Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 686 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TAPTAP556:
Looking to join the  0.07" master race.  Need some help on a couple unanswered questions after searching through 1300+ pages of awesome.

1. Does the Specialized Armament (SAW) 10.3" colt barrel have a 0.07" gas port (SAW Product ID: MK18BA) ?

2. Do the Colt factory 10.3" barrels have a 0.07" gas port? As found at G&R tactical (out of stock)

3. If buying an M18 upper receiver from Specialized Armament (SAW) is it possible to forgo the "reliability upgrades" (Product ID: URG051)?  I am assuming that the upgrades involve changing the gas system, polishing, extractor upgrades, etc., but I would like to have a clone correct MK18 without tweaks.  Same question applies for the MK18 full gun from SAW.
View Quote

I don't have the answer to your questions... but this wouldn't be a bad idea LINK. Buy that and have ADCO cut to 10.3 and open the gas port to .070

Also... someone mentioned that they spoke with Marty Daniel at Shot Show and it sounds like DD is going to star making their mil-spec mk18 uppers available to civilians.

Basically, I am saying that you may have a few more options that might be a little cheaper than SAW

EDIT: ECPrevatte answered your questions.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

3.) I don't know if it includes gas port. It might just be the gas rings stuff.

Option 4: Buy a Colt Gov 14.5" and have ADCO chop it. All the 10.3" are chopped 14.5" barrels anyways. Technically that would be a pretty correct route, just not having Crane do the work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Looking to join the  0.07" master race.  Need some help on a couple unanswered questions after searching through 1300+ pages of awesome.

1. Does the Specialized Armament (SAW) 10.3" colt barrel have a 0.07" gas port (SAW Product ID: MK18BA) ?

2. Do the Colt factory 10.3" barrels have a 0.07" gas port? As found at G&R tactical (out of stock)

3. If buying an M18 upper receiver from Specialized Armament (SAW) is it possible to forgo the "reliability upgrades" (Product ID: URG051)?  I am assuming that the upgrades involve changing the gas system, polishing, extractor upgrades, etc., but I would like to have a clone correct MK18 without tweaks.  Same question applies for the MK18 full gun from SAW.

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

Option 4: Buy a Colt Gov 14.5" and have ADCO chop it. All the 10.3" are chopped 14.5" barrels anyways. Technically that would be a pretty correct route, just not having Crane do the work.

Thanks - From my other research, G&R and SAW both claim that the 10.3s are Colt factory and not cut downs.  Just wasn't certain on the gas port size of those barrels, and would rather chop and ream vs. buy an over gassed factory barrel.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Also... someone mentioned that they spoke with Marty Daniel at Shot Show and it sounds like DD is going to star making their mil-spec mk18 uppers available to civilians.
View Quote

Best news from SHOT.  Thanks for sharing.

That would be ideal... especially if they leave off the laser'd tramp stamp off the upper. The rails are also still impossible to find without buying an upper and stripping anyway...
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks - From my other research, G&R and SAW both claim that the 10.3s are Colt factory and not cut downs.  Just wasn't certain on the gas port size of those barrels, and would rather chop and ream vs. buy an over gassed factory barrel.
View All Quotes

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

I got my Colt 10.3" factory barrels from G&R last March and they are indeed not cut down and do have 0.070" port. I wish I would have bought 3 more when they were still in stock..
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Have to be getting high in rounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/23732208364_0d4dfd9b3f_h.jpg

View Quote

Reminds me of the Metallica logo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

View All Quotes

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

5 year lurker!

The 16" Colt barrels are usually cheaper than 14.5" and OAL doesn't matter if they are cut down.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah you can see the build up on the first ring if you don't look at the first baffle hole.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
5 year lurker!  

The 16" Colt barrels are usually cheaper than 14.5" and OAL doesn't matter if they are cut down.
View All Quotes

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

5 year lurker!  

I have another account from 2006 with 27 total posts, but I can't remember the password, nor the email.  I know admitting this can get me banhammer'd, but...Lurkers gonna lurk.  I'm out for another 5 years.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
SF3P's seem to be harder to find... Anyone know where to snag one for a good price? Also open to a warcomp... Went to three different shops looking for them for Roadblock and myself and couldn't find any. I did however manage to snag him an FDE PRI with the right latch. Let me know if anyone else needs one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Talked to the DD head .mil sales guy. FSP cqbr rails are still in production.... There is a chance they will hit the marlet when a contact is finished. Only as a complte upper though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Gotta say..   It really doesn't look that bad considering how thick the blast baffle is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

That might be this years Christmas card photo...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Saw this on instagram today. Shot Show 2016

and to keep things clone correct. All colt. That B5 has since been replaced with an LMT Gen 1.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Cpvjar" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1561/23894842403_5a98432b8f_c.jpg</a>

Insight M3X Tan pushbutton Incandescent and Tan LED with pistol backplate are going up for sale.
View Quote

Looks Badass with the M900..    
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:49:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#16]
Originally Posted By ninjasteezify:
Saw this on instagram today. Shot Show 2016
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j419/LifangZhu/Untitled_zpsljdxtpzl.png

and to keep things clone correct. All colt. That B5 has since been replaced with an LMT Gen 1.
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j419/LifangZhu/IMG_26601_zpsfki03jcq.jpg
View Quote

They bringing it back? I'm pretty pleased with my current two FSP uppers...

