AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 598 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

10.5 and no bayo lug. You spotted half of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
If any of you know how military contracts and funding works, this kind of stuff can take years.  It takes me six months just to get boots and new flight gear.  What's more, I find it interesting that they are looking at the MRO based on all the testimony regarding magnification and fish bowling.

Jenn juan and M2 inbound:

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg</a>

Nice! But something looks off. What happened to your bayo lug?

Airsoft?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

Airsoft?
View All Quotes
If any of you know how military contracts and funding works, this kind of stuff can take years.  It takes me six months just to get boots and new flight gear.  What's more, I find it interesting that they are looking at the MRO based on all the testimony regarding magnification and fish bowling.

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/d403f040-8a4d-4b6b-83af-17899e4e532c_zpsy1kn4rep.jpg</a>

Airsoft?

Nah that's Cheese's build. It's real, looks like the upper was made for whichever ban state because of the bayo lug being removed. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that at least.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#3]

View All Quotes

freaking trollers.....it just kills you to be nice!

Airsoft?

AZ outdoor person, is this your shill account?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Airsoft?

It really does at times. But you're one of the many here I do like so it's all in good fun.

It still looks pretty cool tho fo sho. And you can always swap the barrel and FSB at a later date.

Needs black gen Juan SERPMERD purdy bad tho.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#5]
Yeah it's a budget build, nitride 10.5 PSA upper that comes factory with no lug.  Sucker just runs though, even the entry level PSA shit is legit.  Knowing me, I will end up selling it in two months anyway when I get orders back to Japan.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#6]

View All Quotes

Lol, it was just a shot in the dark. I know the airsoft guns are pretty close to looking real, I just don't know HOW real. The grip had me thinking, I remember a looong time ago, in a land far far away,....actually it was probably on this thread, or another like it, someone mentioned they spotted an airsoft gun because of the grip, and I remember it kinda looking like that one.

Oh, and btw, this is still a question I would like answered if possible.

How are you guys getting those Surefire "Warden" blast diffusers so quickly. It says they aren't even available yet on their own website.

...or have I just not been paying attention lately? Because that could very easily be the case.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
A1 grip bro...and I've been called a lot worse than airsofter in here
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah it's a budget build, nitride 10.5 PSA upper that comes factory with no lug.  Sucker just runs though, even the entry level PSA shit is legit.  Knowing me, I will end up selling it in two months anyway when I get orders back to Japan.
View Quote

Sweet sweet. Guess what I realized while I was laying in bed last night....now that I got my M4A1 clone built, I can now sacrifice my RIS II for a Mk18 FSP for my CQBR, and with the leftover parts I have everything to build another B1 or M4A1 upper.

Shits going down, son.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
How are you guys getting those Surefire "Warden" blast diffusers so quickly. It says they aren't even available yet on their own website.

...or have I just not been paying attention lately? Because that could very easily be the case.
View Quote

BCM-Black

Seems like the FDE ones aren't out yet
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#10]

Sweet sweet. Guess what I realized while I was laying in bed last night....now that I got my M4A1 clone built, I can now sacrifice my RIS II for a Mk18 FSP for my CQBR, and with the leftover parts I have everything to build another B1 or M4A1 upper.

Shits going down, son.
View All Quotes

Shits going down, son.

New builds lead to new builds....the clone God's work in mysterious ways!!!  At least the bcg in my cqbr B1 is a Colt
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
So what are most of you guys doing for barrels?  Cut down 6920, DD?  If using the 6920 are you just chopping the fsp for the gas block?
View Quote

http://www.specializedarmament.com/products/Barrel_Front_Sight_Assembly_10_3_MK18_CQBR-1003-289.html
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]

New builds lead to new builds....the clone God's work in mysterious ways!!!  At least my bcg in my cqbr B1 is a Colt
View All Quotes

Shits going down, son.

New builds lead to new builds....the clone God's work in mysterious ways!!!  At least my bcg in my cqbr B1 is a Colt

Mine is still USGI contractor. CMT.

But yes I still need a Colt BCG, anusface.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Shits going down, son.

