tula crap so I'm thinking about picking up a CAR or H buffer to run exclusively with that.

Unless I told you or you looked up the DD serial number, you wouldn't know it wasn't a factory DD 10.3" and it's the most accurate barrel I've ever had.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

All the article says is that SOCOM is looking for a potential replacement for EOTechs, and names the five contenders.

It will likely be a long while before we hear anything else "official" about this.

I'm guessing this doesn't change anything with EOTech production for the present and near future.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#46]

All the article says is that SOCOM is looking for a potential replacement for EOTechs, and names the five contenders.

It will likely be a long while before we hear anything else "official" about this.

I'm guessing this doesn't change anything with EOTech production for the present and near future.
View All Quotes

Agreed on all accounts. Many of these replacement programs lead to no change at all after years of effort.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#47]
If any of you know how military contracts and funding works, this kind of stuff can take years.  It takes me six months just to get boots and new flight gear.  What's more, I find it interesting that they are looking at the MRO based on all the testimony regarding magnification and fish bowling.

Jenn juan and M2 inbound:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
If any of you know how military contracts and funding works, this kind of stuff can take years.  It takes me six months just to get boots and new flight gear.  What's more, I find it interesting that they are looking at the MRO based on all the testimony regarding magnification and fish bowling.

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice! But something looks off. What happened to your bayo lug?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg</a>

10.5 and no bayo lug. You spotted half of it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#50]
How are you guys getting those Surefire "Warden" blast diffusers so quickly. It says they aren't even available yet on their own website.

...or have I just not been paying attention lately? Because that could very easily be the case.
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 597 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top