For those of you looking for PRI's, here's the one I snagged roadblock - as well as a comparison of the two latch types.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I only the FSP because it's rare. I'd probably sell mine now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:07:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ninjasteezify] [#18]
Yea I think the biggest appeal to them was the rarity and some just liked the way they looked, but in terms of functionality the standard rail is def more user friendly and easier to install/uninstall. Though if the FSP's do become available again I'd be lying if I said I wasnt remotely interested in building an upper with one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#19]
If they are actually releasing it I'm hoping that would mean the FDE rails will be available again as well. I'd think that SOF contract has been filled by now...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#20]
I mentioned thinking about selling it a couple days ago. I'm going to part with it so I can work on other stuff.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

PM sent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By jBoy723:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Cpvjar" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1561/23894842403_5a98432b8f_c.jpg</a>

Insight M3X Tan pushbutton Incandescent and Tan LED with pistol backplate are going up for sale.

Thanks. It's so heavy, but it helps to mitigate muzzle jump a little. I'm ditching a bunch of lights and going to get a 1000lmn bezel for the m900 and keep the V head around for the IR capability.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Better sell now while they're still rare.

If they become available again no one will want them. When they were easier to find I sold one for $280, New in the foil. I've got two in storage in another state. I'm going to mail the key to a friend and have him get them out to sell. Already have the buyer ready at $500 a piece.

Anyone have news on a replacement for the WMX lights?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#24]

If they become available again no one will want them. When they were easier to find I sold one for $280, New in the foil. I've got two in storage in another state. I'm going to mail the key to a friend and have him get them out to sell. Already have the buyer ready at $500 a piece.

View All Quotes

No clue, didnt see much around L3
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#25]

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

View All Quotes

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

Option 4 is what I did, but with a 16" barrel, it looks and functions the exact same.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#26]
First time I've seen seal with a block II

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

I have two Colt SAW barrels, but only one where I checked the port.

The port size was 0.78, which is consistent with the idea that Ken performs his "reliability" package on factory Colt barrels. This includes opening up the port some (why, I'm not sure; perhaps it's for LE who may be shooting under-powered ammo, or maybe he wants to sell H3 buffers).

I did notice that SAW re-parkerized the pin holes under the FSB, which you wouldn't see or expect on a factory upper considering how they are assembled. Nice touch, to be sure, but I'd rather have the properly spec'd gas port. Luckily, I didn't pay full price for that barrel. But at the time, it was the only place to get a factory Colt 10.3 without dealing with cut downs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:03:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#28]
Originally Posted By TAHK:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/ca94115/8201959303_429102e321_k_zpsydurkn4d.jpg
View Quote

You're not looking hard enough, then. Hell, this thread has tons of pics of exactly that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#29]

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/ca94115/8201959303_429102e321_k_zpsydurkn4d.jpg
View Quote

You need to stop getting banned then. There are a ton of pics of SEALs with block 2s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

You need to stop getting banned then. There are a ton of pics of SEALs with block 2s.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

zombie?

Does anyone have a spare CAR stock laying around? Thinkin of trying one in place of the Esopmod and using it for a future build.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#31]
RIP to my lost CQD mounts...

Thanks USPS
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Which one of you is outlaw185 on Instagram?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#33]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:
View Quote

I don't think he posts... just lurks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sbye:

I don't think he posts... Just lurks.

Outlaw185
View All Quotes

Outlaw185

He is always posting incredible pictures of cool guys doing cool guy shit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#35]

Outlaw185
View All Quotes

Outlaw185

NVM
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I still think the KAC rail with FSP and modern accessories looks so good. 2 different rifles but really similar configurations.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
I still think the KAC rail with FSP and modern accessories looks so good. 2 different rifles but really similar configurations.

http://i.imgur.com/nmwGtwR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lz4iIcP.jpg
View Quote

Cool shots, any insight on the rape taped Vicker's sling?  Also what rear sight is that?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

Cool shots, any insight on the rape taped Vicker's sling?  Also what rear sight is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

It's an ARMS rear sight.

No idea about the tape in the sling. Probably the closest thing on hand to keep the slack bundled up and out of the way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like some sort of ARMs rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Original ARMS #40. Always liked that sight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Definitely a #40. I've got one hanging out in the parts bin.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Que?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ColtXM177:

Que?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ColtXM177:

Que?

I think we've already discerned he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I have to agree.  I have been putting off one of these for far too long, now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Swooped up a 4 prong

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

So nice. Shit matches my current build almost exact, minus the CQBR and A.R.M.S. 40 parts. And the select fire part of course.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a factory DD MK 18 upper I have been running un-suppressed with an H1 buffer.  I am a complete suppressor noob and have an AAC 556SD on its way and am wondering if I'm going to have to switch out buffers or anything of that nature.

I would post a picture but it currently does not meet standards with a Nightforce 1-4x on it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By rubin:
I have a factory DD MK 18 upper I have been running un-suppressed with an H1 buffer.  I am a complete suppressor noob and have an AAC 556SD on its way and am wondering if I'm going to have to switch out buffers or anything of that nature.

I would post a picture but it currently does not meet standards with a Nightforce 1-4x on it.
View Quote

Just pick up an H2 and call it good. You probably have the gaping gas port, so that's what i would do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Welcome. I think I used an H3 with that upper and an M4-2K. I'm sure an H2 will be fine too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TNW:

Welcome. I think I used an H3 with that upper and an M4-2K. I'm sure an H2 will be fine too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNW:

I'm also running an H3 with my DD MK18 upper suppressed and unsuppressed with no issues.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 686 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top