I will hook you up when I part it out.....I might be saying goodbye to my entire sopmod poser starter kit.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:17:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#14]
A1 grip bro...
View All Quotes
A1 grip bro...

Yeah, see, there's my problem. It's been so long since I've seen one in person, as all I have is magpul and egro grips on all my guns;

</a>PSX_20151109_021157 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

...and the ones I might see on here, I don't really look at close enough to remember the little details. I just thought the bottom part on the front of the grip looked different. Believe it or not, I am actually wrong sometimes.

Originally Posted By Petes1552:

BCM-Black

Sweet. Thank you. I actually don't want the FDE one anyway.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#15]
If you're not big on details, cloning probably isn't your thing.......but hay, my B1 is full retard so I'm the last guy to give advice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, see, there's my problem. It's been so long since I've seen one in person, as all I have is magpul and egro grips on all my guns;

http://<a href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5730/22472539648_89f8474904_b.jpg</a>PSX_20151109_021157 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

...and the ones I might see on here, I don't really look at close enough to remember the little details. I just thought the bottom part on the front of the grip looked different. Believe it or not, I am actually wrong sometimes.

View All Quotes
A1 grip bro...

http://<a href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5730/22472539648_89f8474904_b.jpg</a>PSX_20151109_021157 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

BCM-Black

Man I'm really lusting over a FSP rail.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]

I will hook you up when I part it out.....I might be saying goodbye to my entire sopmod poser starter kit.

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/477fc984-5ea9-46a3-8e67-bddcc878faa5_zpsoigtnfzk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/477fc984-5ea9-46a3-8e67-bddcc878faa5_zpsoigtnfzk.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Shits going down, son.

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/477fc984-5ea9-46a3-8e67-bddcc878faa5_zpsoigtnfzk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/477fc984-5ea9-46a3-8e67-bddcc878faa5_zpsoigtnfzk.jpg</a>

Why? Did you decide you care about what your wife wants?

Picture this URG with a Mk18 FSP, shit is GOING DOWWWWWWWN.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
For those running an su230 w/docter up top, Are you even running the bikini covers?  Front bikini cover seems to get in way of docter when I have it zip tied to the elcan.
View Quote

No, for the reason you mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Come to goodfella first.  We'll make out.  Or shoot guns.

Or bofe?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#20]
If you're not big on details, cloning probably isn't your thing.......but hay, my B1 is full retard so I'm the last guy to give advice.
View Quote

It's actually not my thing. I don't have a single gun or upper that any of you would really categorize as an actual, full on, clone.  

Here's essentially what I'm working with

</a>PSX_20151106_135545 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

I mean, of course there's a bunch of stocks, foregrips, rail covers, charging handles, iron sights, other optics, et cetera all thrown about and in like 3-4 boxes around the house, but these are the weapons I have. And it is constantly changing btw. Hell, I think I took this picture yesterday, and I've already swapped optics around two or three times, lol. Actually, I have about 90% of the parts just lying around somewhere to make a mk18 mod0 clone. All I would need would be the aimpoint and the rear iron sight and it would be good to go. It's just not really my thing. I figure, especially looking at this thread, that everyone and their mother basically has a mod 0 or mod 1 clone. I just put the stuff on my guns that I like, and suit what I intend the gun to be used for.

That isn't to say that one day I will get bored and totally change my mind though, lol. Because that is almost guaranteed to happen. Probably sooner rather than later, knowing how fast I get bored of a particular set-up.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#21]
Nevermind, I can use it for my next post anyway.

Originally Posted By AZJBT:
View Quote

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I like it a lot better than the Knights rail I had on it before. I can mount my grip farther up without having to worry about being burnt by the barrel or something.

Also, are they discontinued or something? I can someone ask me about that on youtube just the other day.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Edit: Double post for some reason. Can a Mod delete this please?
View Quote

Anyways, those are pretty damn close dude. I didn't see anything except some very small changes to make them "correct"

But they pretty much float for me as-is, plus you have a legit FDE Mk18 FSP, so there's that.

I saw your action shots too, which were pretty fawesome.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Listed my brand new KAC taupe/FDE QDSS NT4 can in the EE.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I like it a lot better than the Knights rail I had on it before. I can mount my grip farther up without having to worry about being burnt by the barrel or something.

Also, are they discontinued or something. I can someone ask me about that on youtube just the other day.
View All Quotes

Also, are they discontinued or something. I can someone ask me about that on youtube just the other day.

I want to find one for my work gun.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
A1 grip bro...

BCM-Black

Me too bro. Still mad I missed the brownells DD rail sale
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Anyways, those are pretty damn close dude. I didn't see anything except some very small changes to make them "correct"

But they pretty much float for me as-is, plus you have a legit FDE Mk18 FSP, so there's that.

View All Quotes
Edit: Double post for some reason. Can a Mod delete this please?

Thank you. I also have some fairly shitty videos of them in action as well, lol. The "close" part is all in the pov of the particular person viewing it. I mean, they're definitely close enough for rock and roll (and my tastes), and technically the FSP one is a Colt Mk18 upper, and the other is a DD Mk18, only it has a black rail.

However, I kinda meant those people who get pretty nit picky about the slightest little differences to the mil-spec versions. Like "OMG, THAT SCRATCH ON YOUR GUN IS SUPPOSED TO BE 3.7mm TO THE LEFT!!", lol. To them what I have probably wouldn't even be considered a Mk18, let alone a Mk18 mil-spec clone.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I just made my own out of a M4A1 FSP rail:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#28]

It takes a certain kind of person, with a certain set of machining tools, a certain FSP RIS II rail, and a certain set of balls to be this baller. Jus sayin.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/716/21723924116_7da7a355f1_b.jpg
View All Quotes

Speaking of, do you have a link to a write-up you can shoot my way brotha? I have the doing part down as a metalworker, but the dimensions I'm still not up to snuff comfortably.

Johnny- I LOL'd at the scratch comment.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

So then they ARE discontinued then? If so, anyone know the reason(s) why they would do such a terrible thing?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#31]

So then they ARE discontinued then? If so, anyone know the reason(s) why they would do such a terrible thing?
View All Quotes

Dude they only made around 40 of them. Your rail is worth some bones.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

So you're telling me it's a unicorn?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Conspiro-Agnew] [#33]

View All Quotes

I don't know if they are discontinued, somebody more knowledgeable than myself can speak to that, but they are definitely not available for retail anymore. That said, I was stoked when I realized I could mod the M4A1 FSP rail. It's not the original, but it definitely satisfied the want. Of course, this one is my wife's... she said I'm not getting it back.

ETA, answered above by MILSPEC

speaking of MILSPEC, hey man, I'll have to dig up the post I made about where and how I did it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't know if they are discontinued, somebody more knowledgeable than myself can speak to that, but they are definitely not available for retail anymore. That said, I was stoked when I realized I could mod the M4A1 FSP rail. It's not the original, but it definitely satisfied the want. Of course, this one is my wife's... she said I'm not getting it back.

speaking of MILSPEC, hey man, I'll have to dig up the post I made about where and how I did it.
View All Quotes

For sure bro. I'm bored with my CQBR as-is, and prefer block 1 setup in 14.5, so the RIS II chop is a go.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#35]

View All Quotes

pg. 1056 has some of the info you seek ....and pg. 1037...of this here thread.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

The factory Mk18 FSP, yes. That is a unicorn. We buy full length FSP's and chop them down to Mk18 length. There are a few guys in here that own the factory mk18 FSP though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#37]

View All Quotes

40? The FUCK? Holy shit, I better take good care of this thing. Yeah though, I guess it would be worth a pretty penny. Not that I'd ever sell it though, lol. I like it too much.

So, in other news, it looks like those rail covers I just took off are going right back on.

Edit: Also, if people are making their own, how could you tell mine was real?

There are a few guys in here that own the factory mk18 FSP though.

Yeah, and apparently I'm one of them. Dammit, how come nobody told me about this sooner? LOL.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#38]
40? The FUCK? Holy shit, I better take good care of this thing. Yeah though, I guess it would be worth a pretty penny. Not that I'd ever sell it though, lol. I like it too much.

Yeah, and apparently I'm one of them. Dammit, how come nobody told me about this sooner? LOL.
View All Quotes

Somewhere around there. I saw the actual thread where DD was convinced to make the run of them. Although idk if I could find it again even if I tried all day.

Thank you CloneD! Now those lines are off camber, are the cuts supposed to follow the off camber lines, Conspiro, or did you just throw the lines up quickly?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

View All Quotes

That's the post I was thinking of. Good looking out, bro.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I remember the GOOD posts
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Somewhere around there. I saw the actual thread where DD was convinced to make the run of them. Although idk if I could find it again even if I tried all day.

Thank you CloneD! Now those lines are off camber, are the cuts supposed to follow the off camber lines, Conspiro, or did you just throw the lines up quickly?
View All Quotes

I just threw them up quickly. I only used a dremel and some files, so it wasn't like it was a precision process anyway. I cut along those lines, ground the excess down, and then used a file to finish it up. Not much to it, really.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I remember the GOOD posts
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Augee:
Without further information/documentation/reliable source confirmation, I'm guessing the guy is bullshitting you.  That combined with the fact that you're not even sure if he's a SEAL would lead me to believe that based on what you've given us... he's probably not.  

I do know a Delta sniper that had a shot at Escobar back in Vietnam, but got waved off by a CIA drone.  Met him at a gun show.  Great guy.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:

Originally Posted By Freedom556:

So not that this has much to do with the CQBR, but I had the chance to talk to a SEAL today (supposedly) and he kept talking about how they were using mostly LMT monolithic uppers, and some LWRC. Can anyone confirm?

Without further information/documentation/reliable source confirmation, I'm guessing the guy is bullshitting you.  That combined with the fact that you're not even sure if he's a SEAL would lead me to believe that based on what you've given us... he's probably not.  

I do know a Delta sniper that had a shot at Escobar back in Vietnam, but got waved off by a CIA drone.  Met him at a gun show.  Great guy.  

~Augee

Think I've got the outline for my next book.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Agreed on all accounts. Many of these replacement programs lead to no change at all after years of effort.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Originally Posted By PFran42:

If this pans out, the cloners can claim "in the wild" first!

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/09/ussocom-evaulates-replacement-for-eotech-sights/

Came to post this, but you beat me to it.

Some potentially great news for the future...

So have they stopped making them for right now? I saw that letter from there main distributor stating no new product had been sent/delivered since like the first of the year.

I had a HELL of a time finding my second EXPS3.0-TAN just recently, had to buy it used off a thread member as no shops had them in-stock and had not in a while.

All the article says is that SOCOM is looking for a potential replacement for EOTechs, and names the five contenders.

It will likely be a long while before we hear anything else "official" about this.

I'm guessing this doesn't change anything with EOTech production for the present and near future.

Agreed on all accounts. Many of these replacement programs lead to no change at all after years of effort.

Agreed. Kinda like the Military is looking for a new handgun to replace the M9 and a new rifle to replace the M4A1, cough...

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#45]

I just threw them up quickly. I only used a dremel and some files, so it wasn't like it was a precision process anyway. I cut along those lines, ground the excess down, and then used a file to finish it up. Not much to it, really.
View All Quotes

Thank you brother. The scary part is I broke my last Dremel cutting wheel, so may be doing it with a big ass angle grinder.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Agreed. Kinda like the Military is looking for a new handgun to replace the M9 and a new rifle to replace the M4A1, cough...

View Quote

Exactly. Although I'm inclined to say SOCOM can get things moving along quicker than big Army, I have a feeling they may find the cost of widespread replacement may not be worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#47]

It takes a certain kind of person, with a certain set of machining tools, a certain FSP RIS II rail, and a certain set of balls to be this baller. Jus sayin.

View Quote

Shit... I have a couple of those FSP RIS II rails, new in the box and a Dremel tool... Hold my beer I got this!

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol, that's funny.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#49]
Lol, that's funny.
View Quote

"Funny how? Like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh?"

Sorry, it's an involuntary response I have nearly every time someone says that. It's not even directed at me, lol. I'm trying to work on it. You know, going to meetings, talking to therapists. I'm getting better, but the Doctors say it's potentially a life-long condition.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Speaking of real mk18fsp
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 598 